7DPO and lots of CM (sorry if TMI!)

Fingers crossed!!!

I've had a phonecall from the pharmacy this morning, I get my meds delivered on Tuesday. eeeeeekkkkk!!!xx

Whoop whoop whoop. You're going to be pregnant soon!!! Xx

I bloody well hope so! It's do difficult to not get your hopes up, I can't even tell you how much! I've probably mentioned before that I must have recorded about 30 episodes of one born every minute that I planned on saving until I was pregnant to watch.. I started to watch them tonight. Someone stop me!!!

Just climbed into bed, I'm absolutely exhausted after my first day back in work. Evie's at my mums tonight so a lovely early night it is for me! Na night girls xxx

I know it'll be hard not to get your hopes up,but we've gotta have hope!!

I've been for a job interview so my brain is in overdrive tonight lol.

Enjoy your early night. Sweet dreams xx

Woooohoooo Tina!! That's fab news! It's all very real now, like ab said, it'll be very hard not to get your hopes up, your only human. We are all here for you every step of the way xx
What date is it you will be testing then?? If it's positive, you will have to celebrate with a brew & an early night, leave mark to do the partying. Just look on it as an 'i owe you ' till when you can drink again! ;)
Rubbish you are back in work, that's gone well fast.

Ab, hope your interview went ok for you. What is it for & when will you find out??

I know how you feel about your mind being in overdrive. I can't sleep either. I'm booked onto a access course presentation night at Bolton College. Afterwards I get to meet with the tutors & work out the best plan of action for me. I want to do an access to nursing course. I know it's crazy, I'm 35 years old, but it's something I've always wanted to do. It'll be hard, lots and lots of studying, but I'm so ready for it, it excites me.
I'm only going to be stuck in a crappy job if I don't give it a go. Just going to see what they say anyway xx

Good luck the access course presentation night. That's fab that you're going to do that.

Mine was for a support assistant for adults with special learning needs. Was going to register as a childminder again but I want a change away from childcare. Said they'd phone me today (fri) either way xx

Good luck with the interview AB! I hope it's good news for you :)

Frisky, it's never too late to follow the career path you want to do as long as you're willing to put in the hard work! My friend Emma is 29 and she is on her second year in uni to get a nursing degree. She is also working in a care home to fund it so she literally doesn't have time to shit but it's paying off and will be massively worth it in the end!

I also wish that I'd followed my heart when I left school and gone to college/uni. I wanted to do teaching and I got the grades but was more interested in going out on the piss! Not that I'd change a thing now because I would never have met Mark and had Evie. Things happen for a reason I guess, and my job now fits in perfectly with Evie's school hours.

I think that testing day will arrive sometime around 20th Sept... I'm saying that but you never know what problems are going to arise along the way! We have already been set back by 4 days because my period was late last month. I'm going to track ovulation this cycle so I have a more exact idea of when the next one will arrive.

What's everyone up to this weekend? xx

We're heading down to stay with family tomorrow for a few days,my sis tomorrow night then mil/fils from sun -wed. Going out for lunch with my grandparents on sun,safari park Mon, out with in laws Tues then home wed stopping at a country park, that has a massive play area and a wildlife centre, for the day.

I too should've went to uni as I wanted to be a primary school teacher but I chose to go on the piss!! Xx

hahaha AB I think most teens have the same agenda... though I will try my best to sway Evie in the opposite direction.

Your weekend/early next week sounds amazing!! Wish I had some plans going on like that. I hate not having plans.... I'm not one for sitting around, I get itchy feet too easily! I'd much rather be out and about doing something. Or spending money as Mark would say!

xx

:happydance: I got a job, but not the support assistant that I applied for,I got a support worker position more money and responsibilities !!!!

