38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Left, it's funny you saying that... I've been looking into things and it seems we can give it one more go this month. I start downregging around 5/6 days after I am due to ovulate... And I'll probably ovulate on my birthday... So let's do this miracle baby! I've googled and it's safe to TTC during downregging. In fact, there have been a lot of bfps during DR, maybe because the pressure is off? I'm so glad I can still try the old fashioned way this special month with my birthday and our first wedding anniversary. Maybe, just maybe...

Wish, fingers crossed for you with letrozole. You deserve a break :)

I love this thread, I really do. You girls are my heroes :)

For those of you considering looking at the option of adoption either now or down the line I'd reccomed n reading this amazing thread . It should be called the " happy ever after thread " so many happy endings :)
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/adoption-fostering-surrogacy/887371-adoption-journey.html

Its an old thread but if you have time read it :) t

thank you so much for that lead, left! I'm going to make sure I read through it. It's a journey that I always said I was open to but now that it may become a reality, it's a little scary!
And I shant forget the all-natural DTD! :sex:

ellie - yes! a miracle bday roll in the hay baby!! WOO!

chipie - where you at with your wedding stuff? did you pick up the dress yet? I hope you've recovered from your hen do. ;)

mdc - how are you doing? Where are you at? I know you have a week of travel this week for work. Check in when you can!

dandi - you mentioned on the other thread that you may not get a shower. Is that still the case?? that's crap if it is.

I'm looking forward to dinner plans tonight with 2 of my girlfriends. Their birthdays are the 12th and 17th so I'm going to just take care of the bill and that'll be their gifts! :) I signed up for a free CrossFit class in the morning with my friend again - 5:30am. Kill me now. Actually, it wasn't too bad last time and I'll get home, get ready for work and head down to my office for the day. I should sleep well tomorrow!!

I'm excited to read the adoption thread! I love a happy ending.

Wish- a shower is still iffy. My mom took pity and said she'd throw one even though it's faux pas for the mother of the mother to be to host. Since then though a lot has happened and she is overwhelmed as it is, so I'm not counting on it. My 4 best friends are throwing me a last girls night this weekend though, so that will be nice. I'm looking forward to it and I'm sure we will celebrate my baby plenty and that's all that I really wanted anyway. So I'm perfectly content and can't complain. I may just throw a sip and see party once he's here.

Ellie I'm so happy you're well on the way with the IVF journey. It's only natural to have doubts but don't be discouraged.

Morning all. Just popping in to say I hope everyone's week is going well.
Did anyone stay in touch with Krasa? She disappeared and I just wondered if she was ok.

Have a good Wednesday!

good morning girls!

dandi - I hope you do get some celebrating in, either before or after the baby comes. A last girls night should be fun, though!

ellie - no, I didn't keep in touch with her. I hope she knows she can come back to us at any time, but I believe she said she had to stop everything, at least for now. So understandable, she went through so much in such a short amount of time. I hope she's ok.

I hope everyone is having a great day! it's going to be a gorgeous one here so I'm wearing my new yellow shirt with white jeans - just feeling the spring throughout! :)

Hi girls,
Wish- Many prayers and good wishes on the next chapter of adoption. We had also talked about adoption with DH and we always thought of adopting out of the country if we ever did it. In fact my DH was so open with adoption than with ivf.

Dandi- I am glad you have a couple of friends who will celebrate with you before the baby gets here. Maternity leave is almost here….time flies.

Sugar- Good to hear all is well. LO will be here soon.

Left- I also did ivf because of age, time and my fibroids were on the way blocking stuff. Thank you for the mother’s day wishes.

Mdc- Hows the going? Is AF officially here? Did you go for your Sono yet?

Chipie- Hows the wedding preparation going on? Do you like your dress?

I am extremely exhausted and food aversion has kicked it. I am craving spicy and salty food. I cant stand anything sweet. Otherwise I am doing fine.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

How many weeks are you now Star? Still so happy for you.

