4 Awesome Chic's, TTC #1, 30+, cycle #3, Join our Journey!!!

Seeking advice from you lovely ladies:

I just moved to a new city and don't have an OBGYN yet. I visited my previous doc January 2012 and had a preconception & annual visit with her. No issues came up then. I'm not due for my next annual until January 2013. I hate getting the annual, so if I can put it off, I'd rather. Would you set up a visit sooner rather than later to get to know the new doc or would you just wait for conception or January 2013, whichever comes first?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Hi Yellow,

I set up a preconception appointment with a Dr, I had never met but was hoping she would be my new OBGYN. The appointment was awful, she basically told me to come back when im actually pregnant. she didnt even give me a pap or anything, she said because I am married and have had normal pap results the past two years that I only need a pap every 3 years now? That doesnt seem right to me! Anyhow I am not going back to her but I am also not going to see an OBGYN until I am actually pregnant. So unless you have a history of some kind I would wait until you get the BFP, they usually wont even see you until you are 10 weeks anyways. :nope:

a pap every 3 years, that's crazy! I get one done every year.

yellow I'm not sure how different things are in America but around here it can be kind of hard to come by a doctor and when you find one you have to go in just for a meet and get to know you kind of appointment, because of that my advice would be to find one now but if it's normal to be treated like Sloan than I'm not sure...

I just moved to a new city and don't have an OBGYN yet. I visited my previous doc January 2012 and had a preconception & annual visit with her. No issues came up then. I'm not due for my next annual until January 2013. I hate getting the annual, so if I can put it off, I'd rather. Would you set up a visit sooner rather than later to get to know the new doc or would you just wait for conception or January 2013, whichever comes first?

Hi Yellow,

I set up a preconception appointment with a Dr, I had never met but was hoping she would be my new OBGYN. The appointment was awful, she basically told me to come back when im actually pregnant. she didnt even give me a pap or anything, she said because I am married and have had normal pap results the past two years that I only need a pap every 3 years now? That doesnt seem right to me! Anyhow I am not going back to her but I am also not going to see an OBGYN until I am actually pregnant. So unless you have a history of some kind I would wait until you get the BFP, they usually wont even see you until you are 10 weeks anyways. :nope:

Yellow- If you had your annual and preconception visit in January, provided your charts are transferred to the new doc, I don't think you would have to go back until January. However, if you have an experience like Sloan and the new doc is wretched and you have to find a new one... you may have your TTC plans pushed back. I don't know about where you are, but it takes time (as a new patient) to get into the OBGYN's around here. I had to wait a month and half to see mine just for my annual. She wants to start fertility tests/aids in January if I am not pregnant, so she advised me to schedule my appointment in November regardless of whether or not I am pregnant so that I can get a January appointment. So, if you are in no real big hurry, you could wait until January, but if you want to get things moving... you may want to schedule a preconception visit with this doctor as well. Different doctors have different 'guidelines' before they help you take the next step.

Sloan- That OBGYN does sound AWFUL! I wouldn't go back to her either! However, what she said about paps is pretty much the norm. My sister only has to go for a pap every 3 years because she has always had normal paps and is in a monogamous relationship. (they aren't married yet, but have lived together over 12 years and have 2 kids) I am a bit different, but may be in the 3-year club now. I had a series of abnormal paps back in 2005-2006 and had to have multiple colposcopies, a LEEP biopsy, and my cervix frozen. I got the all clear in December 2006, but I was supposed to go back every 6 months to keep an eye and make sure the abnormal cells didn't resurface. Shortly after the 'all clear, normal pap' I quit teaching and lost my awesome insurance. I did not even have insurance for almost a year, and when I did get it with my new job, it sucked! So I never went back for another pap and exam until this past June when hubby and I were already TTC. I was TERRIFIED they would tell me I had cancer and not having a pap in 6 years was BAD BAD BAD! I was pleasantly surprised that my pap was still completely normal! :happydance: I actually cried. lol I called for the results because they never called me and I was concerned. Of course, they don't call when it's normal, but I didn't trust it. The nurse that gave me my results said that I probably wouldn't need another one for 3 years now. I will probably ask my OBGYN in January just to be sure.

They said general rule... in your 20's, sexually active, not married (or in very serious relationship) you have one every year. Once you get married and have had not history of abnormal paps, it goes to every 3 years.

Ok thank you Elpha! DH is doing fine he isnt complaining, I asked him today if he has one last session in him for tonight and he said, sure. I agree, I guess any sperm is better than no sperm. Next month I am sticking to DTD every other day! I want to know whats going on with you but I get confused with all that pcos stuff? So did you actually O this month, and did you guys DTD at the right time?

