5 months and Stirring/Making noises through night - HELP!!

von_eva

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

My LO has always been a great sleeper but used to cry somethimes in her sleep when she was a new born. She started sleeping through the night at about 3 months swaddled in her moses. Since we have moved her to her cot and a growbag AND started weaning she has been a nightmare at night! She is so loud making noises, grunting, hands at her mouth, shouting! We have to get up 5-10 times a night to give her her dummy, last night it was 7 times by 5am and I decided just to give her a bottle then she went off to sleep.

I know your not supposed to go back to nightfeeds, her normal wake up time is about 8-830 and I dont want to backtrack. Is there anything I can do? I have started to give her a dreamfeed about 1030/11pm as she was only taking 4 bottles a day since starting weaning, she gets a bit porridge at breakfast and some veggies at teatime.

Is her waking a sign she needs more food? She certainly doesnt seem like she does thru the day. IS it because we arent swaddling her?

Any advice on this would be great, its really starting to get me down as im not a good sleeper at the best of times and this is making it even worse! I think Im finding it hard because she has went from being a doddle at night to me finding it really tiring!

Sorry about the massive post lol xxxx

Have you tried just ignoring her? We had to put Imogen in her own room at five months because she was such a noisy sleeper. She didn't need me to do anything, she just makes a lot of noise. We all slept very well from there on in. If your LO doesn't really need you to help her settle, then you might do better just listening in but not going to her. You could try weaning her off the dummy as well so she doesn't wake looking for it.

There is a sleep regression at 5 months. I didn't notice so much with A as he wakes every 90 mins anyway on a bad night!

She only really gets a dummy at bed time so thats maybe an idea! She is so loud tho, chewing her hands and yelling! Will try tonight just leaving her to it, my partner works 12 hr shifts so not really fair doing it when he is working. Read some horror stories on the net that some children are like that till they are 5 :o !!!

Heres hoping its just a phase :) xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->