46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

aw thanks for this smille. I'm in the same boat (again) wannab. my opks were almost positive on Mon and Tues, then negative on Wed so I just assumed I missed my super dark surge (only tested once on Mon). but my temps aren't showing that, so of course panic. Going to continue with them today and see! :wacko:

Bee :hugs: It is so bloody stressful. I am already sick of trying to guess what's going on inside my own body. But you know that line will appear or you know deep down, you did O and it's just your mind making you think the worst!

Thank you Smille. :hugs: Helps that you say that. Doctors over here in the uk don't seem to recognise LP as an issue. But I have read about natural progesterone. If nothing happens this month, I am going to go to my doctor and ask him to run the blood test to check for ovulation and I will mention it.

I was spoilt with DS. We decided we wanted a baby, I tracked my ovulation with OPKs, DTD for three days running and fell pregnant my first month and first try. Because of that, we've always had ourselves down as "oh, we only have to look at each other and it happens" so have been extremely careful over the last few years so to not have an "accident." I keep thinking maybe we have missed the boat and were kidding ourselves that we'd ever be that lucky again. DS is my world, and when he's bored and wants to play and I am working/busy, I feel such a pang of guilt that he doesn't have a sibling! And you're SO right. As soon as you've made the decision that this is what you want, it's as if it's the hardest thing in the world to achieve! My mind is my own worst enemy. I am literally the most anxious person ever and catastrophise things. If there's a bang, it's never someone dropping something, it's a bomb :rofl: That's just how my brain works. So of course, weak opk = I'm going to need to sell my house to afford IVF.

Thank you ladies. Helps just ranting.

AF is due today, I ALWAYS get her in the morning but she has yet to show up, so fingers crossed she stays away!!

Bee :hugs: It is so bloody stressful. I am already sick of trying to guess what's going on inside my own body. But you know that line will appear or you know deep down, you did O and it's just your mind making you think the worst!

Thank you Smille. :hugs: Helps that you say that. Doctors over here in the uk don't seem to recognise LP as an issue. But I have read about natural progesterone. If nothing happens this month, I am going to go to my doctor and ask him to run the blood test to check for ovulation and I will mention it.

I was spoilt with DS. We decided we wanted a baby, I tracked my ovulation with OPKs, DTD for three days running and fell pregnant my first month and first try. Because of that, we've always had ourselves down as "oh, we only have to look at each other and it happens" so have been extremely careful over the last few years so to not have an "accident." I keep thinking maybe we have missed the boat and were kidding ourselves that we'd ever be that lucky again. DS is my world, and when he's bored and wants to play and I am working/busy, I feel such a pang of guilt that he doesn't have a sibling! And you're SO right. As soon as you've made the decision that this is what you want, it's as if it's the hardest thing in the world to achieve! My mind is my own worst enemy. I am literally the most anxious person ever and catastrophise things. If there's a bang, it's never someone dropping something, it's a bomb :rofl: That's just how my brain works. So of course, weak opk = I'm going to need to sell my house to afford IVF.

ah wannab we are the same person! I'm a ball of anxiety and always say I make peace with my own impending death each day. :wacko: And when I got pregnant in March, it was the first try, I never tracked O, just had EWCM and BD that day and the day after. Bam, that was it. I lost that baby and now nothing?? It's so frustrating! I know that my O will be sometime this week (if it hasn't happened already) deep down you are right. so I will just try to focus on that and the same for you! It's coming - you seem very regular. It's just so stressful and panic inducing and I'm going to try my hardest not to let it get the best of me!

My dd is 6 and asks every other day for a sibling. She just wants someone to share memories and grow with. She is so loving and nurturing. I wasn't trying to have a child, I was 21. I don't regret it, she is the greatest blessing I've ever received.

We have an RE appt next month and all I can think about is the cost, but I'm hoping IUI will be the drs recommendation. Our insurance is giving us a difficult time and are up in the air of what they'll cover, but even if we have to pay out of pocket it's manageable.

Can I ask a question of the US ladies. You all mention insurance and what your insurance covers etc, but I was wondering what happens to people that don't have insurance. Surely they dont have to give birth at home with no medical attention?? If your insurance doesnt cover something and it is an emergency, what happens?

Can I ask a question of the US ladies. You all mention insurance and what your insurance covers etc, but I was wondering what happens to people that don't have insurance. Surely they dont have to give birth at home with no medical attention?? If your insurance doesnt cover something and it is an emergency, what happens?

Then you pay out of pocket. But most (if not all) states offer a special insurance plan for pregnant mothers and their children that's funded by taxes (Usually it's part of our Medicaid system).

Insurance is now required in the US or you get fined. That's new this year. But if you don't have insurance you get a 30,000+ dollar bill when you leave the hospital. It's really ridiculous. Even for simple procedures it's thousands of dollars without insurance.

That's interesting Gina, I hadn't heard that yet (But i live under a rock lol). We have Tricare so our stuff is automatic so to speak until my husband leaves the military. I do remember that when my son was born in 2013, our medical bill was $42,500+ (thankfully it was completely covered). In the break down, the cost of his c-section was less than the actual hospital stay!

Joeybrooks At least here you are required to have insurance, unless you make less than a certain amount each year. If you do not have it you can still seek treatment at hospitals but they will try to place you under coverage. If you don't receive it or make an attempt with a certain time frame it goes against your credit. If you make more than the limit but you do not have insurance you're penalized yearly on your income taxes and it continues to increase yearly.

