46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

the cyst is currently posing a "threat" to the baby by possibly restricting the growth of the uterus. thus far, the uterus is growing normally and pushing against cyst, so they hope this continues to happen. so if this is the case, there are no risks for baby but it's just too early for baby to be under anesthesia right now so we wait.

Bee - As hard as it is for me going through my own situation I can't imagine how upsetting it would be to hear you need to have both ovary and tube removed. *Hugs*

Afm, I'm feeling much less sorry for myself. I'm putting things into perspective and realize that once this hard part is over, I at least have the ability to try again. I'm not in a situation like my DH's cousin who only has one child and can NEVER have another or my SIL who hasn't even come close to being pregnant in the past 7 years and it's not for lack of trying. So, yes, I am sad and grieve for what I have lost but if there is a bright side it's that I know I can get pregnant and I have the chance to try again. (And all of you ladies on this board have been more help than you will ever know.)

pes - what is going on? I still think losing a baby is the hardest. even with one ovary, I *shouldn't* be left infertile. and hopefully this baby survives the surgery which really it should from everything I've read. but what are your official updates???! thinking about you girl :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

the cyst is currently posing a "threat" to the baby by possibly restricting the growth of the uterus. thus far, the uterus is growing normally and pushing against cyst, so they hope this continues to happen. so if this is the case, there are no risks for baby but it's just too early for baby to be under anesthesia right now so we wait.

Jeez. Why does this baby making biz need to be so difficult for some people??? I wish you the best of luck girl. you're in my thoughts :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Bee just got through reading your journal update as well and sending lots of hugs. Baby Bee will be a fighter but I do hope you get to keep your ovary and tube. If you would feel better taking the time off I would. Bed rest or pelvic floor rest are both horrid- especially around children. So if you can make things easier on yourself I would. Thinking of you hun :hugs:

Bee- I read your journal and that's a lot to take in. I hope that baby bee will be ok. Rest as much as you can to keep things under control. I am so so sorry that there is a possibility that you may lose your ovary. There are still a lot of women who get pregnant with just 1. Try not to think of the "what ifs" and just live in the moment. Take things one day at a time. You're in my thoughts and hope everything turns out well.

Bee - It looked like I said both ovaries but I only meant the one, sorry if there was any confusion.

As for an official update. Well, my blood test 2 weeks ago showed an HCG level of 536 and I would have been about 5 weeks + 3 and on the ultrasound showed the gestational sac was 5 mm and empty. A week later, I only had an ultrasound and the gestational sac was 6 mm but still empty. This past Saturday, thetc HCG level was only 1327 and the ultrasound showed a 7 mm gestational sac but a yolk sac had suddenly developed and was 6 mm. The ER doc said it didn't look good, that the numbers should be higher for almost 7 weeks and I need to follow up with my doctor but I should be prepared. Yesterday, I spoke with my doctor who looked at everything together and said it looks like a blighted ovum and started apologizing, for what I don't know. He then said that I may naturally miscarry in the coming days. He ordered two blood tests to see if the HCG levels had plateaud or dropped and I did the first yesterday. I will be doing the next on Monday with a follow up on Wednesday with a possible ultrasound required. I got the HCG level today, just as an update to myself to try and prepare myself for the miscarriage that should be coming. Instead, the level nearly doubled between Saturday and Tuesday. It's now 2247. That ultrasound looks inevitable and I can't even guess what my HCG will be on Monday. I'm left shaking my head. And I'm sorry for the long post.

Peski- your numbers are going up, so I'm confused as to why the drs are saying it's over. I don't know much about blighted ovums, but if your pregnancy were ending, your numbers would decrease. When I had my US at 5 wks there was nothing to see but an empty sac. Then at 6+ almost 7 wks there was a yolk sac. I'm sorry you are in limbo. I think you need a 2nd opinion bc your dr sounds clueless.

Smille - I think every doctor I've seen is basing the blighted ovum off of the low HCG numbers and measuring earlier than I should based on my LMP of June 14. I think the next blood draw and ultrasound might give a clearer picture but I'm not holding out much hope.

Peski- I'm completely ignorant to this kind of situation but I'm praying for you hun. I hope you get some answers soon and this doesn't keep dragging on and tormenting you. <3

Sorry to post and run but I wanted to hop on quickly.

Pesk - I'm so incredibly sorry this is happening. And no obvious resolution or answers. I can't imagine the heartache and stress. Hang in there.

