AF due July 23/24? Looking for a buddy?

Thanks Polaris.

Like you, I try not to symptom spot but it's so hard - especially when you get cramps.

I was feeling a little confident a few days ago when the cramps were at their height but now at 9DPO I already feel like I'm out. I get really bloated a few days before AF arrives and I'm just like that now. Oh well!

I think the problem with symptom spotting is that early pregnancy symptoms are very similar to premenstrual symptoms so it's very hard to distinguish. Also what you read into a symptom depends on your state of mind rather than the actual symptom. For example if you are feeling pessimistic, you say to yourself 'well the cramps have gone and I'm bloated so AF must be on her way' whereas if you were feeling optimistic you could say 'well the cramps have gone and I'm bloated so they must have been implantation cramps and now bloating is an early pregnancy sign'. So I guess my point is that it's a bit meaningless either way because you can look at it either way just depending on your mood and your overall 'intuition' about whether or not you are pregnant. Don't know if any of that makes sense, just my ramblings.

Thanks Polaris.

Like you, I try not to symptom spot but it's so hard - especially when you get cramps.

I was feeling a little confident a few days ago when the cramps were at their height but now at 9DPO I already feel like I'm out. I get really bloated a few days before AF arrives and I'm just like that now. Oh well!

I think the problem with symptom spotting is that early pregnancy symptoms are very similar to premenstrual symptoms so it's very hard to distinguish. Also what you read into a symptom depends on your state of mind rather than the actual symptom. For example if you are feeling pessimistic, you say to yourself 'well the cramps have gone and I'm bloated so AF must be on her way' whereas if you were feeling optimistic you could say 'well the cramps have gone and I'm bloated so they must have been implantation cramps and now bloating is an early pregnancy sign'. So I guess my point is that it's a bit meaningless either way because you can look at it either way just depending on your mood and your overall 'intuition' about whether or not you are pregnant. Don't know if any of that makes sense, just my ramblings.

That makes PERFECT sense to me!

Though this waiting and waiting drives me mad so it's very tempting to start analysing everything your body is doing - even if you know it is fruitless to even attempt it!

It's actually hard work trying not to get too optimistic nor too pessimistic! :dohh:

Still, good or bad, all will be revealed in a few days time...

Welcome to all the new folk!!

No symptoms to report apart from being gassy (TMI sorry!).

Assuming I'm out this month. I wasn't temping but am planning to start in August. I wanted to keep it sort of casual so I wasn't getting all stressed about it, but now I just feel like I might be wasting time.

Hoping for some BFPs in this thread!! :happydance:

DottyP - I can't believe how similar we are at the moment. Yesterday I was so upset and almost wanting to burst into tears at work. At WORK! How embarrasing. My eyes were so bloodshot from bottling it all up.

Feeling better today though. Only a few more days until we may or may not see the :witch:

I'm scared...

Hey Wilsey :)

Thankfully I've pulled myself together a little now. I don't think I've cried in public since I was a child!

I'm also with you on the bloated/gassy thing. I'm at work at the moment and thankfully wearing a log top which means I can undo my top button on my trousers! I'm only a size eight but I'm wearing size ten trousers today and they still feel tight!

And, this will seem weird, I was also thinking about trying to temp. I've been toying with the idea for a couple of months but don't really understand it - what the temp's meant to be/ when you're meant to temp. Guess I'll have to get round to looking it up!

Not long now... Eek! Stay away witch :)

Hey Wilsey :)

Thankfully I've pulled myself together a little now. I don't think I've cried in public since I was a child!

I'm also with you on the bloated/gassy thing. I'm at work at the moment and thankfully wearing a log top which means I can undo my top button on my trousers! I'm only a size eight but I'm wearing size ten trousers today and they still feel tight!

And, this will seem weird, I was also thinking about trying to temp. I've been toying with the idea for a couple of months but don't really understand it - what the temp's meant to be/ when you're meant to temp. Guess I'll have to get round to looking it up!

Not long now... Eek! Stay away witch :)

That is so strange! I was thinking today 'I'm going to have to look into how this temping thing works. When do you take it, what does it mean?!'. We might have to help each other through the temping journey. :thumbup:

Let me know if you find any useful links!

Anyone on here temp and have tips for us?!

:af::af::af::af::af:

Hey Wilsey,

Take a look at this - https://www.babycentre.co.uk/preconception/suspectingaproblem/chartingyourtemperature/

One interesting thing in this is that it says "If you do become pregnant, your temperature will stay elevated throughout your pregnancy." This looks like a more helpful tool rather than trying to symptom spot - which I find totally useless!

Hello ladies I am due to test on Thursday when I will be 14DPO.I was very naughty and tested at 11 DPO and got a BFN!Boo hoo.I am not going to symptom spot but I think I have everything!Really feel today that my AF is going to come.
This is number 3 for me so should be getting good at this now but I am not.
I have never temped either.I am such a POAS addict I think I would become too obsessive and be wandering about with a thermometre hanging out my mouth 24/7!
What kind of HPT have you got for the big day?

Hey Wilsey,

Take a look at this - https://www.babycentre.co.uk/preconception/suspectingaproblem/chartingyourtemperature/

One interesting thing in this is that it says "If you do become pregnant, your temperature will stay elevated throughout your pregnancy." This looks like a more helpful tool rather than trying to symptom spot - which I find totally useless!

