• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AF due 2/21 Someone help me to NOT test early!!

Why can't you test more than once a day memma? Are you running out?

I dont know when I'll o, but I get pretty clear signs and I will be using opks...just wondering when I should start... probably cd 8 right?

1 more day of high temps and I'm going to get crosshairs on the 7th which is also CD 7 for me. I normally don't feel the effects of ovulation (sore nips or BBs, cramps, etc) until 4 dpo, but today I've noticed sore nips. So I think I might have ovulated this early! I hope those two BDs were enough, O-1 & O.

Woohoo for short periods Tankel!

Memma keep dtd every other day that way you know your bases are covered. Is this your only month doing this trial? It seems ridiculous that you can't test at will, I'd be freaking out.

Why can't you test more than once a day memma? Are you running out?

I dont know when I'll o, but I get pretty clear signs and I will be using opks...just wondering when I should start... probably cd 8 right?

CD 8 is a good time to start especially since you get clear signs of O. I saw signs early so I tested early and got a positive. If you have no signs then testing too early is a waste in your case.

Because I'm using the CBD dual hormone (with the flashing smile face and solid smiley face), and once you get a solid smiley ('peak' fertility, detected by LH), that face then stays on the screen for either 2 or 3 days (can't remember), to remind you that you're fertile for that period of time until it disappears. So you can't use the test holder again until it goes!
The trial is only for one cycle, but you're given 20 test sticks to use and I've only used 2 so far because of what's happened. So as long as the batteries in the holder don't die, I should be able to use them next cycle too :)

We've been doing SMEP for the second month, and for the second month it's been a bit of a farce because of my body doing weird things and not being able to decide when to ovulate..! Hopefully we've covered enough bases so far though.

FX for you. Its does seem dumb that you can't test when you want to...

The smiley face disappeared this afternoon so it must be 2 days that it stays for.. So I did another test. Negative.
Pretty sure I haven't ovulated as my temp hasn't spiked since I got the positive 2 days ago, although I've had cramps and EWCM... Is it possible it could still rise tomorrow in line with that positive, or would it have happened by now..?

The smiley face disappeared this afternoon so it must be 2 days that it stays for.. So I did another test. Negative.
Pretty sure I haven't ovulated as my temp hasn't spiked since I got the positive 2 days ago, although I've had cramps and EWCM... Is it possible it could still rise tomorrow in line with that positive, or would it have happened by now..?
Q: How long after my LH surge should I ovulate?

A: Most people will ovulate 12-48 hours after the LH surge is detected, most common is 36 hours after the actual surge. One should get a bit more notice, 24-48 hours, by testing in the afternoon.

Q: Once I detect my LH surge, when should I have intercourse?

A: It's best to have intercourse the day of the LH surge and the two days after. Also consider "insurance" sex for one more day in case you ovulate late. Perfect timing would be to have had intercourse the day before the LH surge as well, but that can be hard to predict for those with an irregular cycle. If you don't know when you might ovulate, having sex every other day from cycle day 10 through a positive OPK. If you are taking your basal body temperature, you should have sex through the first day of your temp rise to make sure you cover all days (though after the rise is usually too late).

So this information says "most people" ovulate between 12-48 hours after first positive opk. It also says keep BD until temp rise and ovulation is confirmed since you could be ovulating later than the average 12-48 hours. I think you're ovulating today with the ewcm and cramps. I bet your temp will spike tomorrow.

Just started getting highs on my monitor yesterday, but it's still so early for me - I should still be at least a week away from O. I expect I'll probably see multiple surges again this month. Not sure how the monitor handles those. I've read that it goes into auto mode after it sees a peak, but if I have more than one LH surge like I did last month, is it going to catch the real one?

I think I'll be backing it up with the digital opks I still have left over from last month and temps (of course) so it won't make a huge difference, but it would be really quite a pain if the $$$ monitor doesn't catch the real surge.

So much technology for such an animalistic process - I'm a little crazy, I think.

Lol AJ. We're all a little crazy. I have no advice about the high tech gadget you use, as I've only used internet cheapy opks. Maybe it's the spring air and sunshine causing ovulation to happen early for some haha...

I doubt it. I've only had one cycle under 35 days in the last year.... and that one was 29 days, I think?

I was on antibiotics for a respiratory infection earlier this month too, which usually makes a cycle longer as well.

Funny enough, my temps made FF give me dotted CH on CD9 until this morning. It was so blatantly false that even my husband laughed about it.

I sure wouldn't have minded it much..... a 20 day cycle sounds pretty great.

No temp spike for me this morning. So either that was a false alarm/extra surge before the real thing, or this is another anovulatory cycle for me :-(
Will carry on testing daily incase it happens at some point, but must admit I am feeling a bit disheartened...!

Wow what's going on with our bodies?:wacko: It seems like everyone is out-of-whack. I think we broke ourselves peeing on too many dollars!:haha: That is the problem with all this high-tech stuff.... you get worried that your body and your cycle isn't normal because it does not follow a textbook example. :hugs: to you both and I hope your baby-making machines cut-it out and run smoothly. I can't wait until we get to the poas part of this cycle...the pre-o confusion is so annoying!:nope: I'm only cd 5 but next week I'll be in the same boat...but instead of temps, I'll be posting okp pics. :dohh:

Hugs to you ladies. Well today I added my own crosshairs to CD 7, hence the blue lines and not red. I played around and added a temp for tomorrow (and deleted it right after) to see what would happen and it popped crosshairs on CD 8. That makes no sense to me considering the last day of ewcm was CD 7. My first + opk was CD 6, so again CD 7 makes more sense as O day. My cm was sticky on CD 8 and also the way my temps keep climbing seems like the progesterone was already upped in my system. I know it's only a day difference but it bothers me! Lol, maybe I'll remove the override and accept CD 8 as O day once I'm a few more dpo in. It just feels better having crosshairs there now!

My BBs are definitely getting more tender a huge indicator that I ovulated.

I absolutely love that my cycle went from 30 days to 20!! I've been praying for shorter cycles. I know if I don't get my BFP this cycle I can't hope for another 20 day cycle but dang it's nice to skip that part where you're waiting and waiting to ovulate. Now I can get to peeing on my dollars sooner! Woohoo!

Yay for O! Its your chart, do what you want with it.

Yay for crosshairs..!

Another negative OPK for me today (well, a blank circle).
CD15 today, but I didn't get positive & temp spike until CD19 last month. So although that was late for me, I'll keep testing until around then, and then give up if they're still negative!

Fx for you Memma! I feel like all of this is similar to gambling, and we're huge gambling addicts. With a + hpt being the jackpot, and + opk being a 21. So here's hoping for your blackjack. Lol yes I'm a total dork.

Haha I so wish I knew what you were talking about, I've led a sheltered and boring life!

Well technically I've had my positive OPK for this month haven't I.. It just obviously wasn't a real one!
I'm only testing once a day (in the afternoon) as I'm scared of killing the batteries in the holder if I use it too much (from previous experience they don't last long at all and you can't replace them), so I hope that's enough...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->