38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

ellie - I hear ya. I'm on another couple of threads, one where I've made 2 other friends but only one of those I text and am FB friends with (mdc knows terripeachy). We actually almost met up in Dec in DC but it didn't work out. But yeah, other than that, either everyone has faded away or it's not too much of a fit. I am on one assisted thread with some ladies but we are nowhere as close as all of us. I've definitely whittled down over time. I was referred to a DE-specific thread and though they were welcoming, apparently no one is a fan of my process (choosing frozen over fresh), so I feel a little weird. They were all like 'nope, I don't like frozen b/c the success rates are so much worse. So {insert other name here}, how are you doing?'. Not that I need anyone to cater to me, but the vibe isn't there. I may stay on for advice but I'm not warming up to any of them (except the ladies from the other 2 threads that referred me over there).
It sometimes becomes too much to keep up with too.
OR you see what you saw! how horrible!!! courtesy, people!!

aayla, that's great - I hope AF comes and goes in a flash for you!!

Hello lovely ladies!

Ayala I hope the iui schedule works out for you. Timing is by far my biggest stressor for a ART procedures.

Ellie and Wish, I agree I used to stalk a couple threads and post but I have really pulled back. Most people are nice and I agree other not as much :winkwink: Also since I have been addicted to this site for almost two years time to cut the cord a bit :haha: I try to stick to my go to threads.

Note to the witch...stay away until at least Sunday. That is a polite order missy!!!!!!

Ellie, I know exactly what you mean! During my first pregnancy last year, I found a due month thread that I thought I was connecting with, but after the miscarriage a girl posted that she was sorry then proceeded to tell the other girls not to worry bc statistically it probably meant that they were all safe since x number of thread members had lost their babies already. It was unreal. With this pregnancy I joined another due month thread only bc a few of the other girls who miscarried from the other thread were also in there. I'll stalk other threads to see what's happening, but I don't get invested in the ladies and their journeys like I do you girls. I just adore you all and it just clicks. I'm so grateful for it!

I have pulled back a bit and I no longer go looking for new threads. I have 3 that I follow that are my mains and I have fb friends now from them. Some I am have been kept going by other members but the original posters are not really active. But I pop in to keep updated just in case.
Thankfully I have never really had an issue with a member. Although one kept telling me my RE was a quack because they aren't monitoring me while I am on letrozole.
I think I have pulled back because if I have to see another woman at 7dpo get a negative test and bemoan how she is obviously out I will scream.

HAHA I've seen that one too, aayla! or the 18 yr old who is trying for her 2nd child, attempt #2 and is SO SAD. shut it.

mdc - did AF politely arrive when you asked her to?

Good morning everyone!

Ayala, is AF here for you?

Wish, I think your sono is here (or maybe it is over), either way good luck and I hope your cervix cooperates.

Hi to everyone else!

So AF did stay away and I kind of hope she will start tomorrow. I have been doing progesterone in the am and pm so not much of a chance for her to show up. I will take one pill this morning and then be done. I did take a pregnancy test today just in case and luckily it was negative. We dtd on O day and then had second thoughts. I am so scared of a mc, mmc, or chemical that would set us back. God that is awful I am too scared to try naturally. Guess it is what it is. So hopefully I will not have a cyst or anything crazy and we are off for round two. Yippee.

mdc - that's great!! for once, she listens!

nope - I was wrong on all the things. Bloods tomorrow and sono is next Monday. I hope my stubborn cervix cooperates too!!

Sorry to not post in so very long, we were away on vacation, then a week of teaching crafts for vacation bible school at my church, then my husband was sick. I really haven't had much in the way of time to be online.

Sounds like lots has been going on- congrats Ellie

AFM, since I'm on summer break I lined up all my doctor's appointments including a first visit to RE.

Here's what I know so far:

Endocrinologist- Thyroid tests all within normal range- maintain current medication dosage

Regular doc- weight, sugar, cholesterol,... higher than they should be. She has told me to focus on eating healthier and exercising and we will redo all tests in 3 months.

Gyn- normal

RE (first visit)- Bloodwork indicated I ovulated and would get AF within 2 weeks and sure enough yesterday was day 1 (after not having had AF since 4/23). I am doing a slew of other blood tests today including genetic testing, hormone testing, .... They will schedule a HSG (xray test) I think for next week. DH will provide semen sample for analysis. Then when all the tests are complete we will be able to discuss them and next steps.

