38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Merry Christmas + 1 day!!!!

I guess when you think something is wrong, it's easier to not get so wrapped up in TTC.

Steno: Your words ring so true. I thought with my one blocked tube it would be so hard to get pregnant. Even though we still tried everything possible the month we got pregnant, I definitely was way less obsessed than I had been in the couple months prior. Now every time I go to the bathroom I'm worried I'm going to wipe and see blood. So far so good tho. I've had strange cramping on/off since a week before my BFP. It's really unnerving.

Wish: I'm surprised your hubby didn't tell you about the medication. You're so calm about it- I would be furious. I hope all goes well with the conversation you guys have!

Left: Sorry about the diagnosis. I hope the meds get you back on track.

Maui and Kiley: You're not out for the month, yet!

Hi SK snd Tui!

Things are good here. I've slept so much the last few days. Naps during the day and then 10 hours each night (!!)
We surprised MIL on Christmas Eve with the news (I had to pretend to drink a glass of wine earlier in the night to throw her off!) and we got it all on video! It was pretty fun. My youngest sister gave us the idea. We wrote MIL a letter from "Santa" giving her instructions on how to open the gift. The gist of the letter was that Santa had been delivering gifts and his sleigh had crashed into a mountain side. In the sleigh with him were a couple of stuffed animals. The largest stuffed animal became so hungry that he ate the rest of the stuffed animals.
So when she opened the package there was a large snowman and a small pair of scissors. She opened the back of the snowman (we cut a few stitches out of the fabric) and pulled out a bear. Inside the bear was a stuffed armadillo. Inside the stuffed armadillo was a baby onesie. She screamed and shed a few happy tears.

Well AF showed up this afternoon. :( So here is my newbie dumb question.... I never spot. Just full flow right away. Started around 3 this afternoon. Do I count today as CD1?

Kiley- AF got me too. I don't document it as AF until I need a tampon. I spotted last month, but didn't mark AF until the next day when things became legit. Looks like we're cycle buddies again :)

Aaawww jessie that is such a view reveal!
Kiley and Maui - so sorry to hear AF got you this cycle! At least now you can enjoy a glad of something next week! Celebrations here we come!

Sorry af got you girls. Fingers crossed for next month :hugs:

Jessi what a great idea!! Glad your MIL was surprised and loved it!

Sk- yes, at least I can enjoy some tasty beverages on NYE. :)

Maui- Thanks. That's what I thought. I'll be counting today as CD1. Boo that AF got us but yay that we have a cycle buddy now. :)

Kiley- yeah, mine has been a bit weird today too. I'm usually the same as you...off and running with a full flow. When she started to show today I just grabbed a tampon and went about work, very busy running around all day. I just got home and noticed that nothing super major is happening...dark brown and light brown with a smidge of red. Usually I cramp awfully on day 1, like someone is peeling wall paper off my insides. But today has just been twinges and pokes here and there. I wasn't going to temp tomorrow but I might just to see what's up. Probably just a slow start like last month and I should be thankful because she'll most likely rage tomorrow. Is yours a definite now?

Skweek- I'm looking forward to a beverage or 5! I have plans with my friends Mai and Tai! Lots of celebrations going on while we're on Maui...a wedding, New Years, a 45th anniversary...lots of explaining I'd have to do if I wasn't having an adult beverage!

Jessie- what a great story! Such a creative reveal! I bet your Christmas has been very special.

Left- don't worry, they'll get things fixed and you'll be in the bfp club before you know it. I hope you feel better very soon.

hi girls ! I hope you had a nice time with your family !
Kikey and Mauijaim, sorry Af got you. You'll get it soon.
Jessie, that's cute !
Left and wish, how are you?

I didn't do much to announce, we did video chat my in laws (in the Us) and they cried a little and I told my French family. Then we did a Facebook post and got around 70 likes and 50 comments ! That was nice to see all my friends are happy for us.

I'm here and not going anywhere !! Well we all ended up with a vomiting bug on Christmas Day uck !!! Feeling much better now thankfully . Jess that revel sounds amazing !!!
Tui heading to 9 weeks its flying by !! I never count spotting as cd1 not until flow .

