46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Lauren- that is a lot to take in. I will keep you in my thoughts. Lots of hugs hun. I am sure once you take a few days it will sink in. Letrozole aka Femara is a medication to help stimulate ovulation. I'm going through IUI this cycle too but using clomid. We can get through this together.

Lauren you poor thing, that is a lot to be dealing with. It sounds like they have a great plan to try and get you pregnant though. I hope it all goes well and you get to see that BFP really soon.

I have one more pill to take of my provera but just now I wiped and I had light red discharge. I'm going to monitor it and see if it gets heavier and if so then I guess I need to call my OB and see if I still need to take my last provera pill. But I finally think AF is on her way!!!

Lauren- that is a lot to take in. I will keep you in my thoughts. Lots of hugs hun. I am sure once you take a few days it will sink in. Letrozole aka Femara is a medication to help stimulate ovulation. I'm going through IUI this cycle too but using clomid. We can get through this together.

Thanks Smille! Yes we are in this together! What day of your cycle are you? Today is day 21 for me (6dpo). How long have you been ttc, and do you have any kids?

Thanks Smille :) it's nice not to be in limbo though. I knew I wasn't pregnant and clinging to false hope can be so frustrating! Glad it's over! Looks like a 14 day luteal phase for me from now on, which is nice.

No soy this new cycle, it clearly doesn't work for me like it did when I conceived my daughter. I'll be trying preseed though. Anyone have any success with this before?

I'll also quit alcohol for January and Diet Coke for the whole of 2016, so hopefully that'll do something good too. My husband won't drink or smoke for January as well (he's a light smoker, but drinks too much! He's a musician and unfortunately, in his circle, it seems to be the way of life). Hopefully with both of us detoxing, we might stand a better chance.

Anyone else doing or planning something new for your new cycle?

Squirrel! Cycle buddies for life lol. I think I'm just going to seek out more help for this next cycle starting with talking to my pcp ( hoping for a direct referral to fertility clinic). I'm going to continue acupuncture and vitex - although I didn't get my bfp I got great results ...higher post o temps, less days of spotting and believe it or not, no cramps to be had !? Skin has cleared up, hair not falling out and that pesky weight gain is gone.

I'm also going to seek out mental health help too. I'm really not in a good place. My baby should have been here 2 days ago and here I am with no baby in sight. I don't want to burden those around me with my sadness - they feel bad enough for me already. And my husband feeds off of me so much- if I'm down, he's down. So I'm trying to keep a happy face for everyone and hope to let my sad feelings out here and to a therapist.

Next step after that is my annual gyn appt on feb 4. March will be one year of ttc so I'm not taking no for an answer from them then.

Haha Bee! We've also been trying since March too, so snap. Hopefully this will be our month!!!

I think seeking counselling is such a positive step (for anyone to take really). My husband suffers from depression and when he started getting weekly therapy our lives changed. He's now been out of his last depressed phase for a couple of months, but still sees his therapist and I have nothing but amazing things to say about counselling!! Apparently counsellors say that everyone should see a counsellor and many of them in fact do :)

I think I'll try vitex on February. With my unpredictable ovulation, it might help stabilise my cycle. I'm taking a new supplement this cycle with folic acid, cassava root, raspberry leaf extract, nettle extract and vitex, but I checked the amount and it doesn't have a lot of vitex in it (only about a 10th of the recommended amount).

Yes I wish I could say if it was the acupuncture or vitex that worked all these wonders but I can't be sure. Either way I'm sure both played a role.

I'm a psychologist by schooling myself and totally recommend it to everyone. It's just hard for me personally finding a good match. After I lost the baby I was seeing someone then switched but didn't feel the connection with either so stopped. Hoping to find someone good this time !

Also glad to know you're husband is doing a lot better. I always forget to comment but I keep meaning to say how cool it is that he's a musician! I'm a free spirit-hippie-rock and roll chick on the inside and I probably should have married a rock star lol

I hope you find someone good Bee. It's so important finding someone you feel you can truly open up to.

And hahaha! :D I always thought it would be really cool being with a musician, but the reality of it isn't as sexy as I once thought :haha: He's away a lot, only really hangs out with other musicians these days, gets hit on all the time while he's out (which is often) and he needs to spend all his time at home being a musician even when he's off the clock as otherwise he feels he's stagnating. Also, being a folk musician will never mean any kind of fame or wealth, but having said all that, when I see hime play live I feel 23 all over again and madly in lust with him :haha:

Hello ladies! I've been MIA for a bit but, we can blame the holidays for that one. I hope you all had a great holiday season Happy New Year to you all!

Big huge hugs to all of the ladies here suffering, I am grateful that we have each other to talk to but, I know battling this TTC journey is not easy.