DH just had an appointment through for semen sample to decide if we do IVF or ICSI. The date could not have been worse. Next Tuesday. A day or 2 before I ovulate! If we are going to give it one last go, that is terrible timing for abstinence, so I rang and changed it to the week after. There is no rush because I don't even start downregging for another fortnight, so Mr Akande won't need to decide for at least another 5 or 6 weeks.
DH is pleased that he gets a "champagne room" this time (which of you called it that?). Last time he had to do it at home and take it in, but we live further away from this hospital, so it's great that he can (as he says) "chuck one out" on site!

star - yes, how far along are you now? I'm glad you're still feeling crummy ;)

ellie - good head's up on the timing of everything! 'chuck one out'! :haha:

nothing going on here - haven't had a second to call the doc and ask about the new med/IUI, but I need to. I just realized AF should be here this weekend! yikes!
since I'm in my TWW I have to share this - smells like something DIED in our fridge! I've cleaned everything out and wiped it down and it still does. Nothing else smells weird, though, but I'm having fun thinking that it's b/c I'm preg. DH can smell it too, though, but doesn't think it's as bad as I do.

That would be perfect, Wish. Miracle unexpected natural baby! My fingers are crossed. Any other symptoms?

Ellie and Wish- Yes! That would be so great if you all get miracle babies before starting IUI and IVF. :). You never know.......:)

I am 10 wks now. I have an US next week then will be released to my Ob.

just bloated to the gills, that's it. Boobs are completely fine, not even a pimple! I'm 99% sure that AF is coming. It's ok - I called yesterday to ask about the medicated IUI and got a callback from a nurse who said she forwarded the request on to the doc. I should hear today.

star - that's so wonderful!! FX'ed for another outstanding scan!

Hello!!! Such a crazy week and waiting for my final plane to go home. Leaving at 5am from the east coast is not cool. When I went downstairs to get the shuttle there was a group of people still up from the night before.

Ellie, best of luck on the natural miracle!

Wish, holding out for you too!

Star, 10 weeks. Holy moly, that is amazing and with those symptoms must make you so happy! No saline for me. Whew! My doc does want to do a mock, but I think they are going to do it at ER.

Left, thanks for the thread.

Dandi, almost maternity leave...what?!?!

Hi sugar!

Still on bcp. I feel like it has been forever. Maybe it is because this week has been brutal that it feels like forever :haha: Next step is the baseline sono on Monday. Yikes! Tick tock tick tock says the egg clock. Let's get this show on the road.

Not quite as close to maternity leave as I would like. I'm basically working right up until my c section, so 9 more weeks of work.

Can't wait for things to kick off on Monday with your baselines!

Wish, what an amazing surprise that would be! You never know... And I hope you get a green light from the doc for letrozole if not!

10 weeks, Star! You're quarter there already!!!!!!

Mdc, so excited for you to start stimming. I'm a step behind you, I have my planning meeting on Monday and down regs the next week. When I get done with that and start stimming, you'll be getting your bfp! It's great that you will be able to prepare me for each next step.

Wish, I am keeping my fingers so tightly crossed for you with letrozole.

Sugar and Dandi, so excited for you both. My first forum friends I've known from unpreggers to mummies!

Left, that adoption thread is a great read, thank you for the link.

All other readers, stalkers, friends and lurkers - hello and good luck :)

Hi! I'm new to the forums. I'm 36, but my husband and I are trying for our first child. This will be my first cycle after stopping BC earlier this month.

Hi SamerSue! Welcome to the crazy world of TTC. I really hope your journey is much quicker and less painful than mine. This thread has been my lifeline over the past year and you will find a lot of love and support here.

Welcome Samersue! Wishing you the easy journey and a quick bfp!

Hi girls,

Wish- Did you hear back on the medicated iui? Fx for a surprise bfp before the iui.

Mdc- Monday is just around the corner. Yes, the show is about to begin! Keep us updated.

Dandi- 9 wks goes so fast. You are having a scheduled c-section right? Praying for the best.

Ellie- Fx for a surprise bfp too.

Welcome Sumersue. Hoping you get your bfp soon.

Hello to everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->