46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Bee- I distinctly remember funny smelling urine when I was newly pregnant, I think it smelt a little acidic, I even wrote it down in my diary back then! I say keep the hope until proven otherwise!

Smille- I'm there with you, every cycle is a new hope when you first start trying but eventually you'll just think "it'll be negative". I'm starting to lose hope as sad as that sounds.

I was watching this girl on YouTube who has been trying for a few years, and she tested one month and got a BFP, she was like "I've never seen a second line on these before!" got me so emotional.

Bee & Smille - i had the same thought process. always symptoms, but no bfp... it WILL come. I did want to mention tho, a couple things that stood out leading up to my bfp that wasn't really there for other cycles & kicked in pretty early on (like a few days after O), was stomach issues. i was having trouble eating... like if i ate even a small bit, i'd feel horribly bloated & i sort of lost all interest in food, like nothing really sounded good. i also had a hard time sleeping, i could fall asleep but i'd wake up a ton and have a hard time going back to sleep. i also cramped from early on up until like 6-7 weeks.

i guess what i'm getting at is, while the hopelessness is completely understandable, things sound promising. everything crossed for you two. i want nothing more for christmas then to see you both get your bfps.

I was cleaning off my bathroom counter and moved stuff around and found an opk from 3 days ago....it was positive wtf. I took it and must've forgotten about it. It was negative b4 it dried so I didn't think anything of it. I am so lost. I haven't had any fertile cm since I o'd 9 days ago and nothing else to support ovulation. I've read it's normal to get another positive in the middle of your lp, but dr google isn't alwaya reliable. I feel broken.

I was cleaning off my bathroom counter and moved stuff around and found an opk from 3 days ago....it was positive wtf. I took it and must've forgotten about it. It was negative b4 it dried so I didn't think anything of it. I am so lost. I haven't had any fertile cm since I o'd 9 days ago and nothing else to support ovulation. I've read it's normal to get another positive in the middle of your lp, but dr google isn't alwaya reliable. I feel broken.

Smile- I've gotten positive OPKS in my TWW! Twice it happened that I actually noticed, I even thought I must be pregnant cause I heard you can get positive OPKS if you're pregnant before a HPT! You're not broken.

Smile- I've gotten positive OPKS in my TWW! Twice it happened that I actually noticed, I even thought I must be pregnant cause I heard you can get positive OPKS if you're pregnant before a HPT! You're not broken.

Omg thank goodness someone else experienced this. I shouldn't have been testing past O in the first place :dohh:. Thank you for giving me peace of mind. It just didn't make any sense.

hi ladies!

lauren - you are in good hands now with the docs. Could just be a little tweaking of something or other to do the trick! How long have you been TTC?

TTC Since January of this year.

The package of my OPK says not to read the results after 5 minutes - that they will often, after 5 minutes, show a false positive. So whatever the reading was at the time you tested is accurate. Having said that, if it was positive after your ovulation date, you could be pregnant! My friend who is due next month conceived using an OPK and she got a positive several days in a row. Her doctor said she conceived that first day, so being pregnant already gave it a positive reading. Her friend told her the same happened to her when using OPKs. Fx this is your month!!!!!

The dr appt went good. Apparently I have a tilted uterus. It's tilted towards my back instead of the "correct" way but that has no bearing on this. He thinks I either have a thyroid problem or PCOS. He took some blood to run tests and I should know something by Monday at the latest. So there you have it. I did conceive my daughter very quickly after being off the pill. It only took 2 months. He said that my
Mirena shouldn't have caused any issue. Especially since I was regular for a few months and then crazy I most likely have a hormonal imbalance of some sort. So fingers crossed we can get it fixed!!

Texas - I'm glad your appointment went well. Have you tested recently? If you did O and you're 10dpo now, your chart looks similar to what mine did with a randomly high temp day. Either way, I'm glad you should have some answers soon!

They did a pregnancy test at the OB office today. It was negative im assuming since he didn't come in and be like "surprise! You're pregnant" so we will wait and see. AF should come by Monday I would think if I did actually O. Just a wait and see thing at this point

Fx for you bee and smille!

My dr appt also went well. Blood tests all came back normal - thyroid, blood count, iron, different hornones, etc. Sorry, I wasn't paying much attention after I heard "all came back normal" lol. Pap was okay, cervix looks good and just waiting on results now - likely will receive those after the holidays. He wasn't concerned at all about heavy af days or my unsure O for this past cycle seeing as I got af on time. Next step is to get DH to do his SA (likely in the new year after we TTC by ourselves with my final O of this year being this week or next). So I've started my RRL tea again and will bd every other day, as well as try the PreSeed this cycle. Hoping it works. :)

That's good that all your tests came back good! How long have you been TTC? Im sure you've answered that question before but I don't want to go back and re read lol. It's hard on my phone. And are your cycles pretty regular?

Thanks, I'm glad your appointment went good as well.

