A home for EVERYONE!

I'm glad you're finally getting medical help for your migraines, Janelle. Sounds like they're getting worse.

Here was my evening tonight... Town wiped out by twin tornados tonight. Hour and a half away. Tornado headed for my city but went away when it got to us and we just got wind and tons of rain. Tyler, the cats and I were in the closet under the steps downstairs. Jake laughed at me and was watching out the front door. I was freaking out!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 3
Aspe, snacks are so tricky. I relied way too heavily on those pouch things. They get expensive though. I think puree is perfectly fine. We were still doing puree at that point. If you want to do very small bits of finger foods though, that is okay too. I think I made the switch to mostly finger foods at around 1 year. I have friends who did it from the start (once they started table foods), and that's okay too. Just whatever you want to do.

Janelle, I'm so sorry your migraines are getting worse! Hope you and Sara are both doing okay with the weaning, but obviously you can't go living life like that! Topamax is a super effective medication, but RARELY it can cause some serious eye problems, so if things get way blurry in the first couple of weeks, discontinue the med and see a doctor ASAP!! It's definitely NOT something you can just "ride out." I don't say that to discourage you from taking it, but I was "lucky" enough to see a patient that had this problem. Most optometrists probably go their entire careers not even knowing this is a thing (I had certainly never heard of it until I met this patient and started researching it), so it's rare enough that many doctors may not mention it as a possible side effect. So I just have an annoying habit of bringing it up as a possibility to anyone who is about to start or has recently started taking it. Still definitely worth a shot to get your life back. Most people do fine with it and love it like Dan's aunt! You are absolutely right to get help because that is no way to live life, especially if it can be prevented!

Misty, that IS freaky, yikes! I'll look outside when I know it's far enough away, but something close and for sure doing damage, you better believe I'm running for cover! Glad you're safe.

AFM, some subtle changes to my signature. ;) Going to try to write up more about it soon.

Yes ma'am, gonna have another girl! That means DD (or should I say DD1????) is a good guesser! She's 2 for 2! And very excited. We were going to be happy no matter what, so it was a win-win. :)

Congrats!!! Easier since you already have everything for a girl right?

Thanks ladies!

Erin, I am nervous about taking the drug and I have read about some about vision problems. Ha, I know if I have any questions who to contact! Congrats on another girl btw!

SO, this is kinda off subject, but I was talking with Krissy a little bit tonight about being a preemie and what not and I'm not sure if you ladies knew that I was 12 weeks early.

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140616_202943_zpsog7flvtu.jpg

I weighted a whopping 3 lbs 4 oz and I was 15 3/4" long.

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140616_203805_zpshfzvvjtc.jpg

Aint that the sweetest picture in the world :winkwink: How old do you think I am in this picture? Any guesses??? I was 6 WEEKS!!! Isn't that crazy?! At 1 month old I only weighed 3 lbs 14 oz at 2 months I was 4 lbs 14 oz and at 12 weeks I was 6 lbs 10 oz
Do you see those cute little stuffed animal feet in the top corner? Here is the animal compared to Sara's size today.

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140616_204412_zps0c4gruqv.jpg

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/IMG_20140616_203125_zps2geofppy.jpg

That's my Grandpa holding me. So, it's safe to say I was pretty little and as Krissy puts it I turned out "pretty normal" :haha: Minus this weird smile that I always did when I was little. Of all the pictures that I've seen, this is how I smile in them if I'm not looking like a deer in headlights.

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/IMG_20140616_203627_zpsantldcv1.jpg

Aspe, I wanted to let you know that I was looking in this baby calendar thing and it says that I didn't start crawling until 9 months. So, don't you worry! All babies are different.

And Erin, remember that puff paint mirror shirt I was talking about, here it is.. You can't tell by the picture because I had to take a picture of my computer screen, but yea.. I was a styling 1st grader!
https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii526/janelleybean1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140616_213043_zps8wmbsfsg.jpg

Hi ladies! guess I am a lot like Janelle lately with MIA but its bc I am juggling 3 kids a newborn and a pain in the butt husband who I guess forgot the baby gets all the attention and is having attitude problems lately lol.