Wish, good luck with the blood work today. When does the fun part of picking the donor begin?

Ayala, hope you are well.

Book, looks like you are on the right track!

AF is not here quite yet which is fine. DH is traveling a couple hours south for an event on Thurs 19th so I want to make sure it is not ER time. We are pretty open until mid Sept so should be fine to get some more frozen embies and get the perfect one finally transferred. Come on BFP!!!!!

Wish, I'm hoping everything is going smoothly.

Bookworm, it all sounds great except the really long time between periods. That must make it impossible to know when you will ovulate.

Mdc, come on! Your time is NOW!!!! That perfect blast is still waiting patiently and I just know it's going to be so amazing. I can't wait for you to be PUPO and then all fat and pregnant and panicking with me about round ligament pains!

I am doing ok. No af yet. And now I want her to stay away until at least Friday lol. So we can't do the iui this month for financial reasons. We are going to Vegas next month for my brother's wedding. So we have decided to do just a regular timed intercourse cycle. But I am going away for 2 days up to a cabin at the end of the month without hubby. If af comes today or tomorrow I won't be able to go as I will ovulate that weekend. Oh the twisted road of ttc. Lol

Hi girls,

I am still stalking and cheering you all.

I had some sickness and other family issues that made me be away from here for a bit.

Thinking about you all and hoping for the best.

hi star!!! thanks for sticking with us and cheering us on!!! :hugs:

bloods went fine and as expected - really just to get a BFN. Sono is Monday. Then I have to make those appts. THEN we can get the keys to pick a donor!! hahaha I need to get the ball rolling with those appts.

Yay Wish. Almost there. Hoping the Sono is a success with nothing new. Cant wait to hear about the donor picking experience:)

Wish my excitement is gearing up a notch . Cannot wait to join ye or should i say follow along with the DE experience . Hope the sono goes well with no surprises .

Wish: looks like everything is coming along. The time will pass by so fast! I'm looking forward to reading about your journey.

AFM: I got spotting today!! So happy. The fertility doc also called to go over the IUI procedure. It got me excited to do this again. so I have talked to hubby and we are going to take a good hard look at our budget. I'm also only working about 20 hours a week right now but I could easily work 40. But it's been nice to not really have to. But double the money is nice. and I just got a small raise. We would have most of the amount in one week if I worked 40 hours.

time to not be so lazy and complacent and work full time now. :haha:

so it looks like IUI is back on. I am spotting more regular as the night goes on so I should expect af tomorrow or Saturday. The IUI should happen on Aug 30 or 31st.

They want to go by OPK's. I am to use clear blue or first response (regular not digi) and do it with fmu. I have never got a surge with fmu. Always around 7pm. And before the mc I was lucky and surged the day before I ovulated. Now I surge the same day. They didn't understand how I knew that. I told them I temp. So I would get the surge, and the next day I would get the temp spike. I know I ovulate on cd 19 or 20. I asked if I could just book it for a specific day since I know when I ovulate. They said that yes, it is possible as I am the paying customer but they really do want to try and rely on the opk.

Star, sorry that you have been sick and had some family issues. Hopefully you are feeling better.

Ayala, best of luck with the iui! I tested OPKs twice a day because I catch my first surge in the afternoon. I too think I O the same day as my OPKs. My successful iui was a dual one day of and day after O.

As usual :winkwink: hi to everyone.

Today is day 3 of injections for me and pretty boring until I go back on Sunday to see how much they have grown (lining included).

Cd 1 today! I will doing opk's but I will be booking my iui on Aug 30 for cd 19.

Good luck Ayala!

Day 6 of stims for me and the bloating is starting. All for a good cause though. So far 11 follies and my lining is doing great. I add in two more injections today. Yippee...pin cushion.

That sucks about the bloating and that you feel like a pin cushion. How many more days do you have to inject meds?

Afm: yesterday I did my cd 3 fsh and estradiol test. My fsh was 4.8 and my estradiol was 94. Not sure what the numbers mean. Some say good some say not great. I am hoping the doc will call to explain.

Cd 4 today. Started the letrozole yesterday. Only 2 weeks until the iui!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->