46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Campn: I've read some interesting articles recently about how it's not only down to sperm quality but also your body's reaction to sperm. So women who had sex every day had a much less aggressive immune response to sperm compared with women who had less frequent sex. Too much sex is bad for sperm and not enough means your body might treat them more aggressively as foreign objects. It seems we just can't win :) the advice seems to be every other day to get your body to stop fighting off sperm but also to give the sperm the best chance to develop. Those OPKs are looking good. Fingers crossed for you this month! Hope you catch that egg!

We got the DH's SA back...but I dont know what any of the numbers mean. Does anyone know what we should be looking for? What is "good" or "bad"??

They should've included the normal range along with his numbers. I have an idea since my dh's 1st was bad.

I am using my temps just to confirm o and to look for a triphasic chart. I just can't over analyze my chart on a daily basis anymore, it drives me nuts and I don't need to go any more crazy then I already am.

ah yes but i had triphasic charts and they meant nothing. It was the weird ones for me. Basically just depends on your personal body. you can't analyze the charts like that. i just used it to tell me when i o'd and kept temping to prove that the after temps don't mean a darn thing. you can see my chart on the front page of my journal actually i kept it to show.

I am using my temps just to confirm o and to look for a triphasic chart. I just can't over analyze my chart on a daily basis anymore, it drives me nuts and I don't need to go any more crazy then I already am.

ah yes but i had triphasic charts and they meant nothing. It was the weird ones for me. Basically just depends on your personal body. you can't analyze the charts like that. i just used it to tell me when i o'd and kept temping to prove that the after temps don't mean a darn thing. you can see my chart on the front page of my journal actually i kept it to show.

I haven't got a triphasic chart except when I was pregnant. I don't keep temping because I want to see a triphasic chart but it will be nice to see again.

I temp so I know month to month what my body is doing. After my chemical my temps were very low post o I feel like I didn't o at all. It's all interesting to me.

Ok so I have my dr apt tomorrow and I am hoping they do blood work etc. Not really sure what to expect. My temp is still fairly high. In fact if I put in a positive OPK test during the time I had my spotting then FF gives me crosshairs last Monday making today like 7dpo... Sigh it's all confusing. And since I actually did Bd on Monday i guess we have a decent shot at pregnancy if in fact I did ovulate...but at this point I just want some information and some solutions on how to fix it. If they do a progesterone test then it would show if i O'd or not so maybe he will....
I'm trying very hard to get into the Christmas spirit it just hasnt really hit me yet... And I have a 3 year old. We took her last night to look at Christmas lights and she really
Enjoyed it. So I am trying my hardest to get more cheery!

Awe texas I'm sorry you're not cheery yet. It's very hard as an adult sometimes to get into the spirit with all of the prep. Try listening to Christmas music or work on a holiday craft with your dd. Good luck at your appt tomorrow. I'll be anxious to hear what the dr says!

It's just a rough time. My dad has been dead for 3 years he had a sudden heart attack and died on mothers day (my first Mother's Day. DD was 6 weeks old) then last year my aunt was shot and killed by her grandson around Christmas. And this year my grandma is very sick and dying. They are putting her on hospice and basically taking her home to die. Add in all the problems I am having with my cycles and needless to say I am struggling. It is getting better but I am just not there yet :)

Texas- I'm so sorry this time of year isn't the happiest for you, that's tough and I completely understand. I really have to work on my Christmas spirit to get into it, some years are better than others for sure. Decorating, burning Christmas candles and watching Christmas movies help a lot.

I hope they do your labs and see what's really going on. Your temp being high is a very good sign that it isn't a progesterone problem. Fx for you!

thanks everyone! I really am trying and hopefully it will turn up soon 😄 I guess I am just anxious for this appointment tomorrow. I went by and signed a records release for my old OB so they could send my records and I hope they make it there by tomorrow afternoon. The lady said they may not but I hope so. I mean seriously it takes less than 15 minutes to fax over records... I used to work in a doctors office so I know how that goes. I've had to stop many a time and send records right then so maybe they will get it done..

I'm hoping my temp being high is a good sign. just have to wait one more day to hopefully be On the way to a solution!!

Texas, so sorry you are feeling so down. This must be a really rough time for you. Hang in there. I feel down as well. Didn't do an Xmas card or put up lights even. Still have my pumpkins out :( Just dont feel like celebrating much.

We got the DH's SA back...but I dont know what any of the numbers mean. Does anyone know what we should be looking for? What is "good" or "bad"??

They should've included the normal range along with his numbers. I have an idea since my dh's 1st was bad.

So I looked again after your post, and sure enough they have the ranges (just wasn't as obviously written as I've seen on other bloodwork, etc. I've seen before). I could interpret them, but not enough to know what that means in terms of fertility. Luckily, my doctor called me at 7:30 this morning before I left for work, so I put him on speaker and DH and I listened to the interpretation together. So he kept saying how good everything looked from my HSG procedure, and for my husband's SA, that total number was really good, but the number of abnormal sperm were too high, and the number of normal ones were too low. AND the number of inactive was too many, and number of active were too few. I think that's what he said, my head was spinning. And he reiterated that my ovarian reserve is like that of a 40 year old. Despite all that he tried to be encouraging and say we still could get pregnant on our own. So he gave us the choice to either keep trying and give it another 6 months, or refer us to a Reproductive Endocrinologist. I got the number and made an appt for next Tuesday.

