A home for EVERYONE!

What the heck just happened? I didn't take Misty's comment as a negative thing, just sympathy for Sara's pain. I hope we've all kissed and made up. Misty, you better not leave us. I will hunt you down.

Janelle - Sorry about Sara's leg. That sounds painful. How is she doing today? Did the doctors say how long it takes a pulled muscle to heal?

Misty - Sorry about Tyler's ear infection. Is the new job getting better? And Ethan is just learning how to run. So yes he wants to do it everywhere.

Erin - I just started getting hash tags too. But I like them for the most part. #makesmethinkiamcool

AFM - We took Ethan to the beach yesterday. One last trip before my travel restrictions kick in next week. He had more fun in the hotel room than the beach but oh well. My mom's mass was benign. So we feel blessed about that. Based on its size and the fact that it had wrapped around her intestines, the doctors said if it was malignant the prognosis would have been grim. Well I need to get up and get ready. We are going to the aquarium before we head back home.

Thanks, Grace. Job is good. New jobs = no vacation time so I'm jealous of you and being able to go on a trip! Where did you go to the beach at? My daughters are on vacation visiting their dad in Virginia. He has a sailboat so they've been out doing that a lot. Ashlie comes back today so I have to go pick her up at the airport an hour and a half away... in storms it appears. Tired of storms! Yesterday was nice tho... we went to a birthday party at Jake's parents house for his niece. Here's a picture of Jake and Tyler chillin in the hammock together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 0
Checking out the horsies with Grandpa.... his first standing on the gate rails :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0
Meeting and petting the horsies. He was nervous... and so was I for him! Haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 0
Grace, she didn't say, just not to baby her is the important thing. Some hours are harder than others. Like yesterday she was was fine sitting in one spot doing nothing. Today, I think she is bored. Because she is just screaming and crying nonstop. We're leaving for the park in a little bit, so hopefully she will be distracted by the rides. There is a motorized train the goes around the lake, so I'm sure she can sit and just watch that for hours while Samuel plays.

Misty, you never answered my questions about Tyler's ears, I really am curious about what the doctor has to say, whether you believe me or not.

I don't think I mentioned to you ladies, but my best friend is getting married on the 19th or the 18th??? one of those days, I can't rememeber ANYWAY after that day, I'm CUTTING ALL OF MY HAIR OFF!!!! That's right! I'm chopping it off and donating it to locks of love AND THEN!! I'm going to dye it all wild and crazy because I can!! Why the hell not? I'm still young!!

Janelle - Love it!!! I cut my hair to about an inch long at least once every few years. Change is fun.

Misty - We went to Padre Island here in Texas. Now we are headed back home. Look like Tyler had a great time. :)

Great pics, Misty!

Janelle, how's Sara doing now? Feeling any better? Have fun rocking some fun and different hair! :D

Grace, I was so happy to see the update about your mom. Thank God. Sounds like you've been having a great time.

AFM, yep, HALFWAY OMG!!! I'm so overwhelmed with stuff to do. But it's very exciting. Totally daunted about naming this kid, but that's only the tip of the iceberg. Had my 20 week ob appt today, and everything is just perfect. I'm so happy to finally be having a nice, boring, uneventful, run of the mill pregnancy! Got to ask more details about my scan I had last Monday, and everything was perfect, SCH is GONE, and baby measured bang on to the day. So happy. :cloud9:

Grace, I'm not cutting it that short. probably to my chin, maybe a little longer mid neck?

Erin, Sara is doing better. She's almost back to normal. We went to the park yesterday and Dan said that she stood up by her self a few times, while Samuel and I were riding the kid train.

Man, I have had a rough few days. I had a terrible migraine yesterday afternoon took me out all afternoon and I had a rough day today emotionally. I cried all day today. Yesterday at the park I was hanging out with my best friend. The one that is getting married. I could be here all night writing you a novel, but the best movie to sum it up is bridesmaids. I had a nervous break down today. I cried to another friend today all over a dress!!! My best friend showed me a dress that another bridesmaid is wearing in her wedding that made me feel like the dress I picked out looks like a potato sack!! So then I had a nervous break down when my husband came home and then my best friend called and the flood gates opened I couldn't help it and I put it all out there, EVERYTHING! Things I had been holding back for YEARS. I couldn't believe the crap that was just falling out of my mouth, but in the end I felt so much better saying it all, but I felt awful at the same time unloading it all just before her wedding.... but you know what she said (she is the sweetest) she told me to grab my potato sack dress and bring it to her moms this Sunday and we're going to alter it so I can be just as beautiful as the bride. :cloud9: (that other bridesmaid can shove it!!)
Then after I got off the phone I dusted off the old treadmill and RAN!! I didn't even think these legs could run!! Lol When I got off I felt like gumby on stilts. It was quite comical. OH! and you want to know a secret. My BFF thinks she might be pregnant and I'm the first one who knows.... SUCK IT OTHER BRIDESMAID!!! She's not for sure, she's been really nauseated these last few days, ntnp for years (pull out method), no positive test yet, but she can't remember when her period is due :dohh: I'm guessing it's just stress from the up coming wedding.. but you never know.. :winkwink:

Hey ya'll!! Long time, no visit, sorry!!! Haven't caught up... but read enough on this page to say a few things... Hello Erin, nice to meet you! Krissy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!! Janelle, oh man I'm glad Sara is ok... that woulda scared the bejeebies outta me! Hi Grace!

