38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Hello lovely ladies! I feel like I can stretch and get out of my holiday cave now! :) not that we don't have NYE coming up, but the 'bigger' and heavier lifting ones are over.

mdc & kiley - thank you for the vibes!
mdc - I just use a regular digital thermometer I picked up at Walgreens. I am temping vaginally this time, though - it's more accurate, isn't affected by sleeping with my mouth open or anything and honestly, it's quieter down there when the thing starts beeping!! DH doesn't hear a thing!

jamiemg - temping is tough to get used to, for sure! FF has a lot of instructional guides to help interpret but from what your chart is showing, I'm with left - FF is saying you O'ed on Christmas Eve.

maui - ENJOY your gorgeous vacation and return trip home! post some pics if you want so we can all be jealous! esp any of those whales you will be swimming with! :) I'm such an animal freak, I love nature so much! I think I'm still swooning at the thought of that.

Jessie - how you doing, girl? make it out of the holiday madness unscathed?

all of the girls who got sick - I hope you're feeling better now!

8dpo today, only one solid dip in my charts so far, on 6dpo. I think that's too early to implant so was probably just that - a dip. I did have a horrible sore throat that day and night, with some post-nasal drip (ew, sorry). In googling, I know a sore throat could be a good sign but it's probably supposed to last longer than 36 hrs. And honestly, being around so many more people b/c of the holidays, I'm sure it was more of a germ working itself out. Other than that:
sore bbs
backache right now (just this morning, so could be how I slept)
very minor tweaks and cramps, nothing crazy
very restless sleeps
dreamt I gave birth to 2 sets of twins?!
that. is. it.
Trying to keep my head straight as to the possibilities here - expect a BFN and be pleasantly ecstatic if we happen to get a BFP!

Wish- glad to get an update from you. I'm still sending those good vibes your way! Was this your first month temping vaginally? I may switch to vaginally next cycle. I am pretty sure I am an occasional mouth breather when I sleep and that is why my temps are all over the place.

AF is gone already. CD1 was medium flow for last half of the day, CD2 was medium all day, and then light/spotting on CD3. My short periods are starting to worry me a little though. Last cycle it was a full three days- medium, medium, light. Before BC they were about 5 days long but that was 20 years ago. Could be a sign that my uterine lining is not thick enough. I am guessing that my hormones are not quite back to normal yet after BC. This month I am starting baby aspirin once per day to see if that helps.

yeah, this is my first month temping vaginally - I was a little skeeved out by it at first but it's fine. One tip - make sure you turn it on under the covers! The temp change from outside the covers to under the covers is so huge that it automatically starts to temp the air! so the first 1 or 2 times, it started going off before insertion! :haha:

man, I am never upset at a shorter AF! I hadn't thought of issues with the lining, though. I've had normal and short AFs all year - I wonder what could affect that month to month. It could have just been a fluke thing for you. And like you said, your body is still readjusting itself after so long on BC.

Well, girls, I just got back from my first appointment. The bean measures at exactly seven weeks and my due date is 8/17/15. Everything looked good today. Having blood work drawn tomorrow and return to the doc next week. Only negative thing about the appointment was the "you're at high risk for a Down's syndrome baby" talk that the appointment ended with. Hubby was awesome today, though. He told me on the way home to stop my worrying until there is a reason to worry. He was so excited to see the little bean on the ultrasound and the little heart was beating away pretty strong :)

Sorry for those that AF got.

Maui, please post some pics of your vacay to make us all jealous!!!! I'm a sucker for whales myself.

Sending tons of :dust: your way, Wish!!!

Thanks for the tips wish! And yes it kinda skeeves me out as well!

And I never thought I'd see that day that I would actually WANT longer periods! I guess at least I know I am ovulating! That's half the battle.

Steno, so good to hear your appointment went well!! And your hubby is right, try not to worry until there is something to worry about. Enjoy this amazing time. I am guessing we are all at high risk for a downs baby since we are all over 35? That thought/worry is always at the back of my mind too.

yay, steno!! so glad you had a successful appointment and little StenoBean looks good! :)
I was wondering about that topic (Downs) - no one seems to bring it up on here and I wasn't sure why. If we're all of 'advanced conceiving age', then I'd think more women would be concerned? Are you going to have those advanced tests done to see? I'm already a bundle of nerves about the possibility. I think my DH would be like yours though - don't worry until you have a reason to. Good advice!

so - just for giggles and b/c I think it's a funny 'symptom', I just lifted my shirt in the mirror to see if I could see a veiny chest. Holy CRAP, it is! Whether it's from the progesterone or what, I can see them going from boob to boob and then down the sides to my hips! I never see this. I'm hoping it's a good sign but then again, I keep raising my hopes higher than they need to be!

maybe this will help - things that are not happening:
increased cm
nausea
fatigue
skin breakouts
faint feeling

:) sorry, thanks for putting up with me! trying to stay sane.

