38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Hi everyone, sorry haven't been on here much lately. A quick update been trying for 15 cycles now. We applied for public funding for ivf as the cut off age for public funding in NZ is 40. I am 39 so thought we better try and get on the list just in-case.
We received the letter from the assessors yesterday and we don't qualify!! You need a score of 65 or over and we got a 7!! This means we cant even get on the list. We have been refereed back to our doctors so god knows what they can do. Yes we might just fall pregnant soon but we wanted to at least know we were on the waiting list should it not happen. (in nz the list is about two years long).

Anyhow my hubby and I are feeling a little bit shocked, as each month when we havent fallen pregnant we have at least thought well if need be we will get help through ivf.. Now it just feels like we are buying a lotto ticket each week and crossing our fingers..

Not sure what we do next.. Sorry for the big rant wondering if anyone else has had any experiences like this.. I just dont know if i should be worried or thinking its only been 15 months and its too early to worry??

Oh no Left I am sorry to hear that! FX'ed that it does not take long so you can start trying again. Hopefully once this is under control you will be able to get a bfp.

Wish- Don't give up hope yet! But I definitely know the feeling. I did not realize ttc would be such a roller coaster. Hopefully you will get some answers at your RE appointment and the docs will be able to help you.

No heartbeat today. Baby died just after the last scan 2 weeks ago.

Hope no one else has to go through this.

Aww, Tui. I'm literally crying for your loss. Sending hugs your way.

Oh Tui, I am so sorry. No words will make you feel better I know. We're all here for you.

Wish, I hope it goes fast.. I hope you're ok.
Hattie, I knew waiting lists are long, but not being able to be ON the list?! Is it because it's 'only' been 15 months? I'm sure you'll get the Bfp all by your self. Lots of Bd all the time and you'll get it ! ;)

Good morning! I have been lurking around a bunch of TTC forums off and on for the past few months and have been trying to find a group of active and like-minded gals to kibbitz with. I'm also 38 and TTC a my first, and trying not to go nuts in the process. hubby and I got married in July, stopped nuvaring right away, and we're lucky enough to conceive the next month. Regrettably, I mc at about 6-7 weeks (In early Oct.). It was heartbreaking, but now I can at least talk about it without getting weepy. After waiting a month, we started trying again, now in TWW of cycle two (around 6dpo, but a bit in flux because I got a true fever right around when i o'd, so depending on whether I discard that day, FF adjusts)

I went back and read this whole thread for about most of December, and when I just got to the end and saw the news of your loss, Tui, I shuddered for you. I am so very sorry. Be kind to yourself right now. It will help.

So if you all are happy to have another chatter, I'll be glad to join in if you will have me. Here's to a healthy, happy, and parental 2015 for everyone.

left - I'm so sorry for your results. I hope they get this thing whipped into shape quickly. I know how you feel with feeling like your window isn't just closing, it's close to being slammed shut!

tui - no words can express how sorry I am for you. You should not have to keep going through this. Please take care of you, come back to us when you can. I wish I could hug you. :cry:

kiley - thanks, hon! It's kinda weird - it's not hard for me to keep the hope, it's harder for me to maintain reality! So I try to check myself as much as possible. I've always been like this - like if I could just summon the powers of the universe, do what needed to be done, then ANYTHING is possible, right? ugh...excuse me, my unicorn needs some hay... :wacko:

welcome, kpme, and welcome back, hattie! I'm sorry about your loss as well, kp. I haven't had an mc (that I know of or yet) but I imagine it'll do a number on me if I do. Good luck in the new round of TTC. 6dpo - such a boring day! haha

Hattie - FX'ed for a natural conception for you so you can tell the List Judgers to....well...yanno. ;)

afm - I'm pretty sure I'm out. Temp dropped again today and I spotted a bit last night and this morning.

Happy New Year, everyone! Hopes for an even happier new year ahead of us filled with lots of strong BFPs!

Tui- this breaks my heart reading this! I'll be thinking of you, hang in there hun.