Excellent. I am definitely doing it then. :thumbup:

I find symptom spotting useless and slightly depressing.

This will also help me for ovulation (opks haven't ever given me a positive so this will be useful for me too). Obviously you only know you have ovulated after it shows the temperature shift but at least I will know exactly when I ovulated instead of using just CM/guessing the exact day.

I'm excited to get some extra help. If AF shows her face this Saturday at least we might have a better shot for August! :hugs:

Hi sticky bean!

You MUST let us know how you get on with your test on Thursday!

I haven't even bought a HPT - won't even think about it til I'm at least two days late. Hate seeing a BFN. I've always bought the fancy digital ones before which say 'Not Pregnant' and it makes my stomach sink just to look at it. Maybe I should stick to a simple 'two lines' one in future!

I really like temperature charting because it gives me an idea what my body is doing and when to expect AF. My cycle is not very regular and when I wasn't temping I was much more obsessive about whether I could be pregnant because I didn't really know whether AF was late or not. When I got pregnant on Thomas I kept temping for about two weeks after I got my BFP, just loved seeing the high temperatures every morning! I did the free charting course on fertility friend, it was very helpful. The most important thing is to get an accurate thermometer and take your temperature at the same time each morning as soon as you wake up, before you get out of bed or move around too much.

DottyP - I haven't bought a HPT either. Plenty of time to get one over the weekend if AF doesn't show her face.

Hey Wilsey,

This will also help me for ovulation (opks haven't ever given me a positive so this will be useful for me too). Obviously you only know you have ovulated after it shows the temperature shift but at least I will know exactly when I ovulated instead of using just CM/guessing the exact day.

I'm excited to get some extra help. If AF shows her face this Saturday at least we might have a better shot for August! :hugs:

I'm also going to try temping from next month - despite the fact that my OH will probably be away on a business trip at around the time I next ovulate :cry:

Still, at least I can spent a cycle getting the hang of it. Yet, another cycle. Argh. So frustrating!

These days I'm just not used to waiting for anything...

Hey Wilsey,

I'm also going to try temping from next month - despite the fact that my OH will probably be away on a business trip at around the time I next ovulate :cry:

Still, at least I can spent a cycle getting the hang of it. Yet, another cycle. Argh. So frustrating!

I feel exactly the same. I am so impatient these days. There are just so many days while you wait for something to happen. Tiresome really. :coffee:

We'll get there :hugs:

How long is your cycle again?

Hey Wilsey,

It's so hard watching the months go by when we just want it to happen now, isn't it? At least if you try temping next month it would not be a totally wasted month as you could get to know your cycle a bit better. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I am 36 and I do feel the pressure of time I must admit, especially as I would ideally like more children in the future.

I feel exactly the same. I am so impatient these days. There are just so many days while you wait for something to happen. Tiresome really. :coffee:

My cycles have been messed up since stopping the pill.

They can be anywhere from 32 to 40 days. I wish it was shorter - the 28 days I used to have. :nope:

Though when I finally do ovulate it's always exactly 12 days until :witch: arrives.

My cycles have been messed up since stopping the pill.

They can be anywhere from 32 to 40 days. I wish it was shorter - the 28 days I used to have. :nope:

Though when I finally do ovulate it's always exactly 12 days until :witch: arrives.

I hope it evens out soon!

I was quite worried that it would take months and months until my settled into a proper regular cycle. It took 5 weeks to get my first period and from there it's been like clockwork. I'm quite glad to have a 25/26 day cycle. So when :witch: shows up I feel like it's not too long to wait until I o again.

It's all so complicated isn't it? It's natural...this should be easy! :dohh:

After reading your comments I may try temping next month.Hi Polaris I am 36 also.I have a 10 year old daughter and a baby boy who is 2 in October.
I think I will get at digi if I get that far think I like the fact that it saysthe work Pregnant rather than squinting at lines.

Thanks Wilsey :hugs:

Oh and Polaris I'm 32 and TTC my first. Been about ten months - but saying that I guess the first three months or so were NTNP and a couple of those months my OH was away.

It just seems to be dragging on and on!

I'm. In the tww also. I hate this time so I will enjoy this to see who is lucky this time. I'm ttc number 3. My yougest just turned 4 and I'm 37 so I feel I've not much time. I'm off the coil since march and cycle is a bit erratic still. My Af is due 30th JUly so who knows

Welcome SWIPER! :flower:

We are hoping for some BFP's in this thread!! :happydance:

I really like this thread. Anyone keen to keep it up into the next cycle? I know that all of our timings will be out but I would love to know how everyone is still doing!

Will keep my fingers crossed for you Mariposa!

Don't know what's up with me today. Been very emotional and up and down. One minute I'm snapping at OH for no reason and the next almost bursting into proper tears - in public! - because he said something very sweet.

For someone normally together I'm an emotional wreck today :(

How is everyone else doing? Xx

We have all been there hun! Like you, I'm normally quite together but today I myself wanting to burst into tears because someone pointed out I had blushed over something...I hate it so much as I turn crimson if people point it out! Grrr! I hope you feel lots better and got everything crossed for you. I'm really loving the forum so far, learnt lots n really do feel part of a group and everyone so supportive which I didn't expect after only a day lol. How was the hubby with the tears in public? I think when you get a man that can handle tears really well it makes you even more emotional as it's that sweet!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->