A home for EVERYONE!

We are interviewing pediatricians next week. Outside of seeing if we get along with him/her is there anything we should be looking for or asking? I need advice from real mommas.

I'm not the one to give advice on that Grace. DH just prefers someone that we are comfortable asking questions and he prefers that the doctor be the same gender as the child but I'm not going to worry about that this time. I'm going on Monday to sign the medical release forms at the pediatrician's office because I know it may take 1-2 weeks to get the records back seeing as it took nearly 6 weeks to get mine back from NY. Since my daughter is older than new baby, I've decided to just go with a female pediatrician at least until DH returns to live with us.

AFM-Didnt sleep well at all. Tried to go to bed at midnight after preparing a diaper bag for today but I couldnt get comfortable so I got up and watched a little TV. Finally was able to fall asleep around 2:30 a.m. Of course I had my alarm set for 7:30 but my body woke me up to pee at 6 am so here I am. I'm taking a MTN Dew in the bag with me so I can stay awake at least until the wedding ceremony is over at 3 p.m.

Nicole hopefully you hear from dh soon! good luck today at the wedding!

Janelle-have fun today planting if sara lets you......me its back to work...yuck!!!!

Lizzy-sounds like a nice laid back day have fun!

Grace-oh I cant wait for the baby showers and what not! have fun getting it all together in time for baby!

AFM-um yeah I just slept ALOT! I took a nap from like 130-245, again from 7-8, went got some stuff from the store then I was back out by 10pm. other than getting up every few hours to pee I slept till 8 this morning and decided to get up. I got things to get done and ready before work but at the same time I want to sleep more!

Grace- I have been up since very early also… But I don't know what time. I almost just don't want to know anymore ha ha. And yeah you'll have more laundry to do after your baby shower for sure!

Ped... Word-of-mouth seems to work best here. It was hard to judge if they were good doctor based on one meeting! But if you can't seem to get recommendations from others… Just know you can always switch later if needed. Sometimes it helps to go to a group practice, so you can easily switch if you find another one you end up liking better. But that also means you don't always see your doctor for sick visits. We have found we ended up liking all of the ones at our group practice, so I guess we aren't that picky after all.

Krissy- That is some nice sleep! I am jealous! I am not getting all that much sleep these days. But my child is younger so that plays into it!

I met my in-laws for breakfast this morning and then went with mil to baby gym. And then we went to target... Got some nursing bras and some large underwear for post baby... Then lunch at Subway and home. Siena wouldn't take a nap until three which was frustrating! I am exhausted… So I think she will still go to bed at 7:30!

Wedding was beautiful. The ceremony and the bride were beautiful. Good time all around. My feet do hurt though.

DH sent me a FB email saying he'll be able to talk again!

Going to put away more laundry, eat, and finish packing my hospital bag. Might not be going to church tomorrow depending on how well I sleep tonight.

So I fell on the cement floor of my laundry room. Dont worry, I landed on my right knee. Skinned a small segment of it so now it hurts.

Good morning everyone.

Nicole - Sorry you fell but so happy you heard from DH.

Nicole- oh man sorry about that fall! Ouch!

Hey Grace!

Hey everyone else! I'm still in bed... Trying to decide what I'll do today... Anyone heard from Loren?

So I caught up on some seep. Now have a groggy headache but glad I slept for more than 3 hours. Going to eat something and hope I can at least get the dishes done before they drop Jerusha back off at home.

Question: At what point did you or will you put your nursing stuff in the closest/dresser and pack up all your pregnancy stuff? I'm thinking I'll be doing that on the 18th since that will be 38 weeks for me and I'm not expected to make it to my due date. It's so close now! I just hope this baby waits another 8-10 days since I want to be able to have Jerusha's birthday party in 6 days.

I went to bed with a sore lower back (sore, not cramping) even after waiting 30 minutes for Tylenol to kick in and 3 hours later it was even worse. After sleeping some more my back feels better but whenever I'm in bed I get a sharp pain in my cervix when I move my hips. Ok, I'll check back in 3-4 hours.

Im still lurking ladies...just a little difficult to stay updated when I have a greedy little munchkin hanging off my boobies all day long ;) hes put on 5oz at only 5 days old though! So incredibly proud!

Hope all you ladies are well!! Xxx

Good to hear from you Loren! Ha yeah ill be same once baby is here! Only reason I'm on right now even is bc Siena is napping and I'm in the bath so not napping yet!

Nicole- hope those are signs your lo is coming sooner! I definitely get more lower back pains and aches now... And I do like when I get the sharp pains in cervix area... Makes me hopeful! I know mine is soft but that was it last dr appt. I have no idea when Sprout wants to come!

Hate to burst your bubbles ladies, but I've been having those symptoms for weeks and nothing. I had them with Samuel as well and they went on for weeks as well. It's just the joys of being in the third trimester! Baby will come when they are good and ready.

AFM, I'm pretty sure all the yard work Dan and I did yesterday moved things a long. I'm still having contractions and I'm happy to report that I finally lost my mucus plug! I have been having more painful contractions, but they aren't back to back mostly a couple really painful ones every hour, but still 10 mins apart. Still playing the waiting game. Curious to know how dilated I am with all these contractions. Only time will tell I guess. Thought I better pop on and give you ladies a heads up! Still pregnant. Still waiting.

Janelle.. Yahooo!! Hopefully Sara will arrive soon. Is Dan done with school? Is your mil back?

Aspe, thanks!!! Dan has 3 more pages to write and then he is done with 8 papers! How he does this I have no idea. He can just write and write all day long. I would get so bored and go cross eyed! MIL gets back on the 7th at midnight before the 8th. FIL is back though. So, if we go into labor we're covered with someone to watch Samuel.

How are you feeling??

Ok, so even though I have gained more than I wanted to initially I don't have a single new stretch mark. I did have 5 BH contractions today but they weren't painful, just annoying. It is a step forward though since for the past 10 weeks I'd only get about 2 BH contractions in a week. Still don't think anything is happening down there but will know for sure on Tuesday at my appointment.

Yeah I really don't think Sprout is coming early. I feel too comfortable, really.

Janelle - Yay for losing your plug! I lost mine awhile before they induced me with Siena, but I've heard some people say it was close to when things really started moving for them! Seems like all these contractions will have done something! My dr said that's what dilates you... so seems like you'd have to be decently dilated by now!

afm - Boss retired. Will have a new temp boss every 30 days. Oh joy... glad I will be gone for 3 months of that! First person is already wanting a group mtg plus individual meetings... not a good sign... man I sure hope he isn't a micro-manager. Oh and I was going to go to the post office at lunch, but just don't have the energy. Guess I will try to go after work. Need to get some cards mailed and one feels heavier. May just pile on the stamps and call it a day.

Maria.. We are finding out in June. I was fine if we did or did not but db was all for it

Janelle.. My doctor wants to put me on low dose aspirin, once daily. What time of day did you take yours? I read it can cause umbilical cord clotting and not being able to get an epidural. Is this true? I am kind of worried about taking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->