Wish - those symptoms could be really good signs, but I think you are right in playing it on the cautious side. Will keep FXed for a BFP this cycle for you!!
I much prefer temping vaginally - so much more accurate! I have been contemplating temoing again but find that I don't know what time to temp as when I'm working I have to wake up at 6:30am. But Friday through to Monday I really don't want to be waking that early. I find that if I wake that early then that's it for me for the day! Really hate having to wake that early in the day. I also hate using the adjustor sites. Still think they aren't as accurate at temping at the same time eveyday.
Kiley - I'm also really worried that short AF is also my problem!
I went from heavy flow on CD1 to medium on CD2 and light to spotting on CD3 with further spotting on CD4.

AFM - just received my order of preseed and softcups!! Bring on O'ing this week!!

sk- I have been researching natural ways to thicken the lining. So far I have read that drinking red raspberry leaf tea and drinking 6oz 100% pomegranate juice on CD 1-13 helps. Red raspberry leaf's primary function is to “tone” your uterus. It does cause it to contract so it’s said that you don’t want to drink it during the second half of your cycle. And 100% pomegranate juice is great for your uterus and some women claim that drinking it every single day helped their uterine lining significantly. Vitamin E also helps. In a study done back in 2010, 25 women were given 600mg of Vitamin E and 18 of them had significant change in their uterine lining.

I think I am going to try adding Vitamin E and the pomegranate juice this month and see what happens. I am not much of a tea drinker so I don't know about the red raspberry leaf. I'll let you know if it helps. But hopefully you will get your BFP and wont need to try any of these!

Yes, we are all at a higher risk for a Down's baby. At 39 the chance is 1 in 137. I am now trying to calm myself with the fact that that is still less than 1%. They gave me several options for screening and testing to do my own research. They said it is up to me what option I go for. So much to think about. Apparently most moms opt for an advanced ultrasound with some DNA specific blood work and take it from there.

Don't know how you girls can temp vaginally. My bbt takes about a minute to go off and I've quite often fallen asleep with it in my mouth (until the loud beeps go off). If I put it downstairs and fell asleep, who knows what would happen. Ouch!

Don't know how you girls can temp vaginally. My bbt takes about a minute to go off and I've quite often fallen asleep with it in my mouth (until the loud beeps go off). If I put it downstairs and fell asleep, who knows what would happen. Ouch!

:rofl:

HAHAHA!! I actually remember reading that someone would just fall asleep with it in and she was ok with that b/c actual temping didn't disturb her sleep that much. I was concerned about the very same thing, tui! fortunately, my thermometer goes off in a few seconds.

Wish, fingers are crossed ! The symptoms you don't have, they appeared later for me, maybe it will be the same for you!
Skweek, and kiley same, fingers crossed !

Steno is right to bright the down syndrome thing up. I did the NT+blood test work done, and I'm waiting for the results. Nt was very small, so I'm hoping it's all good. It's still a very very small chance, like less than 1%, but, yep, enough to worry about !

Tui, any symptoms?

I'm good here, last week in the 1st trimester and the tiniest bump just appeared, still, I look more fat than pregnant... :haha:

morning girls :coffee:

so I'm sure most, if not all, of you will agree that maybe I was going a little nutty yesterday! glad I got out of the house and got some errands run and my mind off of this for a bit.
I am resigning to thinking I'm out now (yes, I know - the roller coaster of emotions) - temp dropped and I was crampy last night. I'm due on either Thurs or Fri so this is right on time. Had an incredibly hot sleep last night too, which is a usual couple-days-before-AF symptom. I took a cheapie test this morning with smu and it was a BFN at 9dpo. I know that's early and I *know* today's dip could be implantation but I'm doubtful.

I'm ok, though - knowing we have the RE appointment coming up in a few weeks is a good thing to look forward to!

lola - thanks for the wishes! I'm so glad you keep checking in! A bump!!! I'm sure it's the sweetest thing! Good luck on the test results, my FX'ed for you!

Not much in the way of symptoms lola. Bit tired, bit hungry, bit moody. No sickness.

Going to see baby in a few hours. Hope little one is still ok. Keep everything crossed for me.

They are ahead so its very early morning there on Wednesday . She will post soon and I'm sure all will be just as it should be :)

I'm now WTT :( diagnosed with post partum thyroiditis . On meds for it which I cannot conceive on as baby will be severely damaged . So now its a waiting game to see how long it takes to stabilise . Its gonna be a journey as they are tricky buggers ! Could be months . I'm still counting my very big blessings though xx and a tiny bit upset as my window ois small enough but now is tiny ! I'm not giving up though I still have bundles of hope :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->