46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

What a bad day for so many of us :( even so, I still believe we will each get our baby....

Sending huge hugs to trix, smille, Gina (posted the same time as your update and had missed it) and Lauren.

Currently laying with hips elevated, diva cup in and executed all the steps successfully ;)

Fx!

What a bad day for so many of us :( even so, I still believe we will each get our baby....

Sending huge hugs to trix, smille, Gina (posted the same time as your update and had missed it) and Lauren.

Currently laying with hips elevated, diva cup in and executed all the steps successfully ;)

Fx!

ATTA GIRL! I hope you're on the way to conceiving right NOW as those sperms make jumps in there and find that eggy! <3<3

Trixie I am sorry, have you asked DH what he would be comfortable with/willing to try? I hope you join us again soon. Will be thinking of you.

Bee :happydance: Gl luck sending major baby vibes!

Texas really exciting! Keeping FX!

Lauren Hopefully you will have a lucky cycle and won't have to worry about it much longer. Everything crossed for you

I'm sorry for all the bad luck some of you are having.
I know I'm not technically in this particular forum, but if you guys don't mind, I would like to be. I used to be, and this is the topic I still feel most comfortable and most accepted in.

In any way, I did two tests this morning, one with the weeks indicator and I was really scared for it to say 'not pregnant' (niet zwanger, where I live).
But, it seems there is a bean! Now just to hoping it sticks..

I'm sorry for barging in here and if you all rather not have me here, just let me know :)

Hahha don't be silly hun! Everyone is welcome !! Big congrats lovely.

I really hope it works for you Bee. Keep doing that as much as you can !! Lots of luck

Bee- there you go! You did everything possible to help them get to their destination. Fxd this is your cycle.

Drum- where are you in your cycle?

Ciz- how are you feeling?

I talked to my dh last night bc I cannot keep anything from him. It was like I stabbed a knife in him. He misunderstood me when I told him the count, he thought he only had 2.86 total pre wash. We still feel it'll work. Ivf is not in our near future bc my car is on its last leg and obviously that is a necessity (not that a baby isn't). We think a trip to the urologist will help him become a better candidate for IUI. It's worth a shot. As for now, we're just hoping this works out. My temp shot up this morning so I definitely ovulated!

blab - glad you re-joined us and so happy for your bfp! I guess it gives us all hope that if that happened with a condom then anything can happen! H and H 9 months :)

smille - I think it's great that you are exploring your options. I think I always get suuuuuper down after bad news then I start coming back to life and into problem solving mode. my temp spiked today too so we are cycle twins!

like I said, I got into problem solving mode last night - at first I said I wouldn't google anything but then I decided that knowledge is power. So I read about lots of women with cervical scarring and read about how to determine CP (I've tried before but thought it seemed unsuccessful) as well as feel for scarring. After studying the info, I figured out that my cervix was high yesterday as well as soft, which is good. The scarring would feel hard and bumpy. That was the good news. The bad news is I couldn't tell AT ALL if it was opened or closed - really just didn't know what I was feeling for, and also that the scarring could be on the inside which is more likely anyway since that is where baby was implanted. But I was glad to have checked off 2 of the 3 O points. so pulled out all the stops last night. temp jump today and will BD after work one more time.

I'm feeling ok thanks smille. I hit 5 weeks today so far no bleeding so I'm feeling a bit more relaxed. Boobs abit sore and spells of dizziness. Can't stop eating!

Oh definitely try other avenues first lovely. I hope you guys get some other options =) xx

Drum- Any updates on you hun? You always us about us, we'd like to check on you too! <3

Blabla- Everyone is welcome here! We all have the same goal in mind. Are you in Germany!? Zwanger sounds so German. Congrats again, these digital really make it more real.

Bee- Good thinking! I love that! You just take the cards you're dealt and try to make something of a tricky situation, definitely the right attitude to TTC! I hope you'd go to your OB and she'll say "umm girl you're pregnant!"

