7DPO and lots of CM (sorry if TMI!)

Hi girls, I'm back home now after my egg retrieval

We got 8 eggs! I don't know how to feel about it because I've got no idea what is a good number or not. The nurse said she was happy with what we've got because some women can get 30 eggs and end up with OHSS and the eggs not being great quality

The whole process went great though, I was asleep within seconds and awake half an hour later. I'm in quite a bit of pain though and having some bleeding so I'm feeling all sorry for myself

Just have to wait on a phone call tomorrow morning now to see if everything has fertilised!

Xxx

Oh tina that's great news!!!! Put your feet up today, drink tea, eat chocolate and relax!!!!! Modern medicine is just amazing!!!!

I'm off work today, viv has been up all night with a vomiting bug :( ugh, she always picks up the good bugs! She vomited everywhere so everything has had to be cleaned and washed today, my washer has been on since 10pm last nite..... She seems ok now and just had something to eat so let's hope she keeps it down. The school have told me she can't go in tomorrow either as she has to be 'vomit free' for 48 hours.... Work are not impressed... What can you do though in these situations??? My sickeness record is going to be so bad!!!

That's great Tina xx

Hope Viv feels better soon xx

Tina, how are you feeling?? Hope your not in too much pain. Fingers crossed for you xx

Betty, there is literally nothing you can do in these situations. Kiddies come first, hope viv is feeling better. Joe had a bug last week, it's not nice to watch them suffer xx

Morning ladies, how are we all??
First science class later today! Eeeeek haha xx

What's everyone got planned for weekend? Aarons on call, so we won't be able to do much as he normally does have to go out. It's my friends babys first birthday party on Sunday, they have hired a hall out with loads of soft play equipment, a bouncy castle outside and top notch food. They are loaded...poor Oscar isnt even having a party! Haha
Tina, what was blackpool zoo like? I went years ago with Joe and I thought it was really good. Thinking of going next week for Oscars birthday, Chester zoo is too expensive, it's ridiculous xx

Fingers crossed for your phonecall this morning lovey xx

Morning lovelies!!

Feeling much better this morning, the bleeding has stopped though I still feel like my womb has been in a punch up haha.

Blackpool zoo was good! They have a sealion show and a parrot show and new baby lion cubs. If you go though I'd advise to take your own food because everything costs a fortune in there!

Betty, is viv feeling any better?

I'm just in the hairdressers getting my colour done and extensions tightened. I'm having some well deserved pamper time!

Haven't heard anything from the hospital as yet... I'm desperate for my phone to ring!!! Haha

Xx

Tina any news?? I'm jealous of your pamper sesh. I'm getting my hair done next week though. Need a top up on the sunbed too!

Well my science class was ok, people there around my age and one alot older. well hard though, haha... I'm gonna have to really get my head down and concentrate x
Really feel like having a bloody good drink this weekend but Az is on call. Will have to wait till next weekend, I've asked my mum to sit after our day out to the zoo.....celebrate our first year of being mummy and daddy to Oscar!! (any excuse) xx

Ahhh glad that your science class went well! I can imagine it won't be easy. Science was never my strong point in school, I was more interested in art and P.E than getting my nerdy head on

The hospital called... We had 8 eggs to begin with. Out of the 8, 7 of them were suitable for ICSI. 6 out of 7 fertilised so we have 6 beautiful embryos! I'm more than happy with that.

So my transfer is pencilled in for Tuesday all being well. She asked me to keep my phone on me on Sunday in case they need to transfer after 3 days but she says she can't see that being the case.

So good news all around!! In just 4 days I'll be pregnant until proven otherwise!

