46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

So I have a funny story to share, yesterday I tested with the CB advanced pregnancy test and got "pregnant 2-3", so I took a picture of it and texted it to my VERY oblivious DH.

So he quickly texts back saying "2-3 what!?? kids?? WTH woman, let your eggs go one at a time!"

He totally thought it meant twins or triplets and I'm sure was sitting there trying to take his tie off and struggling to breathe. I laughed so hard!

Omg! I actually laughed out loud reading this. Poor DH. Maybe I'll use that one on my hubby and watch him have a panic attack and then cuss me out because I know he actually wouldn't mind twins.

We joke that we want triples so we can one up his brother and wife who had twin girls.

hehe camp I love that! :haha: I didn't think there was anyone out there as oblivious as my DH lol. The best would be if it turns out to be twins afterall!! :baby::baby:

LMAO campn! That's hilarious. Men :dohh: although it would be really cool if there was a test that could tell that lol

Trr- I hope you get your twins then! Twins are amazing and always left me in awe cause it's really magical.

Bee- Then the joke is on ME really cause I'm the one who has to get them out, and the one who will breastfeed them! I can't wait to see my DH fall asleep and snoring while I'm rocking two babies to sleep...

lol that's a good point camp! me and DH always hope for twins since losing our first we feel like we need to catch up! I always imagine they would just cut me open to get them out since I'm so teeny (not that that is a better option at all though) but BFing, now that is a whole other story and challenge that I hadn't given much thought! I dunno camp....that test was fairly dark for 9DPO.... :winkwink:

O date is coming up. Waiting for my preseed and apparently super sensitive HPTs.

Probably just going to bd a couple times this month. Hubby seems stressed and overwhelmed when I tell him I need the goods now! I used to tell him the schedule but now I'm keeping him oblivious.
Previously the past 2 cycles I bd'ed on the day before o and the day after o. The cycle I got pregnant on I bd'ed on o day so I'm pushing to replicate that cycle this time around. Luckily we are both off work that day so I can monitor my cervix and get the goods in there.

sounds like you have an awesome plan set up trr. I went back and looked at my bfp cycle too and tried to replicate that BD pattern. I was temping so I can't say for sure, but it was mostly BDing the days leading up to o. I did the same this month but added the day of O and after for good measure. I also stopped telling my DH the schedule, but I have told him when he has to stop having fun with himself so I know he's saving it all for me (yuck lol I hate bodily fluids - can you tell how fun this year of TTC has been? :haha:)

Campn: Hahaha that's hilarious. Silly SO you have

Everyone in the TWW: Good luck and I hope you'll all get your BFPs :flower:

Afm: We arrived in Luxembourg for our little trip, it's snowy everywhere and our hotel looks out over a valley. :happydance:
Still cramping a little bit, but I'm now officially late (though this is cycle day 25 and lately my cycles have been 21-23 days, 25 days was a couple of months ago that it happened for the last time.)! :laugh2:
I hope everything is okay and that by Monday I can finally tell SO. I hope his reaction will be positive. :shrug:

lol camp, that's hilarious! I imagine my DH would have panicked and struggled to breathe as well. I'll have to remember to try that whenever I get a bfp lol.

I may take you up on the offer jgo, I just don't know how to private message on here lol. After some of my research yesterday, I don't feel comfortable using one of the cups since I've never used or tried them and I'm horrible at trying to feel for my cervix, so I imagine I'd probably use a syringe or something.

I didn't get to ask DH about ttc, as he now has a tooth problem... sheesh, when it rains, it pours lol. Oh well, he has a dental appointment on Monday and we've got the weekend to discuss what we want to do. If I know him though, he'll want to put ttc on hold until he's totally healed and back at work again, but I'm not going to take no for an answer lol.

lol bee, you know, I never had to tell DH when to stop himself, he was a-ok with me telling him when af was done and just leaving opk's on the bathroom counter for him to look at. He was actually the one who told me when he would stop having his own fun so he could "save up" lol

Trr- I kept my DH in the dark for most of my cycle, but whenever I got the + opk I'd just say "Stop touching yourself!" but he did once say how it feels like it's a job but I reminded him that once I'm pregnant it'll be hard to have sex so better do it while we can!

