6 DPO...& ...POAS until positive!

Hey Nat! Well that OPK was NOT positive. It was just near positive so it makes sense. Plus remember I told you your hormones fluctuate. So it's nothing abnormal at all.
I am just glad AF is finally here so I can get to the IUI sooner than later. Yep we are cycle buddies sorta :) 1 day off is OK! I'll be going in Friday for my first Ultrasound & Blood work - then most likely be back on CD 10 to start daily monitoring to watch my follicles grow :)

You never drink? Or just stopped for conception? I am feeling OK. I anticipated AF to come & not to get pregnant so I don't feel so bad about it. I'm really just looking forward to getting back to IUI. I really hope it happens this month!

You say you're concerned with not going Private in the UK, what would be your concern to go through your health system?
Our Fertility Clinic's are mix of both. Fertility treatments are mostly covered - as are ultrasound & blood tests (most of them) but there are certain components that aren't covered. Also I think IVF is not covered at all unless its blood & ultrasound. So it's a mix.

Hey Nat! Well that OPK was NOT positive. It was just near positive so it makes sense. Plus remember I told you your hormones fluctuate. So it's nothing abnormal at all.
I am just glad AF is finally here so I can get to the IUI sooner than later. Yep we are cycle buddies sorta :) 1 day off is OK! I'll be going in Friday for my first Ultrasound & Blood work - then most likely be back on CD 10 to start daily monitoring to watch my follicles grow :)

You never drink? Or just stopped for conception? I am feeling OK. I anticipated AF to come & not to get pregnant so I don't feel so bad about it. I'm really just looking forward to getting back to IUI. I really hope it happens this month!

You say you're concerned with not going Private in the UK, what would be your concern to go through your health system?
Our Fertility Clinic's are mix of both. Fertility treatments are mostly covered - as are ultrasound & blood tests (most of them) but there are certain components that aren't covered. Also I think IVF is not covered at all unless its blood & ultrasound. So it's a mix.

Yeah the fertility treatment here is great however there is a humongous waiting list and I mean gie-huge...18months long around my region...defo not waiting that long.:nope:

I've had a look at the private clinics in the uk and my gp can also refer us...through referral is some what free but then what ever NEEDS doing then costs money...they can give out meds and investigations are free but treatment isn't...grrrrrr lol

I've got to look into prices now and see what works well with travel on top...if we need to travel then we need somewhere close ish...

Yeah I don't drink...birthdays and occasions like Xmas ect I might a one but apart from that nada....
I used to drink befor my son...I'd like a glass of one in the evenings but when ii got bfp with Harry I stopped...since then I just not really had the thirst for it lol...not only that I don't fancy a headache in the mrn with my lo...he's kind of loud in his own rights so that with a headache is asking for trouble lol...

:) :) :) xxx

It hurts to sit im guessing because the endo has scar tissue fron my female stuff attached to my colon..:/.. so I guess wen I sit it kinda puts a lil extra pressure in stuff.. lol..at 100lbs, I dnt gave much cushion. Lol

OH MY GOSH KINS......
Well I found this is what my local hospital charges for infertility treatment- this does include iui if we don't qualify for full nhs...totally out of my league ...will have to save a little harder I guess...:) hmmmmmm
(Sorry it's so long to read)

HOW MUCH DOES ASSISTED CONCEPTION COST?
Listed below are the current charges for IVF and/or ICSI treatment. Please note that payment is required in full at the time you ring in with Day 1 of your cycle, prior to treatment before your protocol will be arranged. Payments can be made by Debit or Credit card via the phone or Building Society cheques only.
Consultation
Initial Consultation £150 During the consultation you will be able to discuss various aspects of the treatments available
Non-attendance or cancellation at less than 2 weeks notice will incur a charge of£120
Treatments (do not include the Consultation fee) £2850
IVF (per cycle of treatment)
Including the use of Donor Sperm for an IVF cycle£3250
IVF requiring ICSI (per cycle of treatment)£3400
Egg freezing plus 1 yr storage£2750
Egg freezing plus 5 yrs storage, if used before end of 5yr period no refund is given.£3350