SO! I'm feeling a little weird about all this. Like this is totally a good thing because we are taking a step in the right direction, but also feeling hesitant, and having thoughts like "are we giving up too soon?" "Am I sure we've timed things well?" "Are we sure we can't do this on our own?" I dunno, I just feel like if I get pregnant by going to a fertility doctor that it's kind of cheating. Or, the thought of, are we not supposed to have kids? Is this a sign? Or are we jumping the gun to go to this doctor? But as much as I'd like to take more time on our own, I have to be realistic about my age and that I don't have all the time in the world. Is one year really long enough to try? Just lots of mixed feelings going on...In the meantime, I should be ovulating right around Xmas, so maybe this is our last shot on our own? I need a Christmas miracle!!

So I looked again after your post, and sure enough they have the ranges (just wasn't as obviously written as I've seen on other bloodwork, etc. I've seen before). I could interpret them, but not enough to know what that means in terms of fertility. Luckily, my doctor called me at 7:30 this morning before I left for work, so I put him on speaker and DH and I listened to the interpretation together. So he kept saying how good everything looked from my HSG procedure, and for my husband's SA, that total number was really good, but the number of abnormal sperm were too high, and the number of normal ones were too low. AND the number of inactive was too many, and number of active were too few. I think that's what he said, my head was spinning. And he reiterated that my ovarian reserve is like that of a 40 year old. Despite all that he tried to be encouraging and say we still could get pregnant on our own. So he gave us the choice to either keep trying and give it another 6 months, or refer us to a Reproductive Endocrinologist. I got the number and made an appt for next Tuesday.

SO! I'm feeling a little weird about all this. Like this is totally a good thing because we are taking a step in the right direction, but also feeling hesitant, and having thoughts like "are we giving up too soon?" "Am I sure we've timed things well?" "Are we sure we can't do this on our own?" I dunno, I just feel like if I get pregnant by going to a fertility doctor that it's kind of cheating. Or, the thought of, are we not supposed to have kids? Is this a sign? Or are we jumping the gun to go to this doctor? But as much as I'd like to take more time on our own, I have to be realistic about my age and that I don't have all the time in the world. Is one year really long enough to try? Just lots of mixed feelings going on...In the meantime, I should be ovulating right around Xmas, so maybe this is our last shot on our own? I need a Christmas miracle!!

My dh's numbers were good except the same thing....his abnormal number is way too high and normal number too low.

I know going to an RE is a huge step, but do not feel like you failed or you're cheating. You've given it a year without success, this might be the little push you need. It is something you and your dh need to discuss. Do not let others put you down because you want/need help. I know for us after the amount of time we've put in ttc, we are pretty adamant on getting help. It has taken so much out of us emotionally, physically and mentally. We just want our marriage back the way it was b4 we decided to expand our family. If you ever need to talk I'm here for you. It is scary to take that 1st step, but it will be ok.

Morning ladies!

Today is my doctors appointment - I'm nervous and excited it's finally here. I'm looking forward to hearing my blood test results, and I'm assuming it's all fine and dandy because they were only going to call me if anything was off or might be a problem. So I decided no news was good news.

How is everyone else doing?

Doing good. Heading to my doctor appointment today as well. It's at 2pm I hope he is helpful lol

hi ladies!

texas and trix - good luck today at your appts!! really hoping you both get good news as well as help.

lauren - you are in good hands now with the docs. Could just be a little tweaking of something or other to do the trick! How long have you been TTC?

smille - how are you feeling? anything new?

camp - it's gO time now, right?! GL getting down to business - the egg shall be caught this time!

peanut - anything new??

It's gone too quiet here for me! I'm always lurking so even when I'm too busy to comment, you girls are always keeping me going!

7DPO and not much to report. I just have run out of hope. Even though it happens all the time, I just can't see why all of a sudden after months of everything perfectly timed that it would randomly happen. :shrug: So I'm not really thinking about it. Can't ignore my even HEAVIER amount of cm. I swear every month it gets more and more. Today is just so much it's crazy! :wacko: Also been having tummy issues which I never do but again, not looking into it. the luteal phase is full of all sorts of things for me. I got one new symptom and that was odd smelling urine. I looked it up of course and it's either my kidneys failing or I'm pregnant :wacko: I'm pretty sure at this point I could type anything into google and the internet will tell me I'm pregnant :haha:

GL to all of you ladies - I'm sending loads of baby dust for xmas! Hope you are all ready for the holidays :hugs: :hugs::dust::dust::dust::dust:

I feel like crap, almost upchucked this morning. Cramps, I cried like a bab last night bc DH iPod crapped out and he asked if I had dropped it. I had not, but was so very upset that it broke. I thought it was the end of the world. 5 days til AF due

Bee: really hope this is it for you. Your signs are sounding really good and even though I know what you mean about trying not to read into things, as every cycle the list of symptoms that end up in AF seems to get longer, but your signs do sound really good! I'm 7dpo too and have nothing going on at all!! Not a single thing! Bought a pregnancy test today (clearblue plus) and will test Christmas Day AM and PM, hoping for that BFP to wrap up and give to my husband. If I don't get it though I'll just wait for AF. When do you think you'll test? So nice having Christmas during the TWW as I am so distracted and busy, I can't believe I'm already 7dpo!

Bee- I feel you. I haven't gotten a bfp since we started trying, so why would I now? Every cycle I experience different symptoms so they are unreliable. Smelly urine is definitely related to pregnancy. Fxd for you!

Squirrel- I'm going to test either Christmas day or the day b4. I hope to get a bfp to wrap up for my dh, but I have little to no hope. It would be an amazing gift though.

I've been cramping off and on since 2dpo. This morning I tried to have breakfast and got a queasy stomach. I'm not too hopeful and will continue to ignore whatever my body is doing to fool me. I am so burned out from all of this holiday stuff but I'm not sleeping well at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->