46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Pomp- Soy didn't effect my temps too much but I did get my BFP first cycle trying them so I'm very hopeful for you!!

Gina- Def looks like you ovulated! When do you travel to Italy!??

Bee- Your chart does look great hun, sorry you're having trouble sleeping the slightest things going in my life make my sleep so so bad but your temps are still so high! I also try not to judge what anyone says to me but that lady's tone wasn't at all friendly, she even said why would you go get a scan at 16 weeks that's too early and how it's beyond her. Just very rude over all, it's not like I'm using her money to get a scan. I could never talk to anyone like that offline or online. She has 2 boys so I'm hoping she just doesn't know how a girl should look like down there.

Drum- I think it's smart to get it all done early on! I know if I waited until the end I would panic but maybe cause I'm just so impatient. What theme did you pick!? Make sure to upload some pictures!

Squirrel- I hope your talk with your mom goes great, has she been supportive about it all? I know money is a pretty sensitive subject for some people but I hope she's more than willing to help you out a bit so you can give her more beautiful grandkids!

I'm sorry if I missed anyone! <3

oh camp - she just sounds awful. sounds like she might be a little jelly and prob wants a girl for herself. Juliette doesn't need that drama!

Fingers crossed peskipiksee!
Pompeyvix: Could be the soy, but for me strange temps would usually occur right after AF. Closer to O it would mellow out and be normal/expected for the rest of the cycle. 8 day LP is pretty short, you could take a vit-b complex (especially for b6 I believe) to help with that? I don't know if that's true btw, just something I see coming back on this forum :)

Thanks for this, perhaps it's because I had AF and I am also not sleeping brilliantly.
I have been taking B6 and B complex now for 3 months and it's not made any difference whatsoever! :(

Aww I'm sorry! It's short but it doesn't have to be a problem when you do get pregnant though, that's really hard to say. I heard that some people with a short LP get progesterone etc to help, but I'm not really sure of its effectiveness. Your doctor wouldn't really take you seriously on this right (or am I mixing people up now :haha:)? Sorry that going private is so costly for you (well, for anyone I think).
Wouldn't it be possible to file a complaint and get a new consultant that way? I know that NHS is NHS, but you could just be dealing with a b****. Someone else might be way more understanding!

Yes this as me you are referring about! I am going to my GP on Friday. My plan is to beg her for some progesterone as I think that will help. I worry I am not producing enough progesterone in the second half of my cycle which is why my AF comes so soon. But I am just guessing as I have no idea as to why my lp is so short. I wil try and see if the Dr is willing to refer me again to a different consultant to try and get a different opinion. I have very few hopes though!

O Drum that theme sounds really beautiful! Please post pictures when it's done. I would love the link to the stencils, if you would be so kind!

Pompeyvix: Have you ever taken OPKs from the moment your AF was done? Maybe that surge you had last month at day 21 was a secondary non-ovulation surge (it happens sometimes)?
You probably have and know exactly that you do ovulate that late.. so I'm sorry if it comes across as rude. Just trying to come up with some reasons/explanations :hugs:

Pompey: sorry this cycle is messing you around! An 8 day luteal phase must be very difficult. Have you started taking vitamin B6? Supposedly it helps, but with me it massively delayed my ovulation. As for NHS support with TTC, I don't know what it's like where you are, but here, I was told that as I have children, I wouldn't get any help from NhS beyond basic tests. Not even a consultation. I hope it's different where you are as private is so ridiculously expensive!!

I have been taking B6 for 3 months now and it's not making any difference whatsoever. I take 100mg of B6 and then B Complex to go with it. I've heard this is the magical luteal phase lengthener - sadly not for me :(

I was told similar re the NHS and having a child already. I was told things like IVF etc are a big no no, but they would investigate problems and they would prescribe things like clomid / progesterone etc if needed. I have been under the consultant since October, but was told I wouldn't be going back at my appointment 2 weeks ago because allegedly there is "nothing wrong" with either of us, despite my short luteal phase. Frustrated is an understatement!!

If all the natural herbs and vitamins don't work , it looks like I will have to go private, but we don't have the funds for IVF or anything else invasive sadly.

Pompeyvix: Have you ever taken OPKs from the moment your AF was done? Maybe that surge you had last month at day 21 was a secondary non-ovulation surge (it happens sometimes)?
You probably have and know exactly that you do ovulate that late.. so I'm sorry if it comes across as rude. Just trying to come up with some reasons/explanations :hugs:

To be fair , I haven't. But then I don't get a temp jump or EWCM or anything like that. I started OPks between days 10 and 12. I am CD 9 today, so I will start them tomorrow just in case :)
I don't think you are rude at all, I am wiling to listen to ideas and am open to anything really, within reason!

gina - you certainly do have an interesting chart! I wonder what your CD21 bloods will show? I am getting mine done again later this cycle as like you I wonder if I have low progesterone. I am interested in what your temps come back like.
Also, are you going to Italy? If so, where? I see another poster make a comment about that. We are going to Italy in June and I cannot wait!