I get confused with all the PCOS stuff too! :rofl:

I did O this month... but I am not sure what day to 'trust.' LOL Fertility Friend agreed with my OvaCue and said last Wednsday. My OPK indicated last Thursday. Based on my temps, Countdown to Pregnancy is saying Saturday! So... I am not sure which to trust? lol Especially since drinking Saturday (work/liquor trade show, woo hoo) could have very much caused the high temp on Sunday morning. Considering Fertility Friend instantly agreed with OvaCue (along with everything I have read) I am going to go with that. I won't really know until AF comes, and since I am hoping she doesn't....... :shrug:

Elpha your chart is looking good!!!!

In Australia it's two yearly smears. Yearly for three years then yearly only is abnormal.

As a good doc .....if you hate your doc....". Get another!

Elpha your chart is looking good!!!!

In Australia it's two yearly smears. Yearly for three years then yearly only is abnormal.

As a good doc .....if you hate your doc....". Get another!

Thanks... I think my chart looks like a bunch of razor-sharp shattered glass edges! Good golly! Things feel much different than last month. Last month I was having so many symptoms which turned out to just be AF symptoms. This month, I am possibly 6 dpo and have had no symptoms other than sugar cravings... but since I am trying to watch my sugar intake I can't really count those cravings. When you can't have a lot of sugar, that is ALL you want! :rofl:

We didn't get much BD in and cannot even be sure we timed it properly. I am pretty much in the mindset that I should just prepare for next cycle and write this one off, but I guess it isn't over until the 'AF' sings! :haha:

Hi Yellow,

Yellow- If you had your annual and preconception visit in January, provided your charts are transferred to the new doc, I don't think you would have to go back until January. However, if you have an experience like Sloan and the new doc is wretched and you have to find a new one... you may have your TTC plans pushed back. I don't know about where you are, but it takes time (as a new patient) to get into the OBGYN's around here. I had to wait a month and half to see mine just for my annual. She wants to start fertility tests/aids in January if I am not pregnant, so she advised me to schedule my appointment in November regardless of whether or not I am pregnant so that I can get a January appointment. So, if you are in no real big hurry, you could wait until January, but if you want to get things moving... you may want to schedule a preconception visit with this doctor as well. Different doctors have different 'guidelines' before they help you take the next step.

Sloan- That OBGYN does sound AWFUL! I wouldn't go back to her either! However, what she said about paps is pretty much the norm. My sister only has to go for a pap every 3 years because she has always had normal paps and is in a monogamous relationship. (they aren't married yet, but have lived together over 12 years and have 2 kids) I am a bit different, but may be in the 3-year club now. I had a series of abnormal paps back in 2005-2006 and had to have multiple colposcopies, a LEEP biopsy, and my cervix frozen. I got the all clear in December 2006, but I was supposed to go back every 6 months to keep an eye and make sure the abnormal cells didn't resurface. Shortly after the 'all clear, normal pap' I quit teaching and lost my awesome insurance. I did not even have insurance for almost a year, and when I did get it with my new job, it sucked! So I never went back for another pap and exam until this past June when hubby and I were already TTC. I was TERRIFIED they would tell me I had cancer and not having a pap in 6 years was BAD BAD BAD! I was pleasantly surprised that my pap was still completely normal! :happydance: I actually cried. lol I called for the results because they never called me and I was concerned. Of course, they don't call when it's normal, but I didn't trust it. The nurse that gave me my results said that I probably wouldn't need another one for 3 years now. I will probably ask my OBGYN in January just to be sure.

They said general rule... in your 20's, sexually active, not married (or in very serious relationship) you have one every year. Once you get married and have had not history of abnormal paps, it goes to every 3 years.

ya thats what this Dr. said and I confirnmed it with my normal gyno. This new lady also said no was no need for blood work or genetic testing since there is no history in mine or hubby's background. Who knows, I guess california is different? As long as they are on the ball when I do have my bfp! One good thing is, I only have to pay $15 dollars total and that covers my entire pregnancy and delivery, including sonograhms. I am 2 DPO today so we shall see, not feeling very confident though.

Ok thank you Elpha! DH is doing fine he isnt complaining, I asked him today if he has one last session in him for tonight and he said, sure. I agree, I guess any sperm is better than no sperm. Next month I am sticking to DTD every other day! I want to know whats going on with you but I get confused with all that pcos stuff? So did you actually O this month, and did you guys DTD at the right time?

