46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Squirel, your chart is looking pretty awesome right now! X

Bee, I hope you're enjoying those travels. X

Well it's official...we're team pink! Everything looked great and she is extremely active.

Yay Smille! Nothing like a sister <3 - I have two and we are all close in age (less than 4 years between us all!)

OMFG, I've just got a BFP. I'm in total shock and I'm shaking. 21 months TTC and here it is....

HUGE Congrats Pompey!!! :happydance:

Pompey- Huge congrats!!!!!! It's so well deserved after such a long journey.

Thank you ladies. I have to admit I was a little disappointed, but I believe it will work out better. I feel awful for that feeling bc we overcame so much, but it happens. Dd is so excited and hopefully they'll be close, even with such a large age gap. My dh is over the moon like he won the lottery or something lol. Literally everyone I know (5 or 6 women) who are pregnant are having girls late summer/early fall. I also wanted a sister growing up.

huge congrats pompey!

smille - i totally understand how you felt. I really wanted a girl again, but got a boy this time. Although i'm sure he's going to be amazing and lovely i've had a hard time bonding with him. especially since my body has been in so much pain with this pregnancy. I also always wanted a sister, and so wanted to give that to dd. I had a brother and he was SO lame its' not even funny. So i hope he's nothing like my brother. and the difference is dd actually wanted a brother so at least she's getting what she wants.

Pomp- Congrats hun! Can't even imagine ttcing this long but you made it and that is all that matters!! <3

Smille- I completely understand hun, if this baby was a boy I honestly would have taken it hard cause it's always been my dream to have a daughter. People who think you must be just happy for getting pregnant are heartless. It doesn't mean you won't have disappointments or bonding problems. Give it time to sink in and once you go shopping a few times I bet you'll feel better :) I was all hooked once I got a few cutsey outfits for the baby!

Aww Smille, that is so normal and has NOTHING to do with how long and how hard the journey was. Of course you love and adore your baby girl, but it is okay that you expected or hoped for a boy a bit. Plus, because of the age gap, your DD1 will be all over that little baby sister, trust me. She'll be a mini mom in no time!
:hugs:

My dd id definitely happy. As soon as she got on the bus this morning she shouted "I'm having a sister!" It's sinking in now.

My dd id definitely happy. As soon as she got on the bus this morning she shouted "I'm having a sister!" It's sinking in now.

Awww that is so sweet!!! I'm glad I'm having one of each but I often think of how they won't have a sibling of the same gender so they may never be that close to each other or feel lonely. Your girls won't have that, they probably will never even fight due to their age difference.

Pompey- Huge congrats!!!!!! It's so well deserved after such a long journey.

Thank you ladies. I have to admit I was a little disappointed, but I believe it will work out better. I feel awful for that feeling bc we overcame so much, but it happens. Dd is so excited and hopefully they'll be close, even with such a large age gap. My dh is over the moon like he won the lottery or something lol. Literally everyone I know (5 or 6 women) who are pregnant are having girls late summer/early fall. I also wanted a sister growing up.

My mum and her sister are 8 years apart and are thick as thieves, even now at 50 and 58 :) I wouldn't worry about the gap!!

Smille: it's totally understandable to have moments of disappointment when you find out you're not having the gender you'd had a preference for. Regardless of how long you've been trying, it's okay to feel that. Anyone who tells you that you should just be grateful for being pregnant and not have any moments of sadness are ridiculous human beings. It's very normal to have a gender preference for whatever reason and very normal to feel a little or even a lot disappointed when you don't get to have that gender. That doesn't change how much you will love your child when they arrive and anyone who judges women for gender disappointment needs to get of their self-righteous pedestal and come and live in the real world with the rest of us. When I was pregnant with Oscar I wanted a girl first. I wanted at least one of each by the time we were done having kids, but that first baby, with him being unexpected as well, I desperately wanted a girl first. I had built myself up to think it was definitely a girl and so when we had the scan at 18 weeks and he first thing I saw when the wand went over my stomach was his penis and scrotum, I felt my heart sink. I didn't speak for those first few minutes while he doctor checked out whether he was okay and when he asked us if we wanted to know the gender I told him it looked like a boy, to which the doctor emphatically agreed and showed us the 'proof' as it were. I felt my heart sink and I stayed quite sad for a couple of days. It didn't take long before I grieved the daughter that I was sure I was having and then threw myself whole-heartedly into the idea of having a little boy instead. By the end of the week I was so excited about meeting him and had bought him some gorgeous little clothes that really helped me visualise having a little boy.

So 8dpo and temp came down a little again today (was hoping it would stay high like last cycle), but we slept with the window open and the room was cold his morning, so maybe it was just that. Random twinges in my uterus, but not much else. I know I'm a late implanter so I wouldn't expect a BFP till the evening of 10dpo at the earliest with 11dpo the most likely. That means inplantation wouldn't even happen till tomorrow if I were pregnant, so I shouldn't even be looking for symptoms right now. I genuinely don't feel too optimistic about this cycle.