Xx

Oh my god Tina!!! I'm so excited for you!! How are you feeling about all this? It's bloody amazing really isn't it! Xx

I can't explain how I feel, it's a strange feeling. The IVF journey itself is completely mind consuming and you find yourself focusing every bit of your attention on it. As well as that it's so tough physically on your body, my ovary area is still killing me from egg retrieval and my body feels pregnant because of the trigger shot even though it's not.. So to sum up how I feel, I'm shitting myself in case this doesn't work.. I just want all the injections, pessaries, ultrasounds and medications to be worth it because if I get a negative, I dread to think how I'll react

Xxx

bless you tina! This is such a rollacoaster for you, I can't imagine how you are feeling xxx hope you have managed to enjoy a glass of vino over the weekend!!! :) have you told work that you are going through ivf???
We have had a nice weekend, picked up our new car, whoop!!! God I feel so posh it it!!! Viv is all better now, thank God! She picks up bugs so easily!!! I start my new hours at work from tmrw so I will be now having Wednesdays off!! Amazeballs!!!!!

What has everyone else done this weekend???? Frisky, how are your teeth now??? Did the infection clear up??? Ab, how is frazer? Any better???? Xxx

Evening girls,

I did get 2 glasses of wine in last night haha! I went back and forth over the decision for ages thinking it's bad to have a little drink but my transfer isn't until Tuesday and I haven't touched a drop for a few weeks so a couple of glasses won't do any harm!

I've been waiting by the phone all day in case the embryologist called wanting me to go in to transfer but I've heard nothing. My embryos are 3 days old today and sometimes they transfer after 3 days if they think they may not survive outside if the body until day 5 but I must have some hardcore little embryos on board!

2 days to transfer eeeeekkk!!

I've been babysitting my 18 month old cousin all day so I've not had a minute to do anything! We went to the farm and she was more interested in picking flowers in the grass than looking at the animals haha! Had a great day though

Ooh Betty get you in your posh car!! I bet it's gorgeous. I love the kugas

How are you feeling in yourself now?

Xxx

That's soooo exciting Tina!!!

I'd love a Kuga or a Qasqai lol. We've got an 11 plate zafira which is ok,handy for when my in laws visit.
I was working yesterday. Took the kids to McDonald's today and handed my uniform back in yo my old work.
Haven't used any of my annual leave this year since I've been on maternity leave,do any of you know,will I get paid that???

Morning!

In regards to annual leave AB yes you should definitely get paid that so make sure it's in your final pay packet!

How are you finding your new job after a few days now? Are you still enjoying it?

xxx

Morning!

Thanks Tina,I thought I would but wasn't sure. That'll be a good pay packet whoop whoop! !

Loving my new job. I know some days will be challenging but that's all part of the fun.

How are you feeling today? Xx

:D ahh that's great news! I love my job too, I'd hate to be in a position where I dread coming into work. It's good when it can be enjoyable also.

I'm okay, excited for tomorrow and anxious all rolled into one. I've got a few days off work after the transfer to completely relax. I want to do everything I can for this LO to snuggle in. My mums taking Evie for a few nights, as much as I love her she can be a handful and I want the house to be a de-stress zone!

xx

That's good.
Totally understand, I love my 3 to bits but they stress me out sometimes.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow xx

Thank you my dear! It means a lot <3

Good morning ladies... well not for you Frisky, just seen on FB that you've got the sickness bug :( :( Sending you get well soon wishes.

Well the day is finally upon us, it's only bloody EMBRYO TRANSFER DAY!!! By 3pm this afternoon I will be officially PUPO. I'm super excited to see how our embryos have grown and wondering if they're going to transfer 1 or 2... Am I crazy if I push for 2? I really want this to work, and if asked what I would want more - twins or no baby at all I'd choose twins in a heartbeat. I need this to be our time now, I can't emotionally go through any more so if that means having 2 snugglers in there then I am prepared for that.

Evie woke up at 5am this morning! She had a bad dream and it really freaked her out. I was already up for work so she went and got in bed with her dad, which he was super pleased about... honest!

xxx

Lots of luck today. I don't know all the ins and outs but I'd go for twins!! What if they both split though?? Quads, Eeeeekkkk! !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->