Bee - I popped onto your journal to see your update. I'm so worried for you. I often think how I wish I could go back a year and be blissfully unaware and clueless to the trials and difficulties of pregnancy. I'm thinking of you lots and please, do what feels right. If that's bed rest for 3 weeks then so be it! :hugs:

Tex - sorry about AF. I know the disappointment well.

Also Camp your niece is super cute!! :)

AFM - at CD6. Had another follow up scan today (my OB wants to track what's happening in uterus to make sure everything is on track healing wise) tech was amazing as always and says this is the best she's seen it. I'll get a call from my OB next Monday when he's in the office to see if he still wants to do more tests (I'm thinking a HSG or a sono might happen) or if he wants to just release me back into the wild. :haha:

Peski, Tex and Iris, I'm so sorry ladies. I really wish I had something better or more beneficial to say other than my heart goes out to you and you're in my thoughts and not forgotten. I know everyone of us at one point though it'd never happen. <3

Mommy- I swear they say it just to piss you off! I only got comments like "wow is he premature!? He's so small" esp from this cousin of DH that we rarely talk to or see, she never said congrats, just on every picture we post on social media on both our accounts. Grrrr people! Do they expect a baby girl to come out in lipstick and painted nails to believe it!?

omg yes! i get all these comments about how tiny my daughter is (but i was always tiny when i was little, and i'm only 5' now) but when she was born it was 'omg she's so big!' and she was the same size as ds, who gets 'omg he's soooo small!' it's like wtf!

updated my journal but docs called and are holding off on surgery til it's safer. I'll meet with them at 14 weeks and plan the surgery for 15. doc confirmed that I will probably lose both my ovary and tube, but that it's just too unsafe to do the surgery any sooner. I'm on pelvic rest, no lifting, no bending and no letting my bladder get full. :coffee:

so glad everything is going to be ok, but seriously?! you could lose the ovary and tube?!

Mommy he is so stinking adorable, but all of the comments do get old so quickly.

Tex I hope everything has been going smoothly hun.

Iris keeping FX for you! Maybe they'll pursue the HSG and you can enjoy the fertility boost from it, if not I'm so glad that you are healing so well.

Hope everyone is doing well, thinking of you all

Well...... The good news is my floors are being installed as we speak. The bad news is that when my husband and I popped up the ceramic tile the mortar they used to lay it down with was left behind. We tried to get it up but it didn't want to budge. Anyway it delayed the floor guys a bit and we had 2 options. Option 1 was have them chisel up all the mortar till it was smooth or buy some self leveler stuff and have them spread it over the floors to even them out in the kitchen laundry room and entry way. I went with option 2. It was a little more expensive than option 1 cause of the extra material But it was way faster.

If all goes well we should be able to move back in Sunday. We still have a few things to do Saturday like mount mirrors and install appliances do drains for the sinks and etc. but Sunday for sure we can stay there!

AF is still here but tapering off. If everything goes well I should gear up to O while my daughter is gone on a weekend trip to TN to see her cousin who moved there this summer with my in laws. So lots of time for BD! Yay!!

Gagr - Big hugs hun <3 <3 I'm so sorry

Tex - That's exciting!!!! I really can't wait to see the pictures and I'm even more excited that you and DH will have plenty of time to catch that eggy!!!!

Cond - Hope you're feeling well!!

Iris - As always, I have my FX for you <3

Thanks ladies.. It was a tough blow as we both were starting to get so excited

So so sorry Gag. :hugs:

Thanks Drum! I feel like things are happening at light speed right now. I'm heading to my doctor tomorrow to get a full thyroid panel done. And DH went in for his next SA on Tuesday and this results are already in! 2 days sounds like a normal turn around time right? Well it sounds like warp speed to us because his previous ones took 6 weeks. He's kinda nervous because we used a new lab but I'm really hoping for better news!
The other huge thing...we have an appointment with a fertility clinic in early September!

I'm a strange mix of emotions right now. I'm happy then I'm disappointed. Then i'm terrified and apprehensive. But then I'm also very very hopeful.

I'll know if we can try this month on our own on Monday after I speak to my OB. I know if there's more testing he wants done right away we might have to hold off on trying.

Crazy that after nothing happening for so long so much is happening now all at once!

Gag- I am so sorry :hugs:

Iris- yes, the mix of emotions. It's like you're excited bc you'll have help and a better chance than on your own, but it's disappointing that it's come to this. We had both of dh'a SA results back within 2 days. I guess it just depends on the lab. Fxd for some good news!

Texas- how exciting that you'll be in your place again soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->