46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Smille- :( has it gone down since last time? Why are they only trying IUI once? I know sometimes you need to do it a few times anyway? So sorry I can't even imagine what you're going through now.

I've a few IVF friends and the success rate is so so high so even if that's your last option, it's a pretty solid option. However, it only takes 1 really good sperm to conceive so just keep your hope and your faith.

Oh Smille :hugs: what a thing to hit you with when you've just gone through the procedure. Have they no sense of tact? I agree with campn. Are they not going to try again before IVF? Seems strange to only try once.

If it does come down to IVF, I've heard the success rates in couples where there is male factor issues is really high as once the woman actually has a little blastocyst in there ready to implant and she has no issues, then it's likely to work. Sorry you're facing such a daunting possibility when you've only just gone through this.

Fingers tightly crossed one of those spermies will make it!

Smille- :( has it gone down since last time? Why are they only trying IUI once? I know sometimes you need to do it a few times anyway? So sorry I can't even imagine what you're going through now.

I've a few IVF friends and the success rate is so so high so even if that's your last option, it's a pretty solid option. However, it only takes 1 really good sperm to conceive so just keep your hope and your faith.

I couldn't tell you why they're only trying once. My dh can't get days off anyways but worked something out for today. Even if they did it twice, they won't get the count they're looking for. His numbers last month were 5 mil which they said would give us a decent shot. It's not the money so much as breaking my dh's heart when I deliver the news. Idk when I'll tell him, but definitely after dtd tonight. I don't want him to feel pressure.

Oh Smille :hugs: what a thing to hit you with when you've just gone through the procedure. Have they no sense of tact? I agree with campn. Are they not going to try again before IVF? Seems strange to only try once.

If it does come down to IVF, I've heard the success rates in couples where there is male factor issues is really high as once the woman actually has a little blastocyst in there ready to implant and she has no issues, then it's likely to work. Sorry you're facing such a daunting possibility when you've only just gone through this.

Fingers tightly crossed one of those spermies will make it!

We were told to try iui 3 times but if his count went below 5 mil there was no point as we'd be flushing money down the toilet.

Thanks for listening ladies. I'm trying to be strong.

I'm so sorry again smile, you're too incredible of a wife to be just worried about your DH's feelings even though it probably hurts you more, he's such a lucky guy. <3

Smille that is terrible news. I hate that they told you that right as they were doing the procedure. I mean for Petes sake just see if it works first and then say something. I too have heard that Ivf has good success rates but I am not sure how expensive it is. I know it's a lot more than IUI.

Smille :hugs: I am so sorry for what you're going through. I still have FX that the procedure works, will be keeping you and your DH in my prayers.

Bee :hugs: That is terrible. I hope your next appointment has some better news. You've been one the best supports for this group, and I hope we can return the favor. If you need to talk please send a pm, anytime.

TTC What a lovely surprise! Congratulations on your engagement and welcome back.

Squirrel :happydance: go catch that egg! Wonderful lines, gl and babydust.

You all are such sweet and wonderful ladies. I wish they would've waited until after I get my blood pregnancy back to tell me. It will cost 20× more than what we paid for IUI. We may have to wait for next year when we can get insurance that will cover it.

Smille there might be programs in your state that will help cover the cost. I hope you won't need it but they should have a few answers if it does concern you, give them a call. :hugs:

Smille- I hate that you're going through this, my heart really hurts for you... I hope it won't come to that, but I know that fertility clinics offer loan plans, similar to buying a car so there are always options luckily.

Really tightly crossing everything I've got for you and hope that there is a hero of a sperm down there who will get the job done!

I actually always go back and forth with this. Right now, I always o before we DTD because it makes for tons and tons of CM that makes things so much easier and I always believe help the sperm get up there. After we DTD, I do lots of kegals to pull the sperm up. I've heard O'ing after the fact is very good but I can never get past the fact that so much stuff comes out of me when I o that I would be expelling so much of the semen too. I know the science points to the opposite though so maybe I will also add that in tonight too!

i have to agree with squirrel on this... i actually tried it last month. after he finished, i got my bum on pillow legs up had 'me time' i found it stayed there a lot longer when i had to get up. give it shot hun. something to try =)

Smille24.... im sending you big hugs!! i have everything crossed for you and your hubby.. you guys will get there xxxx

I've had time to process things and I think he should see a urologist 1st before jumping right in. Maybe there are tips or medications to help with his abnormal number and all around count. If not, then we can try ivf but I want a 2nd opinion. Yes, it will take more time but if there's a solution I'm willing to try it before draining our bank accounts. I'm feeling better after playing in the snow with my dd. I am really blessed with my small family, and one day somehow it will expand.

Glad you've had time to think about it, I think you're doing the right thing, if his numbers could just improve a little bit, the IUI could definitely work!

Yay for playing in the snow! It's even chilly here in Florida, but no chance of snow :p

Whoa that's a lot to catch up on..

sending big hugs to everyone who needs one. :hugs:

keeping my fx for those about to enter the tww or just beginning the tww.

I'm sorry for not catching up with everyone personally, but I have read it all and want you all to know I'm thinking of you all and sending positive vibes your way.
Afm: took DH for his follow up X-rays and staples removal. Good news - he's healing good. Bad news - DH is not allowed to return to work until June on doctors orders, and we also didn't even get to ask if we can bd at all or find out when he can. Unless DH is open to doing some kind of at home insemination, I don't know when we'll even start TTC again. I hate this. And I hate this year already.

Ugh my boobs seriously hurt... Especially around my nipples... Not sure what to make of it. Hoping for a huge temp rise tmrw!!

Oh no Smille, I am so bummed to hear this news. Don't give up hope. Like others have said, you only need one sperm, so hopefully you guys will beat the odds! Plus, unless I'm mistaken, can't sperm count vary from month to month? Like last month his was over 5, so maybe this month it went down, but next month it will go back up again? I think a second opinion is a good idea. Even from another doctor at the same clinic. Different doctors may have different approaches for sure! Hopefully more IUI's are in your future - if for no other reason than to give them a fair shot before coming to the conclusion that IVF is the only other option.

For me, I'm anticipating IVF will be in our future. My DH's sperm is ok, it's my eggs that are not. So I'm just prepping myself for that, thinking that perhaps if they can handpick my eggs, I'll have a chance. But one thing at a time. Femara again tonight for me. No side effects I've noticed.

PS- they deactivated my other account I created - anyone know how I can change my screen name? I've emailed the site moderators twice, with no response either time. grrr...just want a different screen name!

Today is nothing but bad news for all of us!

Trixie- I'm so sorry your dh isn't able to go back to work or bd. Could you use softcups? He can put the goods in there and you insert it.

Lauren- try to remain positive. Although I was sidetracked with awful news, I've been reading success stories with counts of 1mil. There's hope for us since they pick the best of the best.

I'm going to talk to my dh after we dtd. I don't want him stressed and it's eating away at me so it can't wait until tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

Yes there is definitely hope!!! And good to not tell your DH yet. Or wait to see if your period comes! If it doesn't no need to ever have the conversation :)

Trixie- I'm so sorry! I hope he gets so much better sooner than June, but maybe you can manage to find a way to BD that wouldn't hurt him too much.

Today has definitely been one of those not great days for many of you, and it makes me so sad cause you all deserve it so much, life is just a little unkind sometimes but it usually turns around so I hope it goes way up for you ladies super soon.

I like how this thread moved from a testing thread to a more or a support group really, that is very lucky to have.

Thinking of each one of you who is having a rough day. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->