A home for EVERYONE!

I need to ask misty if she's got another night in her hospital room or not... I know she wasn't sure at one point... oh I hope her cute baby boy gets to go home soon!

Ok I am giving into my cravings... headed to get hummus wrap! Hey, at least its healthy! Ha but had it 2 days ago... so will make myself eat in thurs and fri to try and be economical...

Libby, I know how you feel. There was a really good hummus wrap in Florida that I craved all the time. It had roasted red peppers and everything. Good stuff! Dan and I make these wraps with breaded tilapia, lettuce, and caesar dressing. We wrap it in a spinach wrap. I think that might just be on tonight's dinner menu. It's easy and quick!

Bah. So I get my wrap and it looks smallish... well, turns out she made me a half wrap?? And me being stupid, I think oh its fate when I get screwed like that... like I'm not MEANT to eat a whole one so need to jsut put up with it. So stupid I know!

Oh and posted this in my journal but some of you ladies I'm sure have advice so will paste it here!!

"Has anyone ever used a maternity support belt? My dr was out this week so I saw a midwife... and she suggested one to help deal with my lower back and lower front pains... I read some online reviews for some and it sounds like it'll be hard to hide it under clothes especially since its summer?? Like you wear it over a tank because can be itchy, but then obvious you're wearing it if you have a tight second layer? Thoughts?"

Libby - I had to get a maternity belt and it is hard to cover it up with light clothes. I've.just been wearing dresses or thin layers.

I have one my mom bought me from when I had a lot of pelvic pressure ( back in 2nd trimester when baby was actually head down!). I couldnt wear it for more than 45 minutes though because it would make my back hurt worse. I think I know the exact one you are talking about and that was the one I wanted but my mom bought the cloth Medela one. I havent worn my support belt out of the house yet so I dont have any clothing advice.

ouch ouch ouch now that i know sprout's position, i know its his feet kicking me in the ribs and stomach on the right side. He is so much stronger than Siena was! I don't remember the kicks ever bothering me before! Oh dear this boy is going to be so different than my little Siena! Oh but that may mean in multiple ways... so maybe he will be less fussy and high maintenance too!!

Yeah, boys are definitely different than girls in the womb. Joshua's kicks were so much stronger and more noticable than Jerusha's. Movement were also more noticable from the outside. He was also a lot more active it seemd but maybe that was because when I was pregnant with Jerusha I was chasing Joshua around all day.

0410111454.jpg
0410113042.jpg
0410111344.jpg

Done!! Dan can paint and nail in the base boards. When ever that project comes around.

Ugh... I'm dreading the fireplace.

Libby, My son moved more than Sara does, but wasn't nearly as strong as Sara. I'm happy she doesn't move like he did. She's a monster!!! I have a feeling she is going to break my water with a punch! A painful one at that!

hey janelle do you have a before and after pic? those cabinets look brand new!

I just poured a diet dr pepper... hoping this 'treat' will help distract me from this pain... going to try and make it at work one more hour... although I am doing NO work now... and I just got done crying in the bathroom and trying pelvic lifts and stretches to try and feel better to no avail... ahhhhhhhhh! Headed straight to the tub after work. And seeing if DH can pick up Siena. I can feed her... and bathe her (I'll get in with her)... and then hopefully I can lie around while she plays.

I am hoping this baby is more anxious to get out and decides to come before 40 weeks on his own! Yeh push his way OUT instead of beating up my insides!

Ok I'm pretty sure Nicole you said you found out the gender... and I asked what you heard... are you wanting to keep it a secret?!?! Is it a boy or girl????

Yes Libby, check out this beauty!!
Kitchen before 1.jpg
This is what the kitchen looked like when we first moved in. Notice the fancy extension cord running from the microwave to the outlet. Whoever lived here before were lazy and had terrible style! There was and still is grandma wallpaper everywhere!! We opened it up and rearranged stuff. Had to build a few cabinets, but you can't even tell now that they're all painted.

WOW Janelle...the transformation is truly commendable...awesome job...did u guys do the entire thing by yourself?countertops,backsplash, everything?

Awe, thanks! For the most part yes. Dan's Dad helped Dan build the extra cabinets, although Dan and I built the one that the double oven is in. The back splash I traded watching my friends devil child for a month and his dad came and did the work, but we had to buy the tile, which we got a sweet deal on. The counters are from ikea and they were a pain in the ass, but I'm glad that they are done! I love the "country/farmhouse" feel that this kitchen has and the french doors just tie it all together. Now all I need are some flowers in my backyard so that some color can shine through the windows!!

Well the baby is a...BOY! I told Josh we found out by accident (kinda true). The technician said "yep, thats definitely a boy". I didnt get a picture of the proof though.

Janelle - Y'all did an awesome job! HGTV is real for y'all. :)

Nicole - how are you feeling about baby being a boy? Hopefully your dh doesnt get too upset about you knowing. What about names?

well went and had my u/s done and i am still too early to see anything. i figured i would be bc at this point with my daughter we didnt see anything either. i wont even be 5 weeks till friday so i will just be excited about my great numbers and leave it at that.

Hey girls. :hugs: Hope you all are well. Krissy, I can't wait for the ultrasound!

Janelle - Y'all did an awesome job! HGTV is real for y'all. :)

Nicole - how are you feeling about baby being a boy? Hopefully your dh doesnt get too upset about you knowing. What about names?

I was kinda thinking it was a boy (mother's intuition hasnt been wrong yet) and hoping. I'll be fine emotionally. He was anxious to know the gender once he knew that I knew and so did Jerusha. We've had a name picked out basically since I hit 10 weeks pregnant.

Ok after a looooonnnnngggg day i am going to bed. my poor kitchen needs my attention but it will have to wait till tomorrow. i am exhuasted and sore. kept the kids up late so hopefully they will sleep in good.

good night all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->