38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Sorry lola. Good luck with your appointment.

Hi ladies,

Welcome to the new ladies! I realy hope we havea few BFP's soon!

Eskar - I used Instead softcups the month I fell pregnant with my dd! Plan on pulling them out again once we have moved.

Lola - so sorry AF got you!! Has your Dr scheduled your bloods yet?

Tui - Your chart still looks good hun! FXed af stays away!

Gonimi - Glad you are enjoying London! Have you been to see the poppies at the Tower of London? We are hoping to get up there soon.

How is everyone else doing?

AFM - well the holidays have been really busy with keeping DD entertained/playdates and keeping my sister going. My mom has also been execptionally hard work recently!! But hopefully we have sorted her out (for now!)
Have also been trying to find a new house. The market here is really slow and we keep loosing out to others in a much better position. So the plan is now to complete selling this house and to rent till we find the house we really want!
So temporarily put TTC on hold till we have the first move done - hopefully moving at the end of the Sept or beginning of Oct.

I'd love to join you ladies on this journey. I'm 39 and DH is 41 and we are FINALLY ttc our first. I just stopped taking the pill July 18. I am on my first cycle of actively trying. I'm using OPKs and got a positive on Friday. Here's hoping that our baby dancing paid off.

Good luck and baby dust to all of you as well!

:dust:

Hi stenokat and welcome. Good luck with your first cycle.

Hi everyone. Been a bit slack with the posting lately. Feeling a bit sorry for myself, lol. I'm ok now though. Ready to O at the weekend I hope, as long as trying epo hasn't thrown things out.

How is everyone doing?

Hi stenokat and welcome. Good luck with your first cycle.

Hi everyone. Been a bit slack with the posting lately. Feeling a bit sorry for myself, lol. I'm ok now though. Ready to O at the weekend I hope, as long as trying epo hasn't thrown things out.

How is everyone doing?

Thanks for the welcome!!! Hope your O happens this weekend! Make sure and have some fun while BD'ing. Good luck and lots of baby dust to you!

:dust:

Hi stenokat and welcome :) its been a bit quiet on here lately but we can change that lol....
I'm 41 heading to 42 .. I'm also 7 DPO but don't hold out much hope for this cycle . Second cycle trying for no 2 . No 1 is six months old .

Goodluck in your journey :) are you using fertility friend or temp taking ?

Hi stenokat and welcome :) its been a bit quiet on here lately but we can change that lol....
I'm 41 heading to 42 .. I'm also 7 DPO but don't hold out much hope for this cycle . Second cycle trying for no 2 . No 1 is six months old .

Goodluck in your journey :) are you using fertility friend or temp taking ?

This is only my second cycle off the pill. I didn't do anything (other than BD) last month. This month I decided to use OPKs to see if and when I ovulate. I'd been on the pill for 20 years before this and the last few years I was taking active pills all the time. Having a period is strange enough...all the other stuff that comes with being off the pill has been interesting to say the least.

Next month I plan on temping. I did start yesterday just to get in the habit. I have an iPhone app called My Days that I've been using to track BD, O, cervical position, CM, OPK results, periods, and now temps.

I have my fingers crossed that I won't have too much difficulty getting pregnant, but who knows.

Hi Eskar and StenoKat and welcome! :flower:

I've been neglecting this thread lately, sorry! :nope:

I hope everyone is hanging in there and doing okay. :thumbup:

Well, it's official. I had my first blood draw for my IVF this cycle. I'm scheduled to start ovarian stimulation injections this Friday. I'm excited but super nervous too.

Sounds exciting booger, good luck with it.

I'm waiting on blood tests myself. It looks like I had a chemical last month so the doctor is doing a bit of investigating.

hi and welcome Stenokat ! ;)
Boogers, sounds exciting! lots of baby dust !! Lets us know how it went.
Tui, same here, cycle buddies again, I'm O'ing very soon. Would be fun to get both our bfp this cycle !

Stenokat, I hope your body will get fast to his cycle routine, and who knows, maybe you get a bfp VERY soon !! fingers crossed !

Left wonderin, I hope you get it fast too, let us know how is it going.

It's nice to have new people around here

Well I caved and tested today 9dpo and bfn :( I know its still early but I feel I'm out this cycle . Ill test again in 2 days time , I've. 15 day Lp so AF not due for 6 more days .

I really wish your head turned green or something !! Lol.... Something obvious !

Hello ladies,
I'm new to B&B, I'm 41 my dh is 44, so were starting pretty late. That alone has me worried. We've been trying for about four months with no success...and yet again today..af showed so I'm on CD1 yet again. I don't really know how to use opk's, or the chart. I think I might look into it though. I don't have a bbt...yet. Its nice to see a thread for women my age!

Hoping for bfp's for you all!!

Hi lady and welcome :) there are lots of us in this club :) I'm 41 42 in 2 months ( eeeek) I had my first LO at 41 and now trying for no2 . What type of cycles do you have ? For example if you have 28 day cycle you would start using Opk as soon as AF is finished . So (cd6) counting day6 , so you poas once or twice a day and once the test turns positive ( two lines of the same colour it means you will ovulate within 12-36 hours .

Charting is great for getting to know your cycles and confirming ovulation . Most people use the fertility friend app . If you want to know anything about temp taking or charting pm me and ill fill you in , or anymore questions you have I'm happy to help :) and in no time you will get your BFP :)

Tui I like your thinking ! Now what shade blue ??? Tink we should all announce our BFP with a blue bellybutton !!!! Lol

Thank you so much. Yes I have 28 day cycles. Well, I always spot for two days before full flow so I don't know if that would make it 30 day cycles. Sounds like opk's will be on the shopping list! Lol! I don't get up at the same time every day so I don't think charging would work for me. I guess I could set an alarm though. Do you use regular BBT's or would a regular thermometer work?

I don't get up at the same time either , especially now with a 6 month old ! I try take temp at the same time but doesn't always work I used to set alarm ,take temp and go back to sleep. I have use both a regular digital and a bbt . Currently using a normal one as my bbt takes too long to beep the other is done in 10 seconds !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->