And Misty, I think it sounded like you're dealing with Tyler getting ear infections?? I can very much relate... Colton had ear infections for 6 months STRAIGHT. I was going bonkers. Siena had them at his age, but she would at least get better with meds.. and then got tubes. Well, he got tubes and STILL had the infections... sounds like Tyler maybe too?? I was a wreck... anyway, what finally fixed him (PHEW!) was ciprodex (spelling?) drops in the ears and augmentin orally twice a day for 10 days. He'd had both of those at one time or another... shoot, I got very familiar with all the meds. But, together, with the tubes, finally worked. Helped that he was older... I stopped letting them prescribe augmentin for the longest time because he'd just puke it back up as soon as I gave it to him.. but then he got over that. Anyway, figured I'd share in case any of that helps you!

Also, Janelle... so sorry about those migraines!! Hoping the meds are dong something for you... I can't believe they can't cure them somehow! I know people that rave about one lifestyle change or another that cured their migraines... but I don't think any of it is backed by science yet, so I guess just try whatever you can and see if anything helps! One girl was doing gluten-free. You're already so healthy, I think the dr must be onto something with the hormone theories! Would a birth control help with the hormone stuff??

Oh speaking of which, DH got snipped!!! We are done having babies. 2 appears to be plenty for us! Siena is a ball.. and a diva... she will either talk my ear off or break my ear drum, depending on if she's happy or hysterical, ha. She's very developed linguistically... but now the rest of her needs to catch up... talks very well, but its obvious how old she is when she can't catch/throw a ball without dropping it or drops to the floor and throws a tantrum...

Colton is very different in some ways... he IS starting to throw fits if he doesn't get his way, but usually he is much more mellow. We are still 'learning' his personality, though, since he was sick for so long. Between issues early on and the ear stuff, he was sick more than he was healthy for his first year! After he got better, he made a lot of leaps all at once. He started walking, expanded his sounds well beyond just dada, and will wave but not always. And this boy EATS. I exclusively nursed until 12 months, then swiftly dropped pumping at work, phew!!!! So now its cow milk during the day, nursing morning and night. And he'll eat whatever... not picky yet. Big head like his sister and maybe tall.. his sister had a growth spurt so looks like she'll be taller... must be in their genes somewhere...

I read back a few pages... wow Krissy! So glad things worked out but sounds like you have been through the wringer, you poor thing!!!! Yay for having Blake home, whoop whoop!!!!

Janelle - Atlanta! One of my good friends lives there... she moved there from here... I'm over in Alabama, about 3.5 hour drive. I'm actually going to be visiting in July for my friend's birthday if I can manage leaving the kiddos! Also, my friend is a nurse... she's worked at the hospital and also for a cord blood place... I'm sure she can give me some advice on drs for you...

And I was SO READY to quit pumping, so that's what propelled me to switch Colton to cow milk when he turned 12 months! I was struggling to make enough milk and he is a big boy! He's happy to get more milk... and I'm happy to not pump!! Morning and night nursing... ehh probably just a comfort thing for him more than anything. He's laid back... he loved breast milk but also loves regular milk! The biting... yeah good luck... Colton didn't stop doing that to me until recently... I think he was trying to get more milk to come out... so now that he's just 'snacking' on me, he isn't as frantic about it!

I saw some convos about milestones... Colton was 'about to crawl' for months... then finally crawled at like 9 months? Something like that. We thought he'd crawl early and then didn’t. Then we were sure he'd walk earlier than his sister who walked at 12 months... and he did... by like a week, ha. Anyway, so he seems 'on track' with his sister except his speech. It had me worried. But I talked to his dr and he said first kids usually have a bigger vocabulary early on... so that's why Siena might be so much more advanced in that regard. At the time, I liked that there was a reason. But then I realized lots of kids Siena's age, first kid or not, are barely understandable... so I think she's a fluke and he's normal! Although I think he would have walked sooner if he didn't have such a long torso... a lot to learn to hold up!

Krissy - Wow congrats on the weight loss! Whoa, mama! That's amazing!!!!!

Grace - Dr issues, ugh... I wish I had the guts to change drs! We were family friends with the OB I used with Siena... and used him again with Colton.. but wished I'd switched to the midwife who works in his office!! She was so nice! But I felt like I couldn't! There was no reason not to other than bein a wimp... oh well!

Erin - We didn't name Colton until the hospital was asking us what to put on the birth certificate! It was freaking me out, but glad we finally decided haha.

