6 DPO...& ...POAS until positive!

AF is here. I am officially on cd1. Hooray?? Lol

ah well the countdown to O begins...,,

Barb that's interesting about the O trigger shot. I don't know anything about IUI. Can you sum it up for me?

Xo

Hey Lady!
I am spotting now but no full blown FLOW...so I'm not sure if AF will officially start today? Or tomorrow. Actually tomorrow would work out better for me in terms of my first appointment with the cycle monitoring at CD3 b/c we have my Step-Daughter on Wednesday & so getting her to school & me getting to the clinic early doesn't work out best.

Well, I don't know enough about IUI but I did some reading online yesterday. So you should do the same if you're interested - its easiest than me explaining it all. But basically the short of it is: You go through Cycle Monitoring & when they feel the right time is to mature your egg & release for Ovulation, they give you an HCG trigger shot & some where in between there there are two days for insemination. That's all I know :)

If you're interested, I'll keep you posted about my appointments. ? I'll probably do it anyway LOL

haha yes I am interested for sure! Did you even have to ask??? Keep me posted about all this cycle monitoring business! I will let you know how my appt on Friday goes but im sure I wont have blood test results for a bit after that.....

So I just found out my close girlfriend who is also TTC - she lives in Oakville and is going to start looking for houses in Ancaster - I am stoked! She wants to move before she is far into any pregnancy so they want to move quickly. Her and DH's family live in Ancaster and they will have childcare 3 days a week when she does have a baby so it works out for everyone lol - esp me having a friend so closeby in the same boat... I wonder how close our BFP's will be - she is on cycle #3 right now.

What Cycle are you on now?

Cycle Monitoring itself is very interesting & a peace of mind that I'm ovulating but the daily injections, internal ultrasound & very early mornings wear you down. By the end I just wanted to have Ovulated & be over! But now that they'll be forcing my body to ovulate - I wonder when in my cycle they'll consider the best time? I think they consider it based on when your egg is at the optimal size & maturity.

That's exciting to have a friend also trying to get pregnant around the same time as you. That would make Maternity Leave way exciting! I hoped a friend of mine was going to start trying around the time I was but look like they're delayed. So now I'm not sure. But hopefully she can get pregnant this year.

I am still only spotting - brown spotting. And NO cramps. Super odd.
I just want this faking show on the damn road!

See that? My ticker is even saying "hey lady, you supposed to have your rag by now!'
hehehe

hahaha! so true.....time to get the AF show on the road... sigh!! lol

yes its good to have a friend trying at the same time as me for sure... I only hope we have some overlap in our pregnancies - that would be ideal... but thats impossible to predict and I know that all too well now... she knows that too.

But I have you Barb regardless so Im good to go haha.....

13 days till O or so... woot! lol

It's almost the end of today. Still no AF. No cramps. Bit of brown spotting & negative tests. I guess it's a looooong cycle. Hope AF just shows tomorrow already!

Hey Barb - AF show yet?? Maybe our O dates will line up lol

this AF is killing me lol - so queasy and cramps brutal..... c'est la vie!

Hope she has shown so you can move on !! Unless you are pg in which case HOORAY hahaha

Hey Lady! Well I believe today is CD1. I'm counting it as such.
I work up to a very small amount of red blood. NO cramping at all though - which is so bizarre. I haven't checked progress since I peed this morning though LOL!!!
Anyway, I called into my clinic with my Day 1 for cycle monitoring/IUI & so that lines me up with a Friday morning Day 3 blood test & ultrasound. And then I won't have to go again for about another 8-9 days. Then I will be going for about 10 days strait...*sigh*.

I really contemplated based on no cramps & weird period if I'd end up pregnant but all my tests have been negative. I didn't even bother this morning with a pregnancy test after seeing red. But why no cramps? First time in like 2 years! BAH
Not that I'm complaining but it does set me up for some false hope!