Bee- OMG nooo honestly I don't know how we can handle twins, that's double everything, including dirty diapers. I know with DS my hcg was higher than average so I hope it's just that!
Also bodily fluids are the worst, and it doesn't end with TTC!

blabla- I'm so jealous! You're so lucky in Europe you can travel to any country (even in Africa) very fast and cheap. Traveling to Georgia is 9 hours, and that's the closest state to me. I'm also officially late so that's calming.

Trix- Your DH! He's gotta be in pain everywhere! Teeth pain are the worst, anything related to bones is so painful, I hope he doesn't feel a thing and gets lots of pain killers.

enjoy your stay blab! I hate the cold and snow, but since it's super cold and snowy here anyway, that sounds really nice! and GL telling OH - I can't imagine that he won't be thrilled. It was obv meant to be since it was a surprise...!

trix - I really hope your DH agrees to the home insemination. I always think about this way - I have one chance every 29 days to get pregnant. You miss ONE month and we are up to one chance in 60 days. I've used this way of thinking to cancel or avoid any trips around O time that might interfere - in the end it just wasn't worth it to us to extend things that far. So maybe laying it out like that will help him see how far you could get set back by waiting. and since we aren't the women falling pregnant every month, we need that time to up our stats!

DH has no problem abstaining when I tell him it's that time. In fact he prob welcomes it since now I get to do his dirty work for him :haha: I also leave my opks by our sink and I catch him checking them out lol. So he always knows when it's that time, but I don't tell him in the morning like okay, be ready for it tonight, because then I think it feels like a chore. So I try to keep the TEENIEST tiniest element of surprise in there lol :shrug:

Yeah I did really good the first couple of months when I wasn't telling him when I was going to jump him but after the mc I got very strict and now I can tell he is just not into regimented sex (who would be).

So I have loosened the reins so to speak and am trying to think that I'm more relaxed about it this month but that is a flat out lie. I'm just more relaxed in the fact that I'm not telling him when I'll want his deposit lol

I'll probably go for a massage on o day like I did the cycle I got pregnant. My masseuse is a goddess.

Trix- your poor DH! Hoping he agrees to the deposits and to be quite honest, I check my cervix all day every day. I hated it at first but now I use it to see when my cervix is open so I can get the soldiers in there. But syringing them in there works as well. Maybe with some preseed around the cervix? Just a thought.

Oh and I'm Canadian too. Happy to see another one of us in here. I thought I was the only one :)

Campn- twins would be a blessing but only if they are as well behaved as my nieces. Quietest babies ever.

Bee- it's so hard to leave an element of surprise anymore. DH knows when I start telling him it's time to have sex that there will be a solid week of sex at least every other day. POAS usually helps with figuring it out as well.

Blabla- Im jealous that you are traveling. I was supposed to be traveling next week to California with family but it interferes with o day. The things we do to TTC. Hope you have a great time.

lol camp, that's hilarious! I imagine my DH would have panicked and struggled to breathe as well. I'll have to remember to try that whenever I get a bfp lol.

I may take you up on the offer jgo, I just don't know how to private message on here lol. After some of my research yesterday, I don't feel comfortable using one of the cups since I've never used or tried them and I'm horrible at trying to feel for my cervix, so I imagine I'd probably use a syringe or something.

I didn't get to ask DH about ttc, as he now has a tooth problem... sheesh, when it rains, it pours lol. Oh well, he has a dental appointment on Monday and we've got the weekend to discuss what we want to do. If I know him though, he'll want to put ttc on hold until he's totally healed and back at work again, but I'm not going to take no for an answer lol.

I used the cups maybe one or two months. they are easier to insert than you'd think and you dont really have to feel for anything. my concern with them was that i'd spill the goods trying to get it in (that and it kind of made my cervix sore leaving it in for several hours) so we just used syringes, a bit of fun :blush: before inserting the syringe and then i kept my hips up on pillows afterwards for usually 30-60 min (tho we typically always did it at night so i'd keep them elevated for 30 minutes and then just go to sleep after).

Trix- your poor DH! Hoping he agrees to the deposits and to be quite honest, I check my cervix all day every day. I hated it at first but now I use it to see when my cervix is open so I can get the soldiers in there. But syringing them in there works as well. Maybe with some preseed around the cervix? Just a thought.