And ok I'm spamming here by posting yet again lol... but wow Janelle you are cutting your hair?! And dying it? What color?! Haha funny because I'm doing the opposite! I've stopped dying it since last year, trying to grow it out, and even got extensions for the first time ever in my attempts to have long, thick hair... first time in my life to have thick hair and I am in LOVE!!! I love change though... so if I had long hair for ages, I'd want to cut it. :p

Hi Libby!! I've been wondering about you! You haven't posted on Facebook in forever either so I was hoping you were ok. We're in the same boat with boys being sick more often than healthy. Cefdinir (sp?) seems to be what helps Tyler's ears and sinuses best but man do his intestines not like it. He had the same reaction to Augmentin that Colton did. We haven't tried it again. His ent dr says he has small nasal passages and enlarged adenoids so that's why he gets ear infections so much... starts as a cold then sinus infection then all that snot infects his ears. He'll need his adenoids out eventually. Oh and teething exacerbates it all. Does Colton have a mouth full? I remember he was getting them early. Wonder if teething affected him in the same way too with his ears? I can't believe your hubby got snipped! That's awesome that you guys feel complete tho :) You guys always have the cutest family pics by the way! Post some new ones of your babies at least when you get a chance!

Libby, the doctor told me that birth control wont do much as to helping with the migraines because it's so hard to help level your hormones at this age and to figure out what hormones it is that is causing the migraines and to get the right level is the hard part. He says it's really common for women at my age to get migraines because women are "prime" between the ages of 25 and 39 their bodies just want to have babies. So their body goes weird and so do their hormones and then after that they start to level off and then it gets ready for menopause and then usually they stop. That's what he says. I've had them ever since I had my period. I remember when I first had my period I thought I was dying. Literally. I thought it was a curse!! When I had Samuel they got better, but after Sara, the curse was back. I tried changing my diet, but nothing has helped. I hate to sound pessimistic, but I've pretty much lost all hope. I've had a lot of migraines these last few days, but failed to recognize the fact that my period was just around the corner, which it started today. So, I will give this drug until next cycle before I throw it out the window. :winkwink: As for Georgia, we'd be moving just outside of Atlanta. Still no word on that yet. I'm trying not to worry about it, but I REALLY want to go. REALLY REALLY. I'd really miss the kids doctor though. I love her. I can call her 24/7 and she always answers the phone and is so down to earth. I love her like family. I don't think I'd find that anywhere in Georgia. But I'll keep you in mind if we move for recommendation.

Sorry to hear about all of Colton issues, but happy to read he got over it and he's better! Siena seems to be doing well, as well. Can't believe your hubby got snipped! Are you still on the Mirena? Do you like it? I have to go see my doctor soon, and I wanted to talk to him about it because no whoops allowed while talking topamax because it WILL cause birth defects. So I want to "double up" and the pill is unreliable per the makers of topamax.

Hahhahha As for my hair, you really want to know... Well I'm dying it purple!!! And I'm going to rock it! :happydance:

I figure, I'm not working, why the heck not! I'm going to go back to blonde streaks with purple peaking through in the middle. Not like bright highlighter 80's purple, but more like a purple wine? But not goth like. Dan likes me as a bright blonde. I had short hair for a really long time... You ladies have just seen me with long hair ha! I'll post a picture with short blonde hair, but I gotta blob someone out of it first...

Janelle, glad Sara is feeling better! So sorry about another bad migraine. :( Are they supposed to be getting better by now, or does the topamax take a while to take full effect? Sounds like you have some great friends...sometimes you just gotta let it all out.

Hi libby nice to meet you too! My little girl is just a little older than yours (she's 3 years 4 mos), and it sounds like they could be BFFs. ;)

Hi everyone else!

I think I'm going to have to go into lurk mode for a while. :( I'm seriously feeling the weight of everything I need to accomplish...and there is a lot. But I'm so easily distracted by the computer.

Good day ladies,

So.. My baby is 9 months now. Wow, time flies. He can crawl when he wants. He can put a little weight on his legs standing, but not long. He just started being able to peep over his crib recently. Other people say their children where doing this earlier and I am like yeah, every kid is different and my boy is double jointed. I have started easing into homogenized milk as well. Starting age is 9 months here.

My db said he would impregnant me now, but no way. Not yet. Lol

Hope everyone is well. I will do some catch up reading now.

Libby-nice to see you again! I got fixed during m csection with Blake. so I know that feeling of completeness my just came with 4 not 2 lol. way to go on the BF and working!

afm-looks like going back to work around july 14th now. I am going to my work tomorrow to talk to them about not coming back as part time there is no way we could do it. so hopefully they are understanding about it and the fact I am coming to them 2 1/2 weeks before my start back date. now that I am in more of a routine with little man and the others are finally on vaction I am looking forward to going back to work. I cant wait to have the extra money back and adult contact lol. also by working pool I get to work different hours and I don't have to work every other weekend and I don't have to work every holiday. so either they switch me or fire me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->