46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Yeah I heard the story. I think the mom may have not been paying attention. Maybe she was. I wasn't there, so I don't judge and it's just a sad and scary situation. Worst nightmare for a mom I think, either way. I hate how people just go about judging immediately and some of the comments disgusted me. :(
I don't think the gorilla meant to harm the child and I'm sad it got shot.. but honestly, they couldn't just risk getting the child out of there normally or sedating the gorilla. Usually takes time and some animals get scared/aggressive after such a sedative.One bad arm swing from a gorilla and the kid could have died. They couldn't risk it and that sucks.. but that doesn't mean you have to blame the mother.. Blegh. People.

TTC- They probably sent you to a place that has a better ultrasound machine since the ultrasound needs to be accurate. My insurance covered it too, I think we paid $50 or so.

Yeah I also read the tranquilizer wouldn't have worked. I just feel bad that they're shaming the mom cause her son just survived what could have been a horrible death.

Campn- We use to live down in Cincinnati and know exactly what you're talking about. I read that the boy fell down the hill into the exhibit. They didn't tranquilize the gorilla bc it would've taken 15 min to kick in and they feared the gorilla would get upset and kill the child. Unfortunately, to save the boy's life, the gorilla had to be killed. People are going crazy (especially PITA). I think they did the right thing. We had something similar happen in Pittsburgh a couple of yrs ago. A parent sat her son up on a fence to see the wild dogs and he fell in. He was mauled to death.

Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't been checking in as much lately. I'm in that boring bit of my cycle and now with my husband not even here (he left for tour this morning), I am trying not to think about TTC as much this week. I've also been pretty upset by something that happened off-site by a member here, so I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself :haha: I'll be back to checking in more regularly and replying to people properly soon.

I'm thinking of all you beautiful-pregnant-mamas and all you gorgeous-beautiful-pregnant-mamas-to-be-(very-very-very-soon!!!!!).

xx

Smille- Thank you. I thought human lives had more value?
Seaworld here had an idiot drunk man jump into the orcas tank after hours and of course the orca killed him. Nothing happened to the orca, and I didn't feel that sorry for the man cause he's pretty stupid to think he can pet a killer whale!

Tonight has been rough. I gagged as I ate dinner. I feel like crap and I don't want to get off the couch. Ugh!!!

Smille- Thank you. I thought human lives had more value?
Seaworld here had an idiot drunk man jump into the orcas tank after hours and of course the orca killed him. Nothing happened to the orca, and I didn't feel that sorry for the man cause he's pretty stupid to think he can pet a killer whale!

Yeah really, how stupid can you be? Wild animals are unpredictable no matter how friendly they look.

TTC- Big hug!! I've had so many days like that this pregnancy. On Easter I threw up lamb (oh the horror) and while I was uncontrollably throwing up, I peed my pants.

Then I threw up 3 times after that. Right after I sat down happily in bed with DH to watch a movie. Threw up on my blanket, sheet, pillow and even got my MacBook a little!

I'm never eating lamb again. Ever.

Smille- I had no idea my Facebook friends had so many judgemental moms on there :( the one thing I learned about motherhood is be humble! It could be you!

Ohhh no, you poor thing. I haven't puked yet. I don't want to, I don't think anyone wants to. I just hate complaining it's just I feel horrible. I forced myself to eat because I know I have to but, it wasn't fun.

Praising the one you love completes your happiness, so is complaining about something you hate, it completes your misery! You're pregnant, you're entitled to complain all you want!

You're the best!

I hope Bee survived her weekend away, was thinking of her earlier.

You're the best!

I hope Bee survived her weekend away, was thinking of her earlier.