These prices include ultrasound scans, routine blood tests, all lab processing, HFEA fee and 1 counselling appointment. This fee however does NOT include the costs of drugs (which on average costs approximately £1000, but this depends on your response to treatment). Also, includes embryo transfer (up to blastocyst stage if suitable) but NOT embryo cryopreservation. If the treatment cycle is abandoned prior to egg collection a refund of £1847 (IVF) or £2350 (ICSI) will be made. If your treatment is converted to intrauterine insemination, a refund of £1000 for IVF and £1500 for ICSI will be made to you.
If you withdraw from a treatment batch (once you have confirmed a place and commenced the pill) then a charge of £500 will be payable
Additional Treatments
Embryo Cryopreservation £450
In some patients undergoing IVF or ICSI cycles, embryos of suitable quality may be available for freezing (cryopreservation). This price covers the freezing procedure and also the cost of embryo storage for one year.
Annual Storage fee for frozen sperm or embryos
Multiple samples for freezing for ICSI, surgical, pre-vasectomy patients
£200 £300
Frozen Embryo Replacement Cycle (embryo thawing and transfer) £ 750 The cost of embryo thawing and replacement includes the HFEA fee and laboratory processing, but does NOT include the cost of the drugs if they are needed.
Replacement of frozen embryos can occur during a natural cycle, and does not require another complete IVF treatment cycle.
Post Egg Freezing Transfer Cycle (egg thawing, ICSI and embryo transfer) £1500
The cost of egg thawing, ICSI and embryo transfer includes the HFEA fee and laboratory processing, but does NOT include the cost of the drugs if they are needed.
If you withdraw from a treatment batch (once you have confirmed a place and commenced the pill) then a charge of £250 will be payable.
Other Treatments and Investigations
Intra- cervical insemination (using partners sperm) £152 Intra-uterine Insemination (IUI) only (without super-ovulation and using partners sperm) £252 This price includes all lab processing but not ultrasound scans.
Super-ovulation and Intra-uterine Insemination £732 This price includes treatment explained, ultrasound scans, all laboratory processing,
but does NOT include the cost of the drugs required.
Sperm Testing
Basic semen analysis £75 Semen Analysis and Secondary Sperm Function £150
Private Scan £120
Cryopreservation (Freezing)
Multiple samples for storage for ICSI, surgical retrieval, pre vasectomy £300 Annual storage fee for cryopreserved Embryos / Semen Samples (per year) £200
Donor Insemination
At present there are very limited amounts of donor sperm available from our own sperm bank. Alternative sources can be found at other UK clinics or abroad but all treatments performed have to fulfil HFEA laws and regulations and all donor sperm used in treatment must be obtained from appropriate licensed sources.
Intra cervical insemination £652 Intra-uterine insemination (without super-ovulation) £752
The above prices include the HFEA fee, provision of donor sperm, laboratory processing and insemination but do NOT include the cost of an ultrasound scan.
Super-ovulation and IUI with Donor sperm £1132 This price includes treatment explained, ultrasound scans, provision of donor sperm, all laboratory processing, HFEA fee but does NOT include the cost of the drugs required.
Other Prices:
Additional review appointments £100
Additional counselling appointment£80
Importation of embryos or sperm, inc 1 year storage £200
Exportation of embryos or sperm£400
Purchase of sibling donor vials (per vial)£400
Cyst Aspiration£350
TESA/PESA without storage£750
Copies of patient notes, less than 7 pages£25
Copies of patient notes, more than 7 pages£50
Embryo image£5.00
Viability scan image£5.00
Please note these prices are subject to review and may change at anytime.

Good site iv found...it's a list of loads of vits and supplements this woman takes and believe me it's ALOT but ALOT of it is rather interesting...
https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=226042.0

All I can say is gawd help her If she ever gets on a trampoline...she flipping rattle..with all the pills bless heart heart...dedication tho..:thumbup:

Hope this helps -me petals...:)

Morning ladies!! Well my o cramos from yesterday have subsided..they actuall stopped a lil sooner that usual which is weird. The really bad pain usually last almost a whole day..was excruciating in the morning, took some ibuphrophen then they subsided as day progressed..we dtd again last night..was uncomfortable but tolerable. My cm never has turned ewcm. Its actually rather scarce...not much of it all all..today its watery so far(maybe from dtd, srry tmi) mild cramps today not like af but not like o..so, do u all think I shld count this as 1dpo? Or u think I shld give it til fri and see if maybe I was just gearin and the ewcm will come? Ff says I shld o this friday so either im gearin or it just came early..watcha think?