Bee - I've only been temping one month, but have been doing OPKs longer and my luteal phase seems consistent. Even when I wasn't ovulating last year, my body was trying to ovulate around CD21 and then AF would start 8 days later :(
Sorry you didn't sleep well last night, I know that feeling well! You sure seem t be keeping busy though! I hope this month is your lucky month though and you do get a BFP!
BTW - how can femara help with progesterone? And what is fermara?

Squirrel - I am glad your Son got into the school you wanted , what a relief! It sounds like he will be getting the support he needs, which is fantastic.
I hope the chat with your mum goes well tonight :hugs:

Texas - I am sorry you got the temp drop of death this morning :hugs: I wonder what on earth all the spotting was about ?!

Kitty - sorry you had a BFN. Although there is always hope until Af actually arrives.

peskipiksee - I really hope that's the start of stronger lines for you and your BFP!! fingers crossed :)

blab - your scan date will come round so quickly! do you have a gut feeling as to whether it's a boy or girl?

I am going with Bees assumption of weak ovulation. Basically I O'd late and then I didn't have a good enough progesterone since the egg wasn't fully developed and I spotted cause the progesterone dropped off too early. But oddly I have had no spotting today??? Just weird that it did it for 4 days and now nothing. Hoping AF shows tomorrow so at least my temp drop means something otherwise I will be totally confused!

Pomp- Maybe your doctor can prescribe femara!? Like bee said it could help with any progesterone problems you have. Has your LP always been this short? It could be a temporary thing?

Pesk- I hope this is your BFP!! Do you have a picture!? Some of us have really good like eyes *wink,wink*

I can't keep up on here. Pompey and campn, I leave for italy in 3 weeks on the 11th. We are going to rome, florence, Venice, and Milan. I'm super excited!

Pompey, an 8 day LP is definitely not good but I have heard of women still getting pregnant with short LPs like that so there is definitely still hope. You just have to hope to implant early. Hope you find something that will do the trick!

I can't keep up on here. Pompey and campn, I leave for italy in 3 weeks on the 11th. We are going to rome, florence, Venice, and Milan. I'm super excited!

Pompey, an 8 day LP is definitely not good but I have heard of women still getting pregnant with short LPs like that so there is definitely still hope. You just have to hope to implant early. Hope you find something that will do the trick!

Eat some yummy cannolis for me! I had a dream about them last night for some weird reason and now I'm craving them so bad! Are you guys sure you don't need a third wheel!?? ;)

Bee- $120 is a bargain! We were charged $700. I wonder why the cost is substantially different when they're so close in proximity.

Campn- that woman sounds rude. I'd just brush her off. Some people don't know how to communicate with others.

Drum- my dh thinks we're having a boy, but wants another girl. He loves that our dd is a daddy's girl. I thought it was a boy originally, but now I feel like it's a girl. I have 4 pregnant friends right now who are all having girls so I feel doubtful that a boy is in the cards for us.

Bla No worries! Will be sending the link soon through PM.

Campn we decided to do Starry Night so at the moment everything has a bright blue base, we'll either go with yellow/white accents for a girl or darker blues for a boy. Have you already decided on Juliette's?

Smille You might be surprised! I hope you get what you're wanting. I am so excited to see what you're having.

Gina congratulations again that is so exciting!

Smille - that is so odd that there are so many differences. Perhaps I misunderstood her. The iuis are actually free for us since they are covered. We were talking about how we couldn't believe our luck and that's when she mentioned that it was only 120 if our insurance hadn't covered it, but that didn't sound right. We even questioned it and she said all that needs paid for is the sperm washing. It's a mystery! But 700 eek glad you only had to do it once! Hope squirrel is getting the money as we speak :)

So my guesses are in ladies - smille and blab I'm guessing boys. Drum- I'm guessing girl. You guys can go ahead and take the exact opposite of those since I was dead wrong with jgo and camp lol

Teeny -'love the new pic !!!

I think blabla is having a boy too!

Smille I think you're having a girl

And Drum boy!

It's hard to guess if I don't see ultrasound pictures though!

Bee- I always guess correct with my own babies, but then I change my mind! Like this doubt gets to me! With DS I was convinced he's a boy then I said no it's a girl, and this time I was convinced it's a girl then I said no it's a boy. I've no trust for my instincts at all.

Edit to add: I always forget to answer someone, I'm sorry!
Drum, I think butterflies and owls or is that too corny!? With DS we went with a jungle theme with safari animals it was my proudest moment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 9
Bee DH will be singing your praises if your right lol.

Campn not at all! There are so many ways to do it and all the colors to pick from! You'll have a blast! His room was adorable!

Thanks for the guesses ladies. Either way we'll be thrilled, but I'm pretty sure dh and I are on opposite teams right now.

With dd we did a jungle theme. With this one I want to do woodland creatures.

Bee- We would've rather paid the $700 multiple times than the $20k for ivf. I'm so happy that your insurance covers it. Ours apparently doesn't believe in helping people have babies. I know you're feeling out, but I felt out too. I still have hope for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->