I was literally just thinking of her. Bee we miss you! Hope you survived; and you probably drank your weight :D

aw you girls are so sweet thinking of me <3

mrsw - huge congrats !!!! so excited for you and it gives me hope that after all of this time you were still able to fall pregnant. I hope the same happens for me!

texas - maybe your temps being so different this month are even more proof that the b6 was affecting things? how are things on the opk front??

squirrel - Love I'm so sorry to hear about your cyberbullying experience. please know that we are all hear for you. I need to get back on your journal - I honestly stayed away when you-know-who joined because I just like to avoid people like that, but I think it's safe to say she won't be coming back.....! (hopefully) huge hugs love! :hugs:

kittykat where are you?? still thinking of you!!

seems like all of us non preggos are getting ready to O (except for trix !) so good luck to all!

glad to hear that all of the preggos are still doing well. mommy, we are all waiting on baby boy!! :happydance:

so my trip was .... interesting. not the dramatic blow out I thought it would be, but that's because it turns out they somehow HAVEN'T given up on living with us. they attempted to get in our good graces so that we can move toward that "goal" which I think is just humorous. In his culture, the parents move in with the oldest son after he gets married. I can't believe they would even still want to attempt that, but it all comes down to money. a few years ago, DH went against me and gave them a large sum of money - so large I can't even stomach to say it - and I think their thing this weekend was, if we can't live with you then you should at least feel guilty enough to give us more money. the whole thing is just so messed up in so many ways and it's so nice that DH has been unbrainwashed for awhile and that we are totally on the same page. we rolled our eyes a million times this weekend and then went on our way. peace out. we don't plan on seeing them in the near future.

aaaaaanyway - opk should go positive today - was close yesterday! which actually makes me happy that I'm still going to O "on time" without the meds. I'll call doc today and set up my IUI for tomorrow. so excited for the short work week and then I'm off to Chicago for the bachelorette party! :friends:

Thank you ladies! I almost forgot until you ladies pointed it out! And she really does feel like a cantaloupe. I noticed her butt is sticking out right by my belly button and you can feel it and see it!

Bee- Wow what balls they have! First to reject you and their son and cut you out, and now want to live off of you!? No. They should stay where they are now and live like grown ups HERE live. I love my parents but still might be uncomfortable with them living with me unless they were very old or very sick.

I've a rant that almost drove me into all night crying last night, but a little background about my older sister, she asked me when she was pregnant back in Egypt if she can come stay with us and deliver her baby here. Totally 100% depending on us. I agreed. Took her everywhere to shop for baby, appointments, DH drove her to the hospital at 3 am when she went into labor, then I went to be with her and stayed with her. Picked her up, took her to the hospital for appointments again and again (dragging 11 months old Benjamin behind)

I gave her everything she would need for the baby, even my breast pump, my own clothes just everything. Even now that she's back here in the US, DH and I have constantly been running her chores, taking her to appointments doctors and government, everything.

So last night I asked her if she'd come and stay with us (she's staying with my little sister now) during my last week in pregnancy in case I go into labor late at night again and DH's parents live an hour away. I have no one who can be here with Benjamin that is close.

And she said umm I don't know, have your inlaws watch him. Like seriously? I've always been there for you 200% of the time and I can't count on you to watch my son so I can go give birth!? Not like I'm going on a trip! Just broke my heart and completely dissappointed in her.

Wow Bee, I really have no words.....I'm sorry that they are the way they are BUT, I'm glad you and DH are on the same page now and I do hope you enjoyed some alone time with just him <3

Why do I not know what v-day is? lol Either way, I'll join in on the party...Happy V-Day Camp <3

Aww campn I'm sorry your sister is being so selfish. That would make me really sad as well. Have you told her that it broke your heart? You should! Congrats on V-day!
Bee: Yay for the almost positive OPK! Your inlaws have some balls, jeez.

afm: Scan went perfectly. Baby was upside down, placenta was posterior as we had also heard at twelve weeks (at 15 weeks the private scan lady told us it was in the front and we were like wth. Turns out she was wrong, of course lol). Everything about the baby was perfect, no follow-up needed. I cried a lot afterwards I felt like a massive weight was lifted from my shoulders!
And gladly, baby is still a boy! We immediately went and bought some items for the baby with the gift card we got a few days ago. I'm so happy!

Drum: You're up for tomorrow right? :D

Camp - Again for you and your sister, I have no words. I'm so sorry she's being that way. I don't even have words for those actions, she's your sister! She should be ready and willing to help whenever you need her :hugs:

Bla - That's so exciting!!! I'm so glad baby is doing amazing. Do you have any names picked out? Or are you keeping it a secret?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->