Ohhh just wanted to say, improving the mans so erm count and function may help us concieve as well. My dh takes, saw palmetto, horny goat weed. As well as addition zinc..ginko is good and so is ginsing. He has cut back on caffeine and men need to watch drinking chlorinated water as that can decrease count and motility...wear boxers not briefs, avoid heat(dwn there in the boys) lol..as I am only 31, my husband is 45. He carefully watches his diet. Avoids to many fatty foods and makes sure he eats a lot of greens(good for sperm)...

As for the ladies..try fermented cod liver oil. Its great preconception and also nurishing oost conception..its a lil fertilirty booster. :)

As for the ladies..try fermented cod liver oil. Its great preconception and also nurishing oost conception..its a lil fertilirty booster. :)

Oooooh momma plus been researching all morning I've found that and kind of cod liver oil for us ladies ttc is VERY bad....a big no no...fish oils is very good but cod liver is the worst one to take....
I been meaning to show you some great info if found for you love...
You say about your endo...if found out that bee propolis 1x 500mg daily is exellent for this...it's also a natural antibiotic which fights harmful germs to us but so not for embryos....it states it's very beneficial for endometriosis...however BIg but .....DO NOT TAkE if you are allergic to bee pollen wasp stings or gave Athsma ....
Hope this helps momma plus

Will be back soon to off load a huge amount of information for you ladies that I have been learning all night and morning...:)

Hey Nat!

Wow that is a really big waiting list! I can't believe it!
There is no real waiting list here - I waited 6 weeks but that's average.
And IVF is very, very expensive. The most expensive choice there is. Here its $10,000.00 on average per IVF treatment. IUI however is not as much. The government covers everything except two things in the IUI process. Catheter & the Sperm wash. So, it's around $230 per IUI. And b/c we do back to back IUI it's just over $500/month. That's not bad at all. Very affordable between 2 people.

But because we have OHIP - we pay from our taxes into our health plan - ultrasound & blood work & doctor visits are all covered through our plan. But IVF is way more complex so of course you pay for that plus the meds. I have additional health insurance through work where I can claim a certain amount of fertility drugs per life time so that's covered my HCG shots.

Hey Momma! Good luck this cycle! IF that was Ovulation pain I'd say today is 1dpo but it's so difficult to say if you're not using OPK's or temping too. Either way I wish you so much luck this month!!! FX

I am going to the clinic tomorrow morning for my day 3!

https://www.naturallyknockedup.com/cod-liver-oil/...hey nat..ck this out.

Oooooh momma plus been researching all morning I've found that and kind of cod liver oil for us ladies ttc is VERY bad....a big no no...fish oils is very good but cod liver is the worst one to take....
I been meaning to show you some great info if found for you love...
You say about your endo...if found out that bee propolis 1x 500mg daily is exellent for this...it's also a natural antibiotic which fights harmful germs to us but so not for embryos....it states it's very beneficial for endometriosis...however BIg but .....DO NOT TAkE if you are allergic to bee pollen wasp stings or gave Athsma ....
Hope this helps momma plus

Will be back soon to off load a huge amount of information for you ladies that I have been learning all night and morning...:)

https://www.naturallyknockedup.com/cod-liver-oil/
I found that sight and many more about the fermented cod liver oil..lemme know wat u find out. I def dnt want take something goofy..lol

Ohhh just wanted to say, improving the mans so erm count and function may help us concieve as well. My dh takes, saw palmetto, horny goat weed. As well as addition zinc..ginko is good and so is ginsing. He has cut back on caffeine and men need to watch drinking chlorinated water as that can decrease count and motility...wear boxers not briefs, avoid heat(dwn there in the boys) lol..as I am only 31, my husband is 45. He carefully watches his diet. Avoids to many fatty foods and makes sure he eats a lot of greens(good for sperm)...