Janelle-yes we talk all the time but I am sooo happy you are getting help for those migraines! I agree sometimes it is hard to tell when one is coming on. I know sometimes it just feels like I have a bad sinus headache then BAM I am down for the count! I have not had a migraine since I got pregnant with blake...well I take it back I had a mild one when he was like 4 days old and I say mild bc I could still function and the NORCO I was taking for my surgery pain helped it. but I know I have had a few migraines that had gotten out hand and I really felt like I was dying! I could not open my eyes I was throwing up I could not stand bc I was so dizzy and yes I cried to and yes it made it worse. I remember one that was so bad my mom took me to the ER(I have gone 3 times for the last 3 years or so with it being this bad) and my mom had to take the clock off the wall in the room bc the ticking was making it worse. and they asked what my pain level was I was like well above a 10. at first the nurse goes you know that mean its the worst pain you have ever felt and I said yes! I have had 3 kids by csection knee surgery and discolated my knee sever times and this is a million times worse!!! they had to dope me up with all kinds of meds for like 6 hours or so and finally when it was like a 3 I said let me go home now I just need sleep bc you are so physically drained at that point.
my brother uses the topmax and he said its the only thing that helped him. I take imatrex and it works as long as I take it when I have the warning signs but if it is a full blown one doesn't really work. also I am happy you shared about your itty bittyness because it is a true miracle you lived back then! and I said your pretty normal bc you are friends with me so cant be that normal. I mean come on we text all the time but talked once on the phone and that was only bc you were making sure I was still alive in the hospital...which by the way I aprricated you made me feel special!!!

misty-I am not a fan of storms either and we have no basement which sucks! but I don't run and hide till they are knocking and luckly enough we live in the middle of Michigan where we don't get too many tornadoes compared to like the south/western part.

erin-congrats on baby girl #2!!!

aspe-i started my kids on like toddler snacks when they were 6 months. dr said it was fine. gerber makes these snacks that dissolve really easy and as long as the kid can pick it up and put in and watch for the gumming and swallowing like Janelle said you should be good. then also like Janelle said do soft table foods. my kids loved when they got "real"food.... oh and my oldest Joshua crawled for the first time for pizza LMAO!

grace-how the pregnancy going? I would switch drs! ha I did with blake I was 30weeks before I finally switched and I am SOOOOOOOOO happy I did I am actually sad that I didn't do it sooner and went to this new OB when my family dr had suggested it when I first got pregnant...I at first felt guilty for switching but in the end do what makes you feel good! and actually all the ob I have gone to with more than one in the practice wants you to see everyone just in case the one you have been seeing is not around.

zoey-happy ella is doing so well!!! yes time does fly! love seeing them change and develop but breaks your heart at the same time!

if I missed someone sorry!!!

afm-those storms are headed our way so looks like the next few days we are staying in as much as possible.

yesterday I went shopping with my mom. I am so happy I have such a great relationship with her she is really one of my best friends and we talk about every thing. well her and my dad are renewing their wedding vows in a few weeks so we went to find clothese for everyone for it. we got my moms dress, I already have a dress so I got new shoes I love and my mom bought me some new tanks one is a little mermaid one I love it josh said I look like a little kid...bite me lol. got the boys outfits my moms shoes the boys shoes avaries dress and shoes and all for under $200! we were bargin shoppers stars yesterday!!!

little mister blake is doing good! he is eating on average of 3oz still at a feeding but when he is up longer...he will do like 2hr or so stretches now...he will eat 3oz at first then at least another 2oz or so before he naps again.

and speaking of nap is about my nap time.

Well I went to the doctor today and told him my whole life story in hopes that he would have some sort of reason as to why I'm getting migraines. He feels that they are hormonal and he said that he sees more women between the ages of 25 and 39 complaining of migraines. He said since I started getting them when I was a teenage and with my family history that I might continue to get them until I reach that golden age of menopause. No idea when the heck that is! He also said that it's common to have more frequent and more intense migraines if they are hormonal after you have babies. Especially at this age. He said that a woman's hormones are always at different levels and sometimes even birth control can't help to level them out.

