A home for EVERYONE!

Aww thanks Janelley :) I definitely feel like I'm about to pop...I'm getting to that point now where I just want him out, and it seems silly to be so impatient when I've already done 36 weeks...I mean, what's 3 and a bit more weeks in the grand scheme of things? I'm just so impatient to hold my little boy already!

Aspe, I'd definitely recommend a sonoline B fetal doppler, they are absolutely fantastic! I found the heartbeat with my little baby when I was 9+5, and my sister's around 9 weeks...it was a fantastic reasurring little piece of equipment, and I couldn't have been more thankful for having it around in the earlier days!x

Janelle.. I feel fine but very stressed and emotionally distraught. I could cry all day. I have to make that long drive for an appointment for an unknown reason and then go all the way back again next week. I just hope this baby is okay and is delivered healthy.

Loren.. Through the research I have done, it seems as though that is the top pick. Thanks.

Loren, not impatient at all! I felt the same way when I was pregnant with Samuel. I think a lot of it was I was sort of bored with being pregnant and just wanted to be done with it. Then when I was home for the first time, I wished I were still pregnant. LOL

Aspe, I agree with Loren! I've used the same doppler for each pregnancy and I have no complaints. I think I found Sara's HB at 8 weeks. Only place I've been able to find it though is online. Let me know which one you get. :)

I was thinking about this one
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C3MLXBI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2WWN8XZGXRZ1

Aspe, that's exactly the one I have! As for the doctor, I think they are probably referring you because your pregnancy is considered high risk and they are better educated in situations like yours. You can always go and see the doctor and see what it is that they have to say and express to them you don't have the time or money to be driving to see them once a week and maybe they could find you someone closer to you, or after seeing you deem that you're pregnancy is progressing normally. Try to think positive and I'm sure it will all work out for the best. Cheer up, buttercup!

Aspe, can you not ring them to ask stating that the situation is putting you under a lot of stress? I'm sure everything is fine and it is only a precaution but worrying is not good for you or your baby. You are extremely lucky to be getting great attention though, it took me years to find a good doctor (I've been on this journey over 15 years!).

Krissy, I must be 5 hours ahead of you as your post was at 15.10 my time. I'm surprised how close the timeline is to be honest! It's normally 7-8 hours difference from what I know...

Janelle... glad that the house improvements are nearly there, your room looks gorgeous, I'm jealous.

Lp,His Grace, Army and co, I hope you are all well:flower:

I induced with Siena at 39 weeks.. dr said she was big and ready. And she was! Oh and we took the boat out by ourselves Friday and then again Sat with Siena after we took her to baby gym and got her nap in. Oh and church on Sunday. So lots of together time NOT in front of the tv whee! Seems like its hard to get together except to watch tv.

And yea Krissy I was figuring you probably had names because lots of time to think on it. Especially also since you have had a few kids so had to think of names each time! With Siena, we never did come up with a boy name... and we're still stumped!!! Well maybe you are having a boy then since the name came to you so easily!!

Janelle! Yay for the new doors!! And wow... sounds like it was a good thing you guys worked on it since it was so wrong before!! And the skateboard idea was ingenius!! Now if only I could figure out how to use something like that in the mulch so I could get to all my weeds... I've given up on gardening and the gardening season is just starting here, sigh! My front yard looks awful!!

Snow! Oh dear...

Loren - Not silly to be feeling impatient... I am too and have much farther to go!

Oh I have an appt today in a little under 2 hours... miserable today with being tired, hurting, etc. And having co workers comment on how bad I look or how slow I'm walking does not help matters. I want to punch them in the face! "Are you going to make it until June?" was one comment that nearly made me lose my cool. No I'm not going to make it... I'm going to give up. Dude. Some people! ha ok so I guess I'm not handling things well today because feeling poorly. But its happening more often.. whether its heartburn or back pains or pukey nausea or pressure etc etc. Whee third tri...

Libby, I feel ya! This weekend was one of the first weekends in a long time that I had some energy to do something. I took advantage of it! We have a crazy amount of dandelions in our front lawn. It's so annoying. We bought this stuff to spray on the lawn to kill them. We were going to do that today, but the snow messed that up ((grrrr)) Maybe tomorrow. I'm going to get this mulch that has a weed controller in it. I'm lazy! I had a pretty fun idea that I think I'm going to try and do.. We have these weird sprinkler looking things along the sidewalk of our backyard. They are pretty much pvc pipe sticking our of the ground with a funky sprinkler head on it. Not very pretty to look at... Well we have these big barrel planters, but they aren't wood, they look like wood without the rotted look, if that makes sense.. They have a pretty big hole in the bottom, I was thinking about slipping the barrel over the sprinkler, planting a bunch of plants/flowers it it to hide the sprinkler, then covering the ground around it mulch. Nothing grows in this planter anyway....except for weeds and an ugly ass rose bush, which i would totally rip out, but it's got some nasty thorns!!

As for the front, we have a raised planted that goes around our mulberry tree, right now there are about 100 daffodil flowers in it. I have no idea what I'm suppose to do once the flowers die. Do I cut the plant down? or just the flower? I still don't know what I want to do with that planter. Maybe I will mulch it too and call it a day! I like easy maintenance free flowers that get bigger every year and look good year round. Like mexican primrose and daisies. Not boring daffodils.