Yeyyyy!!! Congratulations to you my dear! I hope you have a glass of vino in your hand to celebrate? Xx

Ha if only!! I don't drink as I'm feeding Frazer xx

Woooohoooo ab!! Congratulations my lovely :D

I too was only interested in drinking lots as a teenager. I was horrific. I remember once going to Costa del sol with my family, I was 16 & my best friend from school, Laura came with us. We went out 1 night, had an 11o clock curfew...Laura turned up at the apartment without me as I had dissappeard on the beach with a boy called Richard!! I was so drunk, anything could have happened to me. Luckily he wasn't a pyscho, we just had a snog & a drunken fumble. Got a taxi back to the apartment, my mum wasn't there as she was out looking for me. I remember the barman making me coffee to sober me up.
When my mum came back, she went fucking MENTAL! I think she slapped me! Of course, I couldn't see what all the fuss was about, called her unfair & a bitch, them threw up everywhere.
Needless to say I was grounded for the rest of the holiday! Ha
Only now , being a mum myself, can I see how awful that must have been. Never learnt from it though, I was constantly getting dumped on my doorstep on a Friday night, covered in sick & cider! I was a right rebel!
Tina, I once ended up in alder hey hospital near you, when I stayed with 2 girls I met on holiday, they lived near aintree race course. Cider was the reason then too!
Don't touch the stuff now! Haha

Well I was supposed to go out with my mate for a meal last night , she had a baby just before me and we've not had a catch up without the kids.
Got in her car & she blurted out she's split with her fella. So obviously the meal was scrapped & we hit the pub instead! I was home for 10 though as I didn't feel well at all. I've had a dodgy tum the past few days, so think it was that.

Think we're going to formby beach tomorrow if the weathers still nice xx

So...Formby beach got sacked off!

Typical British weather x

Hahaha frisky listening about your teenage years reminds me of mine!! I was also slightly rebellious. I really gave my mum and dad a hard time from being like 16-18.. I used to go to this under 18 bar in Wigan on a Thursday night and we would all get one of our friends who looked about 21 at the time to buy us bottles of white lightening and we'd sit off in a park drinking it before going to the club. Then my poor mother would pick me up at 11 where I'd be wasted and throwing up.
Then I went on a girls holiday when I was 18 and ended up getting into a fight with one of my friends, she hit me over the head with a glass bottle and I ended up in A&E. Needless to say my mum was fucking fuming!
But like you said... Because we have kids of our own now it puts it into perspective what our parents must have gone through! I'm putting a ball and chain on Evie when she turns 16 because if she's anything like I was then god help me!

I've just got into bed and I'm having a super excited moment! I get my meds on Tuesday and I'm so excited for it. It feels like that'll be the start of everything happening properly.. Our journey officially beginning! I'm lay here and I just passed my hand over my stomach then felt a giddy pang thinking that in a few months time there could be the start of a little bump! CD14 today... No ovulation signs as yet, can see it being a late one again! Xx

Awww Tina, I'm excited for your excitement! If that makes sense? Haha! Sorry to ask again as my memory is shocking. You get the meds on Tuesday, they show you how to do it all, then when do you actually start taking them? How's mark feeling about the whole thing? Bet he's nervous as well as excited?

Ewwwww white lightening, diamond white, Thunderbird wine & mad dog 20/20 .... jesus , they were like acid!

Aaron has really annoyed me, he went to get a Chinese before, came back & totally forgot to order mine. Got loads of shit for himself and forgot me! I'm sulking in bed...he does it all the time, even when I write a list!! Forgets the ONE thing I ask for! So I've just had a brew & 2 chocolate hobknobs instead!
Has anyone watched that series Gotham?? Just started it now, it's ace xx

OMG!! Seriously WTF!! How could he forget to get you food? I wouldn't be happy but would probably just have biscuits and a cuppa and be moody too :rofl:

Eeekkk Tina,not long now.

Diamond white, thunderbird, green dragon cider,bleurgh!! How could we have ever drank that stuff!!??

Because it was cheap! haha Lambrini too.. I remember it used to make me gag when I had a swig yet I still drank it!

Frisky, how awful that Aaron forgot your food! I'd be making him go back if it was Mark. Is it crazy that at 6.40am I could just eat a chinese now hahaha.

