46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Bla- What makes you think your cervix is open hun? I agree that these things are so rare but they do happen but I assume if you had any physical checkup/ultrasound they would have checked it and told you as part of the exam? Here they always look at the cervix and the location of placenta if its covering it or not, so if they checked that for you I'm sure they'd have seen if you had a problem.

I asked her at the scan and she said that she wouldn't check. They did look at the location of the placenta and it wasn't near the cervix (at the top of the back wall). I feel like it is open because I still check it from time to time. It is extremely soft (the opening, the rest is firm) and if I wanted to (I don't of course) my fingertip would definitely fit. I've also had globs of stretchy cm and that terrifies me as well.

Here in the Netherlands it isn't standard to check your cervix unless you have had two or more second tri losses. :nope:

Bla: can you head in to A&E? You might be in for a long wait, but they should check you if you say you think it feels more open than usual and you're worried about it. Hope you manage to find some answers. It's so terrible when you stay worrying over something that is important, but some medical Professionals shrug off your concerns without properly considering them. :hugs:

Bla: can you head in to A&E? You might be in for a long wait, but they should check you if you say you think it feels more open than usual and you're worried about it. Hope you manage to find some answers. It's so terrible when you stay worrying over something that is important, but some medical Professionals shrug off your concerns without properly considering them. :hugs:

I wish I could but the nearest hospital is half an hour away and I don't have a car (SO has it). I'll try to call the midwife later again, but I think she'll shrug me off again as we are only 'allowed' to call between 9-10 AM for non urgent things.

Also to add Bla, that hopefully it's just the opening that's slightly open. She would have been able to see on a scan if the whole thing was open. I had a funelling cervix with Oscar's pregnancy due to my irritable uterus contracting every couple of minutes. My cervix would open on the inside, but not the outside, with every contraction. They could clearly identify on the ultrasound that the rest was remaining closed though, so hopefully, if she didn't see anything on the scan, then maybe it's just the opening being slightly open?

Also to add Bla, that hopefully it's just the opening that's slightly open. She would have been able to see on a scan if the whole thing was open. I had a funelling cervix with Oscar's pregnancy due to my irritable uterus contracting every couple of minutes. My cervix would open on the inside, but not the outside, with every contraction. They could clearly identify on the ultrasound that the rest was remaining closed though, so hopefully, if she didn't see anything on the scan, then maybe it's just the opening being slightly open?

Thank you... that's what I'm hoping for. I was hoping that since the midwife has a report of the scan she will be able to tell me more than that lady did yesterday. I do not think that it is totally open, but if it is dilating a little bit.. or shortening.. or funneling.. that's serious business and I've read so many stories today of ladies that were too late (mostly because they weren't checked or taking seriously).

I'm sorry to hog the thread ladies. I'm hoping that there is nothing wrong and I'm just overreacting but I want to know for sure.. don't want to tell myself that I must be imagining it and then something horrible happening in the next few weeks.

Bla- If you're convinced that something is wrong then trust your gut. Just go in when your SO is back and say you've been having contractions and losing your mucus plug. That should warrant that you at least get a pelvic exam which takes 5 seconds.

I've heard of women who had their cervix a little open the entire pregnancy with no problem, maybe yours is a tad open because of your chemical? I know most moms who have had kids are 1 cm dialted still!

Campn: I don't know but I'd assume that with a chemical there is nothing big enough to cause the cervix to be permanently dilated a little.
SO isn't back until Friday, so as the midwife is not picking up and I think she won't.. I'll try and call her tomorrow morning between 9-10AM.

Do you think the stretchy cm is my mucus plug? :|

Bla it might be the mucus plug but unless blood starts to appear there is nothing to worry about there. You loose and regenerate your mucus plus your entire pregnancy. Try not to worry to much hun the stress is not good for either of you. I would call tomorrow and if she does not answer go in.

Bla - sadly I can't help much or give any advice since I don't know anything about it but, I do hope everything is ok. I would definitely push and push until you can get someone to at least check. FX everything is fine <3

Sweet- congrats :happydance:.H&H 9 mths!!!

Campn- I'm sorry you're having BH already. Hopefully they settle down for you.

Drum- I hope your dr appt goes well on Mon and hopefully you'll be off of bed rest soon.

Bla- I hope the dr takes your concerns seriously and eases your mind. I had a lot of anxiety in the beginning and my dr was so sweet and handled it so well.

Bee- if your iui is today, good luck hun!

Bla- It's completely normal to lose bits and pieces of it! It regenerates itself right away! When I was 25 weeks with Ben I lost a big chunk of mine and freaked out, but everything I read online said that's completely normal. Every time I wipe there's always mucus plug on the tissue, but don't fret, you won't believe how much mucus plug you have in there already. It's so so disgustingly huge lol.

Bla - don't be sorry!!! I can understand your worry <3

Bee - Thinking of you today!!! FX DH was able to get there this AM <3

Bla do not worry about hogging hun, if we can help you know that we are happy to.

Smille thank you I really hope so. I can't stand staying inside all of the time.

Bee thinking of you.

Thanks ladies for always making me feel better - I really don't know what I would do without you wonderful ladies! :hugs:

I will let you all know what the midwife has to say tomorrow..
I'm currently just continuing with my Master's thesis, for some reason delving into theory about serial killers in popular culture eases my mind a little lol

Thanks ladies. I appreciate the vibes

Bla if you are worried go with your gut mama knows best. I hope it's just nervousness though

Congrats sweet mama !!!

Thanks ladies ! Iui was this morning . Dh didn't go down south at all since the docs were taking too long to call me back yesterday. So he's just skyping them which I don't know why they don't always just do. Anyway it was 210 million sperm with 97% mobile and I told my doc that this not working is messed up. He took it in stride of course and make some more jokes and gave me a high five ugh: so ready to check out the new place ... Just waiting on a friend to meet me for lunch so I'll do a proper check in later !

Bee - those sound like really good numbers so hopefully you'll get your BFP and rainbow baby soon.

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test555341

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test555341

just in case the pic doesn't show up I have no idea how to add it

Anyways this is my test I hope that it shows up for you guys, the line is faint but it's there.

Congrats sweetmama, hopefully the line gets darker for you. I know the feeling you are talking about with being excited but hesitant, its a nerve racking time. I get nervous everytime I poas cos last time they got lighter and ended in a cp, but thankfully this time they are darker, now the same colour as the control line which certainly eases the nerves a little. but its always in the back of your mind.

Bee- ill keep everything crossed for you, that's an extremely high number for your dh! what date do they recommend you start testing. Do you have to have bloods to monitor your progesterone levels?

Today is the day I get my betas done, so excited/nervous, even though the tests are as dark as they could possibly be I am still hesitant on what the numbers will be, heading to pathology straight after work (im currently on night shift its 4:30am, finish 7am) so fx'd everything is good

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->