46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Squirrel- Your chart looks wonderful hun! Dip and rise like classic implantation! The cycle I got my BFP was the cycle I was least positive about, it was the worst cycle I've had since we started TTC.
I really like how life humbled us! Oh you think you know better!? No you don't!
Sending baby dust your way.

Gina- I'm so sorry, definitely find another doctor who isn't crazy busy and hopefully they'd be able to shed some light on why this is happening.

Bee- Squirrel has a great point. Once you have the first your cervix will always be open 1 cm! That's so much space for sperm to run in there and party. My aunt was infertile for 5 years and ended up having 4 kids.

Blabla- How so rude of her! I understand she gets that all the time but still have some compassion, I'm not sure about the culture in Europe but here in the US we love any chance we get to complain! She doesn't need to mock or laugh at your pain just because she doesn't understand it. I'm glad the bleeding is stopping. Are you going to get back to TTC or will wait until exams are over?

I know so many of you are nearing the end of your tww and I'm thinking of every one of you!

Gina: I hate it so much right now!
I hope you'll get a better, more comfortable doctor soon!

Campn: Dutchies love to complain (I think we are internationally known for our bitching haha), but I always shut down. Never know what to say until way after :dohh:
SO wants to think about it, so we're going to discuss it on the 28th; his birthday and the end of my exams :) I hope he still wants it, he says he is leaning towards yes, but he is such a nitwit when it comes to emotions or tact. He usually first says whatever he thinks I want to hear and then changes his mind. So we'll see :shrug:

How are you doing? Still tired?

Blabla- I wouldn't have been able to say anything out of pure shock and then I would find another doctor. That is awful the way she treated you.

Gina- I am so sorry honey. I would also be looking for a new doctor in your situation. I hope everything works out for you and you get a sticky bean soon.

Afm I only have 4 more days of my TWW. Temp is still up so that's good but it wasn't as high as yesterday... Oh well time will tell

Gina- I agree. The fact that your dr office shows no concern for your situation is awful.

This tww is DRAGGING. I am starting to lose patience and want to test so badly.

I agree smille I want to test so bad too! But I'm going to do my best to wait 4 more days... Or at least till Saturday! Which is 12dpo

hi girls!

thank you all for your kind words, support and sharing of success stories. I always love to hear of others' successes - it gives me hope <3 I think if we don't continue to have trouble after the first, then we should be fine! And it's definitely a good point that the cervix should be much more open after a baby :thumbup:

blab - I cannot believe the lady on the phone! that is truly horrible and I'm sorry you had to experience that :hugs: the bleeding does seem rather light and it's always a good idea to go in and be safe rather than sorry. the only piece of advice I can offer through my experience is that if HPTs are turning up negative then you should be good. so maybe take another for piece of mind while you wait to see dr? :hugs:

gina - I would def recommend seeing a doctor and getting some answers. could you get in with your obgyn?

texas - chart is looking FAB! even with the small temp drop - I'm an AVID chart stalker on FFs gallery and it's really looking great :thumbup: and like you said, it's great as is that you DEF o'ed this month and nice and early too! :happydance:

smille - it is getting hard not to test. I had been so good not testing at all the past few cycles, but I'm itching to throw up a hail mary now for some reason lol :haha: maybe it's because I actually tested last month and am itching for more masochistic torture :shrug: :haha:GL holding out and even more luck for when you do test!

squirrel - FX for you! I'm hoping that we get a 4 for 4 with us TWW quads, but it's gotta be at least of few of us, right?! 7 days will prob feel like forever waiting for blood results :coffee: I'm sure they will come back normal as everything in your charts always looks great and normal. But then it's frustrating because you also want an answer. I'm personally terrified of "unexplained infertility". My friend went through that 3 years ago and the docs were just throwing random things at her to try. She finally got pregnant doing nothing. :shrug:

camp - <3 sperm can go up and party all they want! love it! :haha:

post o temps are doing their thing - which in my case, is nothing :coffee::haha: I looked up stable/flat post O temps and they just seem to be a sign of stability in progesterone. If only my pre O temps were as stable - those can be all over the place :dohh: echo is tomorrow AM then 2 appts next week - pcp echo review and obgyn! :happydance: getting really anxious about the obgyn - haven't been sleeping well. So scared that it's going to be scarring and so scared that it isn't. so I'm just on edge. It can't come soon enough.

Bee my GP always acted as my OB. She was an OB in India but doesn't practice here but can do paps which is all I've ever needed. My mom gave me the name of her OBs son as her OB retired but his son took over the practice. I'm just not sure if I want a male doctor. I think I'd prefer a woman. So I have to do some research on the doctors around here.

I prefer a woman too. I always went to women but when I was pregnant they had me seeing all of the docs, especially once shit went down lol :haha: But would still be nice to get in starting with a woman! I just feel like they know way more than a man ever can because they actually have one (lol) and have went through the stuff too.

Exactly! I feel like women are more sympathetic because they actually know what your going through even if they have never had children they understand the worry and the instincts. Men just know what they have learned. I'm sure they are plenty qualified and probably great doctors but they just can never fully relate.

I agree, but I also have to admit that I've never been to a gynecologist, let alone have an exam down there.
Never really knew that you could unless there was a problem. Also, nobody ever told me I had to :blush:

Actually my last OB was a woman and quite frankly I liked her until I had some issues with my cycles last year and she didn't even do bloodwork etc just called in clomid and didn't monitor etc. So I think she's an idiot now. Of course she's done delivering babies now so maybe she just doesn't care??? My new OB is a man and was very thorough and helpful. I like him and I feel like he knows what he is talking about.

