4 month old wont sleep during night in cot

29july09

Reaction score
lexie wont settle into a proper sleep, i put her in the cot either awake or asleep and she settles for a short time but recently she wont go more than half an hour or max hour without stirring. most of the time i can just put her dummy in and she will go off again but its getting really draining. It all seems to be around the fact she wants to sleep in our bed because as soon as i put her in with us she goes off. i am worried about her being in with us though in case of the risk of SIDS but also because i wonder how will i get her into her own cot if she gets used to this.
I have tried putting my dressing gown under her to get my scent, this doesnt work nor does having her cot next to our bed
please help, any advice appreciated
very tired mummy
Sarah
thank you

Sorry havent got much advice but wanted to give u big hugs, it must be tough. Hopefully someone else can give u things to try x

My LO was like this for aggges!!
Has she always slept in her cot?? (well is that where she's always been!?)
Jacob had a moses basket and wouldn't move to his cot, so he slept in the moses basket in the cot for a while!
He also prefers sleeping in my bed to his own though...so quite often I put him in my bed to get him off to sleep, and then move him!
When you give her her dummy does she carry on sleeping or wake up again?
Sorry for all the qs lol....but where does she sleep in the day?
Sorry not much advice but I just found that we had to persevere with it, and eventually it'll work! We still have rough nights, but he's definitely getting better with his cot!

Babies sleep in approx 45min cycles. If u don't do anything does she always wake up properly? G stirs but I just listen and leave him - usually he doesn't wake up properly, sometimes he shouts a couple of times and very occassionally chatters away. He is usually back to proper sleep with a minute or two; if he shouts more than once or twice & he sounds upset or cries then I go in to help him resettle.

My LO was like this for aggges!!
Has she always slept in her cot?? (well is that where she's always been!?)
Jacob had a moses basket and wouldn't move to his cot, so he slept in the moses basket in the cot for a while!
He also prefers sleeping in my bed to his own though...so quite often I put him in my bed to get him off to sleep, and then move him!
When you give her her dummy does she carry on sleeping or wake up again?
Sorry for all the qs lol....but where does she sleep in the day?
Sorry not much advice but I just found that we had to persevere with it, and eventually it'll work! We still have rough nights, but he's definitely getting better with his cot!

thanks for your reply
I have tried to put her in her cot since she was about 10 weeks old because she was hitting the sides of her moses basket and that kept waking her. I always try to get her to sleep in our bed then move her but the minute she gets in the cot she starts stirring then wakes up. If i give her her dummy she sleeps for about ten mins then wakes again. She sleeps on the sofa in the day. I am thinking maybe cot all the time inc naps in day??

Babies sleep in approx 45min cycles. If u don't do anything does she always wake up properly? G stirs but I just listen and leave him - usually he doesn't wake up properly, sometimes he shouts a couple of times and very occassionally chatters away. He is usually back to proper sleep with a minute or two; if he shouts more than once or twice & he sounds upset or cries then I go in to help him resettle.

Yeah she always shouts till i go in and if i leave her she gets upset. I have been bad to jumping up the minute she stirs in the past though so think i made a rod for my own back lol

It's so difficult knowing what to do - G is ok at night but hard to get to have day naps. He very rarely goes longer than 40 min no matter what I do and it can be difficult to get him down. He goes down better inhis cot for day naps but coz I get him up when he wakes after naps I found he started to get worse overnight.

Now we have day naps either on the move (pram or sling or very occ carseat) or we have a specific blanket set up in a quiet place upstairs; it seems to help so far.

Just a thought - how long has it been happening? G had a really restless night and I worked out by fluke that it was teething; it took a friend ages to figure but both bubs responded well to teething gel

for some reason morgans started doing this !! he wont go down in his cot yet he will when ive got him to sleep and put him in the cot(ifi get that far without waking him :? ) sry ur going thro this xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->