After the BFP...TTC #1 "Graduates"

Sarah, I am glad we are all first time mommies here but it is so hard to know what is 'normal' for pregnancy. Some girls in my thread were super sick and others barely had any symptoms...crazy how every pregnancy is totally different!

Amy, this is probably one of the only times in life that we get excited to feel sick! While I feel bad you aren't feeling well, it is also a good thing too.

Allison, I feel a bit bad about my decision but I also feel very hurt that I asked her to wait until after the 11th so that I could tell a few friends and my family first. I know she was excited but it wasn't like I was asking her to wait until February. I just figured the less people that know the genders...the easier it is to keep the secret.

And...of course you ladies will know the genders probably the day I find out! There is no way I could keep that a secret on bnb too long...I will have to tell someone! :)

We had a gender reveal and we didn't even know the sex yet. Nobody at the party knew. It was really fun to all find out together. So if I were you, I would just keep it to your husband and yourself(well, and us too!) until the big reveal so that it's more exciting anyways regardless of the fact that your mil broke that trust. I think in the long run, the surprise will be exciting for her, as it will be for everyone else.

Yeah Savvy it's nice to be able to check with the other ladies who have been through this!

Allison I loooove the gender reveals like yours where the parents find out then too. Your video was so sweet and my friend recently did one too. I don't think I'll be able to do that though. I'll be like, just tell me now and we can surprise the other people!

Minuet, it's an interval class that's a fusion of Pilates, boxing and dance. It's really fun!

My hubby and I discussed our plan - my appointment is September 16th to find out the genders, we are going to have them put the genders in an envelope and hand it off to one of my photographer friends, she will buy balloons and fill the boxes I decorate. We will head to a park and she will take our pictures/video as we open the boxes. I trust her with my secret and we don't have many friends in common. Then at the shower I will have people cast their votes for the genders and have a big reveal with the same boxes and buy new balloons. I think it will be fun to see everyone's reaction...it will be the best part of the shower!

I want to do a little reveal just for us, so I can capture mine and my hubby's reactions to the genders. We both have different ideas of what the genders will be...so it will be exciting and interesting to open those boxes!

My hubby and I discussed our plan - my appointment is September 16th to find out the genders, we are going to have them put the genders in an envelope and hand it off to one of my photographer friends, she will buy balloons and fill the boxes I decorate. We will head to a park and she will take our pictures/video as we open the boxes. I trust her with my secret and we don't have many friends in common. Then at the shower I will have people cast their votes for the genders and have a big reveal with the same boxes and buy new balloons. I think it will be fun to see everyone's reaction...it will be the best part of the shower!

I want to do a little reveal just for us, so I can capture mine and my hubby's reactions to the genders. We both have different ideas of what the genders will be...so it will be exciting and interesting to open those boxes!

Awww, that is so sweet! I love it.

I love your idea!

Yeah Savvy it's nice to be able to check with the other ladies who have been through this!

Allison I loooove the gender reveals like yours where the parents find out then too. Your video was so sweet and my friend recently did one too. I don't think I'll be able to do that though. I'll be like, just tell me now and we can surprise the other people!

Minuet, it's an interval class that's a fusion of Pilates, boxing and dance. It's really fun!

Ooh, is there a link to the video? Would LOVE to see!

Oh I love that idea savvy!

That's a great idea savvy! It's nice to have a surprise for yourself and be able to capture that moment. I work at a bakery, so a reveal cake was an obvious choice for me. lol!

Amy, the video is on YouTube. Let me see if I can find the link and I'll post it for y'all!

https://youtu.be/1gh-rymGDq4

Hopefully that works!

And Savvy, I hope you'll share your reveal pictures with us! I know I'd love to see them, as I'm sure all these other ladies would too!!! : )

Hopefully that works!

And Savvy, I hope you'll share your reveal pictures with us! I know I'd love to see them, as I'm sure all these other ladies would too!!! : )

Sooo cute! And you are beautiful, mama!

Hopefully that works!

That was really cute Amy! And that cake looks delicious O:)

I feel like the cookie monster today.

And yes I would also like to see savvy's reveal :happydance:

Allison, I loved your gender reveal!

I will definitely post a picture of my reveal...only 5 more weeks, I can't wait!

Is everyone planning on finding out the genders?

Allison, I loved your gender reveal!

I will definitely post a picture of my reveal...only 5 more weeks, I can't wait!

Is everyone planning on finding out the genders?

Oooh, 5 weeks, I bet you are so anxious!

We definitely plan to find out the gender. Two weeks from today we have our first scan (and a few other girls, too!). I'm so nervous - my symptoms seem to be less today. I know that's normal, but I just want to see the baby to feel better about things! :wacko:

We're definitely finding out the gender. I can't wait the entire pregnancy. I have my first scan tomorrow and am really excited!!! I hope the little bean is healthy and has a strong heartbeat. Has anyone here done a scan at 7 weeks?

Only 5 more weeks, Savvy?! How exciting!!! How long after your appt are y'all going to do the balloon reveal? Don't wait too long or the suspense will kill you! Lol

Suzy, I had scans at 6 and 8 weeks, so right around 7. It won't look like much, but you should be able to see/hear the heartbeat. : )

Amy, I can't wait til you and Sarah have y'all's appointments! It seems like so far away! Ahh!!! As far as not really having symptoms, it drove me crazy. I ordered a fetal Doppler online for $50 and it reassured me every day that I didn't feel anything. So, if you're anything like me, invest in one. I still use it when I don't feel much movement and it's so reassuring.

Amy, so exciting for 2 weeks until your scan! Hopefully it will go by quick. I remember I was nervous too, just seeing your little bean and hearing that heart beating away is the best thing ever!

Suzy, I can't wait to hear your report tomorrow! Yay for 7 weeks! I had my scan done at 7w2d, Allison is right...the baby is super small and you won't see much. They measured my twins and I heard their heartbeats.

Allison, I am hoping to do the balloon reveal that same day or the following day. I will have to work it out with my photographer friend and I want to have pictures outside so I have to make sure we have good weather. It will be torture to wait all day to find out!

We did our gender reveal party the following evening of our appt. All night I wanted to know, I didn't want to wait anymore! Then I picked up the cake at like noon... We didn't cut it until like 7. All I wanted to do was stick my finger in it! Hahaha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->