Ladies I totally agree with the female doctors, but really even male doctors should be great, I've noticed that sometimes female doctors think you're over-reacting since they're also women so they're quick to say "oh that's nothing" the male doctors tend to believe you.

When I was going into labor I called the hospital and the on call doctor was a woman and she totally brushed me off since she thought I'm just over reacting. I had my son the next day!

Once you give birth, not many things in life embarrass you.

When I was pregnant with my dd, I went to the hospital bc I was having contractions. The male dr said "you're in the beginning stage of labor but go home, rest and come tomorrow. Your dr will be back in town to deliver." I was furious. I was in pain all night and crying. We went to the hospital 1st thing in the morning and had her 4 hrs later.

Men can't sympathize and women think we're crazy lol.

Smille- They really tend to not listen to first time moms! It's ridiculous cause you're obviously in active labor! I was so scared when I started contractions that they'd send me home so I tried to say home as long as possible, when I got to the hospital I was already 4 cms.

Blabla: I'm so sorry the woman at your doctor's spoke to you like that on the phone! How insensitive (even if she was laughing at something else). I'd make a complaint! I loved he straight talking of the Dutch when I was in NL. Coming to the UK after growing up Dutch was really really weird! Everyone said sorry for absolutely everything!!! Even if you bumped into them by accident, they say sorry! I've become more like that now and am one of the 'sorry for everything' people myself, but in the beginning it was very odd!

Gina: how annoying your GP is that busy! I hope you don't have too much trouble finding another one.

Bee: your temps look amazing g and stable! Great indicator of good progesterone levels! I really hope we see 4 BFPs by Monday!! As you say, I feel there must be one in there somewhere.

Campn: I hope you're right and even though this cycle feels like a failure it turns into a BFP after all!

Fellow soon to be testers, after saying how I don't feel the urge at all this morning, I very nearly cracked this afternoon! I had an out of the blue urge to test! I think it was after seeing a really heavily pregnant woman standing next to a woman with newborn twins in a pram in the supermarket (though they weren't together, just standing g there by chance). Made me want to go home and test and hope for a BIg fat twins positive :haha:

I am waiting in anticipation for all your BFPs this upcoming week.

1dpo- think I missed my last chance to get those spermies in there yesterday before my cervix shut its doors. I had very positive OPKs yesterday at 2pm and I always ovulate the same day. With the bd before o and on o day I'm hoping that was enough. I'll start testing at 8dpo like a crazy lady :)

I am waiting in anticipation for all your BFPs this upcoming week.

1dpo- think I missed my last chance to get those spermies in there yesterday before my cervix shut its doors. I had very positive OPKs yesterday at 2pm and I always ovulate the same day. With the bd before o and on o day I'm hoping that was enough. I'll start testing at 8dpo like a crazy lady :)

I really think you have an awesome shot! You definitely got enough bd in. Fxd for you!

Hi all! Just an update as today I had my first IUI ever. It went well!

(Forgive me as this is a copy from another thread I'm on, but I wanted to update you guys here too :) I actually managed to squeeze it in during my lunch break, which was only slightly insane to do so...but I did.

So this morning I did another OPK. Still positive, but the one line was only slightly lighter than yesterday. The doctor and nurse were both very positive and encouraging. The doctor did remind me that this only has 10% chance of working.

It was interesting how they ensure it's the right sperm. First, they only ever do one at a time in their machine. Next, my hubby had to write his and my name on his sample cup. They then transfer that into a tube with our names on it, and that is what is brought into the exam room. I had to sign of course that all this was confirmed, but here's to putting trust in the lab for that! Oh and his number was like 56 or something. Not sure if that's good - but the doctor said it was "just fine."

The doctor was really kind and said on his way out, "I hope you are one of our success stories."

Only thing left to do is our genetic counselor appt on Monday, then I have to get a blood test in one week for progesterone, then FX for no period a week later! So I'm not going to lie, I do have my hopes up!!

Hiker, that sounds like a positive experience. Fingers crossed for you! Welcome to the TWW.

And Trr, welcome to the TWW for you too! Your timing looks great. Fingers crossed you'll be getting your sticky BFP in less than two weeks!!

So I've been trying to rationalise what's been going on with my cycles and whether I should be feeling as bad as I do and as worried that something might be wrong...

So we've been trying since March last year when my periods returned while I was breastfeeding my daughter. She was 8 months old and still nursing a fair bit. That first cycle was so long and I didn't ovulate till CD60. Then on the next two cycles I didn't ovulate till CD25. I then had the chemical in August on my third cycle. I gave up breastfeeding towards the end of that cycle. I've been told by my doctor and reading online that it's quite hard for some women to get and stay pregnant while breastfeeding as it can really mess with your hormones.

So I'm wondering... should I just in my head consider the first real cycle as my first non-breastfeeding cycle in September (even then I didn't ovulate till CD22 or so, so I still wasn't regulated yet)? Which would only be four and a half months of trying instead of 10. Obviously the sadness of TTC is for the whole time we've been trying... but in terms of worrying something may be wrong... maybe I should just relax?? I don't know! I've heard it said that some women need time to regulate after breastfeeding before being able to be pregnant again... maybe my body is just like that. Certainly we didn't start trying for our second until I'd given up breastfeeding for 6 months after having my first. Maybe that's why it happened so quickly then...

Sorry for the randomness, but I've been fighting a lot of sad thoughts these past few weeks (definitely not all about TTC, other stuff too) and where I'm usually such a positive person, I'm finding it hard to not see the good in every situation. It's almost like I've forgotten how and this is an exercise in me trying to force myself to be optimistic... Thanks for listening if you've got to the end :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->