I did O this month... but I am not sure what day to 'trust.' LOL Fertility Friend agreed with my OvaCue and said last Wednsday. My OPK indicated last Thursday. Based on my temps, Countdown to Pregnancy is saying Saturday! So... I am not sure which to trust? lol Especially since drinking Saturday (work/liquor trade show, woo hoo) could have very much caused the high temp on Sunday morning. Considering Fertility Friend instantly agreed with OvaCue (along with everything I have read) I am going to go with that. I won't really know until AF comes, and since I am hoping she doesn't....... :shrug:

Did you at least DTD on all three of those days?

Thanks all! I'm leaning toward waiting to set up an appt. I guess no need to pay the co-pay fee just to say hello to someone.

I think af is coming for me (she's due on Thursday). I'm having super pms... Aka husband is hiding in the spare bedroom playing Xbox and we had to order in Thai delivery! Hehe!

Hi ladies,
I hope I can join you. Really wished I found you earlier I have been reading the thread and its fab. I am 32 DB is 30 and have been TCC since January started opk in march I get amazon cheapy's they work great. On month 9 as missed a month when I was away on my fertile days which I like to call freak week lol...
Anyway I am 14dpo we only bd 4 days before and the day of ov as DB was too tiried a couple of times ahhhhhhhh. So not overly hopeful.
I did want to share that I started acupunture cd7 for the first time this cycle and if nothing else it has really relaxed me. I also have herb teas each day. It definitely made a different around my ov there was more fertile c/m and breast were extra tender. I have regular cycles 28 to 31 days ish and hormone levels checked out normal.
I am due AF today and I am a big none tester unless late I will wait to 18dpo if I can resist.
DB did a sperm test but the lab messed up his results and he has not done it again yet. Hoping for a bfp so he does not have to. Lots of baby dust to all!!

welcome lotus womb!!! Great to meet you.

I haven't used acupuncture yet... how does it work? Have you got a regular ovulation pattern?

We have been trying for four months. Everyone I know is pregnant or just had the baby!!

We are hopeful that this will happen soon, but the waiting the waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well research shows great results. Women who get ivf find it helps. Also can help you to ovulate if you have delayed ov or no ov. I temp also and def ov around cd16/17 ov cd13 in June as a on off I think. This month I ov cd 15 so no much earlier. They is a really good link on another thread. I will get it so you can have a read. At this point I thought worth a try. On average can take up to 3 months of treatments to see results.

Hey lotus we've been trying since January too, hope the :witch: stays away for you :)

Oh and btw to my other due on the 27th ladies she arrived 2 days early for me so I'm onto cycle 11 :(

ya thats what this Dr. said and I confirnmed it with my normal gyno. This new lady also said no was no need for blood work or genetic testing since there is no history in mine or hubby's background. Who knows, I guess california is different? As long as they are on the ball when I do have my bfp! One good thing is, I only have to pay $15 dollars total and that covers my entire pregnancy and delivery, including sonograhms. I am 2 DPO today so we shall see, not feeling very confident though.

$15??? Dang you have some awesome insurance!!! Mine will be $3,000! That is the deductible I have to cover before it pays, but when it pays it is pretty much 100%. Just gotta get past the ridiculous deductible!

Not exactly. :nope: My hubby is all talk... when it comes right down to getting to some :sex: he is too tired from work. He gets up at 2:30am so by the time I get home at 6-6:30, he is half asleep in the chair. Getting him to BD everyday during the week is impossible... even every other day could be tricky. Too bad I can't 'set my ovulation' to weekends only! Like Sunday afternoon.

Everything on Fertility Friend points to Wednesday, even with the OPK being + late Wednesday night. That other site just threw Saturday in to mess with me I am pretty certain. We got BD in on Saturday morning, Sunday morning, and Tuesday night. (Although thanks to Preseed, Saturday morning was a bust... but um, not for him if you know what I mean :blush:) We also got it in on Saturday, so if the other site was right at least we got one round in.

Not feeling super optimistic about this month. I wish I could figure out (and trust) exactly when I am going to O and then I could tell him my 'gameplan.' I didn't tell him this month because I think he gets performance anxiety and cannot 'finish.' So if I knew exactly when it would happen I could start doing things to make sure he was in the mood and awake when I get home. (he likes that whole dirty talk/text thing, but I truly suck at it and feel like a fool) We will see!

Welcome LotusWomb! My husband is DREADING a sperm test! We actually bought an at home kit that tests count just to see what we could find out at home. He really doesn't want to go to doctor's office or a lab to 'do that' as he puts it. The at home kit was not very easy for us (or shall I say ME, he had the easy part!!!) to do. It showed that his count should be fine, but I question the accuracy because I really had trouble with the test. If we don't get pregnant by January, I think he is going to have to face his fear. I keep telling him that 'his end of things' is MUCH easier than what I will have to go through and I am certain it feels a TON better than mine will! :haha:

We have been TTC since late April after our wedding. Before that we were not trying, not preventing. I have PCOS and a history of longer cycles, but they are finally starting to shorten thanks to a new supplement! :happydance: AF is due next week and that will end cycle 4 of trying (in 5 months). I think we are good for hopefully 3 more cycles of trying before the fertility testing/treatment... if my cycles stay around the 34 day mark that this cycle should be.