As for O...i'm going to get that trigger shot of HCG so the doctor will decide when I Ovulate. We'll see when that is. Best thing will be not having to worry about timing sex right! I've also decided I'm going to do a round of acupuncture to accompany the IUI. I will cut down my alcohol intake after AF is over.

You know what sucks about the HCG shot? I wont be able to POAS! It will show positive because of the HCG. BOOOO! But I've read depending on how much I will be injected with, the nurse should be able to tell me what CD I could start testing & get a true result. I've also heard you can test & see the BFP fade & if it comes back, then I'm preggers. So we'll see! HEHE.

Hey thats exciting- what kind of ultrasound on CD3? Internal? wont you still be bleeding?

Thats interesting about the HCG shot too - keep me in the loop! Doc on Friday for blood requisition... thats about it!

Hiya! So I got in with an appointment with my natural path doctor today at lunch & got my first round of acupuncture! I'll be going once a week for the whole cycle. It's suppose to promote a good lining shedding so I hope it will encourage my period to come on normally already. It's still just ever so light. I do wonder if it's because I stopped taking my Tibetan herbs. It does affect menstrual cycles.

The reason you have to go in on cycle day 3 is 1) for hormonal test (you'll do this too on CD3) & yes its an internal exam - yes while you're still bleeding! It's to make sure the lining is shedding well & I am sure to see how your eggy's are doing!

update: Full Blown AF over night so today's my official CD1!!
I was nothing more than spotting yesterday. So I have to hit the clinic Sat morning. NO sleeping in but at least I can just roll out of bed super early!

How's it going Meg? Whats on tap this weekend?
We gotta clean out the crawlspace & patch some stuff up & then we can be done with the house once again. And then relax!!! Just the hubby & I for the first time since XMAS!!!!!!!! Don't know what to do?!

Hey heuy hey - Happy Friday!

How did the acupunture go??

I went to the docs today and she told me we are doing everything right - the prenatals, no drinking, and no caffeine is perfect she said. She is giving me a referral to a private fertility clinic because she said an OBGYN referral will take forever. She said I will probably be knocked up before I even go there (hope shes right)

But she did send me for bloodwork today which I did before I went into work. and on Monday afternoo before my dentist appt (blah) I now have a pelvic ultrasound to make sure everything is good to go down there. So I am glad I am doing these things.

The other thing she said is that DH really needs to get a sperm test done - AHHH I dont know how to bring this up :(

Hey Hun!

Acupuncture was fine! I don't love getting pricked though LOL but you know, it's all for the greater good! I hope your doctor is right too however, my doctor said the same things LOL....'oh you'll be knocked up before your appointment!'. Well, that's the hope isn't it? But alas - here I am :o) I just hope that our first round of IUI is the ticket! I'm feeling a bit excited that this COULD be it. Oh, I really hope!
I hope everything is good on your end. But you know what, there's nothing wrong with taking these tests & seeing how it all goes & hopefully you'll be pregnant soon. But in the mean time, you're not wasting time!

I'm curious about your DH...you seem reluctant to discuss fertility issues with him. Is he a difficult guy to talk about when it comes to these sort of things. Or are you just nervous about bringing it up? Is he aware that you're getting tested? There's no harm in asking. My hubby didn't want to do it at first. He felt weird about it. But as time passed on & we still were not pregnant he gave in. Plus I pointed out all the things I've put up with & things shoved up my vag & that was the LEAST he could do! But I did wait until the clinic appointment & it's a requirement so he had no choice :) He'll be having to provide 'samples' at the clinic a couple times in a couple of weeks. His comment yesterday? "Nothing like having to masturbate in a public place!" LOL
Fair enough. But compared to what I have to do? IT's nothing!!! :D
Have you discussed with DH about going to a fertility clinic for testing? Ain't nothing wrong with getting your fertility tested.

