38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

maybe we do have capacity to love more than we think. Maybe I'm just a cold-hearted b*tch! hahahaha totally kidding! ;)
I still love that your nugget is where it needs to be - grow, little one!

maui - I just peeked at your chart! looks awesome! when are you testing? Also, re: resting DH not to drink during O BD'ing times - I think I read somewhere that the swimmers being released at that time are 90 days old? or were created 90 days earlier? I could be way off on that.

ho hum - I need vacation to start NOW! can you tell? chatty cathy today

Lola!! I love your scan pic! Your baby looks so cute already!!

Wish- yes, those are my fur babies in my picture. They are spoiled for sure. I treat them like real children. They are sure in for a surprise when a baby comes.

Jessie that would have been scary! Glad all is okay!

My temp this morning stayed about the same as yesterday but after 16 days of my CBFM reading High, I finally got a Low today. I am still not convinced that I am pregnant so I am just going to wait to test until AF is late. She is due to arrive on Friday. Also, I have zero symptoms besides the headache remaining from the cold I am getting over. No big deal though if we do not get our Vegas baby. I know it will happen when the time is right.

RE appointment is in the books for 1/19!

also, really having some O pains on my right side today so I think you're on to something, Jess. I also checked CP in the shower and it's about medium height, medium firmness and OPEN. Methinks my OPKs were off a tad.

Wish- when does vacation start for you? I have to work a tad in the morning, then off for Christmas Day. I have a 3 day (14 hrs a day) basketball tournament to cover this weekend (blah!) but I'm going to suck it up because we leave for Maui on on Monday, yahoo!

I'm holding off on testing...I was baking with my mom today and the longer I stood at the stove, the more I started cramping. :nope: feels just like AF is coming. Lately my LP has been 12 days on the dot which makes Christmas, day 12. Nice gift huh? Maybe she'll hold off til Friday.:shrug:

Speaking of mom, we were discussing testing and adoption and she says, "well maybe you just have a retroverted uterus like me and granny." Good to know mom! However, I feel like she didn't have any difficulty conceiving the 4 of us. In her mind, she did have trouble. The difficulty came after I was born...they had me 2 years after getting married. They didn't have my first brother until over 3 years later. 2nd brother less than 2 years later, 3rd and final brother a big ol oops at 5 years after that. She thinks we need to quit trying so hard and just have fun, but it's hard to do that when you feel like you're running out of time. So what do you do different if you have a retroverted uterus? Stand on your head after BD?

Yes, spermies are about 70 days in the making. The alcohol stuff was something I read somewhere. Seems to make sense. Yet it doesn't because drunk people and drug abusers get pregnant all the time. I don't know, maybe mom is right. Quit thinking about it and just get busy. :thumbup::sex::haha:

Wish: your month seems similar to mine now aside from my hsg!!! RE appt (mine was originally scheduled for DEC 19), BD fest, feeling like opks may be off. :thumbup: praying for an amazing start to the new year for you.

Maui: i was told by the ultrasound tech that my uterus is retroverted. She did a transvaginal ultrasound and had to angle the probe so that the tip was toward my back and the part she was holding was tilted toward my head. It was so uncomfortable. does it contribute to fertility issues? I thought it just caused a more uncomfortable pregnancy. The tech said im waking up to pee every night because the uterus is pointing toward my bladder. So lucky you get to go home!!!!! BTw, my mom told me the same thing as yours. She didnt want me to get any of the blood tests or hsg. She said we were putting too much pressure on ourselves.

Jessie- I'm not sure if a retroverted uterus affects fertility or not...? I see it marked on a lot of charts on FF so I assumed it did. Then again it's marked on pregnancy charts and they're pregnant soooo....maybe not! The US you had sounded like a whole lot of no fun. If I have a retroverted uterus I won't be looking forward to THAT!

We are very much looking forward to going back. This will be our first trip back since the big move and I've missed my Maui Ohana tremendously. I also hear the humpbacks have arrived at my favorite beach. I can't wait to dive into the water to hear them sing.

I guess our moms are pretty smart gals. Maybe I should ask her more questions and be more open with her about our trials. There may be some wisdom I haven't tapped into...

Wish- I forgot to address your RE appointment! Hopefully it's your lucky charm and you end up in the bfp club before then.

Hey ladies of this awesome thread....MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE! :xmas9::xmas6::xmas12:

Maui: Oh! i forgot it's whale time back home. My biology class in high school went on a whale watching trip when I was a sophomore. So incredible. I'm sure it's got to be much better on Maui. I take what my mom says with a grain of salt. She had me when she was 24, 3 more children in between and my last sister when she was 38! So she was finishing having her children at the same age that you and I are just starting. I really believe that many of us would get pregnant naturally given enough time. The REs are making a KILLING ($$$). I know so many women a decade or more younger than us who took 1-2 years to get pregnant with their first.

My MIL and her husband are coming in today. We wrapped a cute onesie and are going to surprise her with the news!!! She thinks we went to the RE last Friday so she will be VERY SURPRISED.