Smile- Aww your sweet DH, this is gotta be so hard on him but it's really not his fault I hope he knows that. I hope they can just bump his number a little bit higher (I've heard maca root works for guys too, as well as other stuff) so maybe you can try a mix of things and see?

It's a shame how in this day and age IVF still costs an arm and a leg, it's definitely a business to them.

Bee- that temp spike looks good!
Smile- im sorry about your husband. I agree a second opinion can do wonders.
Afm- my temp is up again so I do believe I ovulated.. One more higher temp to confirm and I hope they stay high through my lutuel phase. If I play with FF it gives me crosshairs for Monday as O day. I knew I should have Bd Sunday...but I was afraid O day was still a few days off and I didn't want to burn out on the Bd. But other than that I'm in with a good chance.

Campn: Close! I live in the Netherlands :)
Ciz: Thank you so much and I'm happy you are feeling more relaxed!
Smile: I'm sorry it's such a rough time now, but it's great that you are exploring your options. :flower:
Bee: It's looking good, keep being hopeful :) My cervix is never fully closed, the difference with me is that either I can fit the top of my finger in, or it's more of a tight slit. I don't know much about it, but I think it differs per person and once you get the hang of it, you'll know the difference much better!

Afm: I'm cautiously happy, but at the same time; I'm doing my Master's and graduating this summer. SO and I have had a rough patch in November.I gave him another chance and things have been great. But I'm not so sure he is going to be happy about this. We're leaving for a little trip tomorrow, hopefully I won't have a cp, and I think I'll tell him Monday then.
I'm not really having symptoms yet, other than vivid dreams (also naughty ones, which I never had before :haha:) and the fact that I'm no longer always cold. I've never felt this comfortable in winter :haha: O, and the occasional light cramp.

Smile- Aww your sweet DH, this is gotta be so hard on him but it's really not his fault I hope he knows that. I hope they can just bump his number a little bit higher (I've heard maca root works for guys too, as well as other stuff) so maybe you can try a mix of things and see?

It's a shame how in this day and age IVF still costs an arm and a leg, it's definitely a business to them.

I really think there's a better solution. I know he's feeling broken and defensive, I would be too. I just have to show him that I'm not going anywhere and all of this doesn't change how I feel about him. I am angry at the world bc he has been nothing but an awesome father to my dd and he deserves so much for taking on that responsibility to be with me. I'm sure there's supplements to help.

As for the IVF, it's a damn shame that was jammed down my throat yesterday. Yes, his count was low post wash, but don't tell me there's no chance. I understand they make the most money through ivf, but don't crush someone's hope after they just got a procedure done. It was the same cpn who insisted I get my progesterone checked knowing I had long cycles. I'll only listen to the drs not some heartless nurse.

I think some of them have seen so many cases like that, and they became numb and heartless towards people, I understand that they've seen it happen a lot before, but show some compassion, this is the first IUI you've done and you need all the hope and encouragement you can get.

I hope you get some great news from the urologist and he helps you bump up the numbers just a little. Your DH sounds amazing. Any guy who raises someone else's child is a real man in my opinion, and he deserves to have more children. We need more dads like him!

I'm thinking of you hun <3

Blabla- He should be happy! Also he should know any time you've sex there's a chance you get pregnant :p
I'm also happy but cautious cause this time it wasn't easy conceiving and my cycles were all over the place, but we should enjoy it while it lasts and hope for the best! Best of luck with graduation and your masters, I've been wanting to get my masters for a few years but it ain't cheap in the US and we've other priorities now.

Smille: your positive attitude is amazing! I'm so glad you feel more positive about it all today. What I don't understand, is why they would dismiss future IUIs not working when your husband has had a count of 5 million recently. Taking precautions to try and raise his numbers would mean he can definitely get 5 million (or more) again, so why would they be unwilling to try that? As for the fact that it was the nurse who told you to try IVF, probably without being asked to discuss this with you, I would make a complaint. Mindset is everything in this game and she majorly affected yours yesterday. That should have been a discussion to have if this cycle doesn't work.

Trixie: so sorry for that bad news :hugs: I can't imagine having to take an indefinite amount of time off TTC. Do you think he'd be open to the idea of home insemination?

