38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Thanks for the good wishes, ladies. Left, I don't know if the number can rise. I do know from "Dr. Google" that if I were to get a bfp I would immediately be put on progesterone suppositories in an effort to keep the pregnancy viable. I also know that I need to stop looking things up. I have really depressing mc statistics in my head now.

Ahhhhhhh!!!! :happydance::happydance::headspin::yipee:

Congrats! Way to knock it out of the park on the first round!

Shut the front door! Wish so friggin happy for you! :woohoo: :happydance: :loopy: :woohoo: :happydance: :loopy: :woohoo: :happydance: :loopy: :woohoo: :happydance: :loopy:

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee yipeeeeeeeeeee YIPEEEEEEE YIPEEEEEEEEE YIPEEEEEEE
:yipee:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::bfp::bfp:

Couldn't be happier if I tried !!!! I'm so so happy right now !!! Another one for the graduation thread :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

So I want no I NEED details !! What did you do ? Who said what ? What did oh do ? What next .... OMG SO FRIGGIN EXCITED !!

HAHAHAHAHAAHA you guys kill me! you just brought tears back to my eyes!!!

So she called and I was upstairs in the office while DH was downstairs, so I had put her on speaker and ran downstairs. She goes 'I have good news for youuuu....your pregnancy test is positive!' I immediately welled up and started shaking. DH didn't look away from his computer. She gave more updates, like I'll need to go in for more blood tests, starting Monday morning. My HCG level is 220, they look for 70-100, so that's good. Ummmm...start making sure I stay away from lunch meats, make sure all of my meats are fully cooked, stuff like that. She wasn't too detailed. She also said that my blood drawing nurse I saw this morning was SO excited for me too - they are so great. It was kinda funny, I had to call back to get any details that I missed. She told me something and there was a pause and I go 'oh, yeah - Monday I come in (for blood work)?' and she just laughed, knowing I was so excited.

DH is always so calm, cool and collected, he didn't react much. It's SO MUCH to take in all at once and I know he just thinks this is the first hurdle, now we have to make sure it sticks, is healthy, etc. So I think he'll connect later. Another friend of mine on here just gave me the best advice for how to think about this - I'm going to be the one going through changes, not him. So his life is basically the same right now, but not mine. So to be patient and he'll come around when we get to hear heartbeats and get test results back and such. I fully agree and it was so nice for someone to stop me and point that out.

so for now, I'll just do my own :happydance: and :cloud9: stuff! heehee!!

So exciting! With numbers that high already, twins really could be the cards, eh?! LOL!

YAY Wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooooooo excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still praying for TWO sticky beans! I know its early but HCG level seems to be a good indication of TWO right now!! And yes, please come over to the grad thread. I think I was the last to post in there. We can talk all things babies! Your friend is right. You become a mother at conception, DH becomes a father at birth. He will come around though. I told my hubby that now that we know the sex of the baby he does not have to come to all of my appointments but he still wants to try to make it to them! I think he likes seeing baby on the monitor as much as I do. :)

So excited for you! And as Jessie said, you may continue to get AF like cramping. It is totally normal. I did for a while and then it just turned into stretching ligament pain. And take advantage of these two or three weeks before the main symptoms kick in! And there will be times that you do not feel pregnant. Again totally normal. :)

HAHA, Kiley - that's the first thing I looked up and the first thing I thought when she said levels were that high compared to what they look for. We'll see! I've always said it's the only way i'm getting 2!

thank you for all of that advice - that's been most valuable so far. I have to keep in mind what IS happening to me, just as much ISN'T happening to DH.

eeee.....a little nervous to come over to the grad thread just yet. Let's wait until the scan first? :) I don't want to count my chickens just yet....

btw - I cannot believe you're at 17 weeks ALREADY!!! Oh, and you're a good one to ask - how soon after the BFP did you start to exercise and was there anything that you avoided? I'd like to sign back up for kickboxing, barring having the energy. They have boot camp there too, which is great.

Wish your so right about oh they are like on another planet !!! They are in my experience so disconnected from the experience until baby is here !! All they get is a grumpy , pukey , tired oh for a while oh who also gets a rather large tummy !!! Lol........

I remember feeling so excited like butter flys in my tummy all the time , and I say to oh ,,,, are you not so so excited ,.. He would kinda grunt and say ... Mmm suppose so lol... He did come to all the scans and appointments with me .. Afraid he would miss something but HATED feeling baby move inside my tummy and used to pull his hand away lol......
It FREAKED him out . I had this movie scenario in my head of him talking to my belly ... Rubbing it ect ... Eh no ....... Never happend ! Lol...