So, he gave me a prescription for topamax 100mg 2x a day, but I'm going to start out with just 100mg at night and see how I do with that. Then I have a prescription for imitrex for when I get a migraine. I have another prescription for nausea for when I get those migraines that make me sick and of course vicodin for when all else fails I can take one of those and pass the f*ck out!

I REALLY hope that this works. I'm already starting to get that sinus pressure in my nose, so migraine isn't far behind. He did mention to watch the barometric pressure. What the hell is that anyway? I've heard that a lot. My mom used to always say she went into labor with me because of a barometric pressure drop. What, am I suppose to assume that when there is a barometric pressure drop that I'm going to get a migraine?!? Serious. I could see myself turning into a make-shift tweaker, getting paranoid about whether the barometric pressure drops too much.

So, this will probably be my last coherent post for awhile. I'm preparing for the worst. My doctor already told me that I might turn into a raging bitch. So, I've already forewarned Dan to make a list of reasons as to why he loves me so that he can pull it out and read it when I turn into Mr. Hyde.

So ladies, as of right now.... I'm on vacation!

Janelle-ok I know this whole migraine crap sucks and isn't any fun trying to mange but I still cant help but laugh reading your post. I swear only you can turn something so terrible as this migraine crap into something so funny! and the hormone thing is so true for me!

ok I am exhausted!!! second day in a row blake thinks 5am is a good time to get up for a few hours......

Ah Janelle I didn't know you were a preemie. What a cute little tiny you were. Glad everything went well for you! We have a family friend, and he was born I think at 27 weeks, and he did fine too. It's inspiring to see stories of great outcomes like that! I was somewhat a preemie too, but nothing by comparison! I was 6 weeks early. I was 5 lbs 4 oz at birth. Also I love that cute crooked smile hehe. :)

Oh and I DO remember you talking about that puff paint mirror shirt. Oh man I would have been so jealous LOL.

That's interesting that hormonal migraines usually get worse after having a baby. I never knew. I've had only very few true migraines in my life, but I can always count on a "really bad headache" toward the end of my period. They actually got better after having my DD though. I also used to be the kind of person to try to not take meds unless it got bad, but I finally got it through my thick skull that if I let it get that bad, nothing's going to work. So finally I started just taking something when I had a headache just getting to that "annoying" stage. After having my DD, if I took something then, even ibuprofen would do the trick.

Anyway, glad you're getting help for the migraines. Hope you tolerate the meds fine and they get you back to having a normal way of life!

Hiya Krissy good to see you. Sorry about the husband problems. It's hard enough adapting to a whole new way of life with wonky hormones!

That's great that you got some time out with your mom! My mom wasn't always one of my "best friends," but we get along great now (helps that I'm older, but really I think not living with her is the main thing! well and her being post-menopausal :rofl: glad she doesn't read this). But she's always been my favorite person to shop with. That'll be so special when your parents renew their vows. <3

Glad to hear Blake is doing great! :D

Erin - exciting finding out the gender... I still have about 13 more weeks until I find out.

Krissy - Glad to hear Blake's e as ting well and you got to spend some time we it your mom.

Janelle - love the pictures. I too had a few puff paint shirts but I had the matching pants too. I remember peeling the paint off of the shirts when I would wear them.

AMF - I am huge right now. Everyone either assumes I'm due any day now or that it must be twins because I'm so big. I'm gonna punch the next person that makes a comment about my belly in their throat. People just think they can say anything about your body to you when you're pregnant. So if you hear about a crazy pregnant lady in Texas getting arrested for assaulting people in Target, at the library, or at the park for making comments about her body don't be surprised if you see me. *whew*

***now back to your regularly scheduled programing***

Grace, I still admire your perseverance!

I am sure you are BEAUTIFUL. I'm not sure why people feel like they need to comment. I'm sure if anyone gets punched, they have it coming. ;)

Grace-omg I know what u mean about people! I got those same remarks constantly when I was prego with Blake. Finally when I was 34weeks I just would say yes any day. But I was always wondering if I looked prego or just super fat....thank goodness Janelle was always there to say just prego, even Dan would say I was a cute prego lady....Janelle has a good one! U just need to start telling people nope not prego just fat and let them feel stupid or go off on them always fun! And yes u have the will power of a saint!

