$5 per review

im wondering about shipping? like do i pay seprate shipping fees for delayed iteams? and im in canadas and some one on facebook mentioned customs how does that work :( im so confused

Might be diff outside of the US but if it's all in one order, delayed or not it was the $5 shipping. I did hear though that they ship UPS so you might get brokerage fees? I think that's what they were called...if you are in Canada?

They added these new diapers...anyone tried them? They look nice

https://www.franklingoose.com/products/Wooldins-Fitted-One-Size-Velour-Diaper

purple_kiwi--- customs depends on where the item is manufactured and it is based on how much the package is worth. I had a $40 package from Fisher Price once, it's manufactured in Asia somewhere but was being shipped to me from the States, it was like $8 duty/customs...

I ordered shapewear for like $90 that is made in Thailand and shipped direct from there, and my duty was about $20.

If an item is manufactured in USA, UK, or certain other countries I believe the duty that is due upon delivery is much less.

What happens is UPS, FedEx, whatever shows up at your door and you can pay by cash, cheque or I believe credit and if you don't have one of those options available to pay right there you can pick it up at their outlet.. similar to if you weren't home when they tried to deliver. Possibly even a postal outlet but I can't remember about that one**

^ Don't know if other countries have it or just Canada LOL... our gov't doesn't miss out on any opportunities to get their hand in things!!

purple_kiwi-- if you want to pay with your bank card you'll have to go pick it up. Now that I recall, when FedEx dropped my stuff off I had to go pick it up at a nearby post office after 5pm that day. The FedEx driver doesn't have a debit-to-door thing, but cash/cheque can obviously be taken at the door... I'm not totally sure if they can even do a credit card at the door...

but yeah I only use my debit really also, and I picked it up @ the post office once, the second time they came and I didn't have cash or anything (plus it arrived in like 3 days rather than 5-10) and they told me the amount and came back the next day so I had cash ready

Yeah you have to pay customs in uk but its on what you pay so im going to add a comment to my order stating so.

Ive ordered and used quite a bit of credit to cover postage too s we'll see what happens. I ordered a load of the wooldins nappies

Yes if customs pick up on it anything ordered will be subject to UK customs.
UK is 2.5% of the purchase price and then 17.5% of that total figure (so purchase price +2.5%) plus handling (usually £8)

Oh, having said that it depends on the value of what you ordered as some charges are waved...I think if its under £7 of charges they dont bother charging you.

Maffie, how did you do shipping to the UK? I've just had a look at the check out process and can't see anything other than the US shipping options.

I chose the middle option and if its any more i guess they'll contact me. I thought that way quite a bit of shipping would be covered when they emailed me they didnt say which option to choose. but even if i have to pay extra its worth it.

Another thing with UPS is the base value of the item. If its like $60 dollars or less then you don't have to pay brokerage fees, just customs. If the item is over $60 then yes, you will have to pay brokerage.

I hate the stupid brokerage fees.

One of my OH's aunts who lives down in Texas made Claire a gorgeous quilt for when she was born. Anyways she shipped it via UPS, put the value as $125 and didn't mark it as a gift, marked it as 'goods'.

Anyways, she addressed it to "Baby Claire L" (with our last name) and then a bit later on UPS sent a brokerage fee letter addressed to "Baby Claire L". I am so not kidding! They wanted to charge her something like $50 or so, in brokerage fees for the quilt! I mentioned it to his aunt who is very much a "fight the power, stick it to the man!" type of person and she fought it. We got the brokerage fees dropped but they still wanted to charge Claire with processing fees or something like that.

His aunt warned us to not pay it, so when Claire was 5 months old she was sent to a collections agency. Yeah.

I have a serious hate on for UPS and their Brokerage BS. There IS a way to not have to pay them, but its long and drawn out and you have to pick it up at your local customs agency, if you have one in town.

I've ordered now! I got a bamboo velour nappy, a romper suit, a gro baby and a changing bag :D Can't wait to get it all!

oh no i didnt notice the changing bag i ordered 5 of the wooldins nappies

Im getting wooden toys...I was going to get nappies but I have so many I thought it would be nice to have something different and the little wooden toys are adorable!

Still trying to make up my mind between a carrier and some nappies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->