Wish- I was exercising normal through out my TWW and just continued on like normal once I got my BFP. I did not change a thing until I hit the 2nd trimester. Anything you were used to doing before, you should be able to safely do now, unless doctor thinks otherwise of course. Now that I am in my 2nd trimester, I no longer do ab work. Diastasis recti makes me nervous. Pregnancy puts so much pressure on the belly that sometimes the muscles in front can’t keep their shape. "Diastasis" means separation. "Recti" refers to your ab muscles called the "rectus abdominis" and if you work them in that state, it is tougher for them to go back to normal after pregnancy. Women over the age of 35 who are pregnant are prone to this. If you can avoid any straining of the abs in the 2nd and 3rd trimester, that would be best. You have better chances of bouncing back quicker after birth. So don't even do planks. Anything indirect from exercise is okay though. A lot of exercises require your abs like squats, but those are okay to do since it is indirect and you are basically using your abs for just balance. Also in the second and third trimester do not do any exercises that requires you to lay flat on your back.

My doctor said I really do not need to change anything as far as heart rate. He said that is a myth about having to keep it below 140. If your body was used to a higher HR before pregnancy, you and baby will be fine during. Cardio is actually really good for you and baby because it helps condition you for birth. Right now my exercise routine is three days intervals on the elliptical alternating with three days ballet barre. I have stopped lifting only because I do not want to exacerbate an on and off issue that I have with my sacroiliac. I just want to stay ahead of the game so I do not have any setbacks exercise-wise and can continue to stay active through out my entire pregnancy.

left - oh, this will be fun to see how DH is. I just have to remember not to be let down by his reactions. :)

kiley - perfect, thank you! I've only been doing barre for the past month but that just expired (holy crap, expensive) so I wanted to go back to kickboxing. I'll just do that on a month to month basis and do what I can. I'm super afraid of that ab muscle thing too. I have a friend who has had 3 kids and I don't think her stomach is going back to normal without surgery. She was in some good shape before they started having kids too. I'm saying all of this before any exhaustion hits too! I want to start running again too - I have a 3 miler in 2 weeks! I have another friend that was running up to 3 weeks before her due date and then did the swim portion of a tri with 2 of us 1 week before! but her doc cleared her and her body was just so used to exercising that it was fine. She has 2 of the biggest baby boys I've ever seen so if anything, it helped!

anyway - I feel like I'm getting ahead of myself here yet I'm trying to be normal too.

going to go hang with Future Daddy and Future Grandpa (who doesn't even know it!)

Wish, I am completely over the moon for you!!!!! And loving that you get to sit there with your little surprise with Grandpa non the wiser yet!

I could not wait to get home and logon because i had a good feeling i'd be reading some good news- WISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG. I don't think i have ever been so thrilled for someone I've never met!!!!! <3 <3

You're going to worry every single day until you see the heartbeat(s) and then you'll worry about the anatomy scan and then you'll worry about carrying to term. We are here to support you each and every step of the way. It's scary and exciting and the most amazing experience to be able to grow your child inside of your body. Like Kiley said, take advantage of the next couple of weeks if you want to continue to exercise, but you gotta remember your body is working overtime, esp if you're carrying twins, so please don't overdo it. I was so exhausted and miserable from 7-12 weeks that i could barely even logon here let alone go for a run or take an exercise class. Listen to your body. I didn't go into the pregnancy forums until after week 10, when we first saw our little boy's hearbeat and saw him squirming around. I am so happy to write this in all caps-YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!!!! :baby::baby:

YEEEEAAAAAA!!!!! I'm so happy for you WiSh! Easily the best news I've heard all week! Yes!

WISH!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! Very happy for you! :happydance::bfp::dance::yipee::wohoo:

I'm sorry DH was so reserved in his reaction. Ugh, men sometimes...I think your friend hit the nail on the head about his reaction. My husband is the same way. Logical while I react on emotion right away. It usually takes him a day or two for the emotion to catch him, then he's crazier than me! It happened when we found our house. I knew right away and wouldn't shut up about it while he remained unconvinced. The next day and days to follow he was all about the house and all the reasons we should buy it.

We are all so stoked for you, just come by here when you need your daily dose of stupid happy. He'll get there. :flower:

aloha Jessie! I will post pics for sure (if I can figure out how to do it on here...). I'm taking my paddle board and I'm hoping to get some good photos of the mountain from the middle of the lake.

Mau that sounds amazing !!! Oh and will you please post some sunshine to Ireland its supposed to be summer here but the sun has gotten lost !!!! Its freezing !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->