Merry Christmas Eve, Ladies! :xmas3:

For those asking about beverages in the TWW, I had already stopped drinking coffee and switched to chai tea when we decided to start trying. I'm not a big alcohol drinker. It's more of a social thing for me. However, the cycle of my BFP, I was drinking more than usual (2-3 nights per week) because there's egg nog in the fridge. I love my egg nog with a shot of Sailor Jerry rum. The Saturday night befor my BFP I had three hard ciders because we were out clubbing with friends.

I also want to remind those who are chasing that BFP to relax. My BFP cycle we were not even thinking about TTC because I was told I have endometriosis and need to see an RE. I was honestly thinking that it wasn't going to happen for us until I got that taken care of. I didn't chart, didn't use OPKs and didn't test until I realized I was late. I guess when you think something is wrong, it's easier to not get so wrapped up in TTC.

Retroverted uterus ladies, I have one. My doctors have always told me it's not a problem. I also have Hashimoto's on top of that and here I sit still pregnant.

I'll admit, though, that I'm making up for not worrying during my last TWW by constantly worrying about MC. I guess because I'm not experiencing any MS whatsoever. I know I should be thankful, but I just keep worrying because of my age. I can't wait for Monday to get here because I have my first doctor's appointment.

Lola, your LO is beautiful!

Sending lots of :dust: to all of you TTC gals!

Merry Christmas Eve, ladies!! I'm pulling out recipes left and right!

maui - holy cow, I got chills reading 'I can't wait to dive into the water and hear them sing' - WOW, I am BEYOND jealous and excited for you!! things NOT said here in New England! We have humpbacks sometimes, sure, but ain't nobody diving into this frigid water! ;)
I hope you're not right about the AF cramps - so many stories of BFPs start off with 'I was having AF cramps but she never came...' - I hope you're one of them! Have a safe trip home and enjoy your vacation!!
Talking with my aunt about things last night (she's more like an older sister) - I knew they had trouble conceiving long ago. They went through IUI and on their very last try, they nailed it. BUT - she had a full-on, 5-day AF!!! She had NO idea she was preg until around week 6/7, she was feeling bad and off so went to the docs. They did every test and were like 'well, the last test is a pregnancy test'. She said 'go ahead but it's not possible' and she WAS!

Jessie - get out! same date, a month apart? DH and I didn't BD last night, but I think we will tonight, just to be safe. Seems he's taking the male form of clomid and he didn't tell me and I think he needs to take it the morning of BD'ing. So when I got home last night and sprung it on him that I thought I was O'ing THEN, he wasn't very complying. I'm not psyched that he's keeping his medication from me, but I'm trying to be understanding that this is all new and maybe embarrassing/tough to talk about. I'll have that conversation soon, though.

Steno - I really am trying to relax and be normal, go about my normal biz. That's why I typically hate temping and OPKs b/c I obsess about them all night. DH got up in the middle of the night last night and in my slumber stupor, I took my temp. It was only midnight!! Slow your roll, sister!

My vacation starts today and I'm off until January 5th! We have a shutdown, so it's forced upon us, but I was ready for it. People at work were starting to get snippy! Everyone needs to go to their corners and breathe.

FF gave me crosshairs today for Sunday, but I'm still curious if O was yesterday. Like you all said - just keep BD'ing and we'll see if we were lucky enough to catch the egg. Our 3rd anniversary is 12/29, I wish it was late enough then to test and see if I could give that as a present!! <3 we'll just have to wait it out until NYE probably. :)

Maui- I hope what the others say about the AF cramping are actually a sign of pregnancy and AF does not come! I'm in the same boat as you. Mine is due day after Christmas.

Jessi- That will be the BEST gift your MIL gets this year! So exciting! I can't wait until I can surprise people with baby news! My hubby and I have been together for about 7.5 years so most of our family has given up on us I think! So it will be a big surprise for our family when it does happen.

Steno- I am so happy for you after hearing about all your potential road blocks with fertility. Thanks for all your advice you give to everyone. It is tough to relax at this age, but it obviously worked for you!

Wish- I would just keep on getting busy so you have all your bases covered. I really hope you get your bfp this time around!!

I hope you all have a great holiday with friends and family! My husband and I are traveling to my parents house today, come back tomorrow evening and then have Christmas with his parents on Friday and his grandparents and aunts and uncles on Saturday. My next post will most likely be about AF paying a visit or a bfp! If it doesn't happen this month, will have to wait to try again until February since my husband will be on a snowmobiling trip while I O in January. I will keep you all updated!

Hi ladies! Thanks for the encouragement about the cramps. I'm allowing a small part of me to hope, but most of me is planning for AF. I get em every month so seems pretty par for the course. I'm watching temps for the drop. I might (said with great hesitation) test tomorrow morning if temps are still up just so I know if I can have a drink or not. I'm scared to because those blank tests are just so disappointing.