Oh and I'm Canadian too. Happy to see another one of us in here. I thought I was the only one :)

Campn- twins would be a blessing but only if they are as well behaved as my nieces. Quietest babies ever.

Bee- it's so hard to leave an element of surprise anymore. DH knows when I start telling him it's time to have sex that there will be a solid week of sex at least every other day. POAS usually helps with figuring it out as well.

Blabla- Im jealous that you are traveling. I was supposed to be traveling next week to California with family but it interferes with o day. The things we do to TTC. Hope you have a great time.

awesome! I also thought I was the only one lol. Ohh I hadn't considered using preseed unless we were ttc together. I may try it if he agrees, thanks! :)

I used the cups maybe one or two months. they are easier to insert than you'd think and you dont really have to feel for anything. my concern with them was that i'd spill the goods trying to get it in (that and it kind of made my cervix sore leaving it in for several hours) so we just used syringes, a bit of fun :blush: before inserting the syringe and then i kept my hips up on pillows afterwards for usually 30-60 min (tho we typically always did it at night so i'd keep them elevated for 30 minutes and then just go to sleep after).

Thanks so much! This may be tmi and I understand if you don't answer, but I was reading about letting it sit and liquefy for about 10 minutes, do I really need to do that? lol :shrug:

Well ladies, I actually hinted at, then bluntly asked, my DH over my lunch hour about trying to have sex. He laughed, considered it for a second, hugged and kissed me gently, then told me in this quiet, loving voice while staring into my eyes, "I'm not breaking my hip again just so you can get laid." lmao! I laughed so hard, and after a tiny discussion about it, he's going to consider it and see how he feels about trying again :happydance:

Trix- your husband sounds like a funny guy. That comment made me giggle. Hopefully he will agree to your advances when he is feeling up to it.

Apparently the preseed has enzymes to support the sperm on their journey. I have heard of putting a little in the syringe and on the cervix to help if using a syringe for insemination or putting some in the soft cup and then on the cervix if you were going that route.

Campn- that's so funny that I literally laughed out loud. Men are so clueless. My dh would probably say the same thing.

Trixie- I hope he comes around to the idea. He sounds like he'll give in to make you happy.

Texas- it looks like you definitely o'd hun. Fxd for you!

Yay for a lot of us being in the tww. We dtd 2 days b4 the IUI and the night of so I have hope. It only takes 1.

Jgo- it's nice to see you back on this thread to cheer us on. I've missed you.

:dust: for all of us.

Thanks so much! This may be tmi and I understand if you don't answer, but I was reading about letting it sit and liquefy for about 10 minutes, do I really need to do that? lol :shrug:

Well ladies, I actually hinted at, then bluntly asked, my DH over my lunch hour about trying to have sex. He laughed, considered it for a second, hugged and kissed me gently, then told me in this quiet, loving voice while staring into my eyes, "I'm not breaking my hip again just so you can get laid." lmao! I laughed so hard, and after a tiny discussion about it, he's going to consider it and see how he feels about trying again :happydance:[/QUOTE]

i'm not 100% sure on how long to let it sit as for us there wasn't a choice. donor lived about 25-30 minutes from the house, so my wife would go pick it up and drive home with it tucked between her legs and then we'd get to work right away as it already sat in the cup so long. I always did put a bit of pre-seed in the syringe first - not a ton, maybe about 1/8th of the syringe full and then sucked up the goods. i mostly did that so that "residue" left at the end of the syringe when it was all pushed out would likely just be the the pre-seed and none of the swimmers. but it does also help them swim, so it's a good idea anyway!

Campn- that's so funny that I literally laughed out loud. Men are so clueless. My dh would probably say the same thing.

Trixie- I hope he comes around to the idea. He sounds like he'll give in to make you happy.

Texas- it looks like you definitely o'd hun. Fxd for you!

Yay for a lot of us being in the tww. We dtd 2 days b4 the IUI and the night of so I have hope. It only takes 1.

Jgo- it's nice to see you back on this thread to cheer us on. I've missed you.

:dust: for all of us.

i've been checking back daily, i really don't want to miss any of you getting your bfp! i haven't had a lot of time to comment as much as i'd like, but i'm always rooting for you all! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->