AF after miscarriage- Your experiences

OK- I really don't like the witch anymore- can I tell her she is no longer allowed at my house?? So I started spotting on Aug 26 and the full flow hit me the 27th. Finished bleeding on Sunday the 30th (even though it was rather light that day). Well, I am back to having cramps again today! Is it possible to have another period this soon??? I was so hoping I would be ovulating next week, but now I am starting to doubt??

I ovulated really early 1st cycle after mc, in fact I'm certain af was still around. I bleed for 10 days, 5 of which were incredibly heavy. My first cycle was only 21 days.

Hope she isn't coming back hun.

They don't tell you that as well as having to deal with the loss of your little bean, you have to contend with erratic cycles & af.

They do settle but can take a few months.

Massive :hugs:sweetie. Hope its just a fleeting visit from af before she goes away for a good nine months.

sorry for all your loses.
having just had 7th mc. EXperienced very heavy bleeding for two cycles lasting10-15 days, after each mc the bleeding has got heavier and heavier each time. I am not looking forward to next period, i stopped bleeding last week following ercp so i was interested to hear about the 'tablets' what are they and what do they do?

So sorry for all your losses, you must be an incredibly strong woman.

The tablets I was given were tranexamic acid. They were brilliant, they really helped reduce the blood loss.

Sorry if TMI, but I was soaking the max absorbancy tampon in an hour. It was ridiculous. The tablets kicked in pretty quick (had to take 2, 4 x a day).
I took them for 2 cycles then the third cycle was only heavy for one day, as wasn't anywhere near as heavy.

Defo worthwhile asking doc for some, I found them brilliant.

Hello all. Just reporting in with an update. So this is First cycle after m/c. I'm now cd9 bled 1-5 then stopped, then blood stained cm cd7, nothing cd8 but a bit of blood stained cm today. Not had this before. it's like ewcm mixed with blood. Got my first high reading on my cbfm too. So I guess O isn't too far away (hope that's the case) and that everythings ok.

after meaningless searchs trying to find answers to why i'm still bleeding heavily after miscarrying in april 09 i came across this forum. i'd like to share what ive been through if you dont all mind, i first m/c in dec 08, gp told us to wait until after my next period before we tryed again, which we did (af's returned to normal after this), only to fall pg and m/c in april... i too have had very heavy af's and these have been far from "normal" (i'm usually regular 28 to 29 days and quite light)
my af's now seem to be coming closer together and also having to use the highest protection (2 hrs changing) and nightimes having to use both tampons and towels for fear of flooding..... after aprils m/c dr suggested giving it 6 mths before we ttc again, have been going out of my head wondering if this is the "norm" after m/c's but you've all set my mind at rest now thank you all for your input and i'm sorry to see so many of us going thro the same things, i'm just hoping that maybe this time we will be 3rd time lucky :happydance: its quite unsettling after losing two especially after i have had 2 very normal uncomplicated pg's before...

So sorry for all your losses, you must be an incredibly strong woman.

The tablets I was given were tranexamic acid. They were brilliant, they really helped reduce the blood loss.

Sorry if TMI, but I was soaking the max absorbancy tampon in an hour. It was ridiculous. The tablets kicked in pretty quick (had to take 2, 4 x a day).
I took them for 2 cycles then the third cycle was only heavy for one day, as wasn't anywhere near as heavy.

Defo worthwhile asking doc for some, I found them brilliant.
i too have been perscribed those tabs, some months they work well sometimes they dont lol

:hugs: yogi1, sorry for your losses. Hope your body settles down soon. My GP did suggest if my cycles didn't settle down to go on the pill for awhile to try & regulate your cycles. I wasn't particularly keen on the idea, but if you've been advised to wait 6 months before ttc, it may be worth a shot.

I found I fell pg very quickly with both my eldest 2 after coming off the pill.

Hope you get a sticky :bfp: soon

gp has suggested that but i too dont wanna go there, my 6 mths is up now as my last m/c was april of this year, just hoing things settle down so we can try again, thx caroline x:hugs:

Its really tough one to call. Physchological speaking going on the pill is months where you aren't ttc which is a nightmare. I found that fertility wise I didn't seem to get much fertile cm in the cycles when I was bleeding heavily as if my body wasn't ready for another pregnancy. The cycle when bleeding was more normal I had loads of fertile cm over several days.

Did u have a d7 c after mc?

reason I ask is both times I went about my heavy periods dr checked my notes & said he was glad I'd had a scan & that everything was clear.

Its a long shot & I'm sure afetr this time your GP would have sent you for a scan, but could there still be something left over from mc, causing problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->