I'm like you squirell- im not feeling too positive about this cycle either... The nipple pain is still there though so I guess that's a decent sign. My left hip was super achey last night too. I imagine AF will come next week just like normal though...

I want one of each gender but ifi have another girl it will be fine too. I just want another baby to love and hold. I really hope it happens for us eventually. I mean geez the odds are in our favor to get pregnant since apparently very few couples are just totally unable to conceive.

Pompey! Congrats on your BFP!

Squirrel- That's exactly how I felt, I had to *grieve* losing my daughter in a way. I've a long thread about it on here and I had so much support from ladies on BnB and that helped so much. Had I kept it all inside and was too ashamed to admit it would have only gotten worse.

Your temps aren't too high BUT they're high and they're stable! I'm sure sleeping with the window open also messes up with them, I really expect a few BFPS here in the next week or so! I would start preparing a nursery ;)

Squirrel- your post made me tear up. Thank you (all of you) for your kind words. I wanted at least 1 of each gender due to the fact that we may never conceive again. Idk if I'm willing to go through what we went through again, especially after being told ivf was our only option if iui failed and that's out of the question. Seeing my dd and dh being happy makes me happy. Once we start shopping it will change my perspective. This is the 2nd time we were convinced it was a boy and we got a girl. My dh said next time we'll say it's a girl and possibly get a boy lol. I am very excited for you to test. Yes, the colder temp can impact your chart. Assuming that, your temp would probably be close to yesterday's. I really have a lot of hope for this cycle. I keep praying for you ladies and I'm completely sincere about that.

Bee- we miss you. I hope you're having a great time!

Smille :hugs: I know it will get easier but I am so sorry you did not get the gender you wanted. It is nice that everyone else got what they wanted but your feelings matter too. My thoughts are with you hun. I do hope you get as many children as you and your family want, and a very handsome little man in the future.

Pompey congratulations hun!!!! I am so happy for you!! Have a H&H 9 months.

Squirrel Don't count yourself out yet! Even from the little I know your chart is still looking amazing. I am so excited for you and for this cycle and have so much hope for you. I cannot wait to see that bfp!

TeX for some reason this thing cut my post, but I am thinking of you too. Your temps are amazing, your timing was perfect and your symptoms are so promising! I know this TTC journey can be your worst enemy but your BFP is coming hun, I know it.

Smille :hugs: I know it will get easier but I am so sorry you did not get the gender you wanted. It is nice that everyone else got what they wanted but your feelings matter too. My thoughts are with you hun. I do hope you get as many children as you and your family want, and a very handsome little man in the future.

I'm ok with having another girl, I promise. Yesterday I was a little disappointed, stunned really but today I'm ok. I definitely think it was for the best so my dd has a best bud.

Smille- I'm glad it's sinking in already! There's always an initial shock whether it was boy or girl! I'm still wrapping my head around "it's a girl!".

Squirrel- Beautiful avatar picture hun! You are just gawjus!! *heart eyes for dayzzz*

Bee- Thinking of you!!!

I do understand gender disappointment Smilie, but I am glad you feel better about it now :hugs: I would like another girl if this bean is sticky as I would love my Daughter to have a sister to grow up with. But if it is a boy, I know he will be loved and adored, just like I do Anabella. It may just take a while to get my head around that.

You're symptoms and timing sound really promising Texas. I hope that means a nice BFP :)

Squirrel, - try not too be too down this cycle. There is nothing suggesting it isn't a successful one, so try and keep positive. Your temps may not be really high, but that doesn't mean you won't get a BFP.

Thanks everyone for your support, it is really appreciated :)

I am ever so cautious, as I am only 11 DPO today, so proper proper early days. I ovulated late (CD23) , so although I am technically 5 weeks pregnant on Sunday, I know conception occurred much later than what is deemed normal.

I am absolutely convinced it is all down to the thyroid medication I am on. When I went for my thyroid check up back in April, it was considered within normal ranges, but the TSH level was 4 and should be between 1 & 2 for TTC. The GP RELUCTANTLY increased my dose from 50mg to 75mg. Within 2 days my temps evened out - they were all over the place before which is a sign that the thyroid isn't functioning at it's optimal level - and then a BFP. There are links to a short luteal phase with thyroid issues, so again, I am sure it's not a coincidence that as soon as my dose is upped, it impacts on everything else. This could have been sorted a long time ago, but hey ho, it is what it is!

I honestly didn't think the test today would be positive. I have NO symptoms or signs of pregnancy at all. With Anabella I had very sore boobs early on and I kinda just knew I was pregnant. With this one, it came out of the blue (apart from signs on my TTC chart). On Monday I had a huge temperature drop and AF type cramps, so I assumed my period was imminent. I am now convinced that this was implantation cramps, which makes sense given the timing of the temp drop. Today I feel tired, but I think that's more from having a very busy day at work yesterday (I worked from 8.45am-7.15pm, with an hours drive there and back) and then being awake since 6.30am this morning all excited because my test was positive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->