AF due to arrive on Christmas Day!

Progesterone levels rise after ovulation, and the rise can usually be detected about a week after ovulation. There are no "normal" progesterone levels after ovulation.

1.Progesterone levels after ovulation (midluteal, middle of the second half of the cycle) in a nonpregnant patient are generally at least 8-10 ng/ml. Much lower levels usually mean you did not ovulate.
2.Progesterone levels can change from one day to the other, from one hour to the next, from one laboratory to the next.
3.After you eat, progesterone levels can drop by as much as 50%, that's why the blood test should be done in the morning and before you eat.
4.Even on the same day women may have different levels.
5.Progesterone levels are usually well below 5-10 ng/ml without ovulation.
6.If you are pregnant, progesterone levels are usually at least 10-12 ng/ml to have a better chance of a good pregnancy outcome and most doctors like to see progesterone levels around 16-18 ng/ml or more though there are many successful pregnancies with lower levels.
7.With an ectopic pregnancy, progesterone levels are lower when compared with an intrauterine pregnancy.
8.There are differences in opinion as to what to do if progesterone levels are low after ovulation.
9.Some doctors suggest giving progesterone (pills, shots, or suppositories) but many others do not treat unless you have IVF or injectable ovulation medications or if there has been proof of a preexisting low progesterone in nonpregnancy cycles and there are immune issues leading to miscarriages

HOPING FOR 16-18 ng/ml!! I will make sure to ask when they call!!

Well... it was a 12.9, doc said it was too low for his liking, but just a little low. So I think that really was IB the other day, since I am in the "pregnant" range. So doing progesterone suppositories 2x a day. About to go leave to go get them... OHHH how I hope this will save the pregnancy if there is one...:shock:

anyone else have stories about progesterone levels??

Sorry I don't. But those levels are still in the pregnancy range and with the added supositories that should help keep it stuck on there!

I don't have any numbers but since my 2nd m/c I've been put on progesterone for every pregnancy since. More as a precaution and not until after I get my BFP. But even with the progesterone and baby aspirin I've still had 3 losses since then. But I've also had 2 healthy babies, so I'm not a very good example. I'm glad your on it now though since you had it tested and it was a little low. I will probably be testing on Tuesday instead of Wednesday though since if it is a BFP I'll need to get an RX for some before we fly out on Wednesday.

Sorry I don't. But those levels are still in the pregnancy range and with the added supositories that should help keep it stuck on there!

omg and if I thought I was freaking out BEFORE!!](*,)

I didn't realize until I saw your other post(my brain's on vacation I guess) that you are only 7 dpiui so that is early. And look at number 6 on your list. "at least 10-12 for a good outcome" So if you only implanted two days ago or so it may be just starting to build up good.

omg and if I thought I was freaking out BEFORE!!](*,)

I didn't realize until I saw your other post(my brain's on vacation I guess) that you are only 7 dpiui so that is early. And look at number 6 on your list. "at least 10-12 for a good outcome" So if you only implanted two days ago or so it may be just starting to build up good.

jeez I hope so. I don't know when those levels are supposed to be for... goosfrabba right??

ok so from what I have been reading there are 2 different scales, one that starts at 10, one that starts at like 30 for "ok/good" numbers, but also read that almost always the doctor would like to see above 15 (I'm assuming on the smaller scale) so I am really hoping that my 12.9 was on that smaller scale. I think so... with them saying it was a "little" low. omg this is so nerve wracking. I'm so not gonna make it to tomorrow when my pee sticks get here. Def getting some on the way home when I go pick up my progesterone... OH I HOPE there are 2 pink lines!!! Even if they are super light. I don't care~!!!

Hey girls! :hi:
Brittles I can't wait to see your HPT! I'm so excited for you!

I do have a progesterone story though.....
I had my levels checked on CD21 when my Dr assumed id be 7DPO (assuming I Oed on CD14 like most "normal" people) but I'm not normal LOL. (And I told him that but he didn't listen) and when they checked my progesterone levels at what was really like 1 DPO in reality it was only 0.5.
I got my Dr to check them a week later at my real 7DPO and it was only 6.5 :-(
He then told me that 5.0 is considered low (where they become worried) so I was ok because I wasn't below that......I think its still bad

Hope my story helped! :)
Your levels def seem real good!

Luvymom I think I'm going to test on Tuesday too! Its my anniversay! Oh how I hope I can susprise him with a BFP!
:dust:
I hope we all get our BFP!

OMG Brittles good luck and lots of superglue baby :dust: for you!!! Pls post ur HPT as soon as you do it-I have a good feeling you are gonna see a super faint :bfp:!!!!! :dance:

Icca & luvymom - good luck on Tuesday. That's he day AF is due for me but there's no way I'd be able to go to work if I get a :bfp:, so for my own sanity I HAVE to wait til thursday.

ok so from what I have been reading there are 2 different scales, one that starts at 10, one that starts at like 30 for "ok/good" numbers, but also read that almost always the doctor would like to see above 15 (I'm assuming on the smaller scale) so I am really hoping that my 12.9 was on that smaller scale. I think so... with them saying it was a "little" low. omg this is so nerve wracking. I'm so not gonna make it to tomorrow when my pee sticks get here. Def getting some on the way home when I go pick up my progesterone... OH I HOPE there are 2 pink lines!!! Even if they are super light. I don't care~!!!

Let us know what you find out!!:dust:

OMG Brittles good luck and lots of superglue baby :dust: for you!!! Pls post ur HPT as soon as you do it-I have a good feeling you are gonna see a super faint :bfp:!!!!! :dance:

Nope... no faint line :cry: but its still early. A gf of mine just told me she was measured at 6 for progesterone and she was 4 and a half weeks along, she was on the regular gel and had her baby just fine. I am only 7 dp IUI and at 12.9 and on the super compounded 100mg progesterone 2x a day. So that made me feel sooo much better.

Luvymom I think I'm going to test on Tuesday too! Its my anniversay! Oh how I hope I can susprise him with a BFP!
:dust:
I hope we all get our BFP!

aww yay! Happy Anniversary!! :yipee:

Nope... no faint line :cry: but its still early. A gf of mine just told me she was measured at 6 for progesterone and she was 4 and a half weeks along, she was on the regular gel and had her baby just fine. I am only 7 dp IUI and at 12.9 and on the super compounded 100mg progesterone 2x a day. So that made me feel sooo much better.

It is still early. I bet next week you'll get a :bfp: for sure!

:cry: its ok Brittles your SO totally still in, don't cry :cry:
Your levels are SO good!
Its still so early :hugs:

When do you think your going to test again? Are you going to wait a few days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->