Me: The holidays were great and although I had a smile on my face I did get a bit down. If I were still pregnant, I probably would of announced on Christmas and even had a few presents thought out for Grandparents/Godparents and close family. I got through but, it was a bit painful. I actually have my follow-up appointment tomorrow and hoping we get the go ahead for at least dtd. I doubt I'll get to go for TTC until I have one or two full cycles. Speaking of cycles, question for all you ladies out there who have had a DNC, how long did it take to get a period again? I've had some minor spotting and cramping even this week but, I'm chalking that up to being from the surgery still. Hopefully the new year brings lots and lots of BFP's and answers for those who need them. I'm going to try and be around more often after the New Year but, I always keep myself updated on the thread <3

Bee- I've been thinking about therapy too. If this IUI cycle fails, I will probably go. I feel like I'm in a bad place as well. I use to go in the past to deal with issues from my past and depression and once I found a counselor I liked it really did some good.

Cd2 today and tomorrow through day 7 I'm taking 100mg of clomid. I'm dreading it, but if it helps then I'm willing. I have another ultrasound cd12 to see if we can trigger.

Can I join this pity party? It's CD26 and no ovulation yet. My chart makes no sense, it's frustrating that not only it's been bfn after bfn, but my body isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Squirrel, I don't know if I'll do anything different cause I've done everything I could think of. I feel bad that I even feel bad cause so many of you have been trying much longer and had losses, I feel like I shouldn't complain but I'm just starting to really worry if there's something wrong with me. I should be seeing a therapist, actually for the past two years I've been trying to hide my anxiety and depression but I can't take it any longer. I don't want to see a therapist who would just put me on antidepressants that could make my fertility even worse.

Still need to find a new OB that will take my insurance, and then crossing my fingers that they could figure out what's wrong with me. I'm pretty sure that ovulating this late makes my eggs of bad quality and they can't be fertilized.

It breaks my heart to see so many of you feeling so down about TTC. I'm so very sorry and I definitely know that pain. It's been 17 months since we started ttc and I'm scared.

I am so nervous about miscarriage this time around and I actually have to go on progesterone suppositories after all because my levels dropped. Even being pregnant, I still have a hard time imagining a happy ending to this journey. I probably need a therapist too. I feel so lucky though to be going through this with this group. I have my appt. on Jan. 8 and my doctor said to call if I have any spotting at all and she'll see me earlier, so there's that at least. And I've had some stronger nausea the last 2 days so I hope it means all is going well in there. No spotting at all so far and symptoms are mild but seem to be increasing.

TTCBaby - After my D&C, it took 5 weeks to get my first period. Which for me was actually pretty good with my long cycles. I did bleed initially for 2 weeks, and I read that you have to have not bled for 3 weeks before a true period can start.

Can I join this pity party? It's CD26 and no ovulation yet. My chart makes no sense, it's frustrating that not only it's been bfn after bfn, but my body isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Squirrel, I don't know if I'll do anything different cause I've done everything I could think of. I feel bad that I even feel bad cause so many of you have been trying much longer and had losses, I feel like I shouldn't complain but I'm just starting to really worry if there's something wrong with me. I should be seeing a therapist, actually for the past two years I've been trying to hide my anxiety and depression but I can't take it any longer. I don't want to see a therapist who would just put me on antidepressants that could make my fertility even worse.

Still need to find a new OB that will take my insurance, and then crossing my fingers that they could figure out what's wrong with me. I'm pretty sure that ovulating this late makes my eggs of bad quality and they can't be fertilized.

Just because someone has been trying longer, doesn't mean you can't feel sadness and anger. You are struggling too. Please do not feel ashamed to feel the way that you do. :hugs:. We're all on different paths and have been for different durations, but we all are trying to get to the same goal.

I definitely think it's worth talking to a dr about. Up until Monday I thought since I'm producing eggs and I'm ovulating there's nothing wrong but I didn't realize that they might not be maturing. If that is what you think is going on, they should definitely help you.

TTCBabyG, I had my first period 5 weeks after the D&C also. That was a first for me as I have long cycles too. Xx

Hello ladies! 14dpo now. LP is usually only 10 days. Bfn at 11dpo and now a faint line!!! Whats happening!!!??? Is 17 months of trying fibally worth it? Taken at 2min and 10 min

Attachments

• 2015-12-31 21.04.23.jpg
    2015-12-31 21.04.23.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 22
Cherry congrats! That's a beautiful BFP!!! And after so long trying too! I hope you have a wonderful and healthy nine months! X

Thank you currently pouring myself a 'cocktail' of just juice to give the illusion of drinking agter so long TTC i am scared of losing this one.. just took another test and it is just as positive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->