38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

No dizziness. I just bought more tests though, so I'll probably test every day now until af shows or I get a positive.

I'm new to the forums. I'm 38, just married, husband's 28. I just recently realized I'm not 25 anymore and I need to work on having babies! :) We have been TTC since september 14, but that was really just not using any bc methods. (I have never been on the pill)
It was maybe around dec/january that I started looking at ovulation calendars online and TTC around those dates. From then until march I was using a lubricant that I found out kills sperm..lol, good job there. so it has only been a few months of TTC using no sperm killer and ovulation calendars. so far nothing. :(

how long should we try before getting tests done, etc. to 'go to the next level'? Ideally i would like to try this way for another 6 months before going there, but i know being 38 'they' don't like to let time pass.
what do you guys think?

Hiya everyone! I just wrote this post but the internet monsters ate it, UGH.

ET went well. 2- 10 cell grade A embies are on board. We'll get updates on how many make it to blast stage so they can freeze them. Most were grade A 10 cell but some, 4 I think, were 8 cell grade A. 2 were 8 cell grade B.

I didn't get OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome). I drank gallons of water, sports drinks and protein shakes. I'm still sore by the ovaries and it hurts to bear down to urinate. Doc said thats was to be expected.

That scrambled eggs post from a while ago was spot on with what ET is like. Link here https://scrambled-eggs.org/2012/02/19/tips-on-surviving-egg-retrieval/

Thanks for all your support. Not testing until dr. appt on 6/16. I don't like the negativity of the BFNs.

Can't believe I'm PUPO!

Hiya everyone! I just wrote this post but the internet monsters ate it, UGH.

ET went well. 2- 10 cell grade A embies are on board. We'll get updates on how many make it to blast stage so they can freeze them. Most were grade A 10 cell but some, 4 I think, were 8 cell grade A. 2 were 8 cell grade B.

I didn't get OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome). I drank gallons of water, sports drinks and protein shakes. I'm still sore by the ovaries and it hurts to bear down to urinate. Doc said thats was to be expected.

That scrambled eggs post from a while ago was spot on with what ET is like. Link here https://scrambled-eggs.org/2012/02/19/tips-on-surviving-egg-retrieval/

Thanks for all your support. Not testing until dr. appt on 6/16. I don't like the negativity of the BFNs.

Can't believe I'm PUPO!

Yay Sugar!!! PUPO! I hope that lots of embies make it to freeze, but I also hope you won't need them for awhile when these embies get cozy in there and stick! I hope the wait until the 16th isn't too bad. I can't wait to hear what happens, fingers crossed for you!

Welcome Mrs.C! I'd give it a few more rounds naturally now that you are really giving it your best. Have you stopped using lubricant altogether or are you using Preseed or Conceive Plus?

:wohoo: sugar!!! PUPOOOOOOOO!!! Congrats!! Your embies were awesome!! Good luck to the leftovers - I hope many make it to blast. But like dandi said, I hope you don't need it. Are you continuing on any meds during the TWW? Oh I'm so happy for you!

welcome, MrsC! I would maybe start tests like blood work and stuff, maybe just for you (or he can get a sperm analysis if you want him to, but he's young). It takes months for things to happen so you can try naturally while you're doing all of those things. I'd just hate for you to start too, too late and then have everything backed up by not yet having your 'baseline' stuff. If you just walked into an RE's office right now, she/he'd order this anyway.
Just my humble opinion! :)

dandi - can't wait for next test results!!! I hope it's a big ole double liner!

Tested again this morning at 11dpo, still a stark white negative. If I'm not pregnant, I can tell this is going to be one doozy of a period with all of this weird cramping I'm having. Ugh.

ugh - well what is a negative one day can turn into a squinter the next. Hang in here! So weird you're having so much cramping so soon before AF is expected.

Goodmorning Ladies,

Pothole- am sorry about AF. Hold your head high, new cycle new beginnings. Hope Femara work for you.

Sugar- Yay, you are PUPO! Am waiting for good news. I also hope and pray so hard you dont have to use any of the left overs. Praying for first time to be a charm situation:)You are so right this is a lucky thread. Luck is coming your way Sugar!

Wish- positive thoughts positive thoughts. You have come far and i believe all will be well the rest of the journey. So glad all this is finally sinking to DH:) are you still
Cramping? Taking any more meds?

Dandi- those are good signs you have there. 11dpo is still early... Fx you deliver the good news soon.

Mdc- hopefully this is the month for you too.....early Ov... Getthat bding in! Think you are getting close to your vacay too...right?.

Mau- having fun on your vacay?

Left- i also like those early morning surprises:) how are you doing in your tww?

Jessica- I live in Lansing about 45-55 min to Chelsea. Will have to check Common grill one of this fine days.
Hows everything going on with you and the young one?

Hi Kiley and anyone else i missed.

Welcome Mrs Charmain- some people go for tests after trying naturally for a couple of cycles and some dont. Guess its up to you. I would do some basic tests just as Wish mentioned and continue trying naturally. Am 38 and i tried naturally for about a yr before i went to have some tests done this March for both DH and i. DH SA was perfect but i have a partially blocked right tube. Wish i had known what i was dealing with earlier. Good luck and hope you dont take long getting your bfp!