Steno- I think you're onto something with about chilling out. If this is not our month, our next round of 'trying' won't be until the weekend we get back from Maui and we're both so busy at that time. I'll keep an eye on temps, but I'm not peeing on any sticks next time. Thank you for the info on retroverted uterus. Good to know.

Jessie- it'll be so fun to surprise your MIL! Very sweet idea. I hope you guys are basking in the glow of what's to come in 2015. What a special time.

Wish- ha! I wouldn't be jumping in the water on the Oregon coast either! Brrrr! That's crazy about your aunt having a full period but still stayed pregnant. How does that happen? Don't worry, just talk to your DH. My husband had some adjusting to do as well and it took him a couple months to warm up to the process and that one or both of us may be broken. We're learning to lighten up a bit (or a lot!)

Kiley- we're cycle buddies! I'm not due until Friday either. By how I was feeling yesterday I figured Christmas would be it. My longest LP was 15 days and that was only once a year ago. Lately they've been 12 days, but have had a couple earlier this year that were 13. One way or another I'll know what's up by this weekend. Sending you :dust:

Um Kiley...you're chart looks pretty dang promising girl! If it were between the two of us, I'd put my money on you!

Hi everyone !! Wow I missed alot ! You guys like to talk lol..... Happy Christmas everyone .
Well my bloods are back and it looks like I have a hyper thyroid :( not good for ttc :( I'm off to the doc on Monday . Ill prob be put on meds to stabilise it and have to prevent for a number of months till it stabilises . :( time is definetly running out for me .

Won't know more till Monday so its pointless worrying till I have all the facts :)

Love to you all . Jess can't wait to hear about the reaction !!!!

Wish, your thyroid should stabilize within a few weeks of being on medication. I have Hashimoto's which is hypothyroid, also not good for TTC if levels are off. I made sure to have mine checked before starting TTC. This issue could be what's been preventing that BFP for you. Best of luck getting it taken care of quickly.

Merry Christmas to all of you!!!

Merry Christmas ladies!

I tested this morning...BFN. Shortly after AF cramps returned. So there's Bailey' in my coffee this morning. We're ok. Lots to be thankful for. Focusing on Maui and family and friends and taking a more relaxed approach next month. Check out my temps though...FLAT. So weird. It's not the battery. I checked every night before bed and it would range from the upper 98's to the mid 99's. My temps did this earlier in my chart too. Very strange month.

Kiley- your chart continues to look amazing. I'm putting all of my leftover hope into you!

I Hope you all had an amazing Christmas!

Sorry about your BFN Maui! Interesting temps though. You haven't had a dip yet so maybe it was just too early to test? I'm still holding out hope for you until I see that dip! I had a fairly large temp dip today. Today is day 28 so I'm assuming AF will be here tomorrow. Been having slight AF cramping on and off since Christmas Eve. But like you, I'm okay not being pregnant this month. Have lots to be thankful for as well. And now that I'm getting to know my body and cycle again, I think I will be prepared once February hits!

Im so ready for Sunday to get here so I can get back into my normal routine of exercise and eating healthy (been slacking since Vegas). Have two more Christmas's to go. I'm so over all the sweets and all the eating already! Why do we have to make social gatherings always about food?! Oh well, I'll at least enjoy good company of family. And I know what to do to get those extra pounds off!

Hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas!

Morning ladies!
I'm sorry Maui and Kiley, no AF just yet so I'm still hoping for you! :)
Jessie - how did the big reveal go?? I can't wait to hear!!
Lola - did you do some revealing as well? Steno?
Left - I'm so sorry about the results. I hope it stabilizes quicker than a few months too so you can get back to TTC. good luck at your appt on Monday. I'll be thinking of you.

Merry Christmas ladies!!!! I hope you all had a great time with family and friends!!!

Lola - your scan looks really cute!!! Always good once that scan is over with. I found i worried less after seeing those pics. now time to enjoy your second trimester!
Kiley - your chart it still looking really good!! FXed Af stays away!!

Jessie - SO glad to hear that the scan went well!! How did the announcement go? I bet your MIL was so happy for you!

Maui - I can imagine you are really looking forward to going back home for a bit!! Always nice to see the old familiar places and faces!! Time catching up with friends and family is always my highlights!!
I would so love to be in that water listening to the whale songs!! I would never consider getting into the Cape Town waters - just way too cold!!! Freeze my toes off never mind anything else!! I used to love going to see the whales in Sept in Cape Town! Especially when they have their babies with them playing in the bay! Its just so special!!

Wish - lets hope that you too will not need that RE appointment!! FXed something really good happens for you too!!

Steno - all the best for your first appointment on Monday!!!

Hope I haven't missed anyone out!
There was just so much to catch up on. I don't seem to get on here as often as I would like to.
Not much to report of here besides that I'm waiting to O. I expect I will O sometime between 2nd and 6th Jan!! So between now and next weekend I'm hoping to get a few BDing sessions in!!
Hope everyone is having a great time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->