Welcome kpme! You will love this group of women. They are all amazing and so encouraging and have lots of great tips. I am fairly new to the group as well. :)

I am on CD6 so not much to report. Had to explain the women's cycle and how everything works to my husband last night haha! He is totally clueless. He said, "just let me know when I need to do my part." :) I can tell he is getting pretty excited/anxious.

Happy new year everyone , this eve it tinted with sadness due to the sad news about Tui baby for me . I wish you all a peaceful happy 2015 filled with love and laughter xxx

Tui: I dont even have words. Big hug over the 'net and from afar.

Left: Don't worry-I'm sure you will be ok. You've already had one baby so your body is prepped for another.

Kiley: I'm glad AF was short. Are you guys gonna wait until February to start TTC again?

Wish: I REALLY wanted this to be your month. 2015 will bring a baby wish. <3

Lola: I still haven't joined the 35 and pregnant forum! I'm waiting until after our ultrasound on Jan 16. I'm almost 8 weeks, but still nervous, ya know? Thankfully my symptoms have stayed pretty consistent (sore boobs, exhausted, middle of the night bathroom calls). I'm almost glad that I haven't seen much yet, except the yolk sac. I know, and I'm sure Tui would agree, that it makes things that much harder if you've seen a heartbeat.

KP: Welcome!

Hattie: I'm sorry you were denied. IVF here in the U.S. can be quite pricey and there's no public assistance for it (we barely even get maternity leave... :growlmad:). What are your other options?

Sorry i've been MIA. I've been the only provider in my clinic and the patients have been coming in non-stop. I also have family still visiting!
I get the next 5 days off tho!! Whew. Totally need it.

Love my B&B gals. Happy New Year to all of you. May it be filled with healthy babies, BFPS, and lots of happiness.

Tui&#128546; my heart aches for you right now! !! So sorry to hear your news! Hope the doctors can offer some advice or course of treatment to prevent this happening again.
Hope everyone else is doing well.
Hope 2015 brings all that you hope and dream of and more.

Am - I'm pretty sure I've o'ed early hours of this morning. So into tww for me.
Will update more later.

Tui, I am so sorry to hear the news. I know words cannot even express how sorry I am.
Left, sorry about the results. Hang in there.

Kpme, I stalked for a while, so you are not the only one. ;)

Hattie, hang in there. I am betting you will get a BFP without them!

kileyjean, I am in the same boat. My periods are super light, and starting to wonder myself. I am not sure if the DH believes that you can only get preggo once a month. Lol!

Hi everyone! Just checking in - boring cd2 here. I'll probably be lurking more over the next couple of weeks than posting, but I'll be checking in to cheer you on! RE appt is on 1/19, which is after I O this month, so I guess we'll go the natural route one more month. :)
Good luck to those about to O and the others in the TWW!! Come on, New Year BFPs!!

Jessie- Glad to hear everything is going well with your pregnancy so far. We are taking this cycle and next cycle off. Looking ahead (as long as I continue to be regular), I am due to O on March 2 and then March 29 (Yay for two chances within the month of March!). So we will be 100% ttc starting February 27 when my fertile window starts. I am totally comfortable with this plan since it will give me a good two months to lose those 8-10 pounds I gained over the summer and get back to my normal weight and healthy eating again.

SK- FX'd for you! Keep us posted.

Wish- Good luck with your RE appointment this month. But I am holding out hope for you that you end up conceiving naturally and wont even need the doctor's help!

Tui- Still thinking of you...

Mdc- I started taking Vitamin E in addition to my prenatal this cycle. Studies have shown that Vitamin E helps thicken the uterine lining.

so speaking of quick AFs.....I'm already down to spotting! that is just 2 days of AF. man, I wish this meant that I was actually pregnant but I did have one heavy day with clots and all so I know I'm not.
anywho - hope all is well with everyone. Tui - thoughts are still with you, dear.

Thanks guys. I'm doing ok, just fed up with my situation.

Waiting for another d&c now, it's on Wednesday.

Wish that like me two days of v light AF ... I know I'm throid obsessed but if it continues worth getting it checked . I just ignored it .

I only have short and light periods and I've had all the tests come back normal. As long as it's regular then short periods are fine, according to doctors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->