46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Squirrel- I got my cycle back when my son was almost 10 months and it was crazy irregular! Some cycles were like 55 days and sometimes I skipped a few months. It took sometime for it to regulate back to normal and my body was obviously still working things out even after we weaned at 18 months my body was still doing its own thing.

I don't think you have any reason to worry, you've two kids already right? And a chemical means you can definitely get pregnant but maybe your body wasn't quite ready yet. I think it's definitely hormonal what you're going through now and not even the complicated hormonal problems.

Maybe you'll hyper ovulate soon and get your twins! :D

Hiker, that sounds like a positive experience. Fingers crossed for you! Welcome to the TWW.

And Trr, welcome to the TWW for you too! Your timing looks great. Fingers crossed you'll be getting your sticky BFP in less than two weeks!!

So I've been trying to rationalise what's been going on with my cycles and whether I should be feeling as bad as I do and as worried that something might be wrong...

So we've been trying since March last year when my periods returned while I was breastfeeding my daughter. She was 8 months old and still nursing a fair bit. That first cycle was so long and I didn't ovulate till CD60. Then on the next two cycles I didn't ovulate till CD25. I then had the chemical in August on my third cycle. I gave up breastfeeding towards the end of that cycle. I've been told by my doctor and reading online that it's quite hard for some women to get and stay pregnant while breastfeeding as it can really mess with your hormones.

So I'm wondering... should I just in my head consider the first real cycle as my first non-breastfeeding cycle in September (even then I didn't ovulate till CD22 or so, so I still wasn't regulated yet)? Which would only be four and a half months of trying instead of 10. Obviously the sadness of TTC is for the whole time we've been trying... but in terms of worrying something may be wrong... maybe I should just relax?? I don't know! I've heard it said that some women need time to regulate after breastfeeding before being able to be pregnant again... maybe my body is just like that. Certainly we didn't start trying for our second until I'd given up breastfeeding for 6 months after having my first. Maybe that's why it happened so quickly then...

Sorry for the randomness, but I've been fighting a lot of sad thoughts these past few weeks (definitely not all about TTC, other stuff too) and where I'm usually such a positive person, I'm finding it hard to not see the good in every situation. It's almost like I've forgotten how and this is an exercise in me trying to force myself to be optimistic... Thanks for listening if you've got to the end :flower:

My friend was still breastfeeding her son and got pregnant. They had problemd conceiving their first. It took them 2 years. There's hope for you hun. It's going to happen when you least expect it to.

As everybody already said, you'll get your little one, squirrel. No worries, I really think everything is fine!

Trr: I think you've got a great shot at this! I'm sure you got enough bd'ing in.

I went to the doctor this morning, but did a hpt beforehand so that I wouldn't be forced to do one there. It was completely negative and that actually made me feel relieved. I knew it was over already, but I'm happy that my body is not lingering with the HCG or anything else.

Doctor said that I didn't need to worry about anything. My cycles are regular, I've confirmed ovulation a couple of times (I don't really temp or keep track) and she also said that the past year we weren't really trying and she is right; we would just have unprotected sex every once in a while with the thought of; when it happens it happens, but it was never full on ttc and actually timing it right or making sure that our chances were maximized. Not to mention the fact that my SO sometimes has more trouble with cumming, because of DE (which is so much better now, but last year it was really 70% of the time he couldn't cum during actual intercourse. Now it is more like 10% of the time that it just doesn't happen :thumbup: ).
She said that if we were to be really trying, she doesn't see any problems and was sure that I would conceive within 6-12 months (which is normal, according to her).
She was very kind and reassured me that early miscarriages happen so often that there really isn't a point in feeling guilty; next time, it would probably be fine.

That's great news blabla. I'm glad your doctor was nicer about it than the receptionist. And she is totally right. About the fact early miscarriages are very common and that it taking 6-12 months is normal. I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'm sure next time will be a sticky bean <3

Well I think I'm out. I'm still a few days from AF showing up but my temp massively dropped. It's still above coverline but not by much.. Oh well at least i confirmed ovulation and that's half the battle. Now I just hope my cycle stays normal and we can get sperm to meet egg when the time is right

Well I think I'm out. I'm still a few days from AF showing up but my temp massively dropped. It's still above coverline but not by much.. Oh well at least i confirmed ovulation and that's half the battle. Now I just hope my cycle stays normal and we can get sperm to meet egg when the time is right

I'm sorry hun but I'd still have hope. If you implanted 10 DPO it'd be normal for your temp to drop today! How long is your LP??

I'm sorry hun but I'd still have hope. If you implanted 10 DPO it'd be normal for your temp to drop today! How long is your LP??

That's the thing, I'm not sure how long it is. I only started temping in October and I had that crazy long cycle of 65 days it ended when I took provera to bring my period on. So I'm assuming a 14 day LP would mean AF is due Tuesday so we shall see.

Also want to add that kindara (the other charting thing I use) thinks I am only 10dpo instead of 11. If so then this could be a legit implantation dip??? Either way AF will either show or I will get a BFP. Just gotta see what my temps do tmrw. Just hope I end up with a normal LP either way it turns out

Thanks ladies. I was feeling very down yesterday, so sorry for the self pitying ramble!!

Blabla: great that your doctor was really nice and isn't worried. I think for the whole "one year is normal" for trying the couple need to be having unprotected sex two to three times every week or something like that. Has your partner decided whether he wants to try again yet?

