46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Dar- How long is your LP!? Could be a sign of implantation!!

Blabla- Thank you hun! I can't believe she can grasp a finger now! I need to book a private 3D/4D scan cause last time I had one was 16 weeks, my OB for some reason only did 2D at my anatomy scan. Grrr. I want to see her face all chunked up now. Do you have any more scans coming up?

Dar- How long is your LP!? Could be a sign of implantation!!

Blabla- Thank you hun! I can't believe she can grasp a finger now! I need to book a private 3D/4D scan cause last time I had one was 16 weeks, my OB for some reason only did 2D at my anatomy scan. Grrr. I want to see her face all chunked up now. Do you have any more scans coming up?

Aww, I don't even think our OB's or midwives are capable of doing anything other than 2D to be honest.. that's a private scan thing here! I'm having a private scan the 29th, 3D/4D. In the Netherlands you only get two scans from midwive/OB: one at 10-12 weeks and one at 20 weeks.. and that's it. Nothing more. I wish they did one at 30 weeks to check growth and all that, but nope. Here they still believe that touching your belly a bit is enough... which is so not true. Basically, our system is very outdated and one of the worst in Europe. Especially when it comes to homebirths etc. Is because midwives (standard, you only get an OB when you are high risk.. you can't choose) get less money if they allow you to give birth in the hospital. Mine was certainly not very happy I chose the hospital. But here in the Netherlands... a lot of stuff goes wrong at home births and 50-60% end up with serious complications.. so hell no. :haha:

Sorry, rant :p

How expensive are private scans in America? I paid 145 bucks for two: one at 15 weeks and one the 29th.

Cycle day 2...off to Greece tomorrow for my sister's wedding and will be back in time to get plenty of BD'ing in before O. Have my first appointment lined up with the ivf center around 4dpo later this month. Pretty pumped about that (but really hoping we won't need it)

Bla- I understand since its "free" they can control lots of things, I love the idea of homebirth but I personally would feel safer at a hospital too since birth can be full of surprises. Can you still get an epidural if you need one? I think you said you'd go without one right!?

Here the scans are usually around $100 for 15-20 minutes, CD with pictures and the video of the entire scan, plus printed pictures. Since I went to this place before they're giving me the "premium package" for $109 which is a discounted price for 25 minutes! I think I might end up getting bored :p

Morning ladies!!! Hope everyone is doing well.

Bee - I can understand your fears 110%! When is your scan? Tomorrow or Thursday? I'm anxiously waiting for you :)

Pink - Congrats on the BFP!!!

Tex - Sorry the repo is taking a toll on you. Hope you found the tool needed and made your job a bit easier. How much longer until it's done?

Bla - Sounds like Thomas is playing soccer in there with your ribs and everything else he can find. So glad he's doing so well. Can't believe it's less than 100 days for you.

Smile - Sorry you're so uncomfortable :-/

Dar - I have no advice as I've never temped or charted but FX for you :)

Camp - I can't believe the last time you got scanned was so long ago. My doctor does a US every time I go.

So, I scheduled my NT scan for Wednesday of this week and invited my parents along. I get a call last night at 6PM, I let it go to voicemail and the message was from the scan center letting me know I missed my appointment. I called back right away and told them there's a mistake because I scheduled the appointment for Wednesday. Of course they didn't own up to their mistake and I now have to leave work early on Thursday because of them since I have to go this week (I'm 13 weeks today). Not sure if my parents can come, nor can FH so now I may have to go alone. My hormones raged on them on the phone last night but, best believe it will be worse when I go Thursday. Sorry, had to vent :)

Ttc- Are you considered high risk? An U/S every visit is so unheard of here in the States! That's so nice though! My sister is high risk (placenta and umbilical cord problems) but she gets an U/S every 4 weeks or so!

I'd be so mad if they made a mistake with their appointments, sorry hun. Just ask for lots of pictures. The NT scans aren't that fun, they're short and the baby is still so small, the 20 week one should be so much more fun for your folks to attend :)

ttc - my appt is Thursday. in a way, it can't come soon enough, but in a way I dread them too, preparing myself for the worst.

I've had some brown CM yesterday and today. I'm surprisingly not freaking out (any more than I already am) because 1. if I wasn't searching for it, I'd never find it. I wipe before I pee and that's when I see it. nothing in underwear or after I pee. and 2. I've read that spotting (and it's not even that) is common between weeks 6 and 8 when the placenta is forming. no cramping these last couple days and boobs are sore and face SUPER broken out. but if something picks up, I'll try to get in tomorrow instead of Thursday.

cookie - wow I didn't realize you had an appt with IVF coming up! that's great - of course I hope it doesn't resort to that. what tests have you had done already? I'm thinking IUI could be the simple solution for you! and btw omg I LOVE Greece!!!! one of my all time fave countries!!!!! so jealous :happydance:

Flying to visit my folks today. Rather crampy... Should I be concerned? I was planning on telling my folks when we get in tonight, but I may wait till tomorrow just in case I miscarry or something... Still nauseous which is a good sign.