Well the protocol is...
I get my meds on Tuesday.
18th Aug - I have my appointment to be shown how to inject
24-26th Aug (whenever CD1 falls) I shall phone the hospital and they will get me in straight away for a scan to make sure my ovaries/womb etc are looking okay
28th Aug - CD3 Injections to stimulate ovaries commence for 12 days
11th Sept - Around this date egg retrieval will happen
14th-16th Sept - Embryo transfer

Then the 2WW begins!

Of course all of those dates are estimations at the minute because it all depends when my AF shows

xx

It's all happening so quickly Tina, really happy for you! Good luck again my lovely!

Congratulations Ab! That's great news, well done. I used to be a mental health/addiction support worker. I did it as an on-call support as a student and then agency when I came back from living abroad. My Mum and best friend are RMNs and I grew up around mental health issues so never had any fear. Still I couldn't do it forever as it does take it out of me emotionally. I couldn't switch off very well after work. You need to have a really special temperament to work in learning difficulties though. It's really challenging. Hats off to you!

Busy weekend for us this week. Beach day Friday with support from my Aunt and cousins, kiddie festival show yesterday morning followed by the museum with the kiddos and Matt. I'm pooped but on the plus side I lost 3lb last week!

I'm 33 today. Feeling kinda bleugh about it really. We leave for our tour of Canada a week Thursday and short of buying a new suitcase I'm not very organised yet! The sun is kinda disappearing up here now so it's probably safe to start packing summer stuff.

What are y'all like with your teenage rebel stories??! I was an absolute bore by comparison. I had so many sports and clubs on the go at school that I didn't hang out with people much drinking although I did drink. There's only one thing I've always really regretted and that was losing my virginity at 15 on holiday with my Aunt. I've never told anyone that before. I just blanked it out like it never happened. I hope to God it doesn't happen like that for either of my kids.

I did my drink till you pass out thing at Uni in first year and whisky was my poison! I did a month long detox after I realised I went out with £30 in my purse, drank £1 union whiskys all night long and went home sober! I don't think I've had more than 2 glasses of wine together since a year before I had Mia - some 4 years now!! God, writing this post is making me want a gin, or maybe Pimms! Not till Leo is off the boob though. Sigh. Yes, definitely a boring birthday for me this year. No drink AND no chocolate.

Go for it at your access course night Frisky. My husband did an Open Uni access course and that's him going into second year this year. Unlike me who went to Uni because I was told to, Matt, my brothers, my Mum and even my Dad have all done Uni in their 30s and they've actually chosen subjects they are really passionate about and that they know will guide them to a particular job and they've excelled and really loved it. I think it's the best thing in the world, for you and for your family long term. I'll never push my kids to study at 18 when they have no idea in the world what they want to do or before they've travelled and learned anything about themselves.

OK ladies, happy Monday. I'm taking the kids to the Parliament (free creche) this afternoon for a bit of respite and a quite cup of coffee just me and Leo and my friend. I think Leo might actually become a giant. He's so long I'm gonna have to put him in 6 month clothes at month 4. Perks of a 6ft-3 Dad. Mia has my family's dwarf genes poor thing ;)

hahaha Edinburgh, I just had a vision of Mia looking up at her giant brother! Bless her <3

HaPpY bIrThDaY!!!! I did wish you a happy birthday on FB but here's an even better one. Shame though like you said that you can't have a drink but sometimes we don't need a drink to celebrate! Just a few special presents and a happy birthday cuddle off your kids can beat a bottle of wine any day! Evie made me a card in school last year for my birthday and it hands down beat any of the expensive gifts that Mark bought for me. Not that I'm not grateful for them but small things from your kids mean the world!

Sorry to hear that you regret losing your virginity the way you did, but I guess most people would regret it really! I waited until I was 18 and I was with a guy who I thought was the best thing since sliced bread. He never rushed me into sex and for that I am thankful because it made my first time quite special. He did however cheat on me a few months later so that was the end of that!

What did the kiddies get you for your birthday?

Hope you have a lovely day xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->