40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

So Sorry pussycat : (

are u calling it quits altogether now?

If so, I can only imagine the pain that it must be causing you. It's wot we all fear really. Lots of love to you x

Oh Pussycat, I am so sorry!! We all know your pain :(. Is it "game over" for this cycle or do you need to take a break? Either way I hope you feel better in a few days.

Thanks for your kind words ladies, even though you know what the result will be there's always that little part of you that somehow clings to the hope that you're wrong.
It's game over for me having a child that's genetically mine. Basically I've had 4 failed IUI and 2 failed ICSI and a diminished ovarian reserve, as we're self funded we've spent a lot of money with nothing but tears to show for it. I'd like to try donor eggs, buty other half isn't keen as he thinks it causes me too much pain each time we fail. I think men find it hard to understand the deep routed need to physically carry a child. We'll have our follow up consult and see what they say our chances of success are with donor eggs and BF ways to start looking into adoption. Right now it's all a little too raw to think about. x

Thanks for your kind words ladies, even though you know what the result will be there's always that little part of you that somehow clings to the hope that you're wrong.
It's game over for me having a child that's genetically mine. Basically I've had 4 failed IUI and 2 failed ICSI and a diminished ovarian reserve, as we're self funded we've spent a lot of money with nothing but tears to show for it. I'd like to try donor eggs, buty other half isn't keen as he thinks it causes me too much pain each time we fail. I think men find it hard to understand the deep routed need to physically carry a child. We'll have our follow up consult and see what they say our chances of success are with donor eggs and BF ways to start looking into adoption. Right now it's all a little too raw to think about. x

Oh Pussycat - so sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how you feel. See your consultant and give yourself some time. It is so stressful all of this but when you want a baba so badly - you just have no choice.I wish I could say more to make you feel better but I totally feel your hurt and pain. xxx

Soooooo - the scores on the doors for me are EC on Monday!! Feel a bit sick with nerves!! The nurse said my Rock Group of Follies are looking great - just wished they gave an indication of the number and maturity of eggs!

So trigger tomorrow - Lordy Lordy:wacko:

xxx

Emmi, that's wonderful!! I hope this is it!!

Pussycat, good luck with the donor egg journey! I hope you'll stick around and share it with us. We care about you!

AFM, got my period this morning. Out yet again. Hopefully I won't have cysts again and can finally go back to doing IUI.

On a positive note...I'm still at a solid :), finally got a "yes +" on the other test and the generic, CVS was darker than control. Today/Tonight whenever is our big chance. The only thing I feel different is that I am sooooooo congested and am supposed to run a 5K tomorrow. I think I might use the neti pot too see if that will help. I hate this feeling!!!
Loving the no humidity though.

Bash, go for it and fx this is your month!
Kat, so sorry you're out this month. It simply isn't fair, we want this so bad.
Emmi, fantastic news! Best of luck on Monday, hope they get as many of those little eggs as possible.
AFM yesterday was pretty devistating and I'm not sure how I stumbled through it. I'm just so exhausted physically and mentally. Just been reading through another thread on ladies who have used DE, and it's so positive. I have my follow up on Wed and BF is coming round to my thinking. Also had a big chat with a friend last night who's in the process of adoption. One way or another I will be a mum, I just can't see of a life without that. xx

Bash, go for it and fx this is your month!
Kat, so sorry you're out this month. It simply isn't fair, we want this so bad.
Emmi, fantastic news! Best of luck on Monday, hope they get as many of those little eggs as possible.
AFM yesterday was pretty devistating and I'm not sure how I stumbled through it. I'm just so exhausted physically and mentally. Just been reading through another thread on ladies who have used DE, and it's so positive. I have my follow up on Wed and BF is coming round to my thinking. Also had a big chat with a friend last night who's in the process of adoption. One way or another I will be a mum, I just can't see of a life without that. xx

And that's it Pussycat - one way or another - you will be a mum! There are so many avenues and I know it's exhausting ( I have a friend going through adoption and also a friend going through with a sperm donor) but the end product is was will keep you going.

Take care.

xxx

Pussycat, good luck with the donor egg journey! I hope you'll stick around and share it with us. We care about you!