Reno should be done by the last week of July and we can hopefully
Move back in that weekend. I'm so ready to be home in my house. Yes we found a better tool and its a wonder we didn't think of it sooner. It's an air hammer with a chisel attachment. Last night hubby tried it out and we got just as much tile up in an hour as we did in 3-4 hours with the craptastic machine. So now we only have the laundry room tile to pop up and then give it a good sweep with the shop vac so it gets up all the remaining debris after we haul off the big pieces.

I'm just ready for it to be over.

Bee - I think you should ask them to check for doubles when you go for your next scan. 5 days away from AF and at 68? Oooooooh, how exciting would that be? Not only expecting #1 but #2 as well!

Pink - I would say wait until you're late for AF and then announce. Right now, the only people who know I'm (apparently) pregnant is the doctor, his receptionist, my husband and my mother. 4 people. Oh, and the people at the lab but they don't count. Hold out just another day or two.

Afm, I'm impatiently awaiting for my doc's office to open since they're on lunch right now. Then I'll call and get my newest set of numbers. FX it's good!

good luck pes - can't wait to hear it!

and lol I think I did the math wrong. AF was due Friday, and beta was 68 that Monday before. so technically 4 days away. up to 242 2 days before AF. maybe they missed something!! :haha:

Camp - they haven't mentioned that I'm high risk so, not that I'm aware of.

Bee - I know that feeling too well. Every time I have an appt., I fear the worst. This is the worst part. My mind has eased slightly being in the 2nd trimester but, today I've had lots of stretching and pulling in my lower abdomen again so, of course now I'm paranoid again.

Tex - FX you get in there asap!!! Glad the new tool helped.

Pink - I didn't tell family for quite some time but, I was also hesitant because of my previous loss. I'd say do what you feel comfortable doing :) have a great trip!

Cookie - I forgot to mention before, have a great time in Greece! FH is Greek and I would love to visit one day.

Peski and pink: massive congratulations :dance: happy and healthy nine months to both of you!!

Squirrel and Texas - it's both your turns next. I'll send some of my sticky baby dust your way by FedEX Overnight.

Believe me I am ready for some of it! I want another baby so bad.... But congrats on your BFP peski! And pink too!

Congrats Peski, that number is amazing!
Squirrel and Texas: Have my fingers crossed for the both of you!
TTC: Hope you are doing well hun! Sorry about the stupid NT scan stuff, I'm sure that seeing baby will make it all better :)

Afm: Still need to proofread tomorrow and make the trip to the university to hand it in three times but.... Finished my thesis :happydance: 65 pages of bullcrap, but hopefully I get a decent grade and my Master's degree! I'm so happy to be done, lol

A huge congratulations Peski. Xx

Squirel, not long until testing. I have everything crossed for you. Xx

cookie - wow I didn't realize you had an appt with IVF coming up! that's great - of course I hope it doesn't resort to that. what tests have you had done already? I'm thinking IUI could be the simple solution for you! and btw omg I LOVE Greece!!!! one of my all time fave countries!!!!! so jealous :happydance:
Thanks Bee - hoping IUI will be it. Haven't had any tests done yet, but I have a history of low hormones - been trying to raise naturally with supplements and cutting some workouts out, but don't want to wait anymore. I am excited to get some answers.
I also love Greece!!! <3<3<3 Sadly, DH is not coming this time, but we have plans to go every summer once we have kid(s) - even if we can't go anywhere else. I'm Greek and that's what my parents did, and I am so thankful for that now!

Cookie - I forgot to mention before, have a great time in Greece! FH is Greek and I would love to visit one day.

THANKS! You have to find a way to get there! Greece is so beautiful and the people and way of living are worlds apart from how it is in the US. I'm first generation American and have been to Greece countless times, never gets old - I plan future trips to go back while I'm still there :dohh:

Thank you guys, I hope it's not long too. Ready to be pregnant at long last.

Teeny: Belated congrats on your beautiful little girl. Love your new avatar!

Bee: Sorry to hear you're spotting, but it's great that you're being so rational about it. I'm sure it's nothing, but it's great you have a scan Thursday (and maybe tomorrow) for reassurance. I'm also sorry you're generally worried :hugs: it's so understandable after what happened last time and how long it's taken you to get here. I really hope that after your scan you start to feel more secure. Thinking of you :hugs:

So I stupidly tested today on 10dpiui (11dpt). Stupid stupid me :dohh: There was a faint line, but it's most likely trigger. Why do I have no self control? :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->