38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Yes, the testing is so stressful! I hope I'm able to conceive naturally as well, I just ended up with a dr that fast tracked me into all these tests. I think in the states it's not uncommon for dr's to enjoy billing your insurance for what could be unnecessary. I really hope they're sending me through it because they have my best interest in mind, not taking advantage of a vulnerable girl scared of being unable to conceive.
Good luck to all of you, I'm happy to have a place to stick around and share info until we start getting some BFP's.

Aaaaaack! No peak on my monitor again today. Harrumph.

I'm hoping that I just missed it showing this month due to my inability to get through the night without having to go to the bathroom. My OPKs indicated yesterday as ovulation day. I'm hoping that's right because my husband rolled his eyes at me last last night. He was a good sport though. If my monitor shows peak tomorrow it's going to take all my strength not to smash it.

ah that's weird! Maybe you missed it yeah.. you'll in a couple of days if you get a temp rise. Be strong !! don't smash it ! :grr:
Wanta, I guess your is the kind of doctor that doesn't want to wait and see already if everything is fine with you instead of losing time. Mine told me to try for 6 months and then come back.

ah that's weird! Maybe you missed it yeah.. you'll in a couple of days if you get a temp rise. Be strong !! don't smash it ! :grr:
Wanta, I guess your is the kind of doctor that doesn't want to wait and see already if everything is fine with you instead of losing time. Mine told me to try for 6 months and then come back.

Nope... She likes to scare me. I had a more casual dr that told me I was fine. I booked an apt with the receptionist and said I was ttc because my previous visits weren't really about that and she said I needed to see a ob rather than my gyn in the same practice. When I was 34 my dr was chill, I saw the new one just after I turned 35 and she told me there was no time to wait. I hope she's wrong, but I took her advice and am getting diagnostics with a re just in case. So far so good, but it sure is making me anxious!

Booger - you might just be having a odd cycle or missed your surge. I have read lots of ladies conceiving in the month they just had highs.
wantaminime - I am currently seeing a GP who will be referring me to a gyn soon but he seems to be relaxed. He said stop stressing about your age and as long as you are healthy, it will happen. He said that infertility and miscarriage can happen at any age. I hope he is right.

Good to hear that Nikki. My doctor is chill too, even if it's been since I'm 29 he's telling me "now would be a good time to conceive". But Wanta, I guess it's also good not go forward, you won't lose any time and you'll know if you're fine!

Hi everyone, hope you are all well. I am here and reading just not contributing much as having a really crappy day. Roll on tomorrow.

Tui, sorry you're having a bad day,I hope you'll feel better tomorrow..
I see on your chart you got +opk yesterday, that's good !
baby dust for you !

Thanks lola. Yes I hope my temp goes up tomorrow and I can stop :sex: getting fed up and sore :blush:

Tui, sorry you are having a crap day. Bummer. Is there anything you normally do to make it better? (I tend towards a good run and glass of wine or two)

Lolo, love your avatar! Mmmmmmm, donuts.

Well, I'm calling it - ovulation day was Monday so I'm now officially in the dreaded two week wait. Must keep myself busy and distracted………

Same, a good glass of wine after a bad day !
yay for your O booger ! now you can freak out for 2 week.. we'll be around to help !

Darn AF came yesterday. Boo!
Here's hoping we have some BFPs this month!
On to the next cycle. Trying to keep positive!

Sorry Af got you Jennifer.
Tui how are the temps today?

Sorry for the witch showing up Jennifer :hugs: Good Luck for next cycle.

Me toooo ! only problem, in France they don't have nice doughnuts... every time I come back I jump on them, and cupcakes too!
Could be a good thing to have on a bad day too !
what's up Nikki? anything new?

Was pretty busy today. My son has swimming from school so I volunteered to be a parent helper. Pretty crazy handing 6-7 year olds.

I am 2dpo today and yesterday I had a major headache - probably from the progesterone increase after ovulation :( I hate the tww ( I am always over analyzing every symptom)
Also found out today that my sons friends dad died in a car accident a few days ago. The guy was in his early 30s :(

Oh nikki that's awful, sorry. Far too young, poor little one.

Lola where is home then if not France?

And don't get me started on the thermometer issue! Persevering but temps not making my chart any clearer. Opk negative today so hope I ovulated.

Changed my avatar just for you girls x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->