AF due on 1st January... does anyone want to wait with me?

Hi Ladies, sorry I haven't posted in here, reason being that I have decided to just wait for AF instead of testing. I can't bear to see a bfn again! Just to let you guy know so you didn't think I was being ignorant - wishing g you all soooooooo much baby dust and luck for your testing x

wish u all the best dannys106 when are u going to test coz i am 4dpo too and ll test on 1st jan.

Good Luck Dannys106. I wish I could do that but just not strong enough to stop testing.... I'm due NYE and will start testing on Christmas day.
Good LUck x

1st month of colmid...it def has been a roller coster ride. hope that it end in a high in 2 weeks. i was at gyno this week. I have a healthy sized sack there. i know 1st round is not always a positive 1 but i cant bear this roller coaster much more. like dannys106 gettin neg readings is mentally draining. goin to try b positive and enjoy my last cheap christmas before baby shopping start lol

Good luck Dannys! Hopefully not testing will help you to avoid some of the disappointment!

I find the BFNs really difficult too, when I test extra early I can normally shrug it off but once I start testing I generally poas every day and every time you're one day closer to when AF arrives and it's one day harder to shrug it off! It just depends on what works for you but personally I've found it easier since I've started testing less!

What's everyone doing for Christmas? We're about to start a busy round of Christmas visits but we both have parents who are divorced and remarried so with 4 sets to visit it will always be busy! Still we're very lucky to love them all dearly and think of all of the keen baby sitters one day!!

I might be a bit AWOL over the next few days but wanted to wish everyone a very happy Christmas!! good luck to everyone who will be testing soon! FX we'll start seeing some BFPs, and this will be a lucky thread!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

My parents, well dad and step-mom are divorcing this year. They've been separated for a year but still share a child between them and their divorce/seperation has been amicable so we still celebrate Christmas under the same roof. So we go to my (ex)- step-mom's house in the morning and his parents (thankfully still together) in the afternoon. Then his family Christmas dinner, then mine

Hi ladies! How is everyone? I hope that you all had a lovely Christmas and that you're getting to enjoy a bit of a post Christmas lull that's peaceful before the new year starts!

We've had a lovely, if manic, time! Still a couple of visits to get done but it's mostly done now so it'll be at a much slower pace!

How has everyone been with the TTC over Christmas? MEXX did you start testing? any news yet??

AFM I've had a couple of days of feeling quite crampy and yesterday there was a tiny amount of spotting a couple of times when I went to the loo. I'm not reading too much into it for now, I mainly feel like AF is about to get me any second but hoping that she doesn't! I'm hoping to not test before NYE so I guess that only time will tell, will find out soon enough either way!

Good luck to everyone! I hope that your sanity is surviving the dreaded 2WW!!

Anna x

:dust: :dust: :dust:

6 dpo for me. Hoping to not test until the day af is due, Jan. 4th. Was not originally planning on testing until the 7th but already getting impatient lol. Lots of BDing, eod or more so hoping we caught that eggy

So I still never started my period but I feel like since I got off birth control I finally ovulated for the first time. I had the EWCM for a day and a half so of course we DTD like crazy those days and the day after. That was about a week ago so who knows what is going on.... I will either start my period finally on January 1st or come out with a positive pg test (which I think is unlikely but my husband thinks it could happen).

And for the past three days my nipples have been hurting so badly. Usually if it is a pre-period breast pain it is gone in two days but it's still going strong today, the fourth day... add that on top of my extreme horniness (tmi, I know), random nausea, and today I woke up STARVING but also wanted to vomit. It could go either way, a bad period getting ready to start or a BFP.... I'm so anxious to find out which one!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

startingtotry: ur symptoms look good dope u ll get ur bfp soon :)
i am 10dpo but no symptoms so not very hopefull for this cycle..

6 dpo for me. Hoping to not test until the day af is due, Jan. 4th. Was not originally planning on testing until the 7th but already getting impatient lol. Lots of BDing, eod or more so hoping we caught that eggy

Hopefully you caught that egg! If you manage to wait until AF is 3 days late before POAS then you've done remarkably well! Good luck in holding out for as long as possible! I was seriously tempted to give in this morning which isn't like me but managed to not so FX for lasting until NYE!

So I still never started my period but I feel like since I got off birth control I finally ovulated for the first time. I had the EWCM for a day and a half so of course we DTD like crazy those days and the day after. That was about a week ago so who knows what is going on.... I will either start my period finally on January 1st or come out with a positive pg test (which I think is unlikely but my husband thinks it could happen).

