4 Awesome Chic's, TTC #1, 30+, cycle #3, Join our Journey!!!

Ok thank you Elpha! DH is doing fine he isnt complaining, I asked him today if he has one last session in him for tonight and he said, sure. I agree, I guess any sperm is better than no sperm. Next month I am sticking to DTD every other day! I want to know whats going on with you but I get confused with all that pcos stuff? So did you actually O this month, and did you guys DTD at the right time?

I get confused with all the PCOS stuff too! :rofl:

I did O this month... but I am not sure what day to 'trust.' LOL Fertility Friend agreed with my OvaCue and said last Wednsday. My OPK indicated last Thursday. Based on my temps, Countdown to Pregnancy is saying Saturday! So... I am not sure which to trust? lol Especially since drinking Saturday (work/liquor trade show, woo hoo) could have very much caused the high temp on Sunday morning. Considering Fertility Friend instantly agreed with OvaCue (along with everything I have read) I am going to go with that. I won't really know until AF comes, and since I am hoping she doesn't....... :shrug:

Did you at least DTD on all three of those days?

Not exactly. :nope: My hubby is all talk... when it comes right down to getting to some :sex: he is too tired from work. He gets up at 2:30am so by the time I get home at 6-6:30, he is half asleep in the chair. Getting him to BD everyday during the week is impossible... even every other day could be tricky. Too bad I can't 'set my ovulation' to weekends only! Like Sunday afternoon.

Everything on Fertility Friend points to Wednesday, even with the OPK being + late Wednesday night. That other site just threw Saturday in to mess with me I am pretty certain. We got BD in on Saturday morning, Sunday morning, and Tuesday night. (Although thanks to Preseed, Saturday morning was a bust... but um, not for him if you know what I mean :blush:) We also got it in on Saturday, so if the other site was right at least we got one round in.

Not feeling super optimistic about this month. I wish I could figure out (and trust) exactly when I am going to O and then I could tell him my 'gameplan.' I didn't tell him this month because I think he gets performance anxiety and cannot 'finish.' So if I knew exactly when it would happen I could start doing things to make sure he was in the mood and awake when I get home. (he likes that whole dirty talk/text thing, but I truly suck at it and feel like a fool) We will see!

Ya I hear ya. my DH wouldnt do it agian this morning, he is done for this month. I love your new profile pic! I feel out this month too, thos dang OPK's!!! it was positive on Saturday at 2pm so we DTD sat, sun, mon, and because i had one stick left I took my last OPK last night (tues) and it was still showing positive? WTH? how could i get a positive Sat and Tues? did i totally miss it this month?

Hey ladies - @sloanpet77 - If you have a positive opk for a few days in a row, your body may be trying to ovulate. Sometimes it just takes a little longer for egg to get out of the gate. (lol - for lack of a better term) In that case, if you ovulated late you b'd all on the correct days. Hopefully you get your bpf.!

@Elphabaa77 - I think my DH has the same problem performing under pressure - which sucks, because we know we should be doing it!!! It is seriously enough to drive me crazy. We used pre-seed this month and it was a "complete bust" for us too one of the times.

Hang in there ladies! Good luck to everyone

Thanks Red! so even if I ovulated as late as today, its still the right bding times? the last time we DTD was Monday night and it was pretty much all water?

yep! Even if you ovulated today. I've read in multiple places that b'ding 3-4 days before puts you in good standing to have a girl and 2 days up to o that you have a greater chance of having a boy. But I wouldn't count on that being exact. The good news is that sperm can last up to 72 hours and being you did it Monday that puts you at 48.

I wouldn't worry about the quality of the sperm either. There are millions on them. They say to b'd every other day if the man has a low sperm count. I would assume everything is working fine and do it whenever and however many times you want.

You still have a chance. Stay positive!

Ya I hear ya. my DH wouldnt do it agian this morning, he is done for this month. I love your new profile pic! I feel out this month too, thos dang OPK's!!! it was positive on Saturday at 2pm so we DTD sat, sun, mon, and because i had one stick left I took my last OPK last night (tues) and it was still showing positive? WTH? how could i get a positive Sat and Tues? did i totally miss it this month?