Erin-got any names?

Afm storming reallllly bad! Lost power twice now and a house up the road got hit by lightning in the middle of the night and caught on fire! Whole top of the house is gone. But don't worry I am not hiding on a closet watching the craziness from the window with the kids

No names! We don't have a CLUE about girl names! It was hard naming our daughter, so to come up with another name we love feels impossible. We don't really have any usable family names either. We'll probably do like we did with our DD though and keep it a secret until the end. ;) Well, partly we were keeping it secret, but also we weren't 100% decided until she was born, either.

Still alive!

I started my meds last night I only took half of the dose the doctor prescribed per the pharmacist. I felt a little loopy and went to bed with the spins, but I slept so well! For the first time in forever my mind wasn't racing! I have noticed just now when I'm writing this that I am having a little trouble concentrating.. feeling a little.. err... stuuupid...but, whatever.. I'll just make it short.

Grace, punch 'em in the throat! Just kidding. Seriously, I made our neighbor feel hella stupid when I was pregnant with Sara and he asked if I was pregnant. He doesn't really talk to me now; which puts me in an awkward position at times..

Erin, I HAD NO IDEA what to name Sara if she was a boy. We lucked out with names that had that "jingle" tone to them in combination with Dan's last name. I couldn't combine two other boy names...

Okay Sorry ladies.. I can't do this I'm stuggling bad with concentration. Sorry if none of that stuff makes sense.

Janelle-don't worry about it I did not notice any difference although half the time my concentration sucks still so I may not be the one to take advice from lol....

erin-it took us so long for blake that we had names picked out for a very long time...if blake was a girl we were going to us the name Allyson Joy, joy being my middle name....now when I was pregnant with Avarie it took us for ever to pick a girls name! I had liked the name Lillian when I was pregnant with Joshua for a girl but it just did not feel right. so searched forever and josh like Avery and I liked Ava so we compromised and got Avarie. with Jamison I didn't really consider any names till we found out boy or girl and it took us forever on his name to....so I can totally understand the name game!

ok I am off to bed for the night after I pump of corse...

wow seems like when I am mia everyone is supper chatty then when I come back everyone runs.....do I stink?

anyways blake had his weight checked yesterday and he is now 7# 14oz and 20 1/2in so he gained 14oz and 1/4in in a week! well on his way to being a chuncky monkey and today was my due date for him! speaking of which he wants his food now

Hi ladies! Yay blake! Sorry I've been quiet. Haven't had much to add lately.
Slow day at work...blehhhh....

okay so i am going to do my best to try an update you ladies and just to forewarn you it probably wont make any sense.

first.

i upped my dose from 50 mg to 100 mg and the side effects haven't been that bad. i have experienced some tingling in my fingers and feet this morning. nothing too bad. i had a migraine last night which was terrible. i took an imiterx which was awful! felt like it sucked the life out of my head and didn't take my migraine away at all. that medicine is pointless. never again.

sara pulled a muscle in her left leg which has left her immobile. She's not able to move at all. she just sit on her butt where i set her and uses her legs to spin around. the first day was pretty scary. i had no idea what was wrong with her. she just screamed for hours. I called her doctor because i noticed that she wasn't crawling and her doctor told me that she probably pulled a muscle. I took her in yesterday because I was still concerned and she confirmed it was a pulled muscle and a bad one at that. no idea how it happened and no idea how it happened. nothing we can do, but dose her with tylenol and not baby her. we just tickle her feet to force her to move her legs to strengthen her muscle. It just pisses me off that it was when she was close to walking again. it's always one step back with her and her walking. this kid is never going to walk I swear! Oh well.

So, hopefully this all makes sense. I can't concentrate very well because of this medication. I can read fine, but when it comes to connecting my brain thoughts to plunking of the keyboard it becomes pretty jumbled. I apologize if it comes off "wtf is she talking about" I re-read some of my text message and think that quite often..

Hope everyone is doing well. I would try and do personals but I would be here for ever and well.... there isn't much to say. Where is everyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->