Acupuncture Club 2012

Can i join in????

I have suffered 4 miscarriages (3mmc +1mc)

Having to go round in what seems an endless circle i decided that i would give acupuncture a go, i have no confidence that i am getting the right care/treatment with the nhs due to their ridiculous budgets and guidelines

So, yesterday was my first appt, i wish i hadnt of been so tired so that i can remember what he said

He wrote down the following for me to research so i am assuming this is potentially what my problems are:-

Liver Blood Stasis
Liver qi stagnation
Spleen qi deficiency

Anyone else had this diagnosis following recurrent miscarriages? Any advice/help woule be great

xx

Hi Hope!!

No News from me. I havent even ovulated and i am on CD38 and I am so ready for the next cylce to be here but it wont be here until 14 days after I ovulate :( BAD NEWS well for the past week I thought all I had was a heat rash on my back side kinda offset from my ribcage and so I didnt think anything of it. Riding the bus all day sweat builds up and thats what I thought happened. Well when i was getting my physical and TB test done for work I asked the DR to just make sure it is a heat rash and not something else. cause it should have cleared up after 4 days. And I have had sharp shooting pains its awul. so she looked and it is indeed not a heat rash but Shingles. so i stopped taking my Fertilaid yesterday cause i was prescribed these pills 5x a day for 7 days and i dont like to mix pills. :(
Good news I have had my Acu appts upped to twice a week rather than once a week. Hoping my body gets with this darn jist of Regulating itself!!!

Hi Hope!!

No News from me. I havent even ovulated and i am on CD38 and I am so ready for the next cylce to be here but it wont be here until 14 days after I ovulate :( BAD NEWS well for the past week I thought all I had was a heat rash on my back side kinda offset from my ribcage and so I didnt think anything of it. Riding the bus all day sweat builds up and thats what I thought happened. Well when i was getting my physical and TB test done for work I asked the DR to just make sure it is a heat rash and not something else. cause it should have cleared up after 4 days. And I have had sharp shooting pains its awul. so she looked and it is indeed not a heat rash but Shingles. so i stopped taking my Fertilaid yesterday cause i was prescribed these pills 5x a day for 7 days and i dont like to mix pills. :(
Good news I have had my Acu appts upped to twice a week rather than once a week. Hoping my body gets with this darn jist of Regulating itself!!!

I hope you feel better soon! It is awesome you are going twice a week! I wish my insurance paid well because I would too!

First acupuncture today !!! plan to do once weekly per my consultation. feel good. Quite a long session (1h) felt very relaxed but about 2/3 the way through I was startled out of relaxation by noise and had the sensation that my arms were like lead like I could pick them up if i tried and felt suddenly anxious hard to explain...after deep breathing and refocusing it resolved quickly but it was very strange....anyone else ever experience this?

MrsHamstra :hugs: soo sorry to hear about the shingles I have never had them but have taken care of many patient with them SOOO Painful I hope you are feeling better soon :)

Hi hope and welcome - I've never had a BFP but have read acupuncture is great in early pregnancy and that it can help so fingers crossed for you.

Mrshamstra - hope you get better soon x

Moose I sometimes get what I'd describe and electric current tingles in my arms during acupuncture. If there is anything your not sure about just ask your acupuncturist next session and they will explain.

thanks Girls. I have a lotion from a gal that i work with that has lidocaine in it and it numbs my shingles so that im not in soo much pain!

ALSO we bought a HOUSE TODAY!!! we will be moving last weekend of SEPT!! it is PERFECT!!!

thanks Girls. I have a lotion from a gal that i work with that has lidocaine in it and it numbs my shingles so that im not in soo much pain!

ALSO we bought a HOUSE TODAY!!! we will be moving last weekend of SEPT!! it is PERFECT!!!

Boo to the shingles... but YAY for the house! congrats!!!! :happydance:

Can i join in????

I have suffered 4 miscarriages (3mmc +1mc)

Having to go round in what seems an endless circle i decided that i would give acupuncture a go, i have no confidence that i am getting the right care/treatment with the nhs due to their ridiculous budgets and guidelines

So, yesterday was my first appt, i wish i hadnt of been so tired so that i can remember what he said

He wrote down the following for me to research so i am assuming this is potentially what my problems are:-

Liver Blood Stasis
Liver qi stagnation
Spleen qi deficiency

Anyone else had this diagnosis following recurrent miscarriages? Any advice/help woule be great

xx
hi hope this helps its from a book i recently read about acupuncture/TCM:
Liver weakness can manifest as a woman's inability to release an egg.Stress and depression can weaken the liver sytem causing stagnated qi. Unblocking liver qi allows practioner to treat the spleen.Deficiencies or blockages in the spleen caused by stagnating liver qi can result in a fertilized egg not implanting in uterine lining,,

oh the book is titled "what your doctor may NOT be telling you about getting pregnant" by Raymond Chang it is about treating infertility with alternative therapies

Moose I am going to look that book up and probably purchase it off Amazon.

I wish i was pregnant right now....I hate moving and so happy this will be the last move for 20 or more years. we love the house and are going today to close on it. I dont want to help i just want to point my finger and tell the guys what goes where lol.

Acu appt today and she is still in shock still no Ovulation but she thinks that because my hormones are all out of whack that i will become regular soon. Hoping to anyways. this waiting to ovulate so i know when ill start my period is getting old being CD40 and no sign!! :(

Ladies, I have my first accup appointment tomorrow, can you please share some tips? Like do I eat normal beforehand, do you have to undress to bra and panties (before know before I go, hee hee), etc. Anything I might not think of would be appreciated!!!

They say to eat a light meal before hand, wear comfy clothes it depends where you are in your cycle as to wear they put the needles usually lower legs so prob have to take your trousers off and maybe some in your tummy but I usually just lift my top up! I think each practitioner is different. Up to ovulation I have a heat lamp on my tummy which I love. No alcohol afterwards. Hope that helps x

Survived my first session! The dr. was very nice, and it did not hurt at all and made me sooo relaxed (except just got home and the cat is pissing me off already)... But the overall anxiety i had in my chest seems to be gone!! Next appt in 2 weeks.

Survived my first session! The dr. was very nice, and it did not hurt at all and made me sooo relaxed (except just got home and the cat is pissing me off already)... But the overall anxiety i had in my chest seems to be gone!! Next appt in 2 weeks.
that is awesome!! Glad you enjoyed it!:happydance:

Well she focused on implantation, let's see if that works... I am 9dpo today, hope not too late for that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->