If you didn't check 'in between' those days... you could have experienced what they call secondary fertility. It means that your body could not successfully ovulate with the first follicle, so it selected a second follicle. Can take 3-5 days after first attempt. That might explain the second positive. Do you chart temps? Sometimes your temps can hint at secondary fertility too. It is nothing to be worried about, it happens to perfectly healthy women on occasion... and then women like me (with PCOS) it is a bit more common. Apparently it can be slightly more common in us 'older folk' as well. The first eggie/follicle just wasn't mature enough so our body had to pick a second.

@Elphabaa77 - I think my DH has the same problem performing under pressure - which sucks, because we know we should be doing it!!! It is seriously enough to drive me crazy. We used pre-seed this month and it was a "complete bust" for us too one of the times.

Hang in there ladies! Good luck to everyone

Yeah... gotta be careful how much preseed you use or things get TOO slippery down there! No friction left and I would imagine it probably feels like throwing a hotdog down a hallway...... :haha: We learned a 'little' preseed goes a LONG way!!!

@Sloan... thanks (about my new profile pic). It is one of my favorites! One of our engagement pictures and we are both sporting our World of Warcraft t-shirts. hahaha We thought, everybody seems to have 'their thing' for engagement pictures. Whether it's dogs, cats, football jerseys... so we bought World of Warcraft shirts with the 'classes' we play on them (Shaman and Warrior). Turned out pretty cute. I also COMPLETELY ruined my dang shirt right AFTER we took the pictures! *sigh* Dang you Buffalo Wild Wings and your tasting Parmesan garlic wings!

haha yes its super cute! I think you are absolutely correct about the egg not coming out because I am having the worst ovulation cramps, ive always had them, I guess its called Mittelschmerz? So were obviously out this month because I think DTD tonight will be too late. How do I deal with this moving forward? Do we just DTD the entire month, every other day? What a waste! I did everything right this month, and bang! of course I ovulate on CD 22 of a 30 day cycle! Does this mean AF will be late too? she is due Oct 5th.

haha yes its super cute! I think you are absolutely correct about the egg not coming out because I am having the worst ovulation cramps, ive always had them, I guess its called Mittelschmerz? So were obviously out this month because I think DTD tonight will be too late. How do I deal with this moving forward? Do we just DTD the entire month, every other day? What a waste! I did everything right this month, and bang! of course I ovulate on CD 22 of a 30 day cycle! Does this mean AF will be late too? she is due Oct 5th.

Typically your post-O phase doesn't change, so if you did O late, AF will probably be late too. At least that is how I understand it.

Don't know what to say about the future, it all sucks trying to figure out the perfect time! I would say take the earliest date you have O'd and start with BD every other day, then when you get a positive BD that day too. Then BD the next day or 2 as well to try to catch the egg on the way out... Sounds like a good effort anyhow? Also sounds like what you are doing. Or at least try to go every other day in that window. Trust me, I totally understand the frustration and I wish my cycle was even just close to predictable! The OvaCue has helped me a ton in just the first month of use, but I know it is expensive and people don't want to pay that much. The extra step to reassure me of ovulation time has been worth it to me. It gives you a window of 5-7 days before you are going to O... and it can confirm secondary fertility/ovulation as well as detect a possible low progesterone problem during post O/luteal phase. Still though, it is pricey!

@Sloan... thanks (about my new profile pic). It is one of my favorites! One of our engagement pictures and we are both sporting our World of Warcraft t-shirts. hahaha We thought, everybody seems to have 'their thing' for engagement pictures. Whether it's dogs, cats, football jerseys... so we bought World of Warcraft shirts with the 'classes' we play on them (Shaman and Warrior). Turned out pretty cute. I also COMPLETELY ruined my dang shirt right AFTER we took the pictures! *sigh* Dang you Buffalo Wild Wings and your tasting Parmesan garlic wings!

Your shirts are so cute! My hubby and are both into gaming too (mostly Xbox tho). Many a date night have consisted of us co-oping on the same game. Such nerds, but whatever, we have fun with it!

Dr house, what kind of doctor are you? I'm a doc too, but the phd kind.

I'm out this week unfortunately :-( my pms intuition last night was spot on. Bah!

elpha love the hotdog down the hallway ha ha ha. So do you do it. World of warcraft that is? Ha ha ha!!!!!!

Yellow Im an emergency room doc. Love the job that I do and also compulsive studier. no phds here but two or three degrees. ha ha ha.

we are day 8 post ov today. I just removed my dodgy temps from last week - I had the flu last Sat and I got cross hairs and a coverline!!!!!!!!1 woop woop

elpha love the hotdog down the hallway ha ha ha. So do you do it. World of warcraft that is? Ha ha ha!!!!!!