7/8 dpo here. Just boring. Nothing new, NADA! Just usual fullness of boobs. Just keeping busy taking a for a couple of classes related to my job and working extra hours to make the tww go fast.

Good luck everybody and lets get more bfp!

thanks, star! not cramping all that much except at night. Boobs still hurt pretty badly, sometimes worse at night. I sleep with a pillow clutched to my chest so when I roll over, my boobs don't move! hahaha
I don't know if I just had my first wave of morning sickness (only 4wks+5, too early?) or if it was just a strong reaction to having Mini-Wheats and tea, but I about just broke into a sweat and was doubled over for a bit. Yikes. Fine, now, though. So weird.
I'm still on crinone (progesterone gel inserts) until week 10. But my numbers were so good on my 2nd beta yesterday that I was able to stop the estradiol patches today. :)

Jessie - how was Boston this weekend? You had a great weekend for it! Besides Sunday when it got all rainy here, but at least Fri and Sat were good.

Welcome Chairman!
Sorry for the double post.

Yes I'm on Crinone until test date. Not sure if I'll be given anything else.

Dandi, sorry for the negativito test, but it is still early. I remember you did not get a faint line until late last time and KPME, who was on here, also did the same.

Ms C, welcome! I was off bc in Jan 2014(took forever for my cycle to regulate), but really just tried to not get too wild around my fertile time until Oct 2014. Then we did textbook timing for four months before I asked my doc for baseline tests and stretched the truth a little and said we had been trying for 6 months. By the time all the tests were done then we were right around the six month mark. I agree with the others it was a personal decision. We now know what is going on, but they say even with 'issues' the majority will get pregnant within a year if timing correctly. Btw, I am 37 and DH is 40. Are you using opks or temping? It took forever to do the temping think but it gives you and idea if you are O'ing more so than opks. Good luck!

Sugar, PUPO!!!! Cannot wait for your tww to fly by with a BFP at the end!

Star, hang in there and glad you are keeping busy. When are you going to test?

Left, how is you 'illegal' tww going?

Wish, sure sounds like a twinge of MS. Don't they say hyperemesis is more common in twins?!

Hi to everyone else!

Despite my early friggin O, so far we have done stellar on the BD schedule and will likely have one more tomorrow to hedge our bets, and finally get then elusive post O BD in. With regular SMEP we are always way to exhausted to even consider it :haha: One good thing with the early O is that there will be no pressure on our vacation! The Thursday night red eye cannot get here soon enough!

Ok ladies, who is the next BFP on this thread :happydance:

I love how everyone is in the TWW right now, or almost there (mdc)!! SO exciting!

glad you're having some awesome BD timing, mdc! How long are you gone for again? I'd be counting down the hours too. Red Eye?? where are you going again? I know somewhere tropical....ahhhhh.......so by the time you get back, Dandi could be preggo, Star could be preggo, Sugar could be soon and maybe even Left, right?

left - how are you doing? when are you going to start poas?

hi to all :wave:

Wish, I am gone for 8 glorious days to St. Thomas, but will likely be stalking to see all the BFPs. Looks like I will test the week after I get back when hubby is in Kentucky for work. Yikes!

Day 2 of Femara 5 mg. I have a follicle scan on 10 June. So far, the Femara has drastically fewer side effects than the Clomid did. It's almost strange not to feel like I'm coming out of my skin after 2 cycles of the crazy.

8 days in St Thomas sounds glorious!! Enjoy every minute of it.

Pothole, that's awesome that the Femera is agreeing with you so well. Sounds like a great way to start off your bfp cycle. ;)

I just had some brownish cm. So optimistically, implantation spotting. Realistically, probably a weird new symptom of an early af, designed to make me crazy with confusion. Who knows! Just gonna keep on testing until she shows and whatever will be will be.

I had a temp drop this morning, so I think af is on the way. Total bummer. I feel like my body is a total stranger lately. All these unusual symptoms for nothing. I hope this is just a weird cycle and doesn't become the norm. Oh well, onward to a fresh chance next cycle. I hope she makes her appearance today so I can start drinking before my flight tomorrow to calm my nerves...Silver linings.

oh wonderful, mdc - have an absolute blast!!

dandi - FX'ed it was IB and your drop was the implantation drop. I'm still holding out hope for ya!! Flight? where are you off to? I'm sorry if you've already said, i have the worst short term memory. :blush:

sugar, star, maui, left - how are you feeling?

left - where's our girl with the daily poas posts??

pothole - so happy that femera is agreeing with you more than clomid! that'll make this journey a bit easier to handle.

We're going to Oklahoma and Texas. DH has family in Ok, so we're going to his grandma's 90th birthday party. We're adding in a day trip to Amarillo just because I've never been to Texas. I'm just dreading the flight. I'm fine with flying, I just have severe claustrophobia and the panic sets in as soon as they shut the door. I've always had Xanax when flying, but I've let my Rx lapse since ttc bc I don't like to take anything and risk it. I'll test again tomorrow just in case, but I'm not too hopeful at this point, so I'll likely be tipsy by 9am, lol.

ah - have fun! I've never been to OK, it's on our list (but not very high :haha:)! there's something to see in each state, we feel.

yep, that's why mimosas and bloody marys were invented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->