Now if only I could lose some weight... I was doing good with an exercise plan, but last week's Piloxing and Zumba on back to back nights may have left me with a torn LCL in my knee. *sigh*

Hi ladies,
I hope I can join you. Really wished I found you earlier I have been reading the thread and its fab. I am 32 DB is 30 and have been TCC since January started opk in march I get amazon cheapy's they work great. On month 9 as missed a month when I was away on my fertile days which I like to call freak week lol...
Anyway I am 14dpo we only bd 4 days before and the day of ov as DB was too tiried a couple of times ahhhhhhhh. So not overly hopeful.
I did want to share that I started acupunture cd7 for the first time this cycle and if nothing else it has really relaxed me. I also have herb teas each day. It definitely made a different around my ov there was more fertile c/m and breast were extra tender. I have regular cycles 28 to 31 days ish and hormone levels checked out normal.
I am due AF today and I am a big none tester unless late I will wait to 18dpo if I can resist.
DB did a sperm test but the lab messed up his results and he has not done it again yet. Hoping for a bfp so he does not have to. Lots of baby dust to all!!

Welcome Lotus Womb! I've been thinking about acupuncture too. One of my good friends did it during her IVF and swears by it.

Welcome LotusWomb! My husband is DREADING a sperm test! We actually bought an at home kit that tests count just to see what we could find out at home. He really doesn't want to go to doctor's office or a lab to 'do that' as he puts it. The at home kit was not very easy for us (or shall I say ME, he had the easy part!!!) to do. It showed that his count should be fine, but I question the accuracy because I really had trouble with the test. If we don't get pregnant by January, I think he is going to have to face his fear. I keep telling him that 'his end of things' is MUCH easier than what I will have to go through and I am certain it feels a TON better than mine will! :haha:

We have been TTC since late April after our wedding. Before that we were not trying, not preventing. I have PCOS and a history of longer cycles, but they are finally starting to shorten thanks to a new supplement! :happydance: AF is due next week and that will end cycle 4 of trying (in 5 months). I think we are good for hopefully 3 more cycles of trying before the fertility testing/treatment... if my cycles stay around the 34 day mark that this cycle should be.

Now if only I could lose some weight... I was doing good with an exercise plan, but last week's Piloxing and Zumba on back to back nights may have left me with a torn LCL in my knee. *sigh*

I've been asking my DH to make an appointment for a sperm analysis and he is really dragging his feet. Totally agree, what they have to do is so much easier than what we will have to go through for fertility testing!!

Hey lotus we've been trying since January too, hope the :witch: stays away for you :)

Oh and btw to my other due on the 27th ladies she arrived 2 days early for me so I'm onto cycle 11 :(

Sorry about AF :(. Pretty sure I'm out this month too. I POAS this morning 10dpo and BFN. I'm starting to break out which is pointing toward AF appearing soon.

Not exactly. :nope: My hubby is all talk... when it comes right down to getting to some :sex: he is too tired from work. He gets up at 2:30am so by the time I get home at 6-6:30, he is half asleep in the chair. Getting him to BD everyday during the week is impossible... even every other day could be tricky. Too bad I can't 'set my ovulation' to weekends only! Like Sunday afternoon.

Everything on Fertility Friend points to Wednesday, even with the OPK being + late Wednesday night. That other site just threw Saturday in to mess with me I am pretty certain. We got BD in on Saturday morning, Sunday morning, and Tuesday night. (Although thanks to Preseed, Saturday morning was a bust... but um, not for him if you know what I mean :blush:) We also got it in on Saturday, so if the other site was right at least we got one round in.

Not feeling super optimistic about this month. I wish I could figure out (and trust) exactly when I am going to O and then I could tell him my 'gameplan.' I didn't tell him this month because I think he gets performance anxiety and cannot 'finish.' So if I knew exactly when it would happen I could start doing things to make sure he was in the mood and awake when I get home. (he likes that whole dirty talk/text thing, but I truly suck at it and feel like a fool) We will see!

Ya I hear ya. my DH wouldnt do it agian this morning, he is done for this month. I love your new profile pic! I feel out this month too, thos dang OPK's!!! it was positive on Saturday at 2pm so we DTD sat, sun, mon, and because i had one stick left I took my last OPK last night (tues) and it was still showing positive? WTH? how could i get a positive Sat and Tues? did i totally miss it this month?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->