Yellow Im an emergency room doc. Love the job that I do and also compulsive studier. no phds here but two or three degrees. ha ha ha.

we are day 8 post ov today. I just removed my dodgy temps from last week - I had the flu last Sat and I got cross hairs and a coverline!!!!!!!!1 woop woop

Yup, I play World of Warcraft. It is really the only game I play. (besides games on my iPhone, do those count? haha) I get too much rage at getting my butt kicked in things like Halo and such, so I don't really play any of the gaming systems. My ex boyfriend and his brother in law would always get a kick out of beating me and would rub it in... so those games lost their fun.

HI everybody!
Sorry, it's been long since I wrote anything. I'm trying to keep myself preoccupied with other things and not to think about ttc. That's why I'm MIA :) it just became to much of an obssession for me and TOO stressfull. I'm sure you'll understand. But I'm reading every post :)

Sloan, I know I'm late to tell you, but my doctor said once you experience ovulation cramps, have sex right then, the egg is releasing in those moments.

I'm just waiting for the AF now, should arrive in a week.

Nice to see you back Mal!

So I am pretty bummed because I was told yesterday by some friends that I have luteral phase defect? And If I am Oing this late the pregancy will not be viable because my uterin wall lining will start to shed before implantation will ever occur? That makes sense because I always have AF every 30 days no matter what, its never been shorter or longer ever. So what does this mean for me? It is CD 23 for me today, AF is in 8 days and I am still having O cramping today? Does this mean I will never achieve a viable pregnancy without assistance? Hubby always said, if we cant do it alone, were not going through all that stuff? This sucks! I just spent 12 days DTD damn it!

So I am pretty bummed because I was told yesterday by some friends that I have luteral phase defect? And If I am Oing this late the pregancy will not be viable because my uterin wall lining will start to shed before implantation will ever occur? That makes sense because I always have AF every 30 days no matter what, its never been shorter or longer ever. So what does this mean for me? It is CD 23 for me today, AF is in 8 days and I am still having O cramping today? Does this mean I will never achieve a viable pregnancy without assistance? Hubby always said, if we cant do it alone, were not going through all that stuff? This sucks! I just spent 12 days DTD damn it!

This is exactly what I think is going on with me! My luteal phase is averaging 11 days but some months it's only 9 days :(. I think the average luteal phase is 14 days. Supposedly 10-16 days is normal but anything less than 12 days makes it difficult for implantation to occur. I just found this thread on here last week about using B complex vitamins to lengthen LP:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-conceive-1/1122333-b-complex.html

I'm going to try B complex next month. I actually had a progesterone test this month at 7 dpo to check whether I have enough to support a pregnancy. Depending on the result I might be heading to a fertility dr. asap :(

This is exactly what I think is going on with me! My luteal phase is averaging 11 days but some months it's only 9 days :(. I think the average luteal phase is 14 days. Supposedly 10-16 days is normal but anything less than 12 days makes it difficult for implantation to occur. I just found this thread on here last week about using B complex vitamins to lengthen LP:

I'm going to try B complex next month. I actually had a progesterone test this month at 7 dpo to check whether I have enough to support a pregnancy. Depending on the result I might be heading to a fertility dr. asap :(

Hi Em :nope:I am going to start vitamin B6, day 1 of AF. Ya this really stinks.

Sloan are you charting? Cramping isn't a super reliable way to pinpoint o, I am always really crampy for several days after I o.

Yeah it really stinks :(. I think B complex is recommended over just B6 because you don't want to throw off the B vitamin balance.

Sloan are you charting? Cramping isn't a super reliable way to pinpoint o, I am always really crampy for several days after I o.

Hi Luna,

no I am not charting because I honestly didnt think I would run into problems or this would take so long? Were only on our 3rd cycle TTC but I guess I should start charting? I dont even know how? will the charting work even if i seem to be ovulating but my body is not releasing the egg for 4-5 days? I thought charting just says when the egg is in the tube not when it bursts out?

Yeah it really stinks :(. I think B complex is recommended over just B6 because you don't want to throw off the B vitamin balance.

Oh really? Ok so when i am looking for it, is it just called "B complex"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->