46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Texas- wow that chart!

Squirrel- I hope your bloods come back fine. The first time I went for bloodwork they took 8 vials ugh.

Bee- I'm 1.5hrs away, but it took me 3 hrs last week. That's why we're going to wait until March/April to go back. The drive without snow is hard, but with it was dreadful. I hope we get away with 3 inches, 8 would be awful.

I may wait until Monday, that way if it's bfn I can process it for a bit without my dh.

Bee :hugs: I'm so sorry you're feeling down. One day, years from now, when you cuddle your little one(s) too you, you won't care that you were 30 not 29 and that you got there with a little bit of help. Everything that helped you get that exact child will be a blessing and you will have no regrets. What keeps me going through this long journey and the chemical that was a new life that could have been, is that in years to come when I look at my third child I will be so so so thankful that I conceived them at the exact moment I did. I will be so grateful that the chemical happened, I will be so grateful it took nearly a year or more, I will be so grateful for everything that led to that child existing and no other... I know it's weird backwards logic, but every time I see my kids I feel how easily they could have been someone completely different if even a different sperm had conceived them, or we fell a different month.... I hope I haven't sounded insensitive or annoying. i just hate to hear you sounding so down.

I also know exactly what you mean about temps getting hopes up. I've now started ignoring post-o temps. The cycle I conceived Isla my temps were flat after o and even dropped the day I got my BFP. I've had plenty of triphasic charts that always led to AF. Now I just think that as long as my temp is above the coverline then all is well. I really hope that you get your BFP this month!!

Just a question regarding bloods. What sorts of things can they show up? I mean, what problems can they pick up?

I was guessing:
Not enough progesterone
Too much oestrogen
High FSH to suggest low ovarian reserve
Anaemia/vit D deficiency
Thyroid problems

Anything else? Just wondering what might come back in the results.

Just a question regarding bloods. What sorts of things can they show up? I mean, what problems can they pick up?

I was guessing:
Not enough progesterone
Too much oestrogen
High FSH to suggest low ovarian reserve
Anaemia/vit D deficiency
Thyroid problems

Anything else? Just wondering what might come back in the results.

Mine checked hundreds of things from hormones related to brain function, kidneys, thyroid, etc.

Completely agree with squirrel 100%! Years from now when you're having the best day at the beach with your kids you will not care one bit how old you were! You're obviously very healthy and at a great weight so age is only a number!

squirrel- also stds! My OB told me she's checking me for gonorrhea and other gnarly STDs, I found that a little weird. I thought these stds were easy to diagnose by just an examination. :p

thanks ladies :hugs:

I guess I'm just upset bc DH and I want 4 children so starting off in our 30s with fertility issues probably makes that impossible. but just looking forward to the future as much as I can :hugs:

squirrel - my blood panel tested thyroid, prolactin, FSH, LH, and DHEA. I was very surprised that they didn't test the big hitters - progesterone, estrogen and testosterone and when I asked they said that if those were off then one of the things they tested for would show that. I'm guessing you are probably getting a more in depth panel though since mine only took 2 vials of blood instead of 5. When do you get the results back??

Bee- Just have them one after the other, it's hard but you're done with all of it so fast and can be on to the next season in life. I'm kinda regretful that I waited so long to try for the second, but honestly my DS id still very hard to deal with sometimes. I needed a break.

Also, you may get twins! It's rare but always possible!

Thanks ladies. Yeah I remember checking all the things they were checking for and saw a lot of what you mentioned. I'm still wondering what they might find wrong :( hopefully nothing!! Bee The results will be sent to my GP in seven days. So I'll call a week today and see if they've arrived and then book and appointment.

Bee: I have often heard cases where women struggled to conceive their first child and then fell pregnant very easily on subsequent pregnancies. It's obviously not guaranteed (especially if there are physiological issues like the scarring you mentioned), but just because it's hard now, doesn't mean it will always be hard to get pregnant. If the issue is your cervix, then after having one baby, your cervix would always be a bit open afterwards, which might bypass scarring issues.

8dpo and no urge to test. No symptoms either other than sore breasts pretty much since ovulation - but that's not a preg symptom, could just be random hornones! Temp went back up a bit today after dipping yesterday. Not too impressed with it in general though :haha: really not feeling confident this time around.

