A long term weight loss thread

BabyBump, welcome! I hope that you lose the weight. As for the fizzy drinks, that was my downfall too but I actually really love flavored soda water more now. It took a while but now soda tastes too sweet and sugary to me.

Thanks Cews. Oh I will have to try the soda water . I do like diet and zero drinks but DH doesn’t so I just buy normal cause we both like it.
Anyone go the gym ? I did try it when DS was 6 weeks old but it just wasn’t for me I found it too boring on my own . I do enjoy swimming tho so I might take that up again !

I made my own home gym. Lol. Just some free weights, a bike and my newest baby is a 2nd hand Bowflex for $100. I am a stay at home mom and getting to the gym is impossible for me. The biggest thing for me was smaller portions and cutting out as much soda as possible. I still indulge every once in a while but nothing crazy. Ive been bad with the workouts ALL month as I have been sick and was planning to get back into it today but my friend is bringing her kids over for a playdate. Oh well, tomorrow will work.

Hi baby bump. Good luck on your journey towards your goal weight. I don't go to a gym. Just walking, stationary bike, or home exercise programs for me. I have slacked really bad for months. Although I'm feeling motivated again to lose weight.

Cews it's so hard to get back into it once you get out. I know you can do it though :)

AFM sorry for my extended absence. Life has been busy and I was eating whatever and not working out as I was struggling with making enough milk and just having enough time to work out. I'm dipping my toes back into trying to lose weight. I will probably eat mostly what I want for Thanksgiving.

Hey Flueky! Glad your back! This board has been so quiet. I am going to get back into it more after Thanksgiving but I'm still eating pretty good considering. I was down for 3 weeks due to bronchitis and literally couldn't walk without getting winded and coughing. It was horrible! Now that I am feeling better I honestly cant wait to get back into it!

Hey lovely I struggled for a little while to get rid of my baby weight. What worked for me was fasting and then Keto. What have you ladies tried so far?
Have a look at a site called bestpickeddiets.com cute little site and Facebook community.

xx

I lost about 2 1/2. stone the first week or so , DS was 9lb 8oz and the rest must have been fluid/placenta etc .

I just feel like my stomach is so flabby. After 3 kids , I know it won’t ever be the same and I’m fine with that but not the flab!

I’ve not tried too much to be honest, just been enjoying my kids and getting used to life as a family of five but now he’s 5 months old I think it’s time to get myself back!

I like the idea of exercising with DS. I do a lot of walking too , yesterday I walked over 12,000 steps , this is typical for me Mon/Fri.

I just eat too much crap when the kids are in bed. I’ve stopped buying chocolate too just biscuits all 100cal or under.

Is anyone still on their weight loss journey for 2020 ?!

I am. I gained a bunch back over the holidays but I plan to start over on Monday!

Here but I wasn't trying to lose over holidays. Want to semi try to lose weight again. Too much on my plate right now to get serious.

Hey ladies !

I totally give up over the holidays too! I plan to start on Monday . Not going OTT just cutting back in general / toning up ! I weighed myself last night 9st 11lb . Few pounds to lose it’s mainly toning up

I’ve got a few issues going on too Flueky which has / is making me just eat crap !

Baby, yeah I was struggling with my supply, ppd, high stress at work, and life with infant and 2 y.o. I just caved and started eating what I wanted. Now that my LO is nearly 10 months and life s calming down, I want to start trying.

Aww sorry you had a rough start ! It can be hard at times but we get through to the other side ! I’m glad things are settling down for you now !

Life’s calming down for us now too as a family of 5 ! I wanna get fit to look good in my old summer clothes !

So, I decided to just start completely over with my weight loss goals! I want to set new short term goals.

I started out on the first journey at 186 and got down to 157. This time I am starting at 167 and my new short term goal is 160. My long term goal is still 145 but I also want to get pregnant in a few months so Im not too sure that will be doable. I plan to try and keep my weight at a more manageable level if I do get pregnant. I always do really well but in the last month or two is where I seem to gain the most. I have no idea why. I eat heathy but the last 2 pregnancies I put on about 20+ lbs in the last 2 months. Its crazy. Doctor has no clue why but she did say some women just gain a ton in the end and I also have big babies.

So today I am starting over and giving myself a fresh start!

WN: 167.6
LW: -------
GW: 145

So, puled a muscle in my calf. Have to rest it. Kinda stinks when I was so happy to get back on track. Hoping I can work out tomorrow or Friday at least. UGH!!!!

OH gosh that’s such bad timing cews !

I am going to join the gym either the end of this or next month . DH goes anyway and has recently lost a few pounds so hopefully I can too!

It’s just my eating habits are awful . I often missed breakfast and lunch only snacking I.e a biscuit/chocolate or something . Then dinner time I will have a normal meal but then when the kids go to bed I seem crave chocolate and other things ! In a bit of a rut . Going to re install my fitness pal to keep a track of what I am eating .

Good luck with your fresh start ! In going to get weighed on a proper scale in the doctors tomorrow . Not too sure my WW scales are good , gives different readings each day by about 3/4 pounds !

So, Ive been working out and eating a (little) better but the scale has continued to go up not down. Im actually starting to get mad. It just seems like no matter what I do its not making a difference anymore. 2 weeks ago I was at 165 and today I am at 170. This makes absolutely ZERO sense.

ERDIT TO ADD:

There is no way that I have eaten enough to gain 5 pounds in 2 weeks.

Oh that’s frustrating Cews ! I wonder what’s going on there ?! . I would be so mad .

5 pound in two weeks does seem a lot . Are you sure the scales were ok ?

I’m going to get weighed tomorrow. Like I said We do have some weight watcher digital scales which put me at 9st 11lb on Saturday . which would be a 3lb loss but they are always out, so I’m just gonna stick with the scales at our local pharmacy !

Im pretty sure its accurate but who knows. I weighed myself right after my workout and in 50 minutes I sweated off about 2lbs of water so it might be water weight right now.

Ohh possible water retention then ! . I’ve started to buy zero calorie drinks in the hope that will cut a few calories and I’ve also stocked up on little snacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->