LMAO Momma @ Horny Goat Weed

Barb did I say congrats on your house?? Im not sure I did!

Amazing! congrats - what a relief for you :) Now you just need a baby to put in it hehe!! :)

CD14 for me - lots of creamy cm yesterday and we BD'd as well. So far we have done Friday, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday.... we will see how the rest of the week goes! Hoping for a pos OPK today but we will see...

Nat I dont know how you do it- I gave up the booze for three months straight and I am glad I am back LOL - I dont drink TOO much of course - not often during the week but I enjoy a glass or two (or three) on the weekend lol :) or nice bud light lime! my new diet friendly love haha

I been searchin and searchin .lol im so new and tryin any additives to conception..my other kids came buy suprise or with little help from natural methods or diet..simply adjustments.. but my pregnancies wrre not without fault..I lost a twin w my second pregnancy.."well it disappeared"..literally..then two wks before conceiving my daughter I lost a baby at just over 9wks. That was truly a horrible experience to say the least.. doc did a dnc afterwards..heavy heavy bleeding and ultrasound revealed even w bleeding the baby was still there, still attached but no hb..doc did dnc right away. I was crushed and wldnt accept it so tried and fell pregnant right away..guess I convinced myself that it was the same pregnancy and same baby and the dnc some how failed(I know its impossible) but at the time it was my way of coping. So this tine I find to b more challenging. I want to ensure a "stable" pregnancy as oppose to a quick conception. If I were to go threw a later miscarriage like before, I know I wld b done. My husband wldnt deal and wldnt wana try anymore. I count my blessings so I wld feel like it were a sign if I lost another. So I just hooe n pray to concieve a "healthy" baby that sticks perfectly w no probs..:) I wish the same for u ladies in this emotional rollercoaster of ttc. :)

Ohh one nore interesting tid bit. When I lost the twin. It was weird. It was there in my first ultrasound, never had anymore ultrasounds after that because I switched to a midwife who believed unnecessary us caused adhd..so doc assumed through exam that there was only one developig baby(after few months) then at time of delivery(I birthed at home) I literally gave birth to an empty sac..it was full of fluid but no baby and completely in tact. My doc took pics of it to use for his interns..then, after delivering the sac, my son was born with his sac around him..doc ruptured it after the head was delivered. Very amazing thing that happend.

Ya I think it's exactly what you said, it's called vanishing twin syndrome or something like that... Just gets absorbed usually if its early on but the sac remains

LMAO Momma @ Horny Goat Weed

Hahaha..yeah the horney goat weed is definately a funny thing to b seen buying..hahaha..I dnt like being the one to purchase and neither does my husband..haha

I been searchin and searchin .lol im so new and tryin any additives to conception..my other kids came buy suprise or with little help from natural methods or diet..simply adjustments.. but my pregnancies wrre not without fault..I lost a twin w my second pregnancy.."well it disappeared"..literally..then two wks before conceiving my daughter I lost a baby at just over 9wks. That was truly a horrible experience to say the least.. doc did a dnc afterwards..heavy heavy bleeding and ultrasound revealed even w bleeding the baby was still there, still attached but no hb..doc did dnc right away. I was crushed and wldnt accept it so tried and fell pregnant right away..guess I convinced myself that it was the same pregnancy and same baby and the dnc some how failed(I know its impossible) but at the time it was my way of coping. So this tine I find to b more challenging. I want to ensure a "stable" pregnancy as oppose to a quick conception. If I were to go threw a later miscarriage like before, I know I wld b done. My husband wldnt deal and wldnt wana try anymore. I count my blessings so I wld feel like it were a sign if I lost another. So I just hooe n pray to concieve a "healthy" baby that sticks perfectly w no probs..:) I wish the same for u ladies in this emotional rollercoaster of ttc. :)

Oh my...I'm sorry sorry for your loss mommaplus...:hugs:
I like that your more into the fact that quick conception is not of the importance to you and that a healthy one is...I posted a link a few posts ago..(page befor) have a read of that page and all the benefits of the meds...it's a brilliant page and one that I have recommended to you all....there are many things there to aid a healthy pregnancy...it will tell you more about the bee propolis and the info about the cod liver oil and how it's a no no...hope this helps :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"