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and still has their feet up xxxx

Hi girls!!
Jessie - that's such a wonderful reveal!! My folks are in NC so I'm very happy for you that you get to do something like that in person!! So special :)
Kiley/Maui - so sorry AF got you!! I asked my doc that specific question and she said cd1 is first day of full flow, and technically only if it comes before noon. And if you note 'spotting' on FF, it doesn't give you cd1 for that.
Left - glad you're sticking with us! :)
Lola, skweek, steno, tui, mdc and everyone else - hi! :wave:

Not much going on here. 6dpo per FF. there was no more BD'ing this past week. Sooooo we'll see what we got. Yesterday was an extremely lazy day, I could have slept on and off all day. Woke up with a sore throat yesterday and today. Good-sized temp drop this morning too. I'm sure all of that means nothing. :)

Maui- AF is definitely full force now. Shortly after posting yesterday I started getting the bad cramping you talked about along with full flow. I ended up counting yesterday as CD1 but still unsure if that's correct or not since it happened later in the day.

Fingers crossed for you wish!! I don't know that I'll ever be able to go by my temps, they seem to be all over the place. The only thing it seems to pinpoint for me is O.

Left - stomach bug on C'day sounds awful!! Hope you are feeling better now.

Maui - oh my, a Mai Tai sounds like a brilliant idea!! I have already been searching for receipes!! Looks like I have a few things to buy before Wednesday!

Kiley - I was rubbish at temping, so gave up on that bit but still use it to take OPK's, CM and BDing. It still gives me O date which is good.

AFM - having a really lazy day here. I really should attempt to tidy the house but have no energy. This cold is really taking its toll on me!

Jessiecat that reveal seems amazing! I can only imagine how you MIL was in shock!

Maui and Kiley sorry about AF and I will join in the NYE cheers. I love hate New Year's but this year seems like a good way to start with positive thinking!

Tui glad things are still going great.

Sk good luck with the BD sessions! Always so weird how BD changed for me when we decided to try. I am still adjusting to the work. ��

Lola glad the reveal went well. Funny how FB is a new way to get the word out and get such a response ��

Left sorry about the bug. Never fun.

Wish, you never know you could be next ��

Steno, good luck with your appointment. I am sure it will go splendidly.

Hello to everyone I may have missed. Since I am still new I am still learning how to keep track of everyone. Lol!

Btw, was basal monitor does everyone use?

Just got back from my sister for Xmas so not much going on with me. I did have a little mini ( ok ...massive) melt down with the DH last night. He may think I am officially a little crazy. LOL �� It all just got to me a little. My sis has a 4 month old and the parents kept not so subtly saying that this was my time to practice for our own baby, and then on Xmas day a friend posted on FB that they were expecting. Add on top of that some wine... And full melt down. It was one of those full on ugly cries, but it was good to get it out. Anyhoo onward and upwards and lots of baby dust/ sticky dust for everyone in 2015!!!

Hi Mdc I totally feel your pain! It seems like everyone around me is getting pregnant so effortlessly. Lots of oops' too. Why can't I have an oops!? The bbt that I use is called Mabis Dmi Healthcare Basal Display Digital Thermometer. I'm sure you can find it at your local pharmacy but I ordered mine on Amazon, $7. It had pretty good reviews. Here is the link Mabis Dmi Healthcare 15-639-000 Basal Display Digital Thermometer, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000O6YCZY/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_PWUNub1H3P5GF

Mdc - I bought my BBT in Boots here in the UK. It came with a file with temp chart paper - not that I've used it much. As I said previously, I'm rubbish at charting for various reasons - I have a 2 year old DD who can't be relied upon to STTN, i wake at different times throughout the week and I get a bit lazy from time to time.

Kiley- me too, full force. Since I still needed to use a tampon yesterday I just marked it as light. If you consider yours yesterday as nothing that really needed containment I would just mark it as spotting. Ugh today is no fun. Only 10.5 more hours of basketball to go! Blah!

I am 29 and my husband and I are trying to conceive. My chart is showing last month....I did not chart daily, but you can see where I have been charting this month and I just do not get out to interpret it. I would really love some assistance from someone who has knowledge about this. I have attached a picture of my chart. Thank you so much.

Attachments

• www.fertilityfriend.com.jpg
    www.fertilityfriend.com.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 9
Was your period only one day or was that the last day of it ?? Looks like you are 4 days past ovulation .

Hi Jamie was Nov 17 the start of your last most recent period? Or did you have one in December and did not chart it? I agree with Left, according to what data is showing I would agree that you ovulated on December 24. I think your chart looks the way it does because it is missing quite a bit of data. Always make sure to chart the first day of your period even if you do not temp every day. It will help with figuring out how long your cycle is and help with figuring out what cycle day you ovulate on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->