AF due on 1st January... does anyone want to wait with me?

Awe sorry about waking up to an ear infection startingtotry. Maybe you could get away with just drops? I think it depends on whether its inner ear or outer ear (swimmers ear). I rarely get antibiotics for ear infections because I always seem to get swimmers ear so they just give me drops.
Welcome Mary!

thanks :) I'm not sure about an ear infection but when I had a urine infection I just told the Doc I was trying the doc prescribed me antibiotics that were safe to take.

DH just went and fetched me some ear drops (I think that he got annoyed with the grumbling!) Fingers crossed they'll work, will probably avoid the doctors if I can! Of course I am now obsessively googling if it could be a symptom! Why do we do it to ourselves?!

Welcome Mary!!

Sorry about the ear ache startingtotry!! Those are the worst! I always feel so bad when patients come in with bad ear infections. They can really mess with your equilibrium! I feel like as long as you tell the doctor what is going on they will give you something that is safe. If you catch it early, you might be able to get away with just prescription drops!

I Should've started on the 25th of the month and spotted a little after intercourse this morning but I have negative test results. We can wait together. :) any similar symptoms?

Hey everyone no symptoms here except last night cycle day 25 I made taco soup and about ten min after eating I got extremely nauseous and dry heaved a little within 20 min I felt fine never threw up. Then woke up this morning with extreme cramping and pelvic pressure. Lasting about 30min had some creamy cm throughout the day. No hopes of a bfp this cycle and definetly not testing yet. Cycle ranges from 28to33 days

I reckon I'm out temp dip this morning below coverline. :(

I will be expecting AF again around the 3rd but I probably won't test until the second week of January. I hate BFN already and I've only taken them while using protection. Hope everyone gets their BFPs. :dust:

Good luck on holding out before testing! I had a couple of months where I tested crazily early and then repeatedly and it drove me a little bit insane!! I am fairly good at not lesting early now but I'm no good at waiting past my due date!

startingtotry still nothing! I am now a week late with negative tests! I just don't know what to do! If this keeps up I might be able to keep testing up until January 1st like I thought I would be! Hah!

I hope you are having a good week and be sure to BD today as it is supposedly the most fertile day of the year!! Hehe!

It sucks that it's so hard to know what's going on sometimes! I'll be keeping everything crossed for you that you'll be getting a late BFP soon!!

4 of my colleagues told me yesterday that it was the most fertile day of the year... I think that they were dropping hints trying towork out if I'm pregnant! Apparently it's linked to the day in September when most babies are born, but I think that it's more likely to be slightly early new year drunken woopsies!

Actually does anyone else have problems with people asking if they're pregnant or doing the non subtle nudge nudge wink wink stuff about it?? SInce we got married in the summer it's something that I've really struggled with :cry: Before the wedding noone would have directly mentioned it, but it's like it's now fair game to ask all the time! It's not helped by having 4 sets of parents (both divorced and re-married) who are desperate for more grand children... they seem to have no boundaries about asking!! Sometimes I just want to shout that we're doing our best and I wish I was! I guess that I'm just finding it insensitive sometimes!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Anna :kiss:

Hi all! Just dropped in on this thread as I will be 12DPO (I think) tomorrow, NYE and was going to test even though it's 4 days before AF is due. It is my 1st cycle of TTC our first. We are only newlyweds (last month) and we are too experiencing the exact same issue you raised. No-one ever really mentioned children even though we have been together over 10 years and living together for 8. Yet the moment we are married we got asked every single day for this past month (without fail); even people we aren't that close with... you kinda feel the pressure. DH is an only child and carrying the family name and I am the eldest out of everyone in our family (including my cousins) and none have had children or are planning to in the near future so we have pressure!

We arrived back from our 'familymoon' on 12/12/12 (we went for a 2nd wedding with DH family overseas and took my family with us) and BD in the heat of the moment (we hadn't specified WHEN we would start TTC, we just knew we wanted to) on that night we got back... I didn't hear that it was suppose to be the fertile day of the year - how interesting. It was a few too many days early for ovulation purposes for us though :rofl:

Looking forward to reading more posts on here and :dust: to you all for testing in the coming days! :hugs:

Lol Mrs. Jellybean (love that name btw) I heard the same thing about that day but it was over a week before I ovulated. We never got asked until recently at his dads family Christmas dinner when several people said we were next, although they didn't probe as to when. We've been engaged for over a year and getting married in 7 months so I guess they figure its acceptable to tease now

Frustrating isn't it jellybean! Though I did speak to a friend about it recently and she said that people seem to back off the closer you get to a year!

Made the mistake of POAS this morning now feeling negative to go with my BFN! Frustrated with myself because it never helps! Thought that the spotting on the 26th might have been IB but it's looking less likely now!

I am off to the docs once I've managed to poke DH out of bed! I thought that the ear drops were working but they are so sore this morning!

Starting to try, it's still early:) Remember your not out of the game until the :witch shows her ugly head. Fingers and toes crossed for you :) I was tempted to go and buy a test today, but when I saw my temps had dropped i'm going to leave it a few more days. If there are tests in the house the POAS addiction takes over.

How long have you all been trying to concieve?

BFN for me this morning :( I had what looked like a pos last night (although was on an IC so did think it could be an evap) so this was not what I was hoping for!

One more cycle and then we will have tried for a year and 3 month - the last 3 with CBFM.