LOL I guess I really want to garden, because I've been spending all this time that I'm suppose to be painting looking online for flowers and mulch. Ugh..

Libby, You'll make it. I hate when people make comments like that. I went out to lunch with my best friend this past weekend and she said, "you've gotten so much bigger since I saw you 2 weeks ago!" How is that comment in anyway suppose to be flattering? It really hurt my feelings. She then followed up by saying, "It's all in your belly though!" So, that made me feel a little better... I blame it on the sweatshirt I was wearing. I think the worst is when you're like 7 months pregnant and you tell them you've got 2 more to go and their eyes pop out of their head like you just told them you want a sex change or something. Nothing makes me feel fatter than that reaction.

Bottom line, you look great! All of you ladies!! Don't let these un-prego's tell you any different!

Tyler is sooooooo cute! Oh my goodness those precious cheeks.

Libby - I totally agree with you on people's comments. Like I'm not aware of the fact that I feel like crap and I'm walking slow. Just wanna punch them in the throat.

Janelle - Your room looks great. I'm so jealous you have the energy to do so much. I can't even get the energy to tape off the trim so dh can paint his room.

Krissy - Lovely lines!!!!

Maria- Hi! How jave you been? How is school going?

Loren - Your bump is cute.

Angel, Nicole, Pdx, Amber - :wave: Hi!

AFM - Baby moved back down again but contractions have eased off dramatically. I only remember having 3 all day!!!

So prayers please...baby is breach (head up right behind my belly button) ad so I get another ultrasound at 36-37 weeks to check on growth and position again. If still breach then I'll have to get a C-section at 39 weeks. Otherwise baby is completely healthy and kicking my cervix a lot. Baby is weighing 9 ounces over the average but doctor isnt concerned since all my babies have been average or bigger.

Oh and I'm measuring 31 weeks instead of 32. Doctor said I'm "hiding" this baby well. LOL Wish I felt that way!Amazingly my weight gain has slowed down. I've gained only 1.25 pounds in exactly 2 weeks.

nicole guess i am confused here...you say the baby is breech but its head is right behind your bell button? how is that possible when you are carrying so high and not only that if the baby only went the length from your belly button down..um that is not a very big baby.....so yeah confused here....either good luck i guess......

aspe-i was thinking about getting a doppler to but i am not too sure yet i havent priced them yet. oh how i wish your healthcare system was a little different. like i said my MIL lives in canada with her current husband i hear all the time how it is hurry up and wait there. oh i pray everything is ok with that little baby!!!!

Angel- i looked up and yeah it says you are about 5hrs ahead. oh i cant wait only two days to go!

Grace-before you know it your baby will be here before we all know it!

JAnelle- i love all you did!!! it looks great and you should rest!

lizzy- your weekend sounds just amazing! so glad your dh came to his senses!!!!

afm- i think i am getting a sinus infection. my head hurts, and ear is killing me usually the first signs. other than that actually had a bad upset stomach last night at work but yeah....not so bad today. well gonna get kids ready for school...

Sorry for the confusion. The technician said that the baby's head is right in the middle so by saying "behind my belly button" I was trying to give you a better picture. I know that the crown of the head comes up at least 4 inches past my belly button. You also have to keep in mind that my torso is 2-3 inches longer than the average woman's.

why do dr office want to scare the hell out of me? my fam dr called to say i should get in this week to my ob bc my progestrone was low? mine was 14.07 at 3 weeks 6 weeks and hcg was 159.7...everything i read said normal. i am on hold with the ob office now to see if i need to do more blood work. but i looked at the livestrong website for 4-6weeks preg 12-20 for progesterone is normal. so here we go....its my birthday....i never have a good birthday......

:cake: Happy Birthday Krissy!

Hope you're able to enjoy it! Don't let those doctors scare you!

AFM, Today, I paint. Got an email from FIL that he's bringing me back a bunch of flagstone for my flower bed wall. Looks like Dan's going to have a lot of yard work to do these coming months. LOL

Happy Birthday Krissy! I'm sorry that your fam. dr is making you doubt things. Maybe they are just extra cautious with your progesterone numbers because of your history?

Krissy - Awwwww feel better! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man Nicole sorry baby is still breech. But yeah still time to turn right? Good job on the weight!

Janelle - Yeah you can HAVE my garden! I hate gardening! But I felt like we needed some landscaping since everyone else has some... but I try for the bare minimum, ha. I like the prettiness but hate the upkeep! But my skin hates the sun... so I associate gardening with sunburn or at least the threat of sunburn!

Ha and yeah people are always shocked to hear I have 2 more months. Blah! I am VERY conscious of my size and the weight I've gained and how my stomach will still look huge after I have this baby. Searching like crazy for shirts that will hide it better this time around sigh. Nothing with an empire waist because that just emphasizes the belly even more. It stuck out farther than my boobs for ages, so was pretty hard to hide. Most materials cling to it. And won't be able to hide in winter clothes until at least November! It's not as bad if I have the baby with me... but with working, that's not possible for most of the time after 3 months. Anyway, if anyone has had success finding flattering nursing/post-partum clothing, let me know... I am amazed at how much of the stuff is tight fitting sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->