Texas: sore boobs are a good sign. Must have been a powerful ovulation if you've already got lots of hormone. Your temp rises look good so far!

Bee: hope your legs akimbo is doing the trick! You could be conceiving right this second! I am rubbish at feeling my cervix. I wouldn't let it worry you if you couldn't feel an opening. Amazing temp rise today, hope I follow your lead tomorrow!

Blabla: of course you're welcome here! Love the digital (and I love seeing it in Dutch :haha: I don't know if you remember me saying, but I was born and raised in Holland until I was 18, Dutch was my first language for a long time). Good luck telling your SO.

Campn: any preggo symptoms yet? :)

AFM: temp dip today and strange pelvic feelings, probably ovulating today. Going to pounce on the husband once our kids are in bed :) I also found out I got the job!!! :D I knew the interview had gone well and my lesson went well too. Very very pleased! Not going to lie, I was panicking a bit at being unemployed so last minute. Now I get to relax until the job starts in a few weeks!

squirrel! amazing news about the job - CONGRATS girl!! good news come in threes so I'm thinking job, bfp and a little something else in your near future :happydance: temps are nice and low, opks are nice and dark, your DH is about to be jumped....I'm thinking it all adds up to a bfp in less than 2 weeks :haha:

FX for you! excited to see your temp jump tomorrow ! TWW! :thumbup:

Blabla- He should be happy! Also he should know any time you've sex there's a chance you get pregnant :p
I'm also happy but cautious cause this time it wasn't easy conceiving and my cycles were all over the place, but we should enjoy it while it lasts and hope for the best! Best of luck with graduation and your masters, I've been wanting to get my masters for a few years but it ain't cheap in the US and we've other priorities now.

I hope he will be! Here it used to be cheap and we would get student benefits (around 300 a month), but halfway through my studies they decided to stop doing that and now I have build up a loan of 22000 by the end of my masters. The Horror! And in the US it is absolutely ridiculous, the cost of education. I'm doing my master's in American Studies :haha:

Squirrel: Haha I remember! I was waiting for your reaction on that!
Congrats on the job, so lucky!

I agree with squirrel! Nurses or techs should not be giving fertility advice, like SHUT UP you're not a doctor, and you're not psychic! I went to get a gender scan at a scan place that had no doctors at 15 weeks and the tech looked at the screen and kept saying wow your baby is super small, are you sure this pregnancy is normal!? I got super worried and told my OB and she said that techs should not be making these calls or diagnose anything.

Squirrel- I had no idea! My best friend in school was also Dutch and she was super sweet, I had her teach me a few words but remember only a few words now. CONGRATS on the new job! I agree with bee, good things come in threes so I'm very hopeful that in 2 weeks I see your BFP!

Right now only sore boobs, I spotted yesterday after my Pap smear and freaked out but some ladies said that's normal, I'm extra worried this pregnancy but hoping for the best!

Bee- I hope you have a super fertilized eggy right now that is making her way towards your uterus this time! I'm keeping all of you ladies in my prayers!

Smille I love your strength, and am so happy to hear you are getting another opinion. You and your DH will be in my prayers.

Squirrel Congratulations on the job and on O!

Blab congratulations hon!

Bee I forgot to add that even 2/3 is awesome and wishing you a lot of luck this cycle. FX stays crossed for you and really hoping they have some good news at your next appointment.

Campn and Smille thank you both for asking, I just have not thought about it lol. Im 12dpo and just waiting on AF.Next cycle is our official first year of TTC and our first Clomid cycle so while we did try this month we are not really expecting anything from it. We actually have been a bit busy looking at a house that came up in our area. Good news is that they accepted our offer last night so if this month doesn't work out I can just help move lol

Congrats on the house drum !! that's amazing news. Job, house... Good things are happening for this thread and BFPS are next. Maybe you'll get your bfp when you lease expect it ...aka this weekend ;) fingers crossed but glad there is a plan b lined up. I'll be right behind you with our ttc anniversary - how fun lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->