:haha: As PP said it takes way to long to type on this thing.

That's interesting Gina, I hadn't heard that yet (But i live under a rock lol). We have Tricare so our stuff is automatic so to speak until my husband leaves the military. I do remember that when my son was born in 2013, our medical bill was $42,500+ (thankfully it was completely covered). In the break down, the cost of his c-section was less than the actual hospital stay!

It's part of the new Obamacare crap. Lol. You will get a fine for every day you don't have insurance. Hospital stays are ridiculous. I went to the ER to get a prescription for antibiotics. I was there for about 20 minutes. Doctor came in, looked at me, wrote a prescription. 500 bucks. Totally crazy. And insurance only covered 350 -_-

I was wondering the same thing. Was always curious how much it was to have a baby in the US. Im from Canada and have always had private insurance so paying for health services is very foreign to me. I wouldn't call it free healthcare though because I pay roughly 20% of each pay check to taxes Which is a crazy amount.

I actually work with low income pregnant women for a living. I've never seen a family actually have to pay the bill. Every family I work with is able to be insured through welfare insurance. The only families that haven't been insured are the ones in US on a visa and are not citizens. They have received hospital bills from their baby's birth, but there are many non profit organizations that will cover the bill. In almost 5 years I have yet to see a family need to come up with that money themselves.

That's about what we pay. But then insurance comes out on top of that. I think I'm like 15% to taxes, my dh is I think 18% because he makes a little more than me. Thankfully I am still on my parents insurance until next February when I will switch to my husbands. So right now insurance is free for me. But very concerned about switching companies when hopefully I will already be pregnant..

It's part of the new Obamacare crap. Lol. You will get a fine for every day you don't have insurance. Hospital stays are ridiculous. I went to the ER to get a prescription for antibiotics. I was there for about 20 minutes. Doctor came in, looked at me, wrote a prescription. 500 bucks. Totally crazy. And insurance only covered 350 -_-

Ladies even with fertility meds and any medication for that matter UNLESS it is a new medication there are generics. Always ask a doctor to ensure you can afford or get the medication. Example. If you have no insurance and you get a script for Amoxicillin BRAND NAME is $480 if it's generic $15

With insurance the same meds would be about $90 for brand name and $1 - 5 generic.

That's about what we pay. But then insurance comes out on top of that. I think I'm like 15% to taxes, my dh is I think 18% because he makes a little more than me. Thankfully I am still on my parents insurance until next February when I will switch to my husbands. So right now insurance is free for me. But very concerned about switching companies when hopefully I will already be pregnant..

Actually I just did it out and I lose 21% to taxes my dh loses 25% to taxes and insurance. It's so crazy.

Ladies even with fertility meds and any medication for that matter UNLESS it is a new medication there are generics. Always ask a doctor to ensure you can afford or get the medication. Example. If you have no insurance and you get a script for Amoxicillin BRAND NAME is $480 if it's generic $15

With insurance the same meds would be about $90 for brand name and $1 - 5 generic.

I was saying the ER visit was 500. Not the script. But ya generics are just as good and soooo much cheaper. I don't understand how the "brand" can cost so much more!

Be careful when switching. Pregnancy under some insurances will NOT be covered. Some require a waiting time. ex. I have Tri-care prime but currently switched to my husband's who is Railroad as primary.
It stated that pregnancy is covered IF I am pregnant after 6 months into the insurance at 100% with a $500 co-pay. If I got pregnant in those 6 months or prior to switching I would NOT be covered.

Read the fine print before you switch.

Personally I miss the healthcare in England.
I gave birth to my eldest and paid $400 for a private room a night since Tricare didn't cover private room :growled:
When I was in England I gave birth to my youngest ... I didn't pay anything and I had a birthing pool, private room, extra special care even though it ended up in emergency c-section.

If I get pregnant I will surely make sure we move back to England. The system in US sucks also they now implant babies with RFID chips when they are born and I do NOT want that.

Be careful when switching. Pregnancy under some insurances will NOT be covered. Some require a waiting time. ex. I have Tri-care prime but currently switched to my husband's who is Railroad as primary.
It stated that pregnancy is covered IF I am pregnant after 6 months into the insurance at 100% with a $500 co-pay. If I got pregnant in those 6 months or prior to switching I would NOT be covered.

Read the fine print before you switch.

Personally I miss the healthcare in England.
I gave birth to my eldest and paid $400 for a private room a night since Tricare didn't cover private room :growled:
When I was in England I gave birth to my youngest ... I didn't pay anything and I had a birthing pool, private room, extra special care even though it ended up in emergency c-section.

If I get pregnant I will surely make sure we move back to England. The system in US sucks also they now implant babies with RFID chips when they are born and I do NOT want that.

That's my fear but I don't have a choice. I can only be on my parents until I am 26 and I turn 25 in February when the enrollment period is and my dad has said he is getting rid of the family plan next year because my little brother gets better insurance through his work. I know the baby will be covered by the state either way but I'm hoping my husbands insurance won't be an issue. I have tried finding things on it. I did read somewhere that they can no longer deny coverage for preexisting conditions so hopefully it won't be an issue.

They implant babies with chips???? What kind of chip and what for??

I must say I have a growl about UK taxes sometimes and also waiting lists for the NHS etc, but we do have a relatively good service where I live and we pay nothing (except for optical and dental care).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->