And for the past three days my nipples have been hurting so badly. Usually if it is a pre-period breast pain it is gone in two days but it's still going strong today, the fourth day... add that on top of my extreme horniness (tmi, I know), random nausea, and today I woke up STARVING but also wanted to vomit. It could go either way, a bad period getting ready to start or a BFP.... I'm so anxious to find out which one!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

It's hard to know where it all sits when you first come off BCP but it sounds like it could be some good symptoms for you akilgore! I'll be sending you all of my best BFP vibes as the days progress! Hopefully it'll all be worth it and you'll get your BFP in a few days!

startingtotry: ur symptoms look good dope u ll get ur bfp soon :)
i am 10dpo but no symptoms so not very hopefull for this cycle..

AFM There's not been any sign of AF since the spotting on boxing day so I'm starting to let myself feel more positive about it all... though to be honest I still don't have that feeling that I could be! No real symptoms to report on yet today, a little tiny bit of cramping and an obsessive need to poke me BBs (to no avail) but that's about as far as it gets at the moment! Hopefully I'll get through the next few days, sanity intact, and then we'll find out either way!

Good luck to everyone as we get nearer to the new year!!

Hope AF stays away, startingtotry; good luck on waiting until NYE. Here's hoping the next year will go by.
General question for all you ladies in the tww. Are your friends/ family going to be suspicious about you not drinking? Do you have your excuses ready or are you just going to quietly drink a soda and hope no one notices? AFM, I've never been a heavy drinker, usually preferring soda or milk so if we are with family they probably won't even take any notice and if we are with our 4 best friends (two other couples) they are the only people who know we are ttc so they won't ask any questions.

It's hard to hide it sometimes isn't it?! I certainly had a couple of "looks" from my step mother when I turned down champagne when we went to see them... my point actually being that I'd had a small glass when it was first offered but, as it was 11 in the morning, I didn't want another one regardless of whether or not I could be pregnant!! Still didn't stop the conspiratorial looks that she kept on giving me! I just ignored it and didn't say anything!

I specifically took low alcohol wine for Christmas with the in laws because I thought it would be easier to drink something than to not but I figured that even if this is my month then the chances are that I wouldn't have implanted before then anyway!

Still I think that New Year will be harder as we're going to a party at our friends house, I think that there'll be 12-15 people there and some are our very close friends who know that we are trying but there's a bigger group of people who we wouldn't want to tell!

I do still think that there's ways around these things! I managed my hen night in the summer without really drinking thanks to the team mentality of my wonderful bridesmaid who knew my predicament (4 days away from testing) and drank my drinks! I've since mentioned that to my sister in law who was there and she didn't have a clue that I only had a couple all day!

My advice would be that, if you think it will be hard to hide and don't want to say anything, then take something low alcohol that you can sip at without getting through much! If you live in the UK then I recommend Sainsburys 'fairtrade moscato sparkling rose' it's only 5.5% and really nice! or take something that looks like it's alcoholic, I've managed having lime and tonic before and people just assume that it's got vodka in it too!

x

Aww just wrote a long paragraph answer and then my Internet glitches when I tried to submit it and lost it all.
We haven't made any plans for New Year's Eve yet but if we had it at our house we might cause suspicion, especially if my dad comes bearing alcohol and I don't drink any of it. I know I could drink something low-alcohol bit I'll be 10dpo and I really don't want to risk it, especially because DF's mother had 4 miscarriages and I read that the males side could affect the risk of miscarriage as much as the woman. Good news is I don't think anyone on my side has ever miscarried, except my older half sister, just remembered that mid sentence but it doesn't seem to be a genetic thing so I seem to be good on my side but I don't want anything to increase those odds

Well I don't really drink too much to begin with but honestly, I'm that person that drinks until it's pink. I never get stupid wasted and hardly ever go beyond two drinks, so I know that everything will be fine if I have a drink or two on New Years Eve. However, you better believe that I will test on NYE just to make sure! Haha! Then my husband will have to drink my beer then fill it up with water so it looks like I'm drinking!

Yeah I don't really drink a lot either these days, so I think that I could quite easily get away with it if I needed to. I am definitely not going to drink anything after that line turns pink though, It just isn't worth the risk!

This morning I am mainly worried about the possibility of needing to take antibiotics as I seem to have woken up with an ear infection! I've never had one before and it's horrid! Going to wait and see how it goes over the next few hours but I think that we'll be doing a trip to the doctors later!

Hi am I allowed to join you all? I'm new to posting on here. We are in our 7th month of trying to conceive. I'm due to test 31st dec currently going insane!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->