I have always wanted to be a Mum... did not want to have to get the doctors involved :(

Hi Mexx. It's so down heartning isn't it. Especially when you see people not looking after children properly and having them left right and centre. Have you started temping yet? it's interesting although not convinced it's any more useful than opk. We have used opk since August, temp since Oct. Pregnecare his and her vits since Oct next step concieve plus gel. I am going to leave it a year to go to docs.

Lol Mrs. Jellybean (love that name btw) I heard the same thing about that day but it was over a week before I ovulated. We never got asked until recently at his dads family Christmas dinner when several people said we were next, although they didn't probe as to when. We've been engaged for over a year and getting married in 7 months so I guess they figure its acceptable to tease now

When DH and I first started 'dating' he called me Gummybear and I called him Jellybean - it wasn't for very long but he is still stored in my phone under Jellybean 10 years later :winkwink:

Yeah, I found it acceptable and handled the 'teasing' happily when we were engaged as we knew we would be trying after the wedding. Now that we are ACTUALLY trying I get my back up a bit more (hahaha) :lol: I think it's because we will be dealing with all the little stressors without having anyone to understand as we are keeping it a secret for now. I think I get in the "What do you know?! :growlmad: Don't judge me!" state bahahahaha :rofl: I think it is just because I know there could very well be a long road ahead of us. If I was PG and no-one knew and they were asking I would be laughing it off saying "Oh you never know, hopefully sometime this year" :winkwink: because I would be in a different state of mind <3

Frustrating isn't it jellybean! Though I did speak to a friend about it recently and she said that people seem to back off the closer you get to a year!

Made the mistake of POAS this morning now feeling negative to go with my BFN! Frustrated with myself because it never helps! Thought that the spotting on the 26th might have been IB but it's looking less likely now!

I am off to the docs once I've managed to poke DH out of bed! I thought that the ear drops were working but they are so sore this morning!

Yes it can be very frustrating but I think it's everyone's way of trying to find out if we are trying without asking directly "So, are you :sex:??? hahahaha :rofl: . It's funny when I think about one of our friends who told me they were planning on TTC in the coming months (over 2 years ago now) and everytime I saw her I wanted to ask for an update but didn't. When she was actually PG I stopped and thought - wow they must have decided to wait a while after she had told me. I think I was just so naive, :blush: . You get told growing up it can sometimes only take 'pre-cum' and not even a full ejaculation to get you pregnant even if you are on BC! Then you finally get to the stage where you want to get pregnant and it's MUCH more complex! So here I am thinking that they must have waited, when really they could have been through quite a few cycles before they got the BFP and only now I am realizing after reading up on all this info :dohh:

Sorry you got a BFN on top of being sick :hugs: hope you are feeling better soon and end up with a BFP later on in the cycle as the :witch: still hasn't got you yet :dust:

When DH and I first started 'dating' he called me Gummybear and I called him Jellybean - it wasn't for very long but he is still stored in my phone under Jellybean 10 years later :winkwink:

Yeah, I found it acceptable and handled the 'teasing' happily when we were engaged as we knew we would be trying after the wedding. Now that we are ACTUALLY trying I get my back up a bit more (hahaha) :lol: I think it's because we will be dealing with all the little stressors without having anyone to understand as we are keeping it a secret for now. I think I get in the "What do you know?! :growlmad: Don't judge me!" state bahahahaha :rofl: I think it is just because I know there could very well be a long road ahead of us. If I was PG and no-one knew and they were asking I would be laughing it off saying "Oh you never know, hopefully sometime this year" :winkwink: because I would be in a different state of mind <3

Haha Jellybean, that's cute. I was the same age when I got together with DF. 16, almost 17. I'm 20 now, he's 24. I can understand getting your back up when you're trying but for now I'm just laughing it off. Actually enjoying it because I'm trying to judge what people's reactions are going to be when they find out we're pregnant. I'm going to have a very hard time keeping it a secret once I'm actually pregnant lol.

BFN for me this morning :( I had what looked like a pos last night (although was on an IC so did think it could be an evap) so this was not what I was hoping for!

One more cycle and then we will have tried for a year and 3 month - the last 3 with CBFM.

I have always wanted to be a Mum... did not want to have to get the doctors involved :(

How's it gone with the CBFM?? It's so hard to not get down heartened isn't it! I'm already finding it difficult and this is only my 4th cycle of trying (though we were NTNP for 3 months before that too!)

I mainly use the ICs but have a couple of digitals under my bed for when I think I might need them... haven't ever got that far yet! I think that I might wait now and not test until the 1st. I keep on trying to convince myself that this ear thing could be related but still not really holding out hope!

Good luck to anyone testing tonight or tomorrow!! Don't forget to let us know how you get on!!

12DPO today and tested with FMU using FRER and got a :bfn: my first one :p . Not upset (surprisingly) I think it's because until the :witch: arrives (due in 4 days) I still count myself in with a chance as I suspect IB was only 2 days ago. I think testing now will help to let me down a little bit more gently for when AF arrives - it's like a precursor to what's about to happen (lol). Now time to get prepared to bring in the new year tonight!

Aww hope AF doesn't show up MrsJellybean. Afm- I have 5 days until af shows and going a little crazy :lol: might test on 13dpo because I'm off so I can celebrate at home and not let on too early at work if its a BFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->