HAPPY FRIDAY! I'm just waiting for my hubby to be done work so we can go home. BAH.
I've got a head ache & I'm ready for a drink. Getting ready for my too early in the morning appointment :( BAH! I'll be meeting with a nurse about the IUI procedure too after my blood test/ultra-sound. I'll let you know how that goes.

Hey barb :).

Thanks for your input! I hope it is just a matter of time. I'm sure it is ahhh lol. And about DH - he is definitely on board as we are actively ttc and all that, but he is still in the " don't worry it will happen when it happens " mode so I do hesitate to bring everything up. That being said he does know about my appt yesterday and I told him what the doc said. He did seem uncomfortable at the sperm thing but I am going to do what you did and wait until the fertility appt I think. I want him to do it now but I don't want to push it. I can wait a bit longer :). I am definitely hoping I don't need the appointment though Wah wah haha.

Let me know how your appt goes today! Xo

Your hubby sounds familiar to mine! Eventually as time passes he may not want to just wait. It will be a few monthly (most likely) until you get your first clinic appointment. And hopefully by then, you will be pregnant.
I'm happy that I don't have to worry about timing intercourse this month! Weeeee!!
I'm feeling more optimistic that my chances of conception this month is higher than it has been. But I am afraid if it does t work. So I'm nervous.

My tests from yesterday came back well. I'm back to the clinic Saturday. Once they tell me it's time for insemination, hubby will do his thing, they do a sperm wash & I go back late morning for the insemination. Weeeeee!!! :)

How are you today?! I'm planning to relax for the most part.

Your hubby sounds familiar to mine! Eventually as time passes he may not want to just wait. It will be a few monthly (most likely) until you get your first clinic appointment. And hopefully by then, you will be pregnant.
I'm happy that I don't have to worry about timing intercourse this month! Weeeee!!
I'm feeling more optimistic that my chances of conception this month is higher than it has been. But I am afraid if it does t work. So I'm nervous.

My tests from yesterday came back well. I'm back to the clinic Saturday. Once they tell me it's time for insemination, hubby will do his thing, they do a sperm wash & I go back late morning for the insemination. Weeeeee!!! :)

Barb - I must say I am excited for you this month - what are the statistics like for IUI?? It must be higher than a normal month!

Glad tests are good and that you are good to go.

Can I ask how expensive it was? And Im guessing you were able to do it so easily this month because its a private clinic and you simply booked it for this cycle?

Pelvic ultrasound at 3pm today.... Should I be calling my doc later in the week to confirm its all OK? as well as the blood work?

Barb - I must say I am excited for you this month - what are the statistics like for IUI?? It must be higher than a normal month!

Glad tests are good and that you are good to go.

Can I ask how expensive it was? And Im guessing you were able to do it so easily this month because its a private clinic and you simply booked it for this cycle?

Hey Meg!

Thanks for being excited for me!:happydance: I'm trying to get excited too. I am also going to try 'visualization' which apparently can help. Well it can't impede ;)...The stats are obviously higher but not incredibly so. I think it'll be like 25% chance this cycle. So as if I was 21, not 31 ;) LOL

How expensive IUI is or going to a fertility clinic? The IUI will be around $500 but each clinic prices how ever they want. This is one of the cheaper clinics in downtown Toronto. I know a couple who paid $700.
And I didn't book an appointment - what you do is you call in Day 1 of your cycle for cycle monitoring. And once its time to inseminate - they just get you to do it. But yeah it's because I've already had my first official appointment & became their patient that I can call in any cycle for monitoring or IUI. Monitoring is covered under OHIP. As is most of their tests. We had to pay out of pocket some $200 for blood work but my Benefits covered it.

Pelvic ultrasound at 3pm today.... Should I be calling my doc later in the week to confirm its all OK? as well as the blood work?

Hey hun, good luck! It's a lot of FUN!!! Not. LOL
I followed up with my doctor over the phone for the results. Then went back to book an appointment for a fertility clinic. You did get a referral right? That way you dont have to pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->