Texas: lots of factors can make temps shoot down. Don't count yourself out yet! Hopefully it'll come back up tomorrow again.

9dpo today and temp flatlining. I know that doesn't really mean anything and the cycle I got my BFP with Isla my temp flatlined around the same number. Wish it would jump up though :haha: still no symptoms. Found it hard not to test this morning. May have to crack tomorrow on 10dpo :/

texas - hoping that you're still in this month! keeping my FX for you :hugs:

squirrel - hope you are feeling a bit better. don't apologize about feeling down! some days of the TTC journey are just really, really hard. It's such a rollercoaster. sometimes it just randomly hits me. Obv I've never BFed but honestly, I would count the time from TTC from when you did start, not from when your cycles normalized. But I see where you are coming from. I go back and forth about that too since I started in March, got pregnant right away, then had to take some time off . But reading that "taking charge of your fertility" book really made me impatient. And it all depends on what you believe but her stance was that if you are charting and perfectly timing intercourse for 4 months without getting pregnant, then it's time to ask some questions. Again it's all what you believe (I had mentioned this in another thread and I think some didn't take too kindly to it) but after reading the book fully I tended to agree with her logic. It never hurts to seek out answers and you are doing just that. Luckily, you've had 2 successful pregnancies before so I think that helps others sit tight. Basically my point is that I am more impatient than most and am therefore no help! lol :haha:

we've all held off on testing this TWW ! woo hoo! lol my silly urge to has even disappeared. I had my echo this morning but obv don't know any results yet. It's an ultrasound on your heart so it was def hard to be having that type of ultrasound instead of the one I want... :cry: I noticed when she was pressing on my left bb that it was hurting. So not sure if they are sore (still feel so now) in general or from her doing that. all in all the ultrasound lasted an hour so it could very well be from that.... in my excitement I thought that my obgyn appt was next week but it's actually the week after. :dohh: so just PCP next week. sigh. I'm SO ready to get this show.on.the.road. :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

temp went down a little today. waiting for it to continue dropping. staying in all weekend - supposed to snow and we are dogsitting my best friend's puppy. just going to cook and read and relax and hope this is the last time I get AF.

FX for all the others! xx

hi ladies. I've been silently reading along the past few days and I just now realized how excited I'm getting for those of you about to test. I just know that I'll come on here one morning and get to see a bfp, or a couple of them. I just cannot wait!! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you ladies. When are you all planning on testing (if you haven't yet)?

afm: I've been taking some time to myself and making plans on home decorating and converting our spare bedroom into a home office since we're currently not trying. I realized that I have waaay too much time on my hands these days since DH and I aren't ttc. Like really. I actually made my dog an instagram account lol. I need to find something productive to do, or get an actual hobby.

Trixie: sounds like a good plan! TTC can become an obsession and it's a great idea to fill your time with something constructive!

Well BFN today on 10dpo. I shouldn't have tested. I know I'm not pregnant, but I have such a POAS problem!! There's also a chance I'm 9dpo as my temp for what FF has as 1dpo is very unreliable and could be virtually the same as the day before, but I wanted to see crosshairs so put in the higher temp. Either way, it's irrelevant as I know it hasn't worked again. I have this deep feeling of dread. I just feel this TTC journey is going to get a lot more complicated for us before we get a happy ending :(

Edit: I've decided to put the lower temp in to my chart for CD16. I had a really disrupted night's sleep (so so disrupted, neither kid slept!). I took my temp after many times awake in the night at around 6am. It was 36.13. I then had another hour or two of very disrupted sleep and took my temp around 8:30 and got 26.33. Obviously neither is reliable, but I put the higher one in. I should have used the lower one, even though neither is reliable. I don't know if I ovulated CD15 or CD16, so I don't know if I'm 9 or 10dpo. Either way it shouldn't matter, I know I'm not pregnant.

I'm 11dpiui and when I got out of the shower this morning a wave of nausea hit me. I had to lay down for a bit. I'm not expecting any miracles, but I'm testing tomorrow.

I'm not testing... I woke up this morning to bleeding. Just waiting to see if it develops into AF so I can mark it on my chart... I only had an 11 day LP if I use fertility friends O date and 10 day LP if I use kindara... I'm already taking B-complex guess I will see what else I can take to help it.. That's a little short isn't it?

Texas- maybe talk to a dr about low progesterone. That may help lengthen your lp since af doesn't come until you stop taking it. I'm sorry af showed :hugs:.

So I don't know why but it seems I need to have a 12 hr hold for tests. Bee, you can officially put me as a :bfp: my temps still suck but this morning I got this!!

Attachments

• 20160123_091148.jpg
    20160123_091148.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 10
I'm not sure what kinds of tests he ran in December but they came back normal so idk if he tested those or not? I will keep doing my bbt and see what he says when i go back to see him in February

So I don't know why but it seems I need to have a 12 hr hold for tests. Bee, you can officially put me as a :bfp: my temps still suck but this morning I got this!!

Oh wow that's awesome!!!! I don't think temps matter anymore. As long as you aren't bleeding I wouldn't worry. Congrats!

Wow Gina! Congrats!

Smille: that's a great sign, fingers crossed it's an indication a BFP is winging its way over to you!

Texas: sorry AF got you :hugs: hopefully your LP will start to get longer. There are a few other supplements you can take as well as the VitB to try and help. VitC and soy isoflavones off the top of my head, but there are more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->