Also, I don't think this is a great sign, but so far my post-o temps have been eerily similar to last cycle, which obviously ended in AF.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 6
Bee, my mom told me that it took my grandma 2 years to have her first child. She ended up with 8 of them. They didn't have all the tests they do now so as far as we know there were no fertility issues. Just took awhile but then one right after another. Not even any twins. You still have plenty of time for your 4 babies. <3

Gina how's everything going? How did your appointment go? Any more spotting?

Didn't go to the doctor. I took a test and it was basically negative so my hcg has gone all the way down and I'm just waiting to miscarry. They won't do anything if the urine test comes back negative so I didn't bother wasting my money. If I don't start bleeding in the next week or so I'll go in. I tried to set up a general appointment with my GP and got told I am no longer a patient because it's been so long since I've been there and that if I'm accepted they are booking out through march. So basically told them never mind and now I need to find a new GP.

Sorry to hear that :hugs: are you still taking the progesterone (were you taking it? maybe I got that wrong!)? That might be delaying AF if you are still taking it. I hope February brings a sticky BFP for you!

Thanks. Ya I was taking it. Stopped yesterday after that test. My temp already dropped below coverline today so hopefully it happens soon so I don't need to worry.

I'm so sorry Gina. I hope you get to starts a new chapter soon.

Squirrell: I'm sure your bloodwork will come back perfect, don't worry! :flower:
Bee: I agree with the rest, plenty of time! You'll have your 4 kiddo's one way or another! I understand how you feel, even though I'm only 23. But do to my history (severe anorexia from age 10-19, kidney failure because of it (restored btw), heart starting to fail etc etc) I'm sooooo worried that I fucked up my body and I will never have my 3-5 kids ideal. Man, I would give everything for just one! :hugs: We'll be fine

The bleeding stopped yesterday and was never much more than some red slimy gunk. Never a lot, which I found strange. Haven't done another test since, I can't handle that. I'm sure it's over and there is nothing we can do. But it's strange right, that the bleeding only lasted from Monday afternoon to Wednesday afternoon?
So I called the doctor for an appointment tomorrow and got the assistent on the phone. I told her that I was there Monday but was sent home because they said they wouldn't be able to help me and I would just have to sit the miscarriage out.
She said: "O yeah, the girl with the miscarriage" So I was immediately like the fuck. I told her that the bleeding stopped and was way less than my normally heavy periods.
"O well, do you think you're pregnant? I could write you down for a test"
"I don't think that is necessary since I was pregnant and started bleeding Monday."
"Then what do you want from the doctor?" (?!)
"I would like to know why it happened, whether it is really finished now and the baby is gone and I would like to know when and if we can try again or whether my body is the problem." (I was getting a bit pissed off)
And then she LAUGHED. LAUGHED. And said: "I'll just write down that you want to ask some questions."

:cry:

I'm just seeing this now, I'm sorry: Gina, I'm so sorry. I hope we'll both get our BFPs soon..
Get some rest and take it easy. :hugs:

Wow blabla that is so rude of her. I probably would have flipped on her. She has obviously never been in the situation. So sorry you had to deal with that :hugs:

That is really f'd up blabla. I would've lost it! I'm so sorry you went through that. Laughing while discussing a possible mc??? WOW there are no words.

That is really f'd up blabla. I would've lost it! I'm so sorry you went through that. Laughing while discussing a possible mc??? WOW there are no words.

I was so shocked at that. SO said she was probably laughing about something else since there was some background noise.. but she could have handled this better, since it had me in tears again. I hope the doctor is a bit better tomorrow, since we just moved so it's going to be my first time there. I hope she will order tests, similar to squirrel's and I'm hoping for a simple scan of my uterus or something since internet has been giving me nightmares about a septate uterus etc :dohh:

Blabla don't you hate the Internet sometimes? I've been worrying about ectopic as I didn't get a bfp until 20 dpo. Every twinge I'm like what's that? Is that normal? It's terrible how much you can freak yourself out sometimes. I hope the doctor is good and will order the tests and check everything even if it's just for your peace of mind. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->