AFM, got my period this morning. Out yet again. Hopefully I won't have cysts again and can finally go back to doing IUI.

Hi Kat, sorry to here about AF showing up. I know it's disappointing. Just saw your post and wanted to send you some hugs:hugs: such a roller coaster, but you're not alone!

Soooooo - the scores on the doors for me are EC on Monday!! Feel a bit sick with nerves!! The nurse said my Rock Group of Follies are looking great - just wished they gave an indication of the number and maturity of eggs!

So trigger tomorrow - Lordy Lordy:wacko:

xxx

Emmi, that is such good news. i'm very excited for you. keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and wishing you the best!! :thumbup:

Hi Kat, sorry to here about AF showing up. I know it's disappointing. Just saw your post and wanted to send you some hugs:hugs: such a roller coaster, but you're not alone!

Thank you! Yes, even though I've been through it a dozen times, it IS hard.

So as you know, I got my period over the weekend when the FS office is closed. I just heard back, and course they have no appts available this morning, so I have to wait until tomorrow. Grrrrr! Dying to know if I have a cyst!

I ALWYAS get my period on a weekend, and my stupid follicles keep maturing on a weekend. The office is only half staff on Saturday (so no lab) and closed on Sunday. Can't my body EVER do it's thing on a Tuesday or Wed??

So IF I don't have a cyst in my ovaries this time, we'll do the Femara/IUI again. And at home we'll do the artificial insemination to boost our chances.

So as you know, I got my period over the weekend when the FS office is closed. I just heard back, and course they have no appts available this morning, so I have to wait until tomorrow. Grrrrr! Dying to know if I have a cyst!

I ALWYAS get my period on a weekend, and my stupid follicles keep maturing on a weekend. The office is only half staff on Saturday (so no lab) and closed on Sunday. Can't my body EVER do it's thing on a Tuesday or Wed??

So IF I don't have a cyst in my ovaries this time, we'll do the Femara/IUI again. And at home we'll do the artificial insemination to boost our chances.

Kat, i'm just asking and maybe i don't fully understand but would it be to your advantage to wait to AF is over in the event it takes the whole process to flush it out???

Jen, not in my case. The cyst I had last cycle dissipated 2 weeks ago. If I have a new one, it won't be gone until around ovulation. I have to take the Femara from cd 3-7, so I can't wait two weeks to start. Hope that makes sense now!

Emmi,how did EC go? Can't wait to hear how you get on! Guess you should also find out today how many fertilise?
Kat, really hope you haven't another cyst, hope the appointment brings good news today. I really don't get fertility clinics that close on the weekend, it's not like our bodies do!
How's everyone else doing?
AFM, still waiting for AF to show, taken 2 negative tests and stopped the cyclogest on Sat so she should show up today. Then appointment at the clinic tomorrow. x

Kat, good luck with the cyst! got fingers & toes crossed for you!

Emmi, how r u? Am hanging out to hear how ur EC went! And r u doing a 3 or 5 day transfer?

Hello Everyone - hope you are all okay! Have been a bit pie in the sky after EC - it all happens so quickly after what seems like ages of waiting!!!!!!:wacko:

I just had my call this morning after EC - I thought I was going to be sick on the phone as I was just fearing the worst!!!! They take so long to get to the nitty gritty - Lordy!

All 14 eggs were mature and 6 have fertilized!!! So happy and now so nervous again as ET tomorrow afternoon...... So Juniper - 2 day transfer with the embryoscope!

Am praying this works as it really is our one real chance of having a family.......

But onwards and upwards.

xxxx

Emmi, that's such a good number! You must be thrilled. How many will they put back and will you see if they can freeze any others that keep growing? So transfer tomorrow? So excited for you!

Thank you Pussycat - am praying so hard at the moment!

Will see how my little embies are tomorrow - hopefully all will still be doing well so we can freeze at least one. We are thinking about putting 2 back but we'll see the consultant says.

How are you doing Honey - I can imagine that you have some really crappy days but we as want to be mums have to exhaust everything before we ever think about giving up.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"