We've been trying on and off for about a year or just over a year now. Some months we really try, others are ntnp, kind of "if it happens, it happens, if not, no sweat." Cycles are pretty regular - generally a 28-29 day cycle.

A few years back I had cervical dysplasia but was told after treatment everything looked good and they didn't suspect anything to cause infertility.

Thanks, I'm glad your appointment went good as well.

We've been trying on and off for about a year or just over a year now. Some months we really try, others are ntnp, kind of "if it happens, it happens, if not, no sweat." Cycles are pretty regular - generally a 28-29 day cycle.

A few years back I had cervical dysplasia but was told after treatment everything looked good and they didn't suspect anything to cause infertility.

I am sure you have heard this, it will happen when you least expect it? Well, DH and I tried for a while with no avail. We were going to seek medical help. Then, I tried Conceive Easy pills along with Pre-seen and the third time in two weeks we ad DTD I got pregnant. Just waned to throw that out there

Yes lol we have heard that. Unfortunately, we're impatient, and I know we're still young, but we're also growing older. We agreed that we would rather have this sorted out now and know our options than worry about it later. If we happen to fall pregnant before medical intervention, that would be great! If we need medical help, we're perfectly fine with that too. We've also discussed surrogacy, adoption and being foster parents.

Yes I have heard that too. And I wouldn't be worried at all if it weren't for the fact that my cycles are irregular and they weren't before. The OB said himself he wouldn't be concerned if I had been on birth control pills previously but since I had a mirena and its not supposed to stop your ovulation he wanted to start looking for a reason. I pray it's easy to resolve. I'm sure we can get pregnant if I am ovulating regularly.

Yes I have heard that too. And I wouldn't be worried at all if it weren't for the fact that my cycles are irregular and they weren't before. The OB said himself he wouldn't be concerned if I had been on birth control pills previously but since I had a mirena and its not supposed to stop your ovulation he wanted to start looking for a reason. I pray it's easy to resolve. I'm sure we can get pregnant if I am ovulating regularly.

If the mirena did stop it, thenI am happy to say when I was told after my transplant that they strongly urged women post transplant to have a mirena inserted as supposedly after transplant she is so super fertile. Yet, I had transplant over 4 months ago and we have had sex a few times and nothing. I am glad I didn't do it.
For your sake I pray it is just an easy fix

Trixie- I'm glad everything came back normal. The SA sounds worse to a man than it actually is. I know it's a pride thing, but you have to start somewhere and that's the easiest test imo.

Texas- It sounds like the dr will prescribe something to help regulate your cycles. I hope you get an answer soon!

The dr appt went good. Apparently I have a tilted uterus. It's tilted towards my back instead of the "correct" way but that has no bearing on this. He thinks I either have a thyroid problem or PCOS. He took some blood to run tests and I should know something by Monday at the latest. So there you have it. I did conceive my daughter very quickly after being off the pill. It only took 2 months. He said that my
Mirena shouldn't have caused any issue. Especially since I was regular for a few months and then crazy I most likely have a hormonal imbalance of some sort. So fingers crossed we can get it fixed!!

i have a tilted uterus as well. I have known about it for years though- but i do think it's a huge issue as to why i need the softcups to keep the friends where they need to be. Both times i conceived it was with the soft cups. The 4o minutes on my back to try to get them all there and then i sleep on my stomach but it doesn't matter- cause i have the softcups. but they really did do wonders for me.

Bee: really hope this is it for you. Your signs are sounding really good and even though I know what you mean about trying not to read into things, as every cycle the list of symptoms that end up in AF seems to get longer, but your signs do sound really good! I'm 7dpo too and have nothing going on at all!! Not a single thing! Bought a pregnancy test today (clearblue plus) and will test Christmas Day AM and PM, hoping for that BFP to wrap up and give to my husband. If I don't get it though I'll just wait for AF. When do you think you'll test? So nice having Christmas during the TWW as I am so distracted and busy, I can't believe I'm already 7dpo!

thanks squirrel! we are cycle buddies again - yay :happydance: I didn't realize we were the exact same day. I actually won't test - I didn't test once last cycle and it was awesome, personally. I felt like I had outsmarted someone or something.... lol :haha: Spotting has been starting sooner and sooner so between that, temp drops, or cramps, I typically know I'm out by 11 or 12 DPO. If by some miracle I don't experience any of those by 14 DPO, I'll test then. But my temps are doing a big, fat NOTHING again. and they are even lower than last month so it's more of the same....sigh.

but thank you to all of the other ladies too for all of your sweet words and encouragement :hugs: you are always so supportive when I need that extra support.

Just looking forward to my PCP appt on Jan 12. I'm going to beg her to refer me to the fertility clinic because after an email and 2 voicemails they haven't returned my calls in 3 weeks :wacko: She's really nice